New Call of Duty Announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_ghosts/news/activision_confirms_new_call_of_duty_and_skylanders_for_2014.html

Activision has confirmed that new Call of Duty and Skylanders titles will release in 2014.

CEO Bobby Kotick announced the unnamed titles during the publisher's Q3 2013 earnings call last night, stating: "Despite short-term uncertainties, as we look forward to 2014, we have a very strong product pipeline. We expect multiple new releases across our major franchises, including the first Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, along with the PS4 version of Diablo III and significant and exciting new content for World of Warcraft.

"We also expect to launch new Call of Duty and Skylanders titles and a major new potential franchise with Bungie's Destiny."

While it's still unknown what next year's Call of Duty title could be, Sledgehammer is rumoured to be working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

Call of Duty: Ghosts launched this Tuesday following the launch of the Skylanders: Swap Force last month. Both titles are also due to release on next-gen consoles

#2 Posted by kipsta77 (943 posts) -

Lord have mercy....

Can't it just die already.

#3 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

What a shock.

#4 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26274 posts) -

Oh, how shocking...

#5 Edited by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

Hmm, hopefully next Call of Duty will be Treyarch.

#6 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Looking forward to Destiny.

#7 Posted by Netret0120 (2033 posts) -

How shocking. COD comes out every year. It's basically a sports game at this point.

I would love to be working at Infinity Ward though. Recycling old videos, change a few textures here and there. Slap on a new theme. $60 please, 20mill + sold

I bet the dev costs of Ghosts is minimal, maybe 10-20mill and they make billions within days. What a profit

#8 Posted by Netret0120 (2033 posts) -

How shocking. COD comes out every year. It's basically a sports game at this point.

I would love to be working at Infinity Ward though. Recycling old videos, change a few textures here and there. Slap on a new theme. $60 please, 20mill + sold

I bet the dev costs of Ghosts is minimal, maybe 10-20mill and they make billions within days. What a profit

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (39185 posts) -

Day 1.

#10 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

Didn't expect that. I mean the last one barely made 1 billion in a day. Why do they bother?

#11 Edited by Negro-y-Azul (79 posts) -

Such arrogance. COD is fantastic, for what it is. Please note every series which tried to ape COD and FAILED. Infinity Ward are excellent devs.

#12 Edited by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

When will they realise that the series are stagnated? A game needs, at least. two years of dev time to guarantee innovation, quality and level of polish enough. That's why Ghosts looks exactly the same as any CoD after Modern Warfare, even on next gen platforms! Damn, they even copied and pasted an entire sequence from MW2. Ridiculous lol

#13 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

Oh Activision, you're so good to us.

#14 Posted by FinalFighters (1392 posts) -

Oh'well.. it is what it is.

#15 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

When will they realise that the series are stagnated?

What makes you think they don't?

#16 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2428 posts) -

CoD budget is easily in the $80-100 million range. Don't know where do they spend it though.

#17 Edited by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

Ofc...

#18 Posted by Nanomage (2410 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

When will they realise that the series are stagnated? A game needs, at least. two years of dev time to guarantee innovation, quality and level of polish enough. That's why Ghosts looks exactly the same as any CoD after Modern Warfare, even on next gen platforms! Damn, they even copied and pasted an entire sequence from MW2. Ridiculous lol

Oh,I´m sure they realise how stale the series has become for years,but it works great for activision,they don´t even make a big effort to develop those games anymore,spend a lot more in advertising than development because they know there´s millions of simpleminded imbeciles that will buy it every year.

#19 Edited by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

The biggest news ever! Who would've thought??!

#20 Posted by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@PAL360 said:

Oh,I´m sure they realise how stale the series has become for years,but it works great for activision,they don´t even make a big effort to develop those games anymore,spend a lot more in advertising than development because they know there´s millions of simpleminded imbeciles that will buy it every year.

Well, that's sad.

#21 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

New COD? really???

I am SHOCKED!!

#22 Posted by Motokid6 (5257 posts) -

Kill it with fire.

#23 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

Pretty sure the games do have two years of dev time first off... Second pretty sure their method works right now as it made a billion in one day.

#24 Edited by uninspiredcup (7851 posts) -

Hopefully the dog is the lead character this time.

#25 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

I'm so excited for Modern Warfare 4, 5, and 6. Can never have enough CoD.

#26 Edited by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

@fueled-system said:

@PAL360 said:

Pretty sure the games do have two years of dev time first off... Second pretty sure their method works right now as it made a billion in one day.

Then it's obvious that two years are not enough for them.

#27 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Lemmings will be pleased as its the only game they play.

#28 Edited by nethernova (4080 posts) -

About time.