New Final Fantasy XV Details!

#1 Edited by Gue1 (9503 posts) -

Oh dear, FFXV sounds like it's shaping up to be the best FF game since FFVII no joke. ;)

New:

Final Fantasy XV features a high action system unprecedented in the series. By taking advantage of the specs of next generation consoles, characters can move freely across the whole screen. In addition to that, the party battle system is now more advanced, allowing you to enjoy party battle by switching characters more strategically.

As the royal heir of Lucis who has the last crystal in the world, the main character Noctis and his friends will suddenly be involved in the war.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/xbox-one/games/ffxv

------------------

Old:

The battles featured in Final Fantasy XV have evolved greatly from the previous games of the series, as it’s created as an action game. The game switches seamlessly from the field to battle and the combat situation evolves rapidly. It goes on quickly with a sense of full realism.

Also, it’s possible to fight not only with the hero Noctis, but also to switch with other characters. Furthermore, it’s also possible to perform a combination attack with a companion while enjoying the dynamic effect.

Noctis can fight by making use of a variety of weapons and can move quickly within the areas by attacking enemies with stylish action!

You can fight monsters by cooperating with an ally. The ability to fight in collaboration with unique companions is an important feature of this game.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/ps4ff15.html

In Nomura we trust

PS4 will be best version BTW

#2 Edited by Desmonic (13441 posts) -

Wow, I'm so overwhelmed by all this info! So glad they didn't wait until E3 and decided to share this very vague, ambiguous and pointless bit of info at a separate date! :O

Hype +1000!

/s

Just give us a damn release date already SE! :P

#3 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3887 posts) -

hell yes. fuck all that bullshit turn based crap, give me real time action like ff crisis core. this sound great. day 1

#4 Posted by blamix99 (1693 posts) -

hope they will show us some summons next time, oh and a release date

#5 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

Sooooo, it's more like an ARPG than anything? Might be interesting.

#6 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

hell yes. fuck all that bullshit turn based crap, give me real time action like ff crisis core. this sound great. day 1

Action rig is fine but it needs some turn based elements or Japan will boycott.

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3887 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

screw japan, they are descending into irrelevance by the day. maybe square can make a turn based version for 3ds/vita/phones but the console version hell no. ff crisis core was the perfect balance

#8 Edited by Zassimick (6343 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

By taking advantage of the specs of next generation consoles, characters can move freely across the whole screen.

#9 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13447 posts) -

I'm reserving my hype until they show something that impresses, I can't trust Square.

#10 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -

Well, at least they got rid of that 'game plays itself' battle system from XIII. Bloody hell that was atrocious shite.

#11 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13447 posts) -

I hope the story line is at least a bit interesting with a healthy dose of political intrigue. I'd even take another star wars rip off at this point.

Not just the equivalent of a playable music video like the 13 series has been.

Also there better be towns and a wide open world to explore.

#12 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

screw japan, they are descending into irrelevance by the day. maybe square can make a turn based version for 3ds/vita/phones but the console version hell no. ff crisis core was the perfect balance

i never played crisis core, never had a PSP so I couldn't. but a balance would be nice, I don't like strictly action or strictly turn based.

#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

We'll know for sure it'll be the best FF since 7 when they officially announce Lightning as a playable character.

#14 Posted by fend_oblivion (6114 posts) -

We'll know for sure it'll be the best FF since 7 when they officially announce Lightning as a playable character.

They're also increasing her bust size from A cup to F cup.

#15 Posted by noodlevixen (479 posts) -

@fend_oblivion: lol are they going to be her new weapons? At that size they could kill :p

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -

I hope the story line is at least a bit interesting with a healthy dose of political intrigue. I'd even take another star wars rip off at this point.

Not just the equivalent of a playable music video like the 13 series has been.

Also there better be towns and a wide open world to explore.

TOWNS! For the love of freaking all that is good, yes!

#17 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

The only FFXV news I want to hear is they are making a pc version.

#18 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26356 posts) -

I enjoyed the 13 run so im looking forward to more FF.

#19 Posted by cooolio (451 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

Remember that giant Sea Monster in the demo? Yeah that's right.

#20 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (952 posts) -

Well FFXV will be amazing, no one is doubting that.

#21 Edited by cooolio (451 posts) -

I have very very very little experience with Final Fantasy besides a ps2 demo, the lightning Returns demo, and KH. It seems like FF XV is going to best action RPG ever created when released. The fact that you can throw your sword in to a building or object and warp there is amazing all by itself. I am really excited for KH3, but FF XV blew me away.

#22 Edited by remiks00 (1712 posts) -

Yeah FFXV will be a good game. I loved Fang in 13, but she wasn't enough to keep the game from being shite.

#23 Posted by LordQuorthon (5286 posts) -

FIGHT ENEMIES WITH REVOLUTIONARY FIGHTING SYSTEM THAT REVOLUTIONIZES THE FIGHTING SYSTEMS TO FIGHT ENEMIES WITH THE NEW SYSTEM! EXCITING NEW FIGHTING SYSTEM DESIGNED TO FIGHT ENEMIES WITH NEW SYSTEM WITH WHICH ENEMIES WILL BE FOUGHT AND DEFEATED THROUGH NEW FIGHTING SYSTEM.

I wish video game developores were a little bit more honest and humble. "Yeah, it's kind of like ______, but we changed _____ and maybe you will feel that _______ will be a nice touch that may add a new flavor to certain battles" would get me way more hyped.

#24 Posted by blamix99 (1693 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

yeahh that was Leviathan, it looks exactly the same of FF8. i wanna see Noctis summon not the enemy

#25 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17150 posts) -

This is the first time in YEARS that I have actually been excited for a FF title.

Game best not disappoint!

#26 Posted by remiks00 (1712 posts) -

FIGHT ENEMIES WITH REVOLUTIONARY FIGHTING SYSTEM THAT REVOLUTIONIZES THE FIGHTING SYSTEMS TO FIGHT ENEMIES WITH THE NEW SYSTEM! EXCITING NEW FIGHTING SYSTEM DESIGNED TO FIGHT ENEMIES WITH NEW SYSTEM WITH WHICH ENEMIES WILL BE FOUGHT AND DEFEATED THROUGH NEW FIGHTING SYSTEM.

I wish video game developores were a little bit more honest and humble. "Yeah, it's kind of like ______, but we changed _____ and maybe you will feel that _______ will be a nice touch that may add a new flavor to certain battles" would get me way more hyped.

I totally agree. All that marketing hype mumbo-jumbo only sets up disappointment. If they were a lot more down-to-earth then they would earn much more respect and praise.

#27 Edited by cooolio (451 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

yeahh that was Leviathan, it looks exactly the same of FF8. i wanna see Noctis summon not the enemy

Sigh.... It was stated in an interview that summons have to be defeated to be used. Leviathan is one of those summons.

#28 Edited by blamix99 (1693 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

Sigh.... It was stated in an interview that summons have to be defeated to be used. Leviathan is one of those summons.

really? how the heck can noctis summon leviathan? it's fucking giant dragon fish

#29 Posted by cooolio (451 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

@cooolio said:

@blamix99 said:

really? how the heck can noctis summon leviathan? it's fucking giant dragon fish

idk, but it is suppose to be a top tier summon. That in itself foreshadows large scale battles

#30 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

So in Essence, they made Devil May Cry with a Party System but without Multiplayer.

Sounds like Fun. I wana know how the Traditional Final Fantasy fans feel about the ability to do actual stuff.... Like moving. LOL..... Moving Around has been a video gaming staple since forever and Final Fantasy only mastered it Recently. XD.

#31 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ LordQuorthon

LOL. I think they hate saying that trash as much as a few of us hate hearing it. You gotta love language though... Its so crafty.

#32 Posted by Netret0120 (2034 posts) -

GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE!!! I have been waiting since middle school for this and now i'm at university:-\

#33 Posted by fend_oblivion (6114 posts) -

@fend_oblivion: lol are they going to be her new weapons? At that size they could kill :p

If we're lucky, they could end up killing her instead :D

#34 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2419 posts) -

As long as Toriyama stays the fuck away from it,it still has a chance.

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (39206 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

By taking advantage of the specs of next generation consoles, characters can move freely across the whole screen.

Haha, seriously.

#36 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -
#37 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

After playing 13 and trying 13-2, U dont think I care.

#38 Edited by MBirdy88 (7718 posts) -

That information is pointless "You can move anywhere on screen" any game can do that.... "Action game in the series, seemlessly into combat" ... so? "Can switch party members" SO!?

is this how far the non-mmo final fantasies have fallen? that this counts as interesting news? the game has been in the making since early last generation... why? because it was likely so bad but so much spent in it that it has to be released anyway.

FFXIV:ARR is more relevant then anything else being put out by that company now.

#39 Edited by finalstar2007 (24964 posts) -

I want this game so badddd mainly because i keep hearing this will have a Romeo anbd Juliet type story between the Stella and Noctis

OH PLZ COME OUT ALREADY

#40 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4804 posts) -

I want this game so badddd mainly because i keep hearing this will have a Romeo anbd Juliet type story between the Stella and Noctis

OH PLZ COME OUT ALREADY

#41 Posted by remiks00 (1712 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

OH PLZ COME OUT ALREADY

#42 Edited by cooolio (451 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

That information is pointless "You can move anywhere on screen" any game can do that.... "Action game in the series, seemlessly into combat" ... so? "Can switch party members" SO!?

is this how far the non-mmo final fantasies have fallen? that this counts as interesting news? the game has been in the making since early last generation... why? because it was likely so bad but so much spent in it that it has to be released anyway.

FFXIV:ARR is more relevant then anything else being put out by that company now.

Either you have not seen the gameplay or you just do not like the direction the franchise is taking.

#43 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ cooolio

I saw the gameplay.... Its the stuff Hideki Kamiya can only dream of... And I like where its going.... Some co-op would be nice. :)

#44 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4804 posts) -

@remiks00 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@finalstar2007 said:

OH PLZ COME OUT ALREADY

#45 Posted by Suppaman100 (3777 posts) -

Was hyped then I saw this:

"it’s created as an action game"

....and hype is gone

#46 Edited by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

#47 Edited by remiks00 (1712 posts) -