New Co-op Sonic Game Announced for Wii U (Sonic Boom)

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -
#52 Edited by Desmonic (12651 posts) -
#53 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16947 posts) -

@Crossel777:

The existing character models, the artstyle, the music, the storyline, and the gameplay focus. A lot of the rumors surrounding Sonic Boom was that it was going to wipe out everything from the past 20 years, and that it was going to take the franchise in a completely new direction. The gameplay looks like a terrible ratchet and clank game to me, so if that's where the series was going from now on, I wouldn't want any part of it. Thankfully, that it isn't the case, and it's just its own thing. The real next Sonic game will be coming out in 2015.

As a tv show it's fine, but I wouldn't want AoSTH or SatAM taking over the franchise's direction either.

#54 Edited by Desmonic (12651 posts) -

@Crossel777:

The existing character models, the artstyle, the music, the storyline, and the gameplay focus. A lot of the rumors surrounding Sonic Boom was that it was going to wipe out everything from the past 20 years, and that it was going to take the franchise in a completely new direction. The gameplay looks like a terrible ratchet and clank game to me, so if that's where the series was going from now on, I wouldn't want any part of it. Thankfully, that it isn't the case, and it's just its own thing. The real next Sonic game will be coming out in 2015.

As a tv show its fine, but I wouldn't want AoSTH or SatAM taking over the franchise's direction either.

I can't wait to see what they'll push on the PS4/X1/PC with the Hedgehog engine. We could already see a bit of what it can do with Generations and it's many PC mods, the game looked gorgeous there! Now that the consoles have more power they can actually push it much more!

Should be some cool stuff! Just hope that if they do follow the Lost World gameplay model, they improve it. A lot.

#55 Posted by Renegade_Fury (16947 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

@Crossel777:

As a tv show its fine, but I wouldn't want AoSTH or SatAM taking over the franchise's direction either.

I can't wait to see what they'll push on the PS4/X1/PC with the Hedgehog engine. We could already see a bit of what it can do with Generations and it's many PC mods, the game looked gorgeous there! Now that the consoles have more power they can actually push it much more!

Should be some cool stuff! Just hope that if they do follow the Lost World gameplay model, they improve it. A lot.

Yeah, I'll definitely be excited for that one if it looks and runs as fast as Generations does on the PC. If they're going to continue with the Lost World style of gameplay, hopefully they put a lot more polish in this time. I'd rather just see a Generations type of game again, but with the parkour added in though.

#56 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23069 posts) -
#57 Posted by jg4xchamp (46607 posts) -

It's sonic. He sucks. Universally.

#58 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6689 posts) -

What the hell has Knuckles been on?

#59 Posted by Desmonic (12651 posts) -
#60 Edited by Shielder7 (4628 posts) -

And the trend of bad sonic games continues.

#61 Edited by KBFloYd (12727 posts) -

looking forward to this game...

looks like a starfox adventures zelda type game.

#62 Posted by darkspineslayer (19349 posts) -

Knuckles has clearly taken up lifting.

Nope, not touching this with a ten foot pole.

#63 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11374 posts) -

This better be the theme

#64 Posted by Desmonic (12651 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: Pretty sure it's gonna be some Skrillex style mix given the trailer...

#65 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (3988 posts) -

I'm sure if it was on PS4 and Xbox One everyone would love it....

#66 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11374 posts) -

@Desmonic: Maybe they'll just get Skrillex to do the soundtrack. With dubstep remixes of old Sonic songs.

#67 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24218 posts) -

Sonic and Knuckles look crappy.

Tails and Amy look decent.

The over all game looks like it's going to be another Sonic Heroes.

#68 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25804 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Which shouldn't be THAT bad. Last I recall, Heroes was the last decently reviewed Sonic game (well, on GameCube and XBOX; you cannot say the same about the PS2 version) before the much better reviewed Colors and Generations came around (and putting aside the GBA/DS games by DBZ: Budokai developers, Dimps).

*Made a very late edit before things get worse than they already are.

#69 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24218 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Which shouldn't be THAT bad. Last I recall, Heroes was the last decently reviewed Sonic game (well, on GameCube and XBOX; you cannot say the same about the PS2 version)

well I liked Sonic Heroes.

#70 Posted by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

How can we make sonic cool to the new hip hop youngsters? make him wear a scarf... and put some bandages on his legs.... the kids love bandages....

teh hell.

The Japanese get weirder by the year.

#71 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25804 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Which shouldn't be THAT bad. Last I recall, Heroes was the last decently reviewed Sonic game (well, on GameCube and XBOX; you cannot say the same about the PS2 version)

well I liked Sonic Heroes.

As did I.

#72 Posted by Desmonic (12651 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Did Colours or Generations not exist? :P Those were the last 2 decently reviewed Sonic games (both of which are pretty good, shame Sega decided to turn their back on them).

Also, Heroes did not age well. I played it on the PS2 soon after finishing Generations and man....it's like everything is covered in butter on something, they just slip like crazy lol

#73 Edited by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

Sega has no idea what to do with Sonic. Giving him spider legs probably won't help.

#74 Posted by charizard1605 (54353 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Uh, hello? Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations?

#75 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Why, why can't I just have a new Sonic game as awesome as Colors and Generations? Why?

Why do you think this is going to be bad before the game comes out? I will admit i was going the Crash of the Titans route until i realized who was making the game (Ex-Sanzu/Crashbandicoot/Uncharted/Rayman etc. devs) and the fact it would be a different game from whatever Sonic Team is making.

#76 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

oh god that trailer music is horrible.... x_x but it looks interesting. Something to eventually get when the Wii U drops low enough for me to buy.

#77 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26157 posts) -

the tv at least doesint look bad.The game welllll idk.

#78 Edited by m_machine024 (14842 posts) -

TV show looks really nice tho! Awesome animations! And visuals.

My problem is mostly Sonic and Knuckles design really.

#79 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26157 posts) -

Being a fan of Knuckles I didint like it at first though seeing it in motion its not that bad.

#80 Edited by m_machine024 (14842 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:

Being a fan of Knuckles I didint like it at first though seeing it in motion its not that bad.

Hmm ya it will probably grow on me after a while but still... could be better. -__-

#81 Edited by charizard1605 (54353 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Why, why can't I just have a new Sonic game as awesome as Colors and Generations? Why?

Why do you think this is going to be bad before the game comes out? I will admit i was going the Crash of the Titans route until i realized who was making the game (Ex-Sanzu/Crashbandicoot/Uncharted/Rayman etc. devs) and the fact it would be a different game from whatever Sonic Team is making.

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, of course, but from initial impressions, this looks horrid.

#82 Edited by Glitter (343 posts) -

I guess it is time for me to move on, looks like I will never have another Sonic the Hedgehog video game to look forward to, other than what Sumo Digital makes.

#83 Posted by sailor232 (4259 posts) -

I think those graphics are pretty awesome. Now how will it play haha.

#84 Edited by edwardecl (1768 posts) -

Will it have Guile from Street Fighter in it?

#85 Edited by Speak_Low (734 posts) -

Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom is Nintendo's attempt to wed casual and hardcore into one laughable monstrosity (even Sheep look at Sonic Boom like "WTF is this?").

Nintendo is behind in sales and failing to capture both markets, so they are taking shortcuts in hopes of grabbing some success.

Both will flop and Nintendo and Sheep will wonder, "What happened?"

There will be a small group who do think Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom look great. These people probably went and saw 'I, Frankenstein' and thought it was great too. We try to ignore these people. It is best to avoid eye contact.

#86 Posted by beerm_basic (2481 posts) -

Shame loved the sonic games on the mega drive (presides spinball) and the dreamcast.

But now i find hard to get hyped for a sonic game in 3d as they been average/terrible since. (Only alright one being sonic generations)

Why dont they just stick to 2d as sonic 4 ep1 and ep2 were good

#87 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25804 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Did Colours or Generations not exist? :P Those were the last 2 decently reviewed Sonic games (both of which are pretty good, shame Sega decided to turn their back on them).

Also, Heroes did not age well. I played it on the PS2 soon after finishing Generations and man....it's like everything is covered in butter on something, they just slip like crazy lol

@charizard1605 said:

Uh, hello? Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations?

Last I recall, those games had more than decent reviews. ;)

In all seriousness, somehow, someway, I forgot to mention them (don't ask how that happened). Regardless, Heroes was before everything went down with the likes of Shadow, 06, and Unleashed.

As for you, Des. You're playing a version of Heroes that actually sucked back then, while the other console versions were received better.

#88 Edited by locopatho (20041 posts) -

Man it's like seeing a battered housewife crawl back to her drunken husband for the 50th time. "He can change! This time is different!"

Sonic sucks for like 20 years now, Colours was good and Generations better I grant you, but then he went right back to form with Lost World... I don't get why people still hope.

#89 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25804 posts) -

Man it's like seeing a battered housewife crawl back to her drunken husband for the 50th time. "He can change! This time is different!"

Sonic sucks for like 20 years now, Colours was good and Generations better I grant you, but then he went right back to form with Lost World... I don't get why people still hope.

Because Sonic proves he can still pull it off? Granted, I'm being extra cautious after Lost World, but still. Sonic, even after 06, still fights on after he gets battered to hell, something even Nintendo seems to avoid (Star Fox/F-Zero/Metroid, although the critical reception of those games are better, sales and in some cases, fan reception says otherwise, especially if it's after... THAT game for the latter franchise).

#90 Posted by freedomfreak (38150 posts) -

Reggie wasn't kidding when he said WiiU was not gonna get any droughts in 2014.

#91 Edited by Desmonic (12651 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Last I recall, those games had more than decent reviews. ;)

In all seriousness, somehow, someway, I forgot to mention them (don't ask how that happened). Regardless, Heroes was before everything went down with the likes of Shadow, 06, and Unleashed.

As for you, Des. You're playing a version of Heroes that actually sucked back then, while the other console versions were received better.

Oh, I know :P But since I only had a PS2, it was the only platform I could play the game. Though I don't recall the controls being so unstable back then. Maybe I was just spoiled by the better controls in later games lol

But yeah, it was the last good game before the infamous Shadow + 06 duo.

#92 Posted by locopatho (20041 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Because Sonic proves he can still pull it off? Granted, I'm being extra cautious after Lost World, but still. Sonic, even after 06, still fights on after he gets battered to hell, something even Nintendo seems to avoid (Star Fox/F-Zero/Metroid, although the critical reception of those games are better, sales and in some cases, fan reception says otherwise, especially if it's after... THAT game for the latter franchise).

He proves it in like 1 out of every 20 games he releases... Just seems more sensible to expect the worst. I was laughing at Sonic Lost World hype, laughed when it flopped in scores, and laughed when I played the crappy demo. Sonic fans be TOO loyal!

#93 Posted by Desmonic (12651 posts) -

He proves it in like 1 out of every 20 games he releases... Just seems more sensible to expect the worst. I was laughing at Sonic Lost World hype, laughed when it flopped in scores, and laughed when I played the crappy demo. Sonic fans be TOO loyal!

Lost World had hype? :P All I remember is people having the same reaction I did:

".....wait.....why did they change the gameplay again? Wasn't Generations praised?....Wut?"

:P

#94 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24218 posts) -

As did I.

Well regardless, this game isn't going to see favors from me. I'll wait for reviews.

#95 Posted by locopatho (20041 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@locopatho said:

Lost World had hype? :P All I remember is people having the same reaction I did:

".....wait.....why did they change the gameplay again? Wasn't Generations praised?....Wut?"

:P

"hype" is a bit strong :P

It did pop up in "list wars" though.

#96 Posted by MonsieurX (28649 posts) -

Found out some gameplay

#97 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

Apart from the character models and the 'trying to talk like the kids' voice acting, I think the gameplay could have potential.

#98 Edited by super600 (29947 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom is Nintendo's attempt to wed casual and hardcore into one laughable monstrosity (even Sheep look at Sonic Boom like "WTF is this?").

Nintendo is behind in sales and failing to capture both markets, so they are taking shortcuts in hopes of grabbing some success.

Both will flop and Nintendo and Sheep will wonder, "What happened?"

There will be a small group who do think Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom look great. These people probably went and saw 'I, Frankenstein' and thought it was great too. We try to ignore these people. It is best to avoid eye contact.

Nintendo has nothing to do with the development of this game.They are probable paying for this game. Sega is trying to appeal more to kids in the west with this game and the show. Almost all the sonic games that released on nintendo consoles and handhelds on the past have sold well besides lost world, black kinght, zero gravity and I think 1 or two other games.

#99 Edited by AznbkdX (3113 posts) -

I actually don't mind the character looks, aside from Knuckles. The guy missed his leg days and his body is too massive for his head. He was way better looking as a Jamaican me crazy echidna. Tails is the best, and arguable better than the old designs imo.

The game play I can't really comment on, but at least it looks fun. It's not the Sonic everyone was looking for, but it could be a good spin off.

#100 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

The character designs for Sonic and Knuckles are creepy and the gameplay must explain why it's on the Wii U.