New Bloodborne gameplay.

• 169 results
#101 Posted by gago-gago (9343 posts) -

Are they going to add music to this? I just watched the 35 min gameplay for The Witcher 3 and man, now that game not only looks good, it sounds good too. Music really adds to the atmosphere and experience to games.

#102 Posted by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

Are they going to add music to this? I just watched the 35 min gameplay for The Witcher 3 and man, now that game not only looks good, it sounds good too. Music really adds to the atmosphere and experience to games.

Really? I always thought it was distracting and normally turn it off in rpgs. Some epic music during a boss fight is fine but not while exploring.

#103 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Looks rather boring. Leaves me with a "been there, done that" taste in my mouth. Like Devil May Cry or something and I am not a big fan of Devil May Cry. Maybe I have just been gaming too long and there isn't anything out there original to me anymore. From what I have seen of this game so far, I would have to pass on purchasing it, even for $5.

I know, I know. Somebody is going to cry like a baby over my opinion.....Get over it.

#104 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Judging by your post I think its safe to assume your not into PC Gaming.

#105 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonTreeBoa

I am a PC gamer. Don't ever try to get a job as a therapist.

#106 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Then in that case you have nothing to complain about. Its like you didn't even try to look.

#107 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Then in that case you have nothing to complain about. Its like you didn't even try to look.

Wtf are you even talking about? Try to make some sense, will you.

#108 Posted by Primorandomguy (16 posts) -

I don't think it looks very good. Just another hack n slash. I never played the souls games, so I can't compare it to that. But from what I'm seeing, it looks rather boring.

#109 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I don't think it looks very good. Just another hack n slash. I never played the souls games, so I can't compare it to that. But from what I'm seeing, it looks rather boring.

I own Demon's Souls and it bored the piss out of me about half way through. I had beaten at least two bosses in every area, then just got bored and stopped playing. Besides it being just about Hack N Slash, Demon's Souls didn't really have any story and for a so call RPG, that is a huge no no.

#110 Posted by sailor232 (4432 posts) -

I don't like how the environment is static, like when the character walks in the puddles they do nothing to react, no splashes or ripples or anything. Graphics are really nice other than that little gripe. Souls fans will be extremely happy with this, while those that don't like that series will stay away.

#111 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

#112 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonTreeBoa

You already said that kid. You set on broken record status or something?

EDIT: Are you trying to say I didn't watch the video? So to you, I formed an opinion and decided it didn't look like something that I would want without watching the video? ...Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to troll me?

#113 Posted by Ribnarak (2293 posts) -

are people seriously expecting it to be radically different than the souls games? Why would a company turn away from success. You don't see COD try to do something completely different

The game looks impressive. The monsters actually look dangerous, the atmosphere is amazing.

looks like a good exclusive to me.

#114 Edited by Aljosa23 (24721 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonTreeBoa

Why are you incapable of quoting properly?

Anyway, game looks awesome. Looks like Demon's Souls married Resident Evil 4 and they had a threesome with Castlevania. I am so fucking down for this.

#115 Posted by Heirren (16507 posts) -

I will be picking this up for my pc on day one.

#116 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Nope.... Not talking about the game... I'm talking about you not finding something "original"

#117 Posted by heguain (551 posts) -

I think it looks badass and I'm not even a souls fan.

#118 Posted by remiks00 (1699 posts) -

To be honest, it looks and plays exactly like Demon/Dark Souls. Not necessarily a bad thing. But, to be fair, they seem to have copied and pasted most of it. Even the AI seems the same. The only thing that really stands out are the atmosphere and the graphical detail. I'm a big Souls fan, but I have to be honest here, I'm not seeing why this is SOOO hyped on here.Because it's exclusive to PS4? probably.

#119 Posted by Kjranu (917 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

To be honest, it looks and plays exactly like Demon/Dark Souls. Not necessarily a bad thing. But, to be fair, they seem to have copied and pasted most of it. Even the AI seems the same. The only thing that really stands out are the atmosphere and the graphical detail. I'm a big Souls fan, but I have to be honest here, I'm not seeing why this is SOOO hyped on here.Because it's exclusive to PS4? probably.

The one thing that is killing me is the user interface that looks like it was lifted from 2005. They don't even bother creating new assets for individual franchises, they just copy the same thing over and over from game to game.

#120 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

I don't get the combat. Move backwards move backwards wait for opponent to swing move backwards HIT! Wow.

Have you played Devil May Cry or Zone of the Enders (2)?

#121 Edited by Chocobo_PS2 (24 posts) -

Keep the same matchmaking or alike. It works so well, gamefaqs and general western preferer forum resident will be dumped matchmaking with cheaters so they will spam QQ more which is wins wins. It shows that they never learn their lesson. Which implant message board is also bad.

#122 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Stringerboy said:

>Skyrim

>fun to play

Pick one.

Well, of course the greatest game of the last generation is fun to play. Dont be stupid.

Skyrim's action is far inferior to Souls series games or Bloodborne. You can literally defeat enemies by passively pressing attack over and over again. I don't even need to get into the game design surrounding combat to elucidate this inferiority

#123 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X

I have.... Isn't Bloodborne just a slower more boring version of that ?

#124 Edited by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

#125 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

Is it just me or did this video give off some serious RE4 vibes?

#126 Posted by magicalclick (22430 posts) -

Looks easier than Dark Soul, which I stopped playing before seeing a town. I am not even sure if Dark Soul has a town or not, I quit too early because I keep dying and my weapon is wearing out.

#127 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X

I have.... Isn't Bloodborne just a slower more boring version of that ?

I was addressing his confusion with dealing damage to specific enemies based on their movement. This looks like stage 1 in any moderate to slower paced action game. The fundamentals still look good though.

The speed doesn't make it boring, it just changes the difficulty depending on the type of maneuvers you're making. If you want a very fast gameplay, try Zone of the Enders 2 - it still hasn't been topped in speed. DMC3 turbo doesn't come close to how quickly enemies react on harder difficulties.

#128 Edited by MirkoS77 (7142 posts) -

This is a PS4 exclusive? It looks extremely last gen, and I doubt it'll look anywhere even that good considering what happened with DS II. I was also hoping to see a bit more of an evolution given this is the third game in the series. It looks nearly like a carbon copy.

#129 Posted by blamix99 (1670 posts) -

day 1

#130 Edited by SolidTy (42419 posts) -

It's early, but I'm sure it will be a blast considering the pedigree behind it.

The gameplay didn't wow me, but I did like the setting. Maybe it's because this summer I've beat RE1-3, RE:CVX HD, and this month I've been replaying RE4 (HD) this month, but I got an RE4 meets Demon's Souls vibe. Graphically, it's PS3+ I think at this stage. Then again, I didn't play the souls games for graphics.

#131 Posted by dommeus (9233 posts) -

DAMN IT

gotta buy a goddamn PS4 now

#132 Posted by Gamerno6666 (465 posts) -

Unholy crap

Rpgs and their obsession with spider. But that thing is creepy.

#133 Posted by OhSnapitz (18100 posts) -
#134 Posted by Marduke1913 (46 posts) -

looks dope

#135 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Really? I always thought it was distracting and normally turn it off in rpgs. Some epic music during a boss fight is fine but not while exploring.

In a game like this it's distracting. Maybe dark,ambient music like in Elder Scrolls dungeons would be fitting though.

#136 Posted by IgGy621985 (4624 posts) -

Looks good. But for hack and slash title, I'd expect more loot.

#137 Posted by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

Mindless hack and slash Nightmare creatures on PS1 revisited .

I think Ill pass on this one !

#138 Posted by 7MDMA (265 posts) -

Day 1 buy if I didn't have to get a crappy PS4 too. Meh, Dark Souls1/2 modded will have to do.

#139 Posted by humanistpotato (271 posts) -

pretty meh, at last it looks like they managed to make some interesting enviroments

but why this game plays on 20-ish fps with shutters, it doesnt even look good

#140 Posted by PAL360 (26704 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice:

Same here, the game and atmosphere looks incredible! Hope it runs at 1080p60.

#141 Edited by mems_1224 (46499 posts) -

Skyrim's action is far inferior to Souls series games or Bloodborne. You can literally defeat enemies by passively pressing attack over and over again. I don't even need to get into the game design surrounding combat to elucidate this inferiority

Sure, if you don't mod your game. But even vanilla Skyrim looks better than Dark Souls, is more fun to explore, has better music and sound, a more interesting world and a lot more variety in gameplay. Plus, archery in Skyrim is far superior to Dark Souls.

#142 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@mems_1224

It's got no depth. Actually both Dark Souls and Skyrim have no depth. However its for different reasons. Skyrim is just far too Shallow and Dark Souls is Convoluted.

#143 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Nope.... Not talking about the game... I'm talking about you not finding something "original"

That's because there was nothing.

#144 Edited by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

I'm looking forward to getting this game... hope it delivers :)

#145 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Really ? Theres nothing Original in all of PC Gaming ? You're not looking !

#146 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Really ? Theres nothing Original in all of PC Gaming ? You're not looking !

Really, that damn hard for you to stay on topic. NEWS FLASH kid, we aren't talking about PC gaming, we are talking about Bloodborne....A.D.D. much?

#147 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa

Make it easy for me by coming up with a great topic. Something mentally stimulating.

#148 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2428 posts) -

I thought it would be fast paced this time around. It's carbon copy of Dark Souls.

#149 Posted by Omega-316 (783 posts) -

Is it just me or is the level of detail OUTSTANDING!?

#150 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonTreeBoa

I am a PC gamer. Don't ever try to get a job as a therapist.

Looked through your game selection; it explains why you don't like Devil May Cry. That game is much faster/more difficult and decisive than pretty much all of the games you play.

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Sure, if you don't mod your game. But even vanilla Skyrim looks better than Dark Souls, is more fun to explore, has better music and sound, a more interesting world and a lot more variety in gameplay. Plus, archery in Skyrim is far superior to Dark Souls.

Appearances don't mean much for game design at this level; there are no confusing graphical aspects in either game. If you like scenery, exploration, other random fantasy setting stuff, fine, but that isn't central to game design - it is quite obviously accessory. So, all of the other stuff is just bells and whistles (save for ranged weapons in Dark Souls). I also disagree: Dark Souls has a better soundtrack imo.

We could get into why Skyrim attracts more people due to these facets, but I'm sure you know where that will lead.