New Bloodborne Scans and Info (Spoilers) Updated

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Scans are from Famitsu. Some of the info has been translated. There's an area in the game where the dungeons change shape every time a person sees them. So it looks like we're getting randomly generated dungeons in some areas. Also, a new area will be shown (and playable?) at Playstation Experience, an underground city.

Is that a gatling gun in one of the scans? Yeah... this game is getting a 10.

Update:New Info from the Playstation Blog

Spoiler Warning! Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

Hello, PlayStation fans. I am excited to be able to share some brand new details for Bloodborne, our PS4-exclusive collaboration between Sony Japan Studio and FromSoftware. We’ll have much more to share in a few weeks at PlayStation Experience, but in the meantime here’s a sneak peek at some of the beautiful and nightmarish stages, enemies, and weapons you’ll get to see in the game this March, straight from the dark and twisted imagination of the masterful team at From Software.

Now I would like to introduce Gyula, an old veteran hunter who is said to possess amazing skill. No one has seen him in many years, since he ventured into the old part of Yharnam, deserted and burned to the ground after the plague of the beast took its toll there long ago. You just may run into Gyula when you venture into the old part of the city.

Another place you’ll travel to in your quest to find the truth in Bloodborne is the Cainhurst castle. Seemingly abandoned and frozen over, the noble family that once lived there disappeared without a trace. Its grand stature is visible from afar even through the thick fog of the lake, but getting there won’t be easy. What happened to the family that ruled this castle for many generations? What secrets, and what dangers, await you there?

Last but not least, I have one more exclusive screenshot to share that’s a teaser for things to come. Deep under the city of Yharnam lies an expansive network of multi-leveled ruins, seemingly much older than Yharnam itself and crafted by something other than human hands.

What’s more, these ruins appear differently to each hunter brave enough to enter. We’re all very excited to talk more what that means at PlayStation Experience on December 6th and 7th. We hope you can join us for a live presentation at the keynote as well as our in-depth panel presentation at the show in just a few weeks.

I quoted the parts I found the most interesting. The rest is at the link I posted.

I have a feeling we'll find Gyula, but he won't be very nice to us. The frozen castle seems to have a mystery in it that we'll have to uncover. The underground tunnels that appear differently to each hunter, wow. Hype!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Not really liking the look of the protagonist's. I like the creatures and atmosphere but the playable characters look meh.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Looks amazing

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Don't see anything of interest

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Not really liking the look of the protagonist's. I like the creatures and atmosphere but the playable characters look meh.

I'm pretty sure you're able to make your own character, unless they really made a protagonist for this game.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Swag

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Awesome, some of the mosterdesigns are pretty damn spoky.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag

@freedomfreak said:
@cainetao11 said:

I'm pretty sure you're able to make your own character, unless they really made a protagonist for this game.

Yes, you can make your own.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

I don't even understand what I don't understand.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Yay?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

What is "Bloodborne topic"?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

My most anticipated game at the moment. Here's to hoping it lives up to the insane amount of hype it's getting. I see myself revisiting Demon's Soul then Dark Souls here in the next few weeks to get ready for this one.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KratosYOLOSwag

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Don't know. Why are you interested in it? We should be getting a full translation soon, I think only the most interesting parts were translated, with the underground city and randomly generated dungeons.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Okay. There's no way I can't buy this now. That bitchin' chain whip says I have no choice.

EDIT: Correction - a pimp cane that turns into a chain whip! F-ing.....Glorious.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KratosYOLOSwag

Updated with new info. Damn, this sounds amazing.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Looks awesome to me. Come on overpriced CE!

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

My #1 most anticipated game by far. Sorry that lens have to miss this masterpiece

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Now that's going back to Souls roots. Mindf*ck creatures and max amount of violence is what i want to see in these. #1 most anticipated title, nothing comes close "cough" unless Fallout 4 is announced "cough"

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

looks amaze

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Looking good. Let's hope they can get it running at a respectable frame rate though, From isn't exactly known for their technical prowess.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Saw these already but I just had to comment. Dat eyeball dress, wtf kind of nightmare fuel is this game going to contain.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KratosYOLOSwag

@mikhail said:

Looking good. Let's hope they can get it running at a respectable frame rate though, From isn't exactly known for their technical prowess.

Yeah they need to get the framerate right this time. Hopefully more beta testing is on the way, don't want another Blighttown. Since Japan Studio is helping From, it should be better this time.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@Boddicker said:

I am unbelievably hyped for this game. I just hope From hasn't killed off Fashion Souls. Choosing armor was like half the fun for me.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

LMAO at the insane amounts of butthurt shown by the same lems and sony haters who always seem to run into EVERY Bloodborne thread to say, "meh, I don't care" for the 1000th time before the majority of sony fans can even post.

Haters may your tears stay salty and your hyped games as 2nd rate in comparison as they've always been.

Yes, yesss! Let the butthurt flow through you...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

LMAO at the insane amounts of butthurt shown by the same lems and sony haters who run into EVERY Bloodborne thread to say, "meh, I don't care" for the 1000th time before the majority of sony fans can even post. Haters may your tears stay salty and your hyped games as 2nd rate in comparison as they've always been.

Pretty sure most of the comments in here are positive about the game.

So i'm not sure what you count as an "insane amount"

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

LMAO at the insane amounts of butthurt shown by the same lems and sony haters who run into EVERY Bloodborne thread to say, "meh, I don't care" for the 1000th time before the majority of sony fans can even post. Haters may your tears stay salty and your hyped games as 2nd rate in comparison as they've always been.

You don't own a PS4 and you believe PC is the best, you are also someone who hyped Halo MCC AAA (luz) I don't think anyone cares to hear your opinion about anything related to Bloodborne especially that you aren't interested in Bloodborne for the millionth time.

It's not like we haven't heard you say the same thing 10,000 times before in EVERY single other Bloodborne thread that was ever created.

I don't know anyone else who obsessively posts "I see nothing of interest/not interested" as you have dedicated your self to do for Bloodborne. Are you trying to convince other people to have no interest in this game or yourself?

No one cares if a console hating non-PS4 owning clown says he's not interested in Bloodborne. Da ****, title says BLOODBORNE if you are not interested why do you come into EVERY Bloodborne related topic to repeat that same line? Are you upset the Bloodborne currently draws more interest and attention than any exclusive game you can name on your favorite system?

If you aren't interested in Bloodborne how bout you go create a topic about an exclusive game on your preferred system and let me know how that turns out for you.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Dear Christ of latter day saints, next year we get Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV and Bloodborne.

Jesus take the Wheel!!1

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

You don't own a PS4 and you believe PC is the best, you are also someone who hyped Halo MCC AAA (luz) I don't think anyone cares to hear that your opinion about anything related to Bloodboren expecially that you aren't interested in Bloodborne for the millionth time.

It's not like we haven't heard you say the same thing 10,000 times before in EVERY single other Bloodborne thread that was ever created.

I don't know anyone else who obsessively posts "I see nothing of interest/not interested" as you have dedicated your self to do for Bloodborne. Are you trying to convince other people to have no interest in this game or yourself?

No one cares if a console hating non-PS4 owning clown says he's not interested in Bloodborne. Da ****, title says BLOODBORNE if you are not interested why do you come into EVERY Bloodborne related topic to repeat that same line? Are you upset the Bloodborne currently draws more interest and attention than any exclusive game you can name on your favorite system?

If you aren't interested in Bloodborne how bout you go create a topic about an exclusive game on your preferred system and let me know how that turns out for you.

Meltdown much. As @lostrib said an overwhelming amount of the comments have been positive, so maybe you need to just suck it up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

@always_explicit said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

You don't own a PS4 and you believe PC is the best, you are also someone who hyped Halo MCC AAA (luz) I don't think anyone cares to hear that your opinion about anything related to Bloodboren expecially that you aren't interested in Bloodborne for the millionth time.

Meltdown much. As @lostrib said an overwhelming amount of the comments have been positive, so maybe you need to just suck it up.

Fanboys just seem to only see what they want to see

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

LMAO...dat irony.

This coming from someone who says the same thing in EVERY bloodborne thread that gets created. Talk about fanboys, you are a seriously butthurt and obsessed one going by you actions of stocking Bloodborne to tell people how you don't care about it.

@lostrib said:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

LMAO...dat irony.

This coming from someone who says the same thing in EVERY bloodborne thread that gets created. Talk about fanboys, you are a seriously butthurt and obsessed one going by you actions of stocking Bloodborne to tell people how you don't care about it.

@lostrib said:

Stocking...? really?

So what exactly am I fanboy of that results in me not being interested in Bloodborne?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

this

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Looks great. Don't did the MC look compared to teh original, but there's customization so **** it.

Those monster though. Man, the game's atmosphere is excellent.Man, waht i'd give for a pc version.

@kinectthedots said:

LMAO at the insane amounts of butthurt shown by the same lems and sony haters who always seem to run into EVERY Bloodborne thread to say, "meh, I don't care" for the 1000th time before the majority of sony fans can even post.

Haters may your tears stay salty and your hyped games as 2nd rate in comparison as they've always been.

@kinectthedots said:

You don't own a PS4 and you believe PC is the best, you are also someone who hyped Halo MCC AAA (luz) I don't think anyone cares to hear your opinion about anything related to Bloodborne especially that you aren't interested in Bloodborne for the millionth time.

Boy talk about having a meltdown

NoahProa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NoahProa
Member since 2014 • 70 Posts

@lostrib said:

Then I guess that you aren't interesting in gaming, considering that this is one of the best gaming has to offer

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@noahproa: wait, so because I don't like a certain game series or sub-genre of games, somehow that means I'm not interested in gaming?

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

They should have just called this demons souls 2 will be picking up ps4 when this arrives :)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

If I looked like that with eyeballs all over my body, the feel of living alone would also make me want to murder everyone I see. I don't blame these creatures for wanting to act like they do. The main player is doing the human thing in putting them down, good on him.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@lostrib said:

@noahproa: wait, so because I don't like a certain game series or sub-genre of games, somehow that means I'm not interested in gaming?

Of course, gamers must have a unified view on everything which is why people have meltdowns when one site scores a game lower than the others.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

can't wait to play this

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

non cows be mad jelly yo

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

non cows be mad jelly yo

why is that?

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KratosYOLOSwag

@-Blasphemy- said:

They should have just called this demons souls 2 will be picking up ps4 when this arrives :)

What's interesting is that Bloodborne might actually be connected to Demon's Souls based on what some people discovered during the Alpha test. They might be set in the same world, with Bloodborne being the future.

I think they chose to not name this Demon's Souls 2 so they could have a fresh start. The Demon's Souls IP wasn't handled properly so this is their redemption. They're getting both Souls fans and people that are new to the series.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

looks kind of last-gen in the graphics department.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

What's interesting is that Bloodborne might actually be connected to Demon's Souls based on what some people discovered during the Alpha test. They might be set in the same world, with Bloodborne being the future.

I think they chose to not name this Demon's Souls 2 so they could have a fresh start. The Demon's Souls IP wasn't handled properly so this is their redemption. They're getting both Souls fans and people that are new to the series.

I think they chose "Bloodborne" because it's been like 5 years since Demon's Souls, there's been two Dark Souls in between which are seen as sequels/spiritual successors. It would just be confusing. Plus, the game takes place much later and in an entirely new era with different style and gameplay elements. It's like a series reboot.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

I think they chose "Bloodborne" because it's been like 5 years since Demon's Souls, there's been two Dark Souls in between which are seen as sequels/spiritual successors. It would just be confusing. Plus, the game takes place much later and in an entirely new era with different style and gameplay elements. It's like a series reboot.

Demon's Souls ending Spoilers they're two choices the player can make at the end of demon's souls, #1 kill the Maiden in Black and let the Old One continues feasting on human souls, this is a world where Soul Art still exist magic miracles etc without the Old One Soul Arts are lost. #2 let the Maiden in Black seal the Old One away, this world would be a world without Soul Arts losing them humans would surely turn to science and technology for survival. Bloodborne could be a sequel to Demon's Soul's that takes place hundreds of years in the future, i don't know what i think of the best yet maybe they're possessed by Demon's. i suspect magic isnt completely gone but people who have the ability to use it will be seen as witches and if apprehended killed. there's probably going to be a church in Bloodborne, the church might blame the beast plague on witches, alchemist, scientist and the abandonment of god, god in Demon's Souls was the Old One i'll stop my speculation here.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Was never a fan of Demon Souls but grats to the people that do enjoy those type of games.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I still don't get the hype and buzz over this game..

lem_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lem_1224
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

nice ill be purchasing this for the xbox