NEW Final Fantasy The Last Remanant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Filonus
Member since 2003 • 1307 Posts

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20119_square-enix-annonce-the-last-remnant.html

i dont really know  what to make of the screens. But hey its probably multiplatform. so good news for some cow and lemmings.

but probably not for sheep judgin by the graphics.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
I don't think Square Enix is milking this franchise enough.
meekman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 meekman
Member since 2005 • 659 Posts
Looks like Dynasty Warriors from that enemies/allies moral bar at the top and just from the sheer amount of creatures on the screen at once.
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

I don't think Square Enix is milking this franchise enough.iunderstand

lol

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Is that french? I can't read that. Looks Playstation 2ish graphically. I will probably buy it if isn't garbage like Dirge of Cerberus
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I don't think Square Enix is milking this franchise enough.iunderstand

it'll probably go down as the most milked franchise in the history of gaming. 

Sovereign727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sovereign727
Member since 2006 • 673 Posts

[QUOTE="iunderstand"]I don't think Square Enix is milking this franchise enough.Dreams-Visions

it'll probably go down as the most milked franchise in the history of gaming.

All the main FF's have been great (except for arguably FFXI) and very long lasting games. I don't really consider it milking if the titles are good and its your choice to buy them, and if it is I dont really care. What **** me off is when they really churn it out like Mario Party, EA sports, etc. 

NickyJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NickyJD
Member since 2007 • 231 Posts

It's the 360 Square game Shane from 1up was talking about. No PS3. It's a traditional turn based JRPG

It's a FFXIII killer.

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts
The Last Remnant is separate from Final Fantasy I believe.....
shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

Game looks awesome !

But the question is.... will it have a lame story ? and it will it have gender confused main characters yet again ?   boy I am sick of that in FF games, its why I have not got one since FF7.

NickyJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NickyJD
Member since 2007 • 231 Posts
Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.NickyJD
There is NO WAY won't happen, they are all out multiplatform now, in fact they are so aggresively going to other platforms, that i can see EVERY one of their games on 360, bar White Knight that is published by Sony
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Filonus

It's the 360 Square game Shane from 1up was talking about. No PS3. It's a traditional turn based JRPG

It's a FFXIII killer.

NickyJD

http://n4g.com/News-38432.aspx

either you've got the wrong game or shane from 1up was wrong my friend this game is coming out on "next gen consoles"

either way anyone with a half a brain knows squeenix's strongest games will be ffxiii and versus

Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Filonus

[QUOTE="NickyJD"]Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.greg_splicer
There is NO WAY won't happen, they are all out multiplatform now, in fact they are so aggresively going to other platforms, that i can see EVERY one of their games on 360, bar White Knight that is published by Sony

errr isn't white knight story developed by level 5

also dude if you read up on FF last remanant the devs have said they're trying to market it to a more western audience, which could expain why the game is coming out on 360 they're probably hoping to capitalize off the 360' install base in north america. Dont get all hyped up think for a second. FFIII with its chibi cutesy characters and the crystal chronicles seris was released on nintendo consoles, because nintendo appeals to that demographic. FFXI probably went to xbox because of the growth of mmo's in the west, and because microsoft had better online.

you've gotta think about the business of all this, does it really make financial sense to release all your next gen games on every next gen platform when each demographic is gonna buy the console you are originally aiming at FFXIII for ps3. As soon as FFXIII comes out..Square-enix and sony have been jointly marketing the playstation 3 in japan using FFXIII in adverts. its the flagship title  

dont cry a river if FFXIII and Versus dont make it to the 360. you've been warned 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 greg_splicer

[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="NickyJD"]Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.Filonus

also dude if you read up on FF last remanant the devs have said they're trying to market it to a more western audience, which could expain why the game is coming out on 360 they're probably hoping to capitalize off the 360' install base in north america. Dont get all hyped up think for a second. FFIII with its chibi cutesy characters and the crystal chronicles seris was released on nintendo consoles, because nintendo appeals to that demographic. FFXI probably went to xbox because of the growth of mmo's in the west, and because microsoft had better online.

you've gotta think about the business of all this, does it really make financial sense to release all your next gen games on every next gen platform when each demographic is gonna buy the console you are originally aiming at FFXIII for ps3. As soon as FFXIII comes out..Square-enix and sony have been jointly marketing the playstation 3 in japan using FFXIII in adverts. its the flagship title  

dont cry a river if FFXIII and Versus dont make it to the 360. you've been warned 

You do know Final Fantasy games sell to the rest of the world far more than Japan itself ? So why the hell would they not sell FF13 well worldwide on 360 ? It is stupid to think so, it would sell above 3 million for sure or more Plus, i won't cry a river, just have to buy a PS3 sooner than i wnt to, you really think i would miss games like White Knight, Drake, Angel Rings, Unknown Relams, MGS4, Team ICO games, God of War 3 etc Just if FF13 arrives on my nice 360, i will be able to postpone getting a PS3 until middle 2009, with a nice price drop, and a lot of budget games, that is all, no crying rivers from me, after all i ALWAYS buy all systems in the end, bar pc What i really have against PS3 is the REDICOULOUSLY HIGH, UNTOUCHABLE price it has, if it was 400$, trust me, i would have one right now, and would never bash it again, i wouldmove to Wii, that has no chance to ever escape my bashing for eternity, sincei have one and know what a gerbage it is
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Filonus
[QUOTE="Filonus"]

[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="NickyJD"]Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.greg_splicer

You do know Final Fantasy games sell to the rest of the world far more than Japan itself ? So why the hell would they not sell FF13 well worldwide on 360 ? It is stupid to think so, it would sell above 3 million for sure or more Plus, i won't cry a river, just have to buy a PS3 sooner than i wnt to, you really think i would miss games like White Knight, Drake, Angel Rings, Unknown Relams, MGS4, Team ICO games, God of War 3 etc Just if FF13 arrives on my nice 360, i will be able to postpone getting a PS3 until middle 2009, with a nice price drop, and a lot of budget games, that is all, no crying rivers from me, after all i ALWAYS buy all systems in the end, bar pc What i really have against PS3 is the REDICOULOUSLY HIGH, UNTOUCHABLE price it has, if it was 400$, trust me, i would have one right now, and would never bash it again, i wouldmove to Wii, that has no chance to ever escape my bashing for eternity, sincei have one and know what a gerbage it is

lol everyone who says that for some reason always says "3 million for sure"

dude if that is the case explain to me why the hell it isn't already multiplatform. Hell why didnt at jump festa they reveal it to be multiplatform, wouldnt that encourage people to buy 360's? u'know which would enlarge the install base of 360s

but they haven't have they. There's no real reason for them to keep it a secret at all. In addition it would have been leaked already like every other leaked bit of info on former exclusives (assassin's creed anyone?).

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

The Last Remnant is separate from Final Fantasy I believe.....Ultimas_Blade

ye I think so too

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="Filonus"]

[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="NickyJD"]Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.Filonus

dude if that is the case explain to me why the hell it isn't already multiplatform. Hell why didnt at jump festa they reveal it to be multiplatform, wouldnt that encourage people to buy 360's? u'know which would enlarge the install base of 360s

but they haven't have they. There's no real reason for them to keep it a secret at all. In addition it would have been leaked already like every other leaked bit of info on former exclusives (assassin's creed anyone?).

Reason: FF13 will probably be PS3 timed exclusive
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

Looks like Dynasty Warriors from that enemies/allies moral bar at the top and just from the sheer amount of creatures on the screen at once.meekman

My thoughts exactly. 

bloodyclot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bloodyclot
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

It's a FFXIII killer.

NickyJD

did you visit the site?? In the info box in the right hand side it says Xbox version, then go down a few lines and it says "alternative versions" = PS3......  

Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Filonus
[QUOTE="Filonus"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="Filonus"]

[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="NickyJD"]Oh and it's a unreal engine 3 game, looks like Square want to jump on the 360 bandwagon, wouldn't surprise me if FFXIII goes to 360 as well.greg_splicer

Reason: FF13 will probably be PS3 timed exclusive

you could be right, but i doubt it. If you think about it Squeenix keep releasing all these games left fight n centre, now they release last remanant to appeal to "wester audiences" think about that for a sec. They're trrying to make dough brother probably to offset the huge development price tag of Fabula Nova Chrystallis projects. especilly XIII  

making XIII a timed exclusive makes no financial sense. it'd cost them a lotta money and there'd be competition with the abundance of Rpgs already coming out on 360. most 360 fanboys ridicule FF and seem to like LO and mass effect more. Its a risk they probably wont take seeing as they're making money left right n centre

What