New Deep Down gameplay

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/15/ps4-exclusive-deep-downs-new-gameplay-videos-and-screenshots-show-amazing-action-combat-and-more/

Graphics look really great, its nice seeing something other than spear gameplay.

Its f2p so my expectations arent that high, but there's nothing to lose I guess.

#2 Edited by Couth_ (10006 posts) -

get hype

#3 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38212 posts) -

Visually it looks ncie but everything else left a lot to be desired. I've never been a fan of randomly generated games either

#4 Posted by clyde46 (44785 posts) -

Graphics are all it has going for it.

#5 Posted by Alcapello (763 posts) -

The game looks f'in sweet. No doubt this is what Ryse should have been.

Day 1 for sure.

#6 Edited by jake44 (1960 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

#7 Edited by PAL360 (26697 posts) -

Looks very impressive!

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10304 posts) -

Technically, its pretty damn stupendous...but that wasn't a very good video to show off the game for anything other than its technical prowess.

#9 Edited by Couth_ (10006 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Technically, its pretty damn stupendous...but that wasn't a very good video to show off the game for anything other than its technical prowess.

Most of the walk throughs so far are just meant to show off the game mechanics. It's essentially Dark Souls combat with more emphasis on precision - where you hit your target matters. They may have weak spots or, if they are wielding a weapon in their right arm, hitting them in that arm may cause them to drop it. Hitting their legs may cause them to stumble etc. I think it can be awesome.

The only real question mark is the F2P system it's going to use- How much will we have to pay for what? At least we can all try it for free

#10 Edited by lamprey263 (23088 posts) -

What's the deal? Does F2P mean you gotta ante up for audio?

#11 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13365 posts) -

That looks alot better than what we were lead to believe.

I still fully believe the games going to lack in the gameplay department because this is Neo capscum after all.

If this turns out to be a proper dungeon crawler, I'll happily eat my words however.

#12 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

TBlackaceHBO!

#13 Posted by Chutebox (36563 posts) -

How I wish this wasn't ftp

#14 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10304 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Most of the walk throughs so far are just meant to show off the game mechanics. It's essentially Dark Souls combat with more emphasis on precision - where you hit your target matters. They may have weak spots or, if they are wielding a weapon in their right arm, hitting them in that arm may cause them to drop it. Hitting their legs may cause them to stumble etc. I think it can be awesome.

The only real question mark is the F2P system it's going to use- How much will we have to pay for what? At least we can all try it for free

As long as its not Pay To Win I don't care. Free To Play is good, Pay To Win is very, very bad.

#15 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Tiny corridors so that it can look good on crappy hardware.

anyways, gonna flop, i guess a 7.0

also lol f2p on consoles

#16 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

F2P - Wallet draining game

pass

#17 Posted by Alcapello (763 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

How I wish this wasn't ftp

Start a petition, make your voice heard!

#18 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13365 posts) -

Also for some reason those monsters near the end of the video with the split down the middle really creep me out with their movements, so that's a positive.

#19 Edited by KBFloYd (13121 posts) -

looks like the ps4 version of ryse...

graphics only...

#20 Posted by Snugenz (11812 posts) -

The framerate looked terrible, but the graphics are quite nice. Is there any word on whether it'll even get a western release yet?.

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38212 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

The framerate looked terrible, but the graphics are quite nice. Is there any word on whether it'll even get a western release yet?.

Framerate is the video source, not the game. The game runs at 60fps apparently

#22 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13365 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Supposedly it's running at 60, that vid is just shit however.

What will make or break this game for me is how they handle the loot system. It needs to be varied and interesting if they want people to play this for a prolonged period of time. That addictive gambling aspect has to be there.

#23 Posted by NobleCow (40 posts) -

Amazing. Simply stunning. No way can top-end PCs compete with the power and efficiency of the PS4.

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6883 posts) -

@k--m--k said:

F2P - Wallet draining game

pass

#25 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Looks amazing.

#26 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You've played it to know this? Game is probably another 6 months from release.

Also so much much for the "Deep Downgrade" that lemmings tried to spin. If you want the best variety of experiences possible on console PS4 is the only choice. I think it will PS4/PC/Vita for me.

#27 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

also lol f2p on consoles

You are just butthurt that PS4 is making concerted effort to market a genre that had been limited to PC. Who know 5 years from F2P may have dumped PC for console just like FPS migrated. Also the most popular F2P PC games (LOL etc) look like doghshit.

#28 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

You are just butthurt that PS4 is making concerted effort to market a genre that had been limited to PC. Who know 5 years from F2P may have dumped PC for console just like FPS migrated. Also the most popular F2P PC games (LOL etc) look like doghshit.

1. LoL = AAAE, higher competitive level than all console games combined, and more players than all of PSN lmao.

2. Keep begging for our genres. HAHA.

3. LMAO FPS on consoles. Dat 7.5 Killzone. Titanfall best on PC. Rofl Thumbsticks, no competitive level fps.

#29 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

I'll most likely play this. Don't expect much from it though.

#30 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

1. LoL = AAAE and more players than all of PSN lmao.

2. Keep begging for our genres.

3. LMAO FPS on consoles. Dat 7.5 Killzone. Titanfall best on PC. Rofl Thumbsticks, no competitive level fps.

1.Doesn't change fact that those same F2P can put on PS4 and be very successful.

2. Diablo III best on console especially once PS4 version drop.

3. Killzone SF doesn't change the fact that console FPS are killing the versions on PC in sales. Why do you think Activision/Bungie were perfectly fine ignoring the PC for Destiny?

PS4 is going to get tons of games that were traditionally on PC. I see this as good thing, but apparently you are butthurt about it while also probably being one the same people that want MG Rising, Grand Theft Auto and tons of other console first game games on PC. Honestly most of the popular AAA games would not even be made if consoles didn't exist so you should happy because otherwise you would only be playing Doom, Quake, and a bunch boring strategy and RTS games. That being said I don't hate PC gaming.

#31 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

1. LoL = AAAE and more players than all of PSN lmao.

2. Keep begging for our genres.

1.Doesn't change fact that those same F2P can put on PS4 and be very successful.

2. Diablo III best on console especially once PS4 version drop.

3. Killzone SF doesn't change the fact that console FPS are killing the versions on PC in sales. Why do you think Activision/Bungie were perfectly fine ignoring the PC for Destiny?

PS4 is going to get tons of games that were traditionally on PC. I see this as good thing, but apparently you are butthurt about it while also probably being one the same people that want MG Rising, Grand Theft Auto and tons of other console first game games on PC. Honestly most of the popular AAA games would not even be made if consoles didn't exist so you should happy because otherwise you would only be playing Doom, Quake, and a bunch boring strategy and RTS games. That being said I don't hate PC gaming.

1. Moba can't and won't be put on PS4 due to controller issues. lol thumbstick w/ competative games.

2. Diablo3 scored higher on PC and is better on PC , especially after patch 2.0

3. LOL SALES. Give me the best version of fps and actual competative fps over "how much moneyz is M$ and Phoney making guyz"

Stick w/ movie games and terrible f2p dark souls clones.

#32 Posted by cooolio (449 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

I am glad that I am not the only one noticing this. I cannot say I agree with weapons may handle, but the focus on precision adds a lot more depth than most games.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14038 posts) -

So Deep Downgrade isn't downgraded? Okay well visuals look good but everything else looks wtf? All i see is mediocre combat system, same looking enemies that do the same animation at the same time (a la dynasty warrior), small corridors that look exactly the same from one to another and maaaaan is this combat shitty or what? The combat system looks like something you'd see on a Kinect game. looks like a 5/10 title.

#34 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

This game looks so dull. If the environments are dull, why care if they look nice?

also lol f2p on consoles

Your insecurity grows more and more everyday. IDK what you are so insecure about, but it shows.

#35 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

This game looks so dull. If the environments are dull, why care if they look nice?

@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

Your insecurity grows more and more everyday. IDK what you are so insecure about, but it shows.

I call it how I see it, the butthurt flows through you.

#36 Posted by Zethrickk382 (134 posts) -

@Chutebox: F2p Is a huge let down. Can't stand the F2p model...

#37 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

I call it how I see it, the butthurt flows through you.

Yes, because I have absolutely nothing to be butthurt over.

#38 Edited by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

Those sexy particles are definitely not possible on Xbox one at 1080p 60fps

#39 Posted by cooolio (449 posts) -

So Deep Downgrade isn't downgraded? Okay well visuals look good but everything else looks wtf? All i see is mediocre combat system, same looking enemies that do the same animation at the same time (a la dynasty warrior), small corridors that look exactly the same from one to another and maaaaan is this combat shitty or what? The combat system looks like something you'd see on a Kinect game. looks like a 5/10 title.

Have we really seen enough enemies to really bash their designs? The only new enemies I noticed in the gameplay were some creepy creatures with splits down the middle and an enemy that could turn invisible. There is also a bunch of other gameplay videos that show enemies doing different animations and attacking together. Honestly, I feel like I could criticize dark souls for a few things when discussing enemies and attack animations, but I do understand that Deep Down has higher expectations being a next gen game. But I still feel like that was nitpicking

Now when it comes to combat I would not call it mediocre. I would have to really play to see if it is executed well, but the whole focus on targeting weak spots is something that I appreciate. You can tell there was some Souls inspiration, which his another reason why I feel like the combat is not deserving of all the bashing and criticisms. I really just seems like it has the slow pace of a souls game, but with more focus on tactics.

#40 Posted by edwardecl (2097 posts) -

Looks good to me, and randomly generated is a bonus it means it's a game that does not get boring and predictable over time.

Obviously it is very corridor based, which I hope they fix. I can imagine the game being a pain in the arse to optimise if the levels are random getting an inconsistent frame rate would be a bad thing but so are corridors only. Maybe they should do open areas as well, does not have to be random in those areas.

This is still in development, and probably will still be after the game gets released so will reserve judgement till then.

#41 Posted by blamix99 (1668 posts) -

day 1 of course if it's free :)

#42 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Game is quite a ways from release. Pretty sure Capcom would not have push it back it indefinitely if they were content have it be crap.

#43 Posted by clyde46 (44785 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

Consoles are never going to get the F2P market I believe. They just don't have the market for them. Most console gamers tend to by younger and by being younger they have access to less money. If you look at a lot of console gamers, you will find they may only buy 5-8 games a year. F2P games require an average contribution that normally exceeds the average price of a console game if you want to have access to all the toys so to speak.

#44 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

Consoles are never going to get the F2P market I believe. They just don't have the market for them. Most console gamers tend to by younger and by being younger they have access to less money. If you look at a lot of console gamers, you will find they may only buy 5-8 games a year. F2P games require an average contribution that normally exceeds the average price of a console game if you want to have access to all the toys so to speak.

So you have be a sucker with lots expendable income to enjoy F2P? Oh well I will get what I can out of Deep Down. I don't mind paying(I've done it on iOS games for worse), but we'll see what kind of response it gets.

#45 Posted by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

Fvcking fantastic, this game shits on everything shown so far. Not only are the graphics superb but the animations are the best I have ever seen in a video game. I know I was right to be hyped for it. My most anticipated PS4 game.

LOL at lems and seanmcloughlin who created the thread before saying "deep downgrade" those idiots have been owned. This PS exclusive will cause some ture butthurt to fanboys who are die hard fanboys against the playstation brand.

Hyped.

#46 Posted by clyde46 (44785 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@Jankarcop said:

also lol f2p on consoles

So you have be a sucker with lots expendable income to enjoy F2P? Oh well I will get what I can out of Deep Down. I don't mind paying(I've done it on iOS games for worse), but we'll see what kind of response it gets.

Since when did I say you had to be a sucker to play F2P games.....

#47 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13975 posts) -

Graphics and lots of microtransactions.

#48 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9486 posts) -

I see this being popular in Japan, but not in the west.

#49 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Day 1.

SDC!

#50 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

Looks pretty damn good. If it ever comes to US (which it better be Sony...,) then I'll be really tempted to pick up a PS4.