NEW DeepDown E32014 vid surfaces INCREDIBLE 60/1080p FOOTAGE

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

I didn't even realize Deep down was shown at E3 but this new build was shown off and it looks fvcking fantastic.

The PS4 titles just keep looking better and better, Souls clone or not this is looking like another game I will have to play on the ItJustDoesn'tStopStation 4. Thank you Sony.

Let the butthurt and lem tears begin while having no games of their own to hype/talk about>

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

At least this is something you can just check out.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Looks like they took A LOT of inspiration from a certain franchise ;)

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

If only Deep Down wasn't made in Japan...even so it does have the advantage of being Free to Play.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

How do you know it's 60fps, btw? Well, not that it matter to me much, just curios.

Anyway, i'm surpsringly getting more interested in the game. From what i've read, it's a randomly generated dungeon crawler, that also has up to 4 player co-op- I saw 4 player split screen. Cool.

Not 100% about F2P, and randomly generated has yet to surprise me, but, i'm happy there's a game from the PS4 that's actually making me interested by using gameplay over gwafics. And yes, it Souls style, but i didn't feel the gameplay was that similar.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kinectthedots

@R3FURBISHED said:

If only Deep Down wasn't made in Japan...even so it does have the advantage of being Free to Play.

???

Sorry but that makes no sense. Actually, Japan devs seem to be the only one's who know how to make RPGs with decent/good gameplay so what exactly is the problem with this being made in Japan?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

???

Sorry but that makes no sense. Actually, Japan devs seem to be the only one's who know how to make RPGs with decent/good gameplay so what exactly is the problem with this being made in Japan?

I dislike Japanese games, that's it. I do not like their design decisions and how, in general, Japanese developers create video games.

On the subject RPGs -- The Witcher 3 is the RPG I'm looking forward to (Dragon Age as well, but to a lesser extent --I didn't like the first one)

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sollet  Online
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

lol wut?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:

How do you know it's 60fps, btw? Well, not that it matter to me much, just curios.

Anyway, i'm surpsringly getting more interested in the game. From what i've read, it's a randomly generated dungeon crawler, that also has up to 4 player co-op- I saw 4 player split screen. Cool.

Not 100% about F2P, and randomly generated has yet to surprise me, but, i'm happy there's a game from the PS4 that's actually making me interested by using gameplay over gwafics. And yes, it Souls style, but i didn't feel the gameplay was that similar.

No problem, the game was previously said to be 60fps. One look at the vid and it's clearly 60 frames if you played games 60fps before you should easily be able to notice the fluidity between it and something that's around 30 frames.

Yoshinori Ono Details Deep Down, Praises PS4, Talks About 60 FPS

Today Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia released an interview with legendary Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono, in which he shared quite a lot more details about the upcoming PS4 exclusive Deep Down, explained the themes of the game and the story, and praised the PS4 hardware specs, also giving some details on how the DualShock 4 and the remote play feature with the PS Vita will be used.

Below you can read a summary of Ono-san’s answers:

• The game is set in New York, year 2094. The members of a group called “Ravens” (the players) have the special ability to travel back in time by reading the memory of items and listening to the voice of the past. They can travel to the past by using the information they read from the items.
  • It’s still possible to play solo, and gamers should begin like that in order to get familiar with the game, then they should challenge the dungeons alongside other Ravens.
  • Ono-san wants to reduce the barriers between players and online gameplay, in order to reassure those that are hostile to the idea of always online games.
  • The quality showcased in the PlayStation Meeting in February was reached considerably quickly, and things like 60 frames per seconds are relatively easy to achieve.
  • The automatic generation of dungeons is achieved thanks to the power of the PS4. It’s not completely random, but automatically generated according to certain parameters. Since the PS4 has specs similar to a PC, dungeons can be generated like this thanks to its memory capacity and computing speed.
  • The representation of environments is close to photo realistic, and elements like degradation of weapon and armor will also be displayed graphically. The PS4 is able to calculate the accumulation of mold, dirt and rust on equipment and display it on the textures, giving you the sensation that those items really exist in the world.
  • The light bar on the DualShock 4 will represent the emotions of the dungeon being played. When a Raven listens to the voice of the past, it will come from the speaker on the controller, in order to increase immersion. The touchpad will also be used for tactile features.
  • Remote play with PS Vita will be fully supported in order to play the game more comfortably. The team is also thinking on how to use smartphone and tablets.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/13/yoshinori-ono-details-deep-down-praises-ps4-talks-about-60-fps-vita-remote-play-and-dualshock-4/

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

???

I lol'd ..... good joke.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@kinectthedots: I've always found thrid person action games to be harder to notice 60fps. In First person view games, yeah, mcuh easier for me. For games like this, unless the gameplay is really, really fast paced, it gets harder. But whatever. If it's 60, cool.

Also, thanks for the info on the game. Yeah, it really is like i was thinking, and good to know it has solo play. Really gettting interested in this game. Thanks TC.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kinectthedots

@MBirdy88 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

???

I lol'd ..... good joke.

So Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls games (some of the most hyped western developed RPGs) have good gameplay? lol, spare me your bigot idealism.

No objective individual would argue against my statement especially after From Software gave western developers a taste of what good gameplay is supposed look like when they developed the Souls series.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

this is a f2p game AND from capcom... I wouldn't expect much out of it if I were you to be honest. Capcom really does love them shenanigans.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

We all know where they got the "inspiration" but i am ok with that, Souls games are awesome.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

and lems has nothing to brag about lol

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I've had my eye on this for a while. I like the dynamic map verticality and I hope it isn't scripted for the most part.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Finally, a new gen of dungeon crawlers and it only get better from here!!!

These is what used to make the old FF games good, now for some contrast!!!!!

Day 1.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Has this been confirmed as releasing in N. America yet or is it still Japan only?

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Doubt it's 60fps, the other gameplay trailer has some bad framerate drops

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

How many Souls games do you guys want?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Lol at people saying JRPGs have better combat than Western ones!

On topic, looks really impressive!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@PAL360 said:

Lol at people saying JRPGs have better combat than Western ones!

On topic, looks really impressive!

Funny.... I can't name one western rpg that had good combat. Please refresh my memory.

So this got upgraded, take notes ubisoft.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

That looks fantastic, but that has got to be some of the most grating annoying voices I have ever heard in a video game.... my god... horrible.

Anyways though... I will still buy it... but damn that is bad..

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@kinectthedots said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

???

I lol'd ..... good joke.

So Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls games (some of the most hyped western developed RPGs) have good gameplay? lol, spare me your bigot idealism.

No objective individual would argue against my statement especially after From Software gave western developers a taste of what good gameplay is supposed look like when they developed the Souls series.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but with the exception of Skyrim... Most certainly, Yes. Mass Effect games were good albeit not really my thing, and Morrowind and Oblivion were fantastic.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Sollet said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

lol wut?

lmao.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PAL360

@ladyblue:

The Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Diablo 3, Fallout 3, New Vegas...even Elder Scrolls plays better every new game (Morrowind < Oblivion < Skyrim). Most JRPGs, on the other hand, still have the same gameplay mechanics they used to in 8bit gen.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

???

I lol'd ..... good joke.

Actually they do. And they have some actual roleplaying in them (OK maybe not so much in ES anymore :P ). But maybe check out the Witcher series, Wasteland 2 or Divinity OS for actual RPG's.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

"OMG..NO.. it's Deep Down.. Someone save us.."

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

The Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Diablo 3, Fallout 3, New Vegas...even Elder Scrolls plays better every new game (Morrowind < Oblivion < Skyrim). Most JRPGs, on the other hand, still have the same gameplay mechanics they used to in 8bit gen.

Dear god no Morrowind>>>>>>>>Skyrim>Oblivion

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The voice acting was horrible.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50542 Posts

Graphics are def there. Just hope gameplay follows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Telekill said:

Has this been confirmed as releasing in N. America yet or is it still Japan only?

Japan only for now I think

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

Upgrade CONFIRMED. Day 1 reiterated and stamp pf approval.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

Read this wrong... no.. just no.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PAL360

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

I meant in gameplay and combat. No, at least not anymore.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kinectthedots

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Telekill said:

Japan only for now I think

You watched the trailer too right? Everything here was already in English and ready for western audiences just like Demon's Souls was.

Hell anyone could just DL the Japanese version and play it just fine even if it wasn't a western release just like people did with Demon's Souls though because of that fact I am pretty sure it will be releasing in N. America.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LadyBlue

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

Almost puked when I read that list. The likes of ME, witcher , diablo, Fallout, ES having great combat is just too much.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm almost thinking now that it's a real shame Dark Souls ever became popular... now the market is just going to overrun with clone games looking to suckle at the teat of it's success.

The graphics are great, but the combat looks really janky.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

When are you guys gonna stop believing in Capcom? They seem incapable of making decent games anymore.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

It doesn't really look good at all and it has massive framerate drops from what I've seen. On top of that, the voice acting seems horrid.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

Almost puked when I read that list. The likes of ME, witcher , diablo, Fallout, ES having great combat is just too much.

Yeah, too much truth.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It doesn't really look good at all and it has massive framerate drops from what I've seen. On top of that, the voice acting seems horrid.

Lol, butthurt lemming is butthurt.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The more they copy the souls series or dragon's dogma the better the game gonna be. This looked good.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Looking really neat. Graphics look nice as well.

@heretrix said:

When are you guys gonna stop believing in Capcom? They seem incapable of making decent games anymore.

Dragons Dogma was pretty good

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LadyBlue

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@PAL360 said:

@ladyblue:

Yeah, too much truth.

Truth?

Not sure you know what you're talking about. Perhaps a bit off your element?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@silversix_ said:

The more they copy the souls series or dragon's dogma the better the game gonna be. This looked good.

People have to remember it's a F2P, internet only, randomly generated Capcom game..... that's a recipe for mediocrity