New 360 Exclusive RPG

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

New Xbox 360 exclusive Action-RPG announced

Certain Affinity has announced that Crimson Alliance is in development and will be getting an official reveal later today over at the Rooster Teeth Fan Event!

The game will also be present at E3, where gamers can try a playable demo of the title.

The game's official facebook page reveals that it is an Action-RPG title.

Crimson Alliance is the new action RPG from Certain Affinity! It takes everything we've learned about high action from working on shooters like Halo and Call of Duty, and everything we love about the fantasy genre, but gets rid of all that tedious backpack rummaging, and boring dialog!

They've also launched a teaser website for the game to mark the announcement.

The game is probably an XBLA title but we'll only know for sure tonight.

Source: http://www.gamersmint.com/new-xbox-360-exclusive-action-rpg-announced

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Nice, especially since the 360 has been lacking in the exclusives department lately.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Sucks that it isn't related to Crimson Skies at all. Also sucks if it's just an XBLA title.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

A bunch of ex-Bungie guys making an action RPG? Sign me up! :D

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.TheMoreYouOwn
Why is it sad?
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.TheMoreYouOwn
If it's good then it doesn't matter where it comes from.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.charizard1605
Why is it sad?

Who knows? A good game is a good game, and smaller titles generally don't have to worry about appealing to the masses, so they can do more cool stuff. Besides, Certain Affinity is a small studio, anyhow. I don't think they'll be doing retail titles anytime soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.DarkLink77
Why is it sad?

Who knows? A good game is a good game, and smaller titles generally don't have to worry about appealing to the masses, so they can do more cool stuff. Besides, Certain Affinity is a small studio, anyhow. I don't think they'll be doing retail titles anytime soon.

Yeah, but I find it slightly insulting the way downloadable titles are relegated to second tier status in System Wars. For people who argue that the 360 doesn't have a good library of exclusives, what about games like The Dishwasher, Limbo and Super Meat Boy? What about games like Shadow Complex? This might be an XBLA title, but does that necessarily mean that it holds lesser value than a full retail release?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Why is it sad?charizard1605

Yeah, but I find it slightly insulting the way downloadable titles are relegated to second tier status in System Wars. For people who argue that the 360 doesn't have a good library of exclusives, what about games like The Dishwasher, Limbo and Super Meat Boy? What about games like Shadow Complex? This might be an XBLA title, but does that necessarily mean that it holds lesser value than a full retail release?

I played Super Meat Boy recently and I was blown away. The design in that game is absolutely incredible. Same thing with World of Goo, for another example of downloadable awesome.

In fact, I think I may look into smaller titles more than big budget ones now. Most big budget titles nowadays just disappoint me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Who knows? A good game is a good game, and smaller titles generally don't have to worry about appealing to the masses, so they can do more cool stuff. Besides, Certain Affinity is a small studio, anyhow. I don't think they'll be doing retail titles anytime soon.

I played Super Meat Boy recently and I was blown away. The design in that game is absolutely incredible. Same thing with World of Goo, for another example of downloadable awesome. In fact, I think I may look into smaller titles more than big budget ones now. Most bid budget titles nowadays just disappoint me.

Yeah, they're a glut of downsized and diluted gameplay, in favor of more styIe, more flash than substance, all in an effort to appeal to the mainstream, simply so that the massive development budget is recovered. Small titles like Magicka for instance? Now those are the ones I *really* want to play.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah, but I find it slightly insulting the way downloadable titles are relegated to second tier status in System Wars. For people who argue that the 360 doesn't have a good library of exclusives, what about games like The Dishwasher, Limbo and Super Meat Boy? What about games like Shadow Complex? This might be an XBLA title, but does that necessarily mean that it holds lesser value than a full retail release?

I played Super Meat Boy recently and I was blown away. The design in that game is absolutely incredible. Same thing with World of Goo, for another example of downloadable awesome. In fact, I think I may look into smaller titles more than big budget ones now. Most bid budget titles nowadays just disappoint me.

Yeah, they're a glut of downsized and diluted gameplay, in favor of more styIe, more flash than substance, all in an effort to appeal to the mainstream, simply so that the massive development budget is recovered. Small titles like Magicka for instance? Now those are the ones I *really* want to play.

Precisely. I mean, there are still those really awesome big budget games (Nintendo, Blizzard, Bungie titles, etc), but they're just getting so few and far between. Now it's all about graphics and being "cinematic." I popped Super Mario 64 into my N64 yesterday because I realized I'd never beaten it, and I had more fun with that than most games I've played this gen. Kind of sad, really.
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Thought it was a kinect title.. :P

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Surprised this wasn't a kinect game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I played Super Meat Boy recently and I was blown away. The design in that game is absolutely incredible. Same thing with World of Goo, for another example of downloadable awesome. In fact, I think I may look into smaller titles more than big budget ones now. Most bid budget titles nowadays just disappoint me.

Precisely. I mean, there are still those really awesome big budget games (Nintendo, Blizzard, Bungie titles, etc), but they're just getting so few and far between. Now it's all about graphics and being "cinematic." I popped Super Mario 64 into my N64 yesterday because I realized I'd never beaten it, and I had more fun with that than most games I've played this gen. Kind of sad, really.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like we're losing out on what makes gaming gaming- and unfortunately, the one console that was supposed to help retain games' simplicity (the Wii) is, well... I mean. It just sucks, seeing games being reduced to nothing more than tech demoes with simplistic mechanics and control schemes and lots of explosions and pretentious stories, just to get the approval of the mainstream. I really hope this trend will be reversed soon. Otherwise, between this, smartphone and Facebook gaming and shovelware, gaming will have an uphill battle.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah, they're a glut of downsized and diluted gameplay, in favor of more styIe, more flash than substance, all in an effort to appeal to the mainstream, simply so that the massive development budget is recovered. Small titles like Magicka for instance? Now those are the ones I *really* want to play.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like we're losing out on what makes gaming gaming- and unfortunately, the one console that was supposed to help retain games' simplicity (the Wii) is, well... I mean. It just sucks, seeing games being reduced to nothing more than tech demoes with simplistic mechanics and control schemes and lots of explosions and pretentious stories, just to get the approval of the mainstream. I really hope this trend will be reversed soon. Otherwise, between this, smartphone and Facebook gaming and shovelware, gaming will have an uphill battle.

I don't even look forward to most sequels anymore. Instead, it's like, "Okay, please don't be bad." Even IO is trying to "widen the audience" with the new Hitman. It makes me want to cry. I just want to grab these developers by the collar and yell, "It's OKAY. Just make a GOOD game! It doesn't have to be a graphical masterpiece and have a huge budget. We DON'T CARE, as long as it's FUN!" Game design has just taken such a huge leap backwards this gen, and especially recently. 3-4 years ago, it wasn't nearly this bad.
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hatiko

Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.Sp4rtan_3

Or maybe we are people hyped for an RPG. Your probably one of those people that don't even look at indie games.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

It better have an awesome button.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

the total disrespect for XBLA games is pretty funny. but hey, what do you expect from teenagers? "IT'S NO KILLZONE!!!"

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AAllxxjjnn
Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.Sp4rtan_3
Meanwhile Cows get hyped by Flower.
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hatiko

the total disrespect for XBLA games is pretty funny. but hey, what do you expect from teenagers? "IT'S NO KILLZONE!!!"

lazerface216

"NO MULTIPLAHERZ!!! NOT GEHTING!!1111"

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
Why does it matter so much to you? Its fairly obvious you dislike the 360.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Sucks that it isn't related to Crimson Skies at all. Also sucks if it's just an XBLA title. AAllxxjjnn

Some of my favorite games this gen are xbla titles.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Sucks that it isn't related to Crimson Skies at all. Also sucks if it's just an XBLA title. topgunmv

Which ones, if you don't mind the question? I need to see if I've missed any gems.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Sucks that it isn't related to Crimson Skies at all. Also sucks if it's just an XBLA title. DarkLink77

Which ones, if you don't mind the question? I need to see if I've missed any gems.

Braid, Limbo, Shadow Complex, and Battlefield 1943 are my favorites out of my xbla library, although I have about a dozen xbla games.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#27 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.Hatiko

Or maybe we are people hyped for an RPG. Your probably one of those people that don't even look at indie games.

An aRPG without inventory, stats or dialog... from a FPS dev.... real exciting. True RPG fans stay far away!!! It will probably play like a fps and have deathmatch..lol. Sorry i'll wait for Dungeon Siege 3 or Diablo 3 (or play sacred 2) if i want a real ARPG...hell even DeathSpank is better than this. Sounds like Dragon Age 2 without the inventory at all and without the dialog...in other words utter crap. May get twitch fps gamers happy though. :p
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

Braid, Limbo, Shadow Complex, and Battlefield 1943 are my favorites out of my xbla library, although I have about a dozen xbla games.

That's a lot. :shock:
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

NEW exclusive!!!!?

***searches for lens cleaner cd***

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.Midnightshade29

An aRPG without inventory, stats or dialog... from a FPS dev.... real exciting. True RPG fans stay far away!!! It will probably play like a fps and have deathmatch..lol. Sorry i'll wait for Dungeon Siege 3 or Diablo 3 (or play sacred 2) if i want a real ARPG...hell even DeathSpank is better than this. Sounds like Dragon Age 2 without the inventory at all and without the dialog...in other words utter crap. May get twitch fps gamers happy though. :p

Where did they say they got rid of stats? Also, I wouldn't really call these guys FPS developers. They developed some maps and a RTS game.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Midnightshade29

I am I the only one that read the part about no inventory or dialog, made like halo? Have fun guys.. I am staying far away. I just hope this trend of streamlining rpgs doesn't get done even more. Arpgs themselves were streamlined enough. At least the witcher 2 stuck to the classic crpg roots. Can't wait for PSN wizardry title once psn is back online...you know an rpg with stats, inventory and tons of management..old school style.

It almost sounds like dark messiah of might and magic , the multiplayer part... which is already on 360, well the elements version.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hatiko

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.Midnightshade29

"True RPG Fans"

lol. Like a rpg fan can't enjoy other types of games

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Not really. Since DL titles can make plenty of money with the added benefit of cost-efficiency.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Who knows? A good game is a good game, and smaller titles generally don't have to worry about appealing to the masses, so they can do more cool stuff. Besides, Certain Affinity is a small studio, anyhow. I don't think they'll be doing retail titles anytime soon. DarkLink77

I played Super Meat Boy recently and I was blown away. The design in that game is absolutely incredible. Same thing with World of Goo, for another example of downloadable awesome.

In fact, I think I may look into smaller titles more than big budget ones now. Most big budget titles nowadays just disappoint me.

totally addicted to torchlight, it's not an exclusive but i will put more playtime into that than most full price retail games, i too am getting pretty sick of people acting as though XBL games or even PSN games cannot be counted as exclusives.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i5750at4Ghz

I am I the only one that read the part about no inventory or dialog, made like halo? Have fun guys.. I am staying far away. I just hope this trend of streamlining rpgs doesn't get done even more. Arpgs themselves were streamlined enough. At least the witcher 2 stuck to the classic crpg roots. Can't wait for PSN wizardry title once psn is back online...you know an rpg with stats, inventory and tons of management..old school style.

It almost sounds like dark messiah of might and magic , the multiplayer part... which is already on 360, well the elements version.

Midnightshade29
God forbid a dev tries something new. RPGs could use a change of pace.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Midnightshade29
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]

i5750at4Ghz

I have nothing against something new...just don't call it a arpg... its just more like a action game in a fantasy setting.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]

Midnightshade29

I have nothing against something new...just don't call it a arpg... its just more like a action game in a fantasy setting.

Why not call it an rpg if thats what it is? Who are you to declassify a games genre?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]

Midnightshade29

bit like hunted the demons forge then, a dungeon crawler, i love dungeon crawlers, thats why i am playing torchlight and i will be picking up hunted first thing friday morning (sucks to live in the UK sometimes).
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
RPG-but gets rid of all that tedious backpack rummaging, and boring dialog! FAIL
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.nervmeister
Not really. Since DL titles can make plenty of money with the added benefit of cost-efficiency.

But that don't count for SW exclusives, so the drought continues...Maybe someday I'll get to play my 360.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] God forbid a dev tries something new. RPGs could use a change of pace.i5750at4Ghz

Why not call it an rpg if thats what it is? Who are you to declassify a games genre?

as long as it's a 360 it's "teh sux" for him

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
It's posts like this that make me hate fanboys :(
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Getting kinda sad 360 has to start relying on Live for it's exclusives.Heil68

But that don't count for SW exclusives, so the drought continues...Maybe someday I'll get to play my 360.

So you only play SW exclusives?
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
My favorite games this gen have mostly been downloadable games, so I look forward to hearing more about this.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
Cool I'm always down for an XBLA game. There are a lot of XBLA games that give you way more value for your buck over actual retail games.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#47 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Hmmm, I'm surprised. I didn't think Certain Affinity would make an rpg. Sorta interested... will need to see more.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
So this announcement pretty much boils down to "It's an action RPG, but without any of the RPG" The game might be good, who knows, but goddamn that's a really stupid way to describe their game xD
Cr1m1nal_Slang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cr1m1nal_Slang
Member since 2010 • 96 Posts
I hate how SW downplays the value of Live Arcade and PSN titles, if a game is good who TF cares if its not retail. I'm loving Outland right now, and love hearing about this new game.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Lems getting hyped for XBLA games now ? it really must be bare bones for you guys.AAllxxjjnn
Meanwhile Cows get hyped by Flower.

Flower came out 2 years ago. Cow's have tons of exclusive games to be hyped about Lemmings are searching the XBLA pile for some gems because they know their 2011 selection is pitiful.