New Freedom Wars gameplay video #Vita

#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

Here's some info on the gameplay from wikipedia:

"The game is a battle action game, and will feature online and offline multiplayer functionality, both co-operative and competitive, for up to eight players. The game will also make use of the Vita's built-in GPS functionality, near.[6] The game features a whip called the "thorn" that the player can use to zip across the battlefield and pull giant monsters to the ground.

The game features a system known as the City-State War Mode, where players are separated into 47 Panopticons, with each representing one of Japan's 47 prefectures. Each Panopticon competes with the others in development, where players set out to seek natural resources and invade other Panopticons. Developed Panopticons have the capability to place other ones under their control, and leaderboards will be used to compare each City-State. Within this mode, criminals fight amongst themselves.[7]

Players collect resources known as abductor parts. Those who contribute to their Panopticon are rewarded with accessory customisation. Voices triggered during the game can be customised.[7] The game will feature text-to-speech functionality for communication between players in multiplayer games.[8]

Weapons are categorised into six groups, namely small swords, large swords, spears, personal firearms, multipurpose firearms, and squad support firearms. Weapons feature varying degrees of rarity, and players are able to equip two simultaneously, whilst Accessories are able to equip one"

Overall, I think it's going to be a very good game for the console. Would like to see more variety with their gameplay videos though because videos like this just remind me of Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden with a futuristic twist. I'm also wondering how good the online functionality will be. Being that Japan Studio is working on it I have high hopes, though. Your thoughts, SW? Vita has a game!

#2 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16001 posts) -

It looks like some Monster Hunter rip-off.

#3 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

#VitaMeansLife

#4 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

#VitaMeansLife

Do you even own a Vita?

#5 Posted by osirisx3 (1739 posts) -

sorry vita is dead now that 3ds got island days

#6 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

sorry vita is dead now that 3ds got island days

we have the one with the girls and the bazookas

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (29088 posts) -

Disappointing. Yet another real time hack and slash team based monster battling game with a different theme. Don't know why but I was expecting something totally different and fresh.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

Disappointing. Yet another real time hack and slash team based monster battling game with a different theme. Don't know why but I was expecting something totally different and fresh.

Did you read the description I provided? It seems like there are different competitive and co-op modes.

#9 Edited by Bigboi500 (29088 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Did you read the description I provided? It seems like there are different competitive and co-op modes.

Yes, but that doesn't change what the game is: yet another MH clone in a library already overflowing in that genre.

#10 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Yes, but that doesn't change what the game is: yet another MH clone in a library already overflowing in that genre.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a clone, but yes, hunting games seem to be the hot item these days.

#11 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Gonna be great. So glad more games out like Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, cause Monster Hunter isnt very good.

#12 Edited by fgjnfgh (2626 posts) -

This and Akira are my most anticipated games for Vita. Wish there was at least a single strategy/RPG coming this year for Vita/PS3/PS4

#13 Edited by Slashkice (13004 posts) -
@fgjnfgh said:

This and Akira are my most anticipated games for Vita. Wish there was at least a single strategy/RPG coming this year for Vita/PS3/PS4

There's Natural Doctrine, which is coming to all three systems. I don't think it looks very good, but you might feel differently:

#14 Posted by Zidaneski (8442 posts) -

What was with the AI in that video? half the time they just stood there.

#15 Posted by fgjnfgh (2626 posts) -

@Slashkice: it does look strange. It's Diablo/Monster Hunter on strategy

#16 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5168 posts) -

It looks like some Monster Hunter rip-off.

They want to fill the void that MH left for the japanese cows.

#17 Edited by RR360DD (11502 posts) -

lmao looks garbage