New Black Friday Ad shows retail stores are in MS pockets.

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

LINK

Notice how MS is listed first. They're both new consoles, why does one have to take a backseat to the other. Also notice how Xbox One has a description full of favorable, biased, and subjective information and for PS4 they mearely list the contents, nothing more. Anyone else sick of MS business tactics and political hold on gaming. Either MS has a lot of fanboys in power or they're moneyhatting hard. If they want to be the best, they should just try their best instead of making shills to cripple the competition. Don't see how anyone could support such a dirty company.

#2 Edited by lostrib (37634 posts) -

they're listed side by side on the first page, of one ad.

And is there something wrong with MS paying for better advertising, I'm sure sony does the same thing

#3 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Jealous that Sony can't afford to pay off retailers?

#4 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@lostrib said:

they're listed side by side on the first page

Those are PS3 and 360

#5 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5222 posts) -

Gota do what you gota do to get them sales. Nobody gives a crap about X1

This girl I know that doesn't game asked me if she can pre-order a PS4.. I was like woah..

#7 Posted by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

Those are PS3 and 360

Okay, if your theory were true wouldn't the 360 and X1 have the first page all to themselves

#8 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

Those are PS3 and 360

Okay, if your theory were true wouldn't the 360 and X1 have the first page all to themselves

MS new agena is next generation, but anyway, MS at least makes sure X1>PS4 and 360>PS3. To put 360 over PS4 is too obvious.

#9 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

lmao butthurt moron. you should go outside for a bit bro

Isn't it against the new TOU to insult posters like that bro?

#10 Posted by gago-gago (9539 posts) -

Listed first? You mean from left to right? I mean some people look at things from right to left too. Lol.

#11 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Listed first? You mean from left to right? I mean some people look at things from right to left too. Lol.

One is on page 2, PS4 is on page 4.

#12 Edited by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

Those are PS3 and 360

MS new agena is next generation, but anyway, MS at least makes sure X1>PS4 and 360>PS3. To put 360 over PS4 is too obvious.

Is there something wrong if MS did pay for better advertising?

#13 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

So Sony's marketing skills suck and this is somehow Microsofts fault?

#14 Edited by gago-gago (9539 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@gago-gago said:

One is on page 2, PS4 is on page 4.

I don't know, sometimes especially with magazines and ads, I know I'm not the only one, I start looking at the pages starting from the last page towards the front page. But thanks for the heads up on this leak. The sale prices are kinda meh.

#15 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

Those are PS3 and 360

Its not necesarrily just better advertising. Look at the descriptions of the consoles in the papar. One gets a paragraph of favorable and completely subjective information while PS4 just gets a list of contents. Not whining or crying here, just making a statement of MS political bull and seeing if others noticed. Is there something wrong with me doing that?

#16 Edited by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lostrib said:

Those are PS3 and 360

Its not necesarrily just better advertising. Look at the descriptions of the consoles in the papar. One gets a paragraph of favorable and completely subjective information while PS4 just gets a list of contents. Not whining or crying here, just making a statement of MS political bull and seeing if others noticed. Is there something wrong with me doing that?

Political? what is political in there?

Perhaps Sony should have paid more. Not sure why you're complaining that MS has better advertising

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (58179 posts) -

This thread is just sad

#18 Edited by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

You don't have to cry about it.

#19 Edited by Krelian-co (11178 posts) -

microsoft is panicking over xbone negativity and preprders, and it shows

#SDC

#20 Edited by Terrencec06 (3552 posts) -

who cares wow.

#21 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

They gotta generate interest somehow since hardly anyone wants an X1 nowadays, it's all about PS4 everywhere I go.

#22 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

This thread is just sad

Noticing MS is throwing around politics is sad. Sorry for being observational.

#23 Edited by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

Welcome to the world of Business. Now stop crying.

#24 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11916 posts) -

Sweet, Assassin's Creed IV for $40.

#25 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1596 posts) -

Why cant 3DS be on sale :/

I want one :(

#26 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

Poor cows, they care so very deeply about ads; why must you do this to them Gamestop?

#27 Posted by tormentos (18334 posts) -

Like if people care when people are fix on a product and put an X on another that most likely with stick.

Considering that pre-orders put the PS4 ahead even on US is better to channel that money into games,sony announce more than 1 million preorders like a month ago,still waiting for a number from MS.

Don't be surprise to see MS try to use dollars make on launch to actually claim victory,the PS4 is $100 less so if MS make more money on close they will try to claim victory or claim that the launches of both units were close base on dollars make on the first days.

#28 Posted by delta3074 (18412 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

LINK

Notice how MS is listed first. They're both new consoles, why does one have to take a backseat to the other. Also notice how Xbox One has a description full of favorable, biased, and subjective information and for PS4 they mearely list the contents, nothing more. Anyone else sick of MS business tactics and political hold on gaming. Either MS has a lot of fanboys in power or they're moneyhatting hard. If they want to be the best, they should just try their best instead of making shills to cripple the competition. Don't see how anyone could support such a dirty company.

so because they list the Xbox 1 first they are somehow in MS pockets? Excuse me while i roll around on the floor laughing dude, worst conspiracy theory ever dude.

Oh, and the 'Best' company, in business terms, is the one that makes the most Bank, regardless of how they do it

#29 Posted by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@charizard1605 said:

This thread is just sad

Noticing MS is throwing around politics is sad. Sorry for being observational.

Throwing around politics? what does that even mean?

#30 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Alright, this is just plain embarrassing.

#31 Posted by snugenz_irl (31 posts) -

What a sad individual you'd have to be to create this thread...

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

Those ads, eh? They get you all riled up lol.

Retailers know what sells, and Black Friday is a US thing... The 360 trounced the PS3 in the States.

#33 Posted by clone01 (24832 posts) -

Advertising wars.

#34 Posted by navyguy21 (12946 posts) -

And if Sony paid for front page...........what would be the complaint then?

#35 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

really TC?

#37 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3074 posts) -

I just noticed an XBox One ad on the top of this page. C'mon gamespot, let's be fair here

#38 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8155 posts) -

@snugenz_irl said:

What a sad individual you'd have to be to create this thread...

#39 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7419 posts) -

@lostrib said:

they're listed side by side on the first page, of one ad.

And is there something wrong with MS paying for better advertising, I'm sure sony does the same thing

These big companies, paying for advertising!!!!!! What is wrong with them????????????

#40 Edited by lawlessx (46775 posts) -

microsoft does something they're considered evil

Sony does something..and fanboys praise them for being "for gamers'

#41 Edited by coasterguy65 (6016 posts) -

Wow PS fanboys really are an insecure bunch...GS really needs to bring back the eye roll emote.

#42 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@lundy86_4: You make it sound like PlayStation is now a cookie cutter brand in the States now. It's a household name lol. PS3 wasn't Sony's first console, doubt retailers are doing this on their own. They're getting paid off. One generation of MS taking advantage does not negate PS2 and 1 outselling the competition 4 to 1. That was true domination, not a measly 15-20 million unit lead.

#43 Edited by kuu2 (7367 posts) -

Not sure if you are Sony Fan or just pretending to be. This thread makes me think you are the latter. Either way keep posting it is hilarious.

#44 Edited by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@lundy86_4: You make it sound like PlayStation is now a cookie cutter brand in the States now. It's a household name lol. PS3 wasn't Sony's first console, doubt retailers are doing this on their own. They're getting paid off. One generation of MS taking advantage does not negate PS2 and 1 outselling the competition 4 to 1. That was true domination, not a measly 15-20 million unit lead.

#45 Posted by mems_1224 (47254 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

What happened 10 years ago is irrelevant. 360 won, thats all that matters. Thank you MS

#46 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8761 posts) -

Oh by the way NTG, if you get banned again and once again feel the need to cry for help on the PUSH offsite, they've moved to a different forum so just PM someone from PUSH and they'll give you the info. Even if everyone just laughed at your pleas the last time, I'm sure they'll be more helpful this time.

#47 Posted by clone01 (24832 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

And if Sony paid for front page...........what would be the complaint then?

Ooooohhhhh. Ikingbobi would fellate Sony like he usually does.

#48 Posted by clone01 (24832 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity:

Lol! Really? That's sad.

#49 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

360 dominated in the States. Not sure why you feel the need to explain that away. Black Friday is a US thing.

#50 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This girl I know that doesn't game asked me if she can pre-order a PS4.. I was like woah..

I dont believe you had a conversation with a girl.