New Dragon Age Inquisition video - The world of Dragon Age.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by padaporra (3389 posts) -

Looks very good. Art style and graphics were incredibly bad in both Dragon Ages. That really held the universe back, hopefully this will change in this game with the new Frostbine engine.

#2 Posted by Snugenz (11740 posts) -

Looks gorgeous hopefully the gameplay will match.

#3 Posted by Postosuchus (141 posts) -

Looks pretty decent, but DA2 erased the last bit of goodwill I had towards Bioware. And that leaked alpha gameplay looked just like DA2.

#4 Posted by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

Thanks for the video. It looks very impressive. Hopefully the gameplay matches the visuals.

#5 Posted by Krelian-co (10246 posts) -

i preordered dragon age 2, NEVER AGAIN BIOWARE

I will wait for reviews.

#6 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

I will wait for reviews.

I agree, Dragon age one had such promise. morrigan was awesome.

DA2 i thought the story and characters were good, but oh my god that gameplay and the settings, really needed work.

Certainly willing to give them another chance though, it's bioware FFS.

#7 Edited by Boddicker (2435 posts) -

DA:O = Serviceable. Got tiresome after a while. Orc-like threat was unoriginal.

DA2 = Hideous. Class balance was mildly improved.

I think I'm going to pass on Bioware's latest game. Sad that a dev like Bioware has sunk so low. My ears used to perk up at the mere mention of their name. Now I just want them to die.

#8 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

DA2 i thought the story and characters were good, but oh my god that gameplay and the settings, really needed work.

Bioware are highly inconsistent imo... Their voice acting and dialogue is always top-notch though.

#9 Posted by Postosuchus (141 posts) -

DA:O = Serviceable. Got tiresome after a while. Orc-like threat was unoriginal.

DA2 = Hideous. Class balance was mildly improved.

I think I'm going to pass on Bioware's latest game. Sad that a dev like Bioware has sunk so low. My ears used to perk up at the mere mention of their name. Now I just want them to die.

Instead of paring down the filler combat from DAO, they just made it a button masher to get through quicker. I'd like to think they learned their lesson, but I'm not about to preorder just to get burned again.

#10 Posted by lawlessx (46456 posts) -

will wait for reviews..i haven't had much faith in bioware recently

#11 Posted by fueled-system (6249 posts) -

DA2 had many of problems but I do think it is a tad underrated. Hope this is good and combines the better elements of both games

#12 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

Looks pretty darn good. I have high hopes for this game. I invested 75 hours into Dragon Age Origins and I didn't even complete it. One of my favourite RPGs of last gen and one of my most played games on PC (according to Xfire)

Still didn't complete it, makes me want to play again but I lost my save, not sure if I want to put in another 50-100 hours lol.

#13 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

Those graphics are outstanding. They aren't as much a technical achievement of photorealism as much as they are high fidelity with a very colorful artstyle that allows the environments to pop more. Feels much more fantasy than most RPGs.

That said, it's safe to be skeptical about the gameplay.

#14 Edited by Krelian-co (10246 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

Bioware are highly inconsistent imo... Their voice acting and dialogue is always top-notch though.

i thought dialogue was one of the worst parts of DA 2, everytime hawke said something i kinda wanted to slap him.

#15 Posted by Sollet (7304 posts) -

Am I the only one not impressed by these graphics? Looks good but not MIND-BLOWING good.

#16 Posted by musalala (2120 posts) -

Yeah not preodering this not after DA 2

#17 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

Oh i agree, but when they nail it, they can do it better than almost anyone. thats why they shouldn't ever be written off.

#18 Posted by Krelian-co (10246 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

Oh i agree, but when they nail it, they can do it better than almost anyone. thats why they shouldn't ever be written off.

not rly, they lost it, their last games have been bad, maybe it has to do with ea buying them or not, but since then they've released dragon age 2, knights of the old republic and mass effect 3, they are mediocre at best.

#19 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

Looks fantastic. Frostbite 3 in an open world RPG > Any other game engine until CryEngine 4 releases. Next gen to me is the years of more stable gameplay, and larger open worlds for RPG's

#20 Posted by Ghost120x (3691 posts) -

Still skeptical.

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Guild Wars 2's world looks beautiful and unique. This looks like generic shit. Proof engine doesn't make a game.

#22 Edited by Ballroompirate (22284 posts) -

Dang that Frostbite 3 engine is looking good.

#23 Posted by Postosuchus (141 posts) -

@Sollet said:

Am I the only one not impressed by these graphics? Looks good but not MIND-BLOWING good.

I'm not impressed by the foliage-bearing trees (they look rather blocky) but the rest looks pretty good. Aside from the generic medieval art direction that is.

#24 Posted by heretrix (37295 posts) -

Unlike many people here, Bioware's missteps haven't soured me as much on the company. I actually liked DA2 quite a bit. It had more than it's fare share of problems but the story and characters kept me interested. I'm looking forward to this as they were allowed plenty of time to make it instead of being rushed like DA2.

#25 Posted by silversix_ (13922 posts) -

Will be surprising if this game runs at over 600p on X1. Buying this day one probably on pc

#26 Edited by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

Wow, while I do think that DAI is going to basically copy ME3's plotline, the world looks much improved.

However, I like how they are NOT going to be like Dragon Age Origins. Why? Because that game is simply too flawed in too many areas. It looks like gameplay wise, they are going with what works for both DAO and DA2 and turn away from what didn't work.

So DAI will have the race selection from origins (improved with a new race), the dialogue wheel from DA2 (improved in every way), and a combat system that is more tactical but stays responsive.

#27 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (539 posts) -

Frostbite 3 prepare for bugs.

#28 Edited by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

not rly, they lost it, their last games have been bad, maybe it has to do with ea buying them or not, but since then they've released dragon age 2, knights of the old republic and mass effect 3, they are mediocre at best.

Mass Effect 3 is a 93 on MC with the game selling over 5 million copies, and along with Mass Effect 2, its Bioware's best selling title. So much for "that ending" hurting its sales.

SWTOR had a rough post launch but it has now rebounded to be a very profitable MMO, and its far from terrible. In fact the Imperial Agent storyline is easily one of Bioware's best plots. And really not many MMOs have the leveling quality that SWTOR has.

The ONLY game you listed that was an objective failure is DA2, which sold half the copies as DAO and was less well received critically.

#29 Edited by Krelian-co (10246 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

Mass Effect 3 is a 93 on MC with the game selling over 5 million copies, and along with Mass Effect 2, its Bioware's best selling title. So much for "that ending" hurting its sales.

SWTOR had a rough post launch but it has now rebounded to be a very profitable MMO, and its far from terrible. In fact the Imperial Agent storyline is easily one of Bioware's best plots. And really not many MMOs have the leveling quality that SWTOR has.

The ONLY game you listed that was an objective failure is DA2, which sold half the copies as DAO and was less well received critically.

no one summoned you texas "bioware dick rider" extraordinare and no one cares what you say, mmmk?

#30 Posted by milannoir (1551 posts) -

I will wait for reviews.

Same here. Mass Effect went downhill after the first, and DA 2 was the game that made me stop preordering.

#31 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

please dont mention the old republic. i really dont want to know about that game, every time i see / hear something about i wish i'd got into it. I dont do MMO's but for star wars i reckon i could.. i would need a better graphics card, but if it were on xbox i would have been in day one. i really like star wars.

and i enjoyed the mass effect trilogy immensely, the ending did not bother me, but the extended cut and the citadel dlc really made it up for me. my shepherd is still nursing a hangover after the party and that is how my story finished.

#32 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

no one summoned you texas "bioware dick rider" extraordinare and no one cares what you say, mmmk?

wow, what a nob.

#33 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -

While I didn't like Dragon Age 2 as much as Origins, I still enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to seeing more about Inquisition.

#34 Posted by Spartan070 (16327 posts) -

I understand people having an opinion one way or another on Bioware but for a company responsible for so many AAA titles some of you guys sure do harp on the one or two bad eggs...

I look at Biowares' library and I have supreme confidence in them. Plus they have done several interviews late last year on the DA2 outrage, it's not as if the cries of the masses have fallen on deaf ears.

So cynical...

#35 Posted by Spartan070 (16327 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

Same here. Mass Effect went downhill after the first, and DA 2 was the game that made me stop preordering.

There have only been 2 of them, you say "after the first" as if there was a long line of bad DA games that came after. They had one bad egg, which was actually good in certain regards (story, characters, etc...).

#36 Edited by LustForSoul (5839 posts) -

Looks nice graphically. Gameplay bored me in the first games.

#37 Posted by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) -

#38 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

This game looks incredible. I want it.

#39 Posted by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) -

This game looks incredible. I want it.

Finally!! You say something that actually makes sense :) ;P

#40 Edited by padaporra (3389 posts) -

Guild Wars 2's world looks beautiful and unique. This looks like generic shit. Proof engine doesn't make a game.

I'm not sure how much unique rocks and tress can look. And this trailer focused almost entirely on pure nature.

I haven't played Guild Wars 2, but I'll certainly not say it's generic based on a picture like this.

#41 Posted by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

I will wait for reviews.

The first game had a lot of problems, so no, it did not go downhill.

Hell, except for DA2, ME1 is by far Bioware's most unpolished game.

#42 Edited by Merex760 (4284 posts) -

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck, probably gonna suck.

#43 Posted by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

Here is how the dialogue system in Dragon Age Inquisition will be...

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:King_Cousland/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition%27s_Dialogue_System_Explained

Similarly to Dragon Age II, dialogue options are picked from paraphrases on a wheel interface, and are written with a voiced protagonist in mind.

• There is no longer a dominant tone the protagonist will use during "auto-dialogue" segments.
  • There will be less "auto-dialogue" than in Dragon Age II, as it will only be heard when the Inquisitor says something such as "Go on." or "What is that?"
  • The diplomatic, humorous and aggressive tones used by Hawke are gone, replaced by noble, clever and direct. This is an initiative to bridge the gap between the three tones.
  • Similarly to how the "investigate" branch of the dialogue wheel broke off in Dragon Age II, there will now be a branch dealing with "special" dialogue choices or actions to be taken. This is dependent on things such as having a certain companion present, romance options, previous choices etc., and will be greyed out if the requirement is not met in order to show the player the choice they could have made.
#44 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

is it just me or did the trailer make the game seem skyrimish?

even looked like skyrim for a game that is supposed to be nextgen.

oh well here is hoping mass effect 4 is even more awe inspiring

#45 Posted by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

is it just me or did the trailer make the game seem skyrimish?

even looked like skyrim for a game that is supposed to be nextgen.

oh well here is hoping mass effect 4 is even more awe inspiring

Skyrim is far more Norse.

DAI more looks like The Witcher.

#46 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2305 posts) -

EA destroyed bioware

This game has no chance

#47 Posted by texasgoldrush (9120 posts) -

EA destroyed bioware

This game has no chance

Please tell me how. Enlighten me.

Because really, they didn't.