New Bloodborne gameplay.

• 169 results
#151 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

So for the 4th time now they still can't outclass Ninja Gaiden 2 in the gameplay department.

Also they didn't show any of the boring Stat progression stuff most RPGs bogg down their games with, I know its there, if it was fun they would've showed it.

#152 Posted by dakan45 (18614 posts) -

Nice dark souls mod, why is it exlusive to ps4 and you have to pay for it?

#153 Posted by mems_1224 (47160 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Skyrim's action is far inferior to Souls series games or Bloodborne. You can literally defeat enemies by passively pressing attack over and over again. I don't even need to get into the game design surrounding combat to elucidate this inferiority

Sure, if you don't mod your game. But even vanilla Skyrim looks better than Dark Souls, is more fun to explore, has better music and sound, a more interesting world and a lot more variety in gameplay. Plus, archery in Skyrim is far superior to Dark Souls.

Appearances don't mean much for game design at this level; there are no confusing graphical aspects in either game. If you like scenery, exploration, other random fantasy setting stuff, fine, but that isn't central to game design - it is quite obviously accessory. So, all of the other stuff is just bells and whistles (save for ranged weapons in Dark Souls). I also disagree: Dark Souls has a better soundtrack imo.

We could get into why Skyrim attracts more people due to these facets, but I'm sure you know where that will lead.

Dark Souls had a soundtrack? Dont remember a single memorable song. Skyrim has one of the best video game soundtracks ever.

The graphics are accessories but they greatly enhance the exploration aspect of the game which is central to it's game design. I mean, the one thing Dark Souls does better than Skyrim is melee combat but only because thats the only thing you do in Dark Souls. And it isn't even THAT great. swing, back away or roll and repeat. With mods its not even fair, Skyrim's combat is more challenging, realistic, versatile and less clunky.

#154 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Skyrim's action is far inferior to Souls series games or Bloodborne. You can literally defeat enemies by passively pressing attack over and over again. I don't even need to get into the game design surrounding combat to elucidate this inferiority

Sure, if you don't mod your game. But even vanilla Skyrim looks better than Dark Souls, is more fun to explore, has better music and sound, a more interesting world and a lot more variety in gameplay. Plus, archery in Skyrim is far superior to Dark Souls.

Appearances don't mean much for game design at this level; there are no confusing graphical aspects in either game. If you like scenery, exploration, other random fantasy setting stuff, fine, but that isn't central to game design - it is quite obviously accessory. So, all of the other stuff is just bells and whistles (save for ranged weapons in Dark Souls). I also disagree: Dark Souls has a better soundtrack imo.

We could get into why Skyrim attracts more people due to these facets, but I'm sure you know where that will lead.

Dark Souls had a soundtrack? Dont remember a single memorable song. Skyrim has one of the best video game soundtracks ever.

The graphics are accessories but they greatly enhance the exploration aspect of the game which is central to it's game design. I mean, the one thing Dark Souls does better than Skyrim is melee combat but only because thats the only thing you do in Dark Souls. And it isn't even THAT great. swing, back away or roll and repeat. With mods its not even fair, Skyrim's combat is more challenging, realistic, versatile and less clunky.

I take it action games aren't your thing. That's fine. Just don't make judgments of action elements then.

Realistic isn't even a goal in both games... seriously magic fireballs and ogres and shit?

Yes, Dark Souls has a soundtrack. It's composed by Motoi Sakuraba who's actually had quite a successful and long history composing soundtracks (Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile, Sol Deace/Feace, Tales games.... etc.).

#155 Posted by mems_1224 (47160 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I take it action games aren't your thing. That's fine. Just don't make judgments of action elements then.

Realistic isn't even a goal in both games... seriously magic fireballs and ogres and shit?

Yes, Dark Souls has a soundtrack. It's composed by Motoi Sakuraba who's actually had quite a successful and long history composing soundtracks (Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile, Sol Deace/Feace, Tales games.... etc.).

Love action games. Dark Souls just isn't a very good one.

Again, Dark Souls has a soundtrack? Can you list something that dude has done thats actually relevant? Not a bunch of niche weebo games

#156 Posted by scatteh316 (4927 posts) -

Looks like a hi-res Nightmare Creatures....

#157 Posted by sailor232 (4750 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

Looks like a hi-res Nightmare Creatures....

I loved that game.

#158 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

Lol, i love all the hate this game is getting. You guys Crack me up

can't wait to play it, looks awesome

#159 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Again, Dark Souls has a soundtrack? Can you list something that dude has done thats actually relevant? Not a bunch of niche weebo games

Okay. I see you're trying not to be serious.

Also, I boldfaced that part for a reason. Note: action games without qtes.

#160 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X

To be fair the Action is anchored down by tedious Role Playing... Which is just a nice term for saying Micromanaging Stats and Memorizing Patterns. And those things take precedent over player skill.

#161 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Mems is right, though. "Swing, back away or roll and repeat" sums up the Demon's Souls combat somewhat well, at least in the early part of the game. There are action games out there that aren't filled with QTEs and actually include things like combos, jumping, move sets, good enemy AI, etc.

#162 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@X_CAPCOM_X

To be fair the Action is anchored down by tedious Role Playing... Which is just a nice term for saying Micromanaging Stats and Memorizing Patterns. And those things take precedent over player skill.

That is one aspect of "action RPG," but you know, you can beat the game without upgrading at all. I should do it just to prove a point to posters here.

#163 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mems_1224 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Mems is right, though. "Swing, back away or roll and repeat" sums up the Demon's Souls combat somewhat well, at least in the early part of the game. There are action games out there that aren't filled with QTEs and actually include things like combos, jumping, move sets, good enemy AI, etc.

No, he's not. Parroting that line just exudes a profound ignorance of action elements in games as a whole. I don't want to get into the details - it's certainly not worth it on this forum.
Here, I'll put it simply: If you don't like to dodge attacks and attack during openings, you're really leaving out all action games that include fighting...
Besides, his comments regarding a composer who has been successful since 1990 (or 89 can't remember) really display where he is coming from.

#164 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X

Some guy Finnished Blacks using only meleel moves.... Some people can drive a car with their feet.

My question is is it a good Idea to do so ? Will the game be "harder" ?

#165 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@X_CAPCOM_X

Some guy Finnished Blacks using only meleel moves.... Some people can drive a car with their feet.

My question is is it a good Idea to do so ? Will the game be "harder" ?

You missed my point. It's about how the game is designed. Yes, you can do that in Dark Souls: in many ways it is designed very well.

I don't care about if it is a "good idea" or not. It's a great idea if you enjoy a challenge, which is you know, the point of a game.

#166 Edited by Alcapello (949 posts) -

#167 Posted by CTR360 (7087 posts) -

day one for me i cant wait

#168 Edited by Flubbbs (3099 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Stringerboy said:

Fuck this looks awesome.

#169 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -
@Stringerboy said:

Fuck this looks awesome.

Graphics still look great. A little bit heavy on the fog, but I love the animation. I like that there seems to be different paths you can take and explore. The game does look repetitive though, but I have seen several of the bosses and they look insane. That's probably one of my main reasons for pre-ordering this game. Those boss battles are going to be the "creme' dela creme'" of this game. Can't wait.

#170 Edited by HernandeZzzz (460 posts) -

So much envy in this thread... lol. No, you can't have this obvious GOTY, it's for PS users only. Now go back to Titanfail or Crappy Kong, and be quiet.

#171 Edited by strrckshn (1 posts) -

@MirkoS77: This as nothing to do with the Souls Series. Stand alone Game. Sure it's familiar because who the creator is.

#172 Posted by rabakill (666 posts) -

It doesn't really look that good, some serious homer glasses here. It looks boring as hell