New GT6 trailer(embed) looks great, Lunar Rover racing???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Spartan070 (16303 posts) -

Check the Lunar Rover at 2:30, damn.

Not trolling but this does give the Sony faithful a racer to play while waiting for Drive Club and having Xboxers brag about Forza.

#2 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

"Asosmwe"

#3 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

even though im not a big fan of racing titles you know effort went into this game not like what Turd 10 does with their copy/pasting

#4 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9938 posts) -

Screw the lunar rover (not really, its an amazing automobile) - the game includes the Delta Wing!

#5 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23372 posts) -

lol, gran turismo, good luck on that.

maybe poly can get that 20 digit friends code down to 8 digits this time around.

poly = joke dev.

#6 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

even though im not a big fan of racing titles you know effort went into this game not like what Turd 10 does with their copy/pasting

maybe poly can get that 20 digit friends code down to 8 digits this time around.

poly = joke dev.

Why?

Game looks great. Can't believe this is on current gen.

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12664 posts) -

Imagine if those cutscene they spliced in were actually ps4 footage. Unless I'm being deceived and that was the game.

Holy shit that looks good.

#8 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13687 posts) -

I'll wait for GT7 but this trailer looks great. Awesome vehicles.

#9 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23372 posts) -

@danabo said:

@silversix_ said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

poly = joke dev.

Why?

it does not matter how great it looks when it plays like crap.

and it is literally impossible to go over the laundry list of mistakes made in gt5 and what a terrible entry into the franchise it was.

anyone have the gt5 hype thread bookmarked?

poly could not make a modern race title to save their lives if they had to.

#10 Posted by 2Chalupas (4968 posts) -

@danabo said:

@silversix_ said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

poly = joke dev.

Why?

and it is literally impossible to go over the laundry list of mistakes made in gt5 and what a terrible entry into the franchises it was.

I believe we've been over this before.

You hardly touched GT5 (according to your pathetic progress), probably don't even have a wheel, so STFU about it when you know nothing of how the game actually played.

#11 Edited by DarthaPerkinjan (756 posts) -

Bull shots and bull vidoeo. It looks nothing like that ingame.

This is what it really looks like

#12 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I know, continuous 90+ on metacritic with no effort, vs great effort and constant B ratings. Really shows you that Turd 10 is far more talented than Polyphony.

#13 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23372 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@danabo said:

@silversix_ said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

poly = joke dev.

Why?

and it is literally impossible to go over the laundry list of mistakes made in gt5 and what a terrible entry into the franchises it was.

You hardly touched GT5 (according to your pathetic progress), probably don't even have a wheel, so STFU about it when you know nothing of how the game actually played.

if i eat shyt for a week and determine there is more shyt on the way to eat i'm not going to continue to eat shyt.

and thank you for confirming to everyone i played it.

it was a terrible game, it deserved all the ridicule it got case closed.

and lol... 20 digit friends code on a ps3 title.

poly = joke dev.

#14 Edited by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

@danabo said:

@silversix_ said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

poly = joke dev.

Why?

WOW 999.999 DAMAGE. Riverwolf007 has 3 HP left.

#15 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9938 posts) -

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Bull shots and bull vidoeo. It looks nothing like that ingame.

This is what it really looks like

or, more accurately, this

#16 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

I know, continuous 90+ on metacritic with no effort, vs great effort and constant B ratings. Really shows you that Turd 10 is far more talented than Polyphony.

Turd 10 learned it from Nintendo. Rehash after rehash for decades. Thank you Nintendo.

#17 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Turd 10 learned it from Nintendo. Rehash after rehash for decades. Thank you Nintendo.

Yup, the rehashes which are always outscoring the games that take years to develop. That explains why Naughty Dog games always score well, they're some of the biggest abusers of rehash

Someone should let Sony know that they should fire the hacks that work at Polyphony and get some real talent.

#18 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

I'm guessing some of you don't actually play games.

Forza is awesome. Gran Turismo's great.

This looks stunning.

#19 Edited by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Yup, the rehashes which are always outscoring the games that take years to develop. That explains why Naughty Dog games always score well, they're some of the biggest abusers of rehash

Someone should let Sony know that they should fire the hacks that work at Polyphony and get some real talent.

Turd 10 can only copy/paste their games from generation to generation. #getoverit

#20 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -
#21 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@danabo: KI will be good, Prebakedza 5 won't.

#22 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Turd 10 can only copy/paste their games from generation to generation. #getoverit

They have a lot in common with Naughty Dog then

#23 Edited by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Now if only Turd 10 released a brand new franchise when next gen is coming out. scratch that, release something new would be a good start lol

#24 Posted by foxhound_fox (86616 posts) -

They can design lunar rover driving, but can't update the engine sounds. Do they have religious objections to moving out of the 1990's when it comes to sound design?

#25 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Now if only Turd 10 released a brand new franchise when next gen is coming out. scratch that, release something new would be a good start lol

They could release a new racer, afterall The Last of Us was a game that had clunky shooting mechanics and borderline retarded AI and was more of a movie than an actual game, just like Uncharted.

#26 Edited by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

They could release a new racer, afterall The Last of Us was a game that had clunky shooting mechanics and borderline retarded AI and was more of a movie than an actual game, just like Uncharted.

Yeah TLOU was bad. If i was reviewer i'd give a 2/10 just like your post. Clunky shooting shooting in TLOU? LOL

#27 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

Yeah TLOU was bad. If i was reviewer i'd give a 2/10 just like your post. Clunky shooting shooting in TLOU? LOL

Sorry, I guess after three Uncharted games you'd be use to clunky shooting. Try not to DC too hard when Forza outscores the entire PS4 lineup. Although considering now I wouldn't be surprised if Ryse outscored Flopzone and Knack.

#28 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

I guess I have been watching too many Forza 5 videos. GT6 is looking dated...............still good for current gen though. I give Polyphony that.

#29 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9938 posts) -
#30 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@SonofK: Uc has nothing to do with TLOU. TLOU's shooting felt satisfying. Uc shooting was poor and boring. Don't mix the two...

#31 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

Come on you guys, just grow out of this. GT6 and Forza 5 both look awesome.

#32 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK: Uc has nothing to do with TLOU. TLOU's shooting felt satisfying. Uc shooting was poor and boring. Don't mix the two...

Because he's a cow and he's DC over his exclusives flopping into oblivion

#33 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Come on you guys, just grow out of this. GT6 and Forza 5 both look awesome.

#34 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@danabo: KI will be good, Prebakedza 5 won't.

Pray tell why?

Because Forza 5 feels more of an expansion than a brand new game (like Forza 2 did compared to the original). less cars and tracks than F4, very poor graphical update, no day/night/weather cycles even tho this is coming on a brand new and most expensive console. Like what are they bringing new, some crappy AI based on DA CLOUD? Talk about a cash grab.

#35 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9938 posts) -
@silversix_ said:
@R3FURBISHED said:
@silversix_ said:

KI will be good, Prebakedza 5 won't.

Pray tell why?

Because Forza 5 feels more of an expansion than a brand new game (like Forza 2 did compared to the original). less cars and tracks than F4, very poor graphical update, no day/night/weather cycles even tho this is coming on a brand new and most expensive console. Like what are they bringing new, some crappy AI based on DA CLOUD? Talk about a cash grab.

"feels"? How much time have you put into Forza 5?

I'll take a smaller number of much higher quality tracks and cars (Turn 10 said it takes them 6 months to make one car) than what is the norm - modeling tracks rather than laser scanning them.

Gran Turismo is starting to utilize laser scanning, Bathurst is the one and only laser scanned track in GT6.

_____

In regards to recycling:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-why-forza-motorsport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4

"We're looking at laser scanning of everything moving forward - that's what it comes down to," Greenawalt said of Turn 10's approach. "We want that to be the standard for next-generation. Our goal's not to carry old content over - and even with all the cars, we did the same process. There were some inaccuracies, and some cars were old-spec that we'd updated from Forza 2 to 3 to 4. But they didn't have the poly count where we wanted it - and they weren't as easy to up-res, so we just recaptured them. Some of them, the spec was good and we could add polygons where we needed them. So it came down to this rating system - and any track or car that wasn't an A grade got either chucked or recaptured."

As far as the Drivatar goes, they sound like the future.

#36 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman responds.

'Forzawho?"

#37 Posted by l34052 (3053 posts) -

They can design lunar rover driving, but can't update the engine sounds. Do they have religious objections to moving out of the 1990's when it comes to sound design?

This. Sound, consistantly PD's achilles heal.

#38 Edited by II_Seraphim_II (20478 posts) -

Im not a big car fan, never been one to get a hard on over GT franchise or Forza franchise, heck, I could care less about Driveclub...the only racing games I like are the true-arcade types (Drive club is an arcade game, but it leans towards sim world). Anyways, my dislike of cars aside, I gotta admit, Polyphony Digital makes great trailers :D

#39 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (964 posts) -

Screw the lunar rover (not really, its an amazing automobile) - the game includes the Delta Wing!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Delta Wing is no longer in the game, PD yanked it from the car list, and got rid of all images for it. Such a disappointment, it was the one car I really wanted to drive