New Destiny trailer shows off gameplay and abilities

• 73 results
#1 Posted by Heil68 (47146 posts) -

What do you think? I'm liking it!

Loading Video...

#2 Edited by musicalmac (23633 posts) -

I still don't know what to think of Destiny. I just get that inkling that it'll be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure.

#3 Posted by locopatho (20969 posts) -

The powers look class. The "intersecting" with other players sounds a bit like the Souls' series online.

2014 had Titanfall to start with and has Destiny to finish, a great FPS combo for sure :D

#4 Posted by Heil68 (47146 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

I still don't know what to think of Destiny. I just get that inkling that it'll be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure.

I think putting $60 down for day 1 is a safe bet, I'll easily get my money's worth out if it and with Bungie I think they'll get it right but as is with all MMO's, it will need constant patching.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (12747 posts) -

Game will be monetized like mad. Prepare for Bobby sucking your soul through a straw.

#6 Edited by always_explicit (3097 posts) -

Doesnt look particularly innovative but a solid purchase I would say. My concern is that lack of characterization. Looks a little soulless.

#7 Edited by musicalmac (23633 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I think putting $60 down for day 1 is a safe bet, I'll easily get my money's worth out if it and with Bungie I think they'll get it right but as is with all MMO's, it will need constant patching.

The reason I believe it could be a spectacular success is because of Bungie. If this were being developed by anyone else, I almost wonder if I'd hesitate to believe in its ability to capture a consistent audience, or to captivate the press.

We'll see, I want it to succeed. It's my favorite developer, for crying out loud...

#8 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

Do want X100000000000000000000000000000000000

Seriously I wasn't a big fan of the halo series. But this looks to be top notch work.

#9 Posted by Suppaman100 (4356 posts) -

Superior version for PS4 confirmed.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Halo franchise

#10 Posted by silversix_ (16138 posts) -

and people say this isn't an mmo haha. Im excited, this is the only fps im excited for in 2014.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (43425 posts) -

The weapon models remind me of Borderlands. They have this cartoonish look to them.

#12 Edited by Heil68 (47146 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Heil68 said:

The reason I believe it could be a spectacular success is because of Bungie. If this were being developed by anyone else, I almost wonder if I'd hesitate to believe in its ability to capture a consistent audience, or to captivate the press.

We'll see, I want it to succeed. It's my favorite developer, for crying out loud...

and you will have to differ with 360 version :P How..pedestrian. :P

#13 Posted by musicalmac (23633 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

lol... I am such casual trash.

#14 Edited by Heil68 (47146 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Heil68 said:

lol... I am such casual trash.

I'm guessing ti will come out to PC later...if it's successful?

#15 Posted by musicalmac (23633 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'd certainly be more willing to play it on PC.

#16 Edited by raging_user (467 posts) -

Really not liking the look of this game, it's like they can't decide between cartoony and cg and they're failing at both

#17 Posted by Led_poison (10144 posts) -

Nothing seems to stand out. Its all been done before, kind of disappointing from a new IP.

#18 Edited by kuu2 (7960 posts) -

I liked Borderlands so this is not a must buy for me. You also know that this game will be very polished and free from most glitches.

#19 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18617 posts) -

This game has been in development for so long I don't know what to expect anymore.

#20 Posted by Couth_ (10323 posts) -

Neat

#21 Posted by Wasdie (50637 posts) -

I feel they are almost being cryptic on how the game is laid out. Is it more MMO like or is it more single player like with co-op elements? Now they are talking about the cities being more hub-like where there are a lot of people, which pushes the game further towards MMO than I thought it was.

#22 Posted by aroxx_ab (10771 posts) -

Cant wait for the beta

#23 Edited by flashn00b (3104 posts) -

@Heil68: Honestly, i'm expecting that it'd take a bribe for it to be on PC, because Valve would likely need to buy Linux ports of console games if they want to sell Steam Machines.

#24 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10844 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I feel they are almost being cryptic on how the game is laid out. Is it more MMO like or is it more single player like with co-op elements? Now they are talking about the cities being more hub-like where there are a lot of people, which pushes the game further towards MMO than I thought it was.

The Tower in 'The City' is the games hub - the online space where all players will wonder around, can form parties and show off their exploits.

The campaign is built to be co-op with your fireteam but offers large scale public battles in the form of Public Events.

And it's Bungie, so of course they're being cryptic.

#25 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@musicalmac: Agreed on that opinion. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Bungie, but I'm not sold on this game yet. That could change after the Beta.

#26 Edited by heretrix (37525 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@musicalmac: Agreed on that opinion. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Bungie, but I'm not sold on this game yet. That could change after the Beta.

I feel the same way that both of you do, but one thing I know about Bungie is that this is what they do and at the very least it's going to a solid as a rock as far a shooters go. I'm not really into multiplayer shooters but I gotta admit I had a blast playing Halo online.

#27 Posted by Spitfire-Six (692 posts) -

There is a staleness to this game that I can't put my finger on

#28 Edited by Funk21312 (39 posts) -

Looks like garbage Reach with even more Shadowrun influence. Oh and aiming down sights now. Thank you Bungie for making me not have to purchase a PS4 or X1. I can only pray that 343 fk up even harder so I can safely forget about Halo once and for all

#29 Posted by Spitfire-Six (692 posts) -

Are you guys honestly interested In this game or are you more interested that bungee is making it? What's the appeal? Serious question

#30 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

This will be my most played game of 2014 by far.

#31 Edited by mems_1224 (48569 posts) -

A lot of what they've shown so far isn't very impressive. I really hope the game turns out awesome but Im gonna remain skeptical.

#32 Edited by Motokid6 (6296 posts) -

@spitfire-six: The only reason I'm interested is because Bungie is making it, yes.

Though Marty O'Donnel having left is a huge kick in the groin. Halo would have been nothing without his music ( Type Halo 2 ost into YouTube and be amazed at what quite possibly is the greatest video game soundtrack of all time ) And without him.. idk.. Destiny might bomb.

#33 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

only think worth seeing during sonys e3

#34 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

I'm going to skip it. I picked up Titanfall at launch and stopped playing it after a couple of weeks. Online FPS just doesn't do it for me.

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8986 posts) -

Halo Lite Ps4 version.

#36 Edited by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

Same, it just looks like an RPG version of Halo which is cool and all but I don't really want a 40 hour long Halo game with a bunch of random weapons, no pacing and most likely a naff story.

#37 Posted by lawlessx (47171 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@spitfire-six: The only reason I'm interested is because Bungie is making it, yes.

Though Marty O'Donnel having left is a huge kick in the groin. Halo would have been nothing without his music ( Type Halo 2 ost into YouTube and be amazed at what quite possibly is the greatest video game soundtrack of all time ) And without him.. idk.. Destiny might bomb.

Do we know if he finished work on the game before leaving?

#38 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19263 posts) -

hermits are like "well at least we have goat simulator!"

#39 Posted by Heil68 (47146 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

Are you guys honestly interested In this game or are you more interested that bungee is making it? What's the appeal? Serious question

Mostly a Bungie console MMO. I only hope the worlds provided have lots to do and are interesting. I dont mind repetitive missions, like go kill 10X, go collect X, ect, but I really hope the variety of enemies and weapons along with a true sense of adventure are present in the game.

#40 Edited by Effec_Tor (428 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@musicalmac said:

Same, it just looks like an RPG version of Halo which is cool and all but I don't really want a 40 hour long Halo game with a bunch of random weapons, no pacing and most likely a naff story.

Destiny is a persistent world shooter so your going to get allot more than a 40 hour long halo.

#41 Edited by NFJSupreme (5405 posts) -

Assuming good reviews this will be th e game that gets me to finally buy a ps4.

#42 Posted by hummer700 (10236 posts) -

So is this an mmo-fps or just 4 player co-op? I still have no idea.

#43 Posted by double_a73 (484 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

The weapon models remind me of Borderlands. They have this cartoonish look to them.

This entire game reminds me of Borderlands

#44 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16185 posts) -

this really seems like halo mixed with phantasy star online.

#45 Posted by AdobeArtist (23038 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Heil68 said:

I'd certainly be more willing to play it on PC.

But you have a Mac :P

Just being facetious ;)

#46 Edited by musicalmac (23633 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

But you have a Mac :P

Just being facetious ;)

Hehe. Titanfall is fun on that giant 27", 1440p display, too.

And that's for real. 8)

#47 Edited by Jankarcop (10741 posts) -

how is that re-writing fps books when this is all old stuff?

#48 Posted by Cyberdot (3918 posts) -

Two things - Not on PC and strongly multiplayer focused.

Fail.

#49 Posted by PonchoTaco (2638 posts) -

Looks like a FPS.

#50 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

Looks great. Can't wait for the definitive PS4 version.