New Dragon Age: Inquisition Information (Sounds Amazing)

• 106 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

Below are points that I hope you will find noteworthy and enjoy reading:

1. There will be 5 regions in Dragon Age: Inquisition: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales:

-2 of the areas you can expect to visit are; a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground, known as the Emerald Graves.

-The Emerald Graves, according to executive producer Mark Darrah, is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.

-According to the magazine, while enemy levels don't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.

-Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.

-Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition Companions:

-There will be no DLC Companions: According to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw: "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."

-Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.

The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as "a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith"

-Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as "an elven archer. Little is known about them [referring to both Sera and the Iron Bull] at this point, particularly Sera, who turned up seemingly on accident during one of several combat demonstrations..."

3. The Dialogue Wheel:

-"We have three wheels that we use in response to any given piece of dialogue" says Gaider. "One of those is what we call the 'tone wheel', which is mostly for role-playing choices. The other two are the 'choice wheel'- for taking an action or stating an opinion-and the 'reaction wheel,' for emotional moments"

4. The Inquisitor:

-There will be 4 voices for the Inquisitor 2 for each gender, for all races

-To address why the same voices apply to all races, Mike Laidlaw made the following statement: "It's a matter of file size...if we were to have eight voices, two for each race, we would be shipping on 14 discs or something. We figured that with four voices, that would give players enough options while staying within our size limitations"

-Bioware is currently exploring options to differentiate the voices, like changing the pitch of the audio.

-The Prologue Section (or the "Origin" section" will be the same for all players. The player's appearance, class and dialogue responses during the prologue section will fill in the details, presumably of the Inquisitor's background, and in particular inform how other characters respond to you throughout the story.

-The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a reality-shattering event which results in the Fade tearing opening throughout Thedas.

-"Presumbly as a result [of the Fade tearing open throughout Thedas], you're also endowed with a singular ability: you can close these rifts wherever they appear throughout the continent."

5. Endings:

-"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

6. Customization:

-Armour weights are no longer class specific. Meaning a rogue can wear a mage's robes, and a mage can wear a warrior's armour. The magazine speculates the penalties will be similar to the fatigue penalties used in DA: Origins

7. Other information:

-There will be a jar of bees, which can be used as a combat item which according to Bioware: "You throw it, the jar breaks open, and little bees fly around stinging your opponents."

Whatever Bioware. I see through you. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twi-

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding, the game looks absolutely amazing, and I will probably end up getting it day one at all costs. Although, forty different endings? That would be a lot of different colored lights to walk to.

SOURCE

#2 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Title says looks amazing..... No pictures.

Fail Char Fail hahahah

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (8923 posts) -

Dragon Age 2.5.

#4 Edited by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Fail Char Fail hahahah

Sorry, I meant 'looks' as in, damn, the PS4 looks like an amazing console. Not physically looks.

We don't actually have any new pictures lol

#5 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Fail Char Fail hahahah

This.

Came in thread hoping for pretty screenshots.

Left disappointed.

Too early in the morning to read chunks of text :P

#6 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Fail Char Fail hahahah

Sorry, I meant 'looks' as in, damn, the PS4 looks like an amazing console. Not physically looks.

We don't actually have any new pictures lol

DAMMIT CHAR

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: @_Matt_: THERE ARE YOU TWO HAPPY NOW

#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

No, actually. I would rather you fixed your mistake by putting pics, not by changing the thread title :P

#9 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

I'm waiting for user reviews

#10 Edited by Flubbbs (3139 posts) -

im cautiously optimistic for this game

#11 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3829 posts) -

How many people can I have sex with and how many will be of my own gender?

#12 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

NO. BUT YOU DO KNOW IM JUST BUSTING YOUR CHOPS IN A MORE JOVIAL WAY THAN NORMAL

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

NO. BUT YOU DO KNOW IM JUST BUSTING YOUR CHOPS IN A MORE JOVIAL WAY THAN NORMAL

I KNOW LOL DON'T WORRY xD

#14 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

Can not wait for this to ship. Looks fantastic.

#15 Edited by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

it seems they have learned from their mistakes and have really taken their time to get this one right.

I'll need to see gameplay and read a bit more before I do any pre-ordering, but i enjoyed both games, but for different reasons, so this one is definitely one to watch.

#16 Posted by silversix_ (14785 posts) -

To me its been long confirmed that this game will be as good or even better than the original.

#17 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

Day 1

#18 Posted by Krelian-co (11168 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm waiting for user reviews

same, will wait until i see full reviews

#21 Posted by DocSanchez (1636 posts) -

I might be the only person who actually liked DA 2. Don't understand why people were so harsh.

#22 Edited by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well i want to see if they recycle the same scenes in the game over and over like in DA2 and with it being a mulit plat, the reviews shouldn't be that bad. Mainly just some people around here. I get what you're saying though.

DA2 scored an 8/10 here and by the sounds of people who played it, it didn't deserve that score?

There was something like 34-39 different areas in DA2 which was actually a lot, the bad thing is there was A LOT of back tracking. I agree with the score since DA2 does a few things better than DA Origins (characters) and it does some things worse than DA Origins (needless backtracking) while combat is a hit or miss for both DA games.

The hate for DA2 is way overblown by Baldurs Gate/PC fanboys, the game is "slightly" above avg and not a terribad game like the fanboys make it out to be. I loved DA Origins but I didn't put it on such a high pedestal like most people did to the point I'd bash any sequel after Origins.

After RE6 I tend to ignore user reviews since people would just bash that game cause they heard it was bad w/o playing it, so it brings up the question how many people actually play the games they're bashing?

#23 Posted by donalbane (16362 posts) -

They didn't have me until the, "jars of bees."

#24 Edited by RossRichard (2393 posts) -

Various open-world RPGs have been promising things like this for at least a decade, especially the part where you can do things like hunt plant species to near extinction and how killing camps of mobs would effect the world. None of them came true like they promised. And the whole closing tears of the fade thing brings back bad memories of closing rift after rift in Oblivion.

And of course, the whole 'this game is published by EA' thing has me really nervous. I am expecting prolific amounts of DLC and microtransactions. They say new characters won't be DLC, but I promise you they already know their DLC schedule for at least a year.

But I do want this game to be good. I just don't have enough faith in EA or Bioware to let myself get too hyped.

#26 Posted by Boddicker (2786 posts) -

So do the decisions you made in DA:O and DA2 really matter? I mean really, really matter?

It seems like with a new protagonist every game that's gonna be kinda hard and you can just use the prebaked backgrounds.

#27 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Standard high fantasy setting and mechanics that will be drastically changed/dumbed down before release? Sounds amazing.

#28 Edited by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

Still 1B to Destinys' 1A on my most anticipated games OF THE GEN list, has been since it was announced.

I don't care if there's a $500 collectors edition I'd preorder it in full tomorrow.

#29 Edited by -God- (466 posts) -

Another title that will be best on PC.

#30 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@Yangire said:

Standard high fantasy setting and mechanics that will be drastically changed/dumbed down before release? Sounds amazing.

Must be hard to keep track of time living in the past...

#31 Edited by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

So do the decisions you made in DA:O and DA2 really matter? I mean really, really matter?

It seems like with a new protagonist every game that's gonna be kinda hard and you can just use the prebaked backgrounds.

They don't alter the entire main story progression but the decide what NPCs you run into, how they react to you, whether or not they're even alive and potentially the strength of certain factions, ALL of which with affect the innumerable number of sidequests. Remember some of your squad was with you in DA2(Varric) and rumors about returning DA:O characters(Leliana)

#32 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

@Spartan070:

Eh, it's easier than believing it's hours later than it is because someone said so.

#33 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@Yangire said:

@Spartan070:

Eh, it's easier than believing it's hours later than it is because someone said so.

Haha +1 that was great!

#34 Edited by lamprey263 (24135 posts) -

none of this matters, "EA is evil... durka dur!"

they can have DLC for a Rainbow Brite battle armor or something for $1 and people will bitch and moan about microtransactions

#35 Posted by SUD123456 (4487 posts) -

None of that sounds amazing. Most of it is just meaningless info without context. The snippets of gameplay mechanics mentioned have all been tried before and turn out to be trivial or meaningless effects. This is not going to change this time, because we can't program AI to be that smart and more importantly the programming and art time to make real meaningful differences that actually engage you and add to the gameplay would drive development costs too high. I laugh when he says you won't have 40 variations of the same ending. We will get 10 minor variations of each of 4 endings. Count on it.

#36 Posted by Postosuchus (176 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

The hate for DA2 is way overblown by Baldurs Gate/PC fanboys, the game is "slightly" above avg and not a terribad game like the fanboys make it out to be.

Is an 8/10 a proper score for a "slightly above avg and not terribad game"? Let alone the ridiculous PCGamer review: a 94 and "best RPG combat ever"

If you played the PC version of DA:O, DA2 was noticeably heavily dumbed down and worthy of scorn. Much less player customization, very little NPC customization, wave based combat with enemies spawning out of thin air and scaled back tactical view. Coupled with the lazy area design, even if the backlash was somewhat overblown it was deserved for such a sloppy divergent sequel. I do agree DA:O was overrated however.

#37 Posted by Joedgabe (5114 posts) -

5. Endings:

-"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

All aboard the Bull shit Train!!! CHOOO CHOOO!!!!!

if they BS about 1 thing there might be BS about other things.

#38 Posted by johnd13 (8217 posts) -

Interesting read. This game truly has great potential. I'd like learn to more about how your saves from previous games will affect the world as I've lost my saves from DA:O and haven't played DA 2...

#39 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

5. Endings:

Too far along in dev to lie about that, I'd have to imagine that from here till fall it's all technical polish and gameplay tweaking.

#40 Edited by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Interesting read. This game truly has great potential. I'd like learn to more about how your saves from previous games will affect the world as I've lost my saves from DA:O and haven't played DA 2...

www.dragonagekeep.com - all taken care of

You can import your old choices, alter them if you were unhappy with them or if you're new to the series(or skipped DA2) you can create a setting based off a massive checklist of choices from the first 2 games.

Genius, really.

#41 Posted by Joedgabe (5114 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@Joedgabe said:

5. Endings:

Too far along in dev to lie about that, I'd have to imagine that from here till fall it's all technical polish and gameplay tweaking.

I'm pretty sure is BS. Especially given the "multiple endings" history the industry has had.

#42 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Not gonna fall for the hype, but I still expect a good game nonetheless. I'll probably get it day one.

#43 Posted by voljin1987 (735 posts) -

#44 Posted by musalala (2222 posts) -

II'm sorry if you fall for this BS after Dragon age 2 and Mass effect 3 you are an idiot.Bioware made the exact same promise with dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 (and TORtanic) promising the sun moon and stars to fans all for it to turn out into complete BS.

#45 Posted by Krelian-co (11168 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@Joedgabe said:

5. Endings:

well after they said something almost exactly the same about mass effect 3 endings, i'm going to call bs too, but who knows maybe each action changes an image of the powerpoint ending like dragon age.

#47 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@musalala said:

II'm sorry if you fall for this BS after Dragon age 2 and Mass effect 3 you are an idiot.Bioware made the exact same promise with dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 (and TORtanic) promising the sun moon and stars to fans all for it to turn out into complete BS.

ME3 wasn't BS at all as a whole, only the last 5 minutes were. The game was great up until then and the mp was amazing also...imo...

#49 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12202 posts) -

Ridiculously excited for Inquisition. DA2 was a disappointment, but BioWare seems to understand where they went wrong with the first sequel. The game is certainly ambitious, and I can't wait to hear more.

#50 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

If they bring back the tactical view from DA:O I will give this game a chance. If they don't, I probably won't.