Nemesis can break into safe rooms - edit: big lie

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts
Hi guys, just to confirm, Nemesis CANNOT enter safe rooms, OXM's wonderful "journalist" mistook a normal room for a safe room and Capcom confirmed he definitely won't do that

Parp.

Nemesis can break into safe rooms

Just when you thought Nemesis couldn't get any scarier, it has now been confirmed that the terrifying Tyrant will be able to enter safe rooms in Resident Evil 3. Yes, you read that correctly, the S.T.A.R.S. stalker will be the first enemy in franchise history able to enter the traditionally relaxing areas where Leon S. Kennedy and Jill Valentine would usually take a breather.

The news is sourced from the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, where a slew of new details have been revealed. Spiders are confirmed to be in the game, Nemesis drops rare items if you manage to beat him in battle, and unique animations are tied to performing perfect dodges. What's more, the subway station will act as a way of fast travelling about Raccoon City, Carlos will be playable but won't have his own campaign, and completely new enemies are hinted at.

We cannot wait to get our hands on the full experience after a recent preview session shot our anticipation through the roof, and these intriguing new details aren't helping. Just imagine making it back to a safe room with a single Ink Ribbon left in your inventory, only for Nemesis to come along and kill you before you have chance to interact with the typewriter. That Tyrant really is going to be scarier than ever, isn't it?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Not exactly a safe room then.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Yikes! Sure hope that can change with the difficulty! I like my safe rooms to be more.........safe.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

Bunch of shit copy pasted for v taken from some Xbawx mag.

HEADS-UP, some of these details are laced with spoilers, so if you want to go in as blind as possible, you probably shouldn't read this.

But here's some new RE3 details:

-It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms.

-The devs kinda' used Mr. X as a way to gather some feedback on Nemesis, though their goal all along was to make Nemesis a more terrifying and tense foe than Mr. X in nearly every way.

-There's some unexpected environmental pauses to be had in RE3... Like the classic red explosive barrel. Do you use it immediately on some zombies right now, or save it for later to be able to use it as a mighty blow against Nemesis?

-Nemesis the first time you drop him after a major story moment can drop rare items for you to pick up from wherever you down him at.

-The dodge mechanic has some context-sensitive actions Jill can do if you pull off a perfect dodge against specific types of attacks. One example is Jill does a unique animation if you perfect dodge one of Nemesis' tentacles.

-There are certain areas the game is kinder and will give excuse why Nemmy can't follow and give you a breather, but one of the main goals of the remake was to make him a rather consistent threat. Not always chasing you but the possibility he could chase you there stays true.

-They've designed Nemesis AI with actually not being relentless, if he's always chasing you that'd get tiring fast. His AI works to dynamically sorta' direction his moves, and give the player breathing room as well.

Capcom have worked a lot on AI for this title in general, talking about making monsters react more to the environment and situations, and how they can work together, separately, etc. They even talk about how they've made the zombies behave differently whether they're alone or if there's several zombies around and they're in a group.

-Grave Digger is confirmed to be in the game. Hints there's some Tremors-inspired sequences with it, and you can shoot and toss grenades down its throat.

-Spiders are confirmed to be in the game! They have a tendency to scuttle all over the place, sometimes towards or away from you, or drop on you from the ceiling. (Also confirm Drain Deimos and Spiders are separate enemies in RE3 and behave differently.)

-Hunter Beta's are confirmed to be in the game as well.

-Say Raccoon City is a LOT bigger than it's been previously. They designed a lot of the city, it's not open world but they designed it so you can explore quite a few streets and even stores and buildings of the town, and have multiple paths through the city to take.

-Jill can unlock more pathways in the Subway System to new parts of the city as a form of fast travel. As you get further in the city, the Subway becomes kinda' your hub to connect all the different parts of town.

-There's a lot more side stuff you can do than RE2 or the original game, often times there's optional back-tracking the game gives you... You have a code to unlock a weapon tack in another part of town now, but do you want to trek through the city and risk facing enemies you left, or worse, Nemesis showing up while you do so? There's a lot of optional distractions, route planning and risk and reward going on here.

-Carlos is playable and has more playable sequences, but he doesn't have his own campaign. He also may show up as you go through the city as he's around looking for survivors as well. They put a lot of focus on making Carlos rough around the edges, but reliable and likable.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44423 Posts

Kind of wish they kept that as a surprise. Oh well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39646 Posts

Gonna be real annoying on Hardcore.

I do hope that there's nobody chasing you in their next installement. Not a big fan of hiding against invinsible enemies when i'm already dealing again one of two shot zombies.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

I have anxiety already... RE needs a safespace to collect yourself once in a while.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56318 Posts

I'm cool with it, but only if you're engaged with him. If you are just in there and he pops in out of nowhere, I can see that becoming very tiresome. Even if stealth and hiding isn't implemented, it's still possible to lose a chaser like Mr. X or Nemesis if you stay out of sight for a long time. It's just gonna be very difficult with Nemesis, since it can run and jump. I guess those electric generator things are there for a reason.

I'm hoping it means in higher difficulty setting, Nemesis can outright break those typewriters. I'd love to see those people's reactions who save very often, then holding on to 10+ ink ribbons with nowhere to save would be priceless lol.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm cool with it, but only if you're engaged with him. If you are just in there and he pops in out of nowhere, I can see that becoming very tiresome. Even if stealth and hiding isn't implemented, it's still possible to lose a chaser like Mr. X or Nemesis if you stay out of sight for a long time. It's just gonna be very difficult with Nemesis, since it can run and jump. I guess those electric generator things are there for a reason.

I'm hoping it means in higher difficulty setting, Nemesis can outright break those typewriters. I'd love to see those people's reactions who save very often, then holding on to 10+ ink ribbons with nowhere to save would be priceless lol.

Yeah, it would make more sense to break line of sight, or down him first and then go into a safe room than him just popping out of nowhere going "Here's Johnny!"

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Capcom has confirmed that the safe room is still safe......so nemesis breaking into safe rooms is all BS.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

It's been a long time -- too long? -- since I played the original RE3, but couldn't Nemesis bust into save rooms in that one?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

@zmanbarzel said:

It's been a long time -- too long? -- since I played the original RE3, but couldn't Nemesis bust into save rooms in that one?

Nope. Also, apparently he cannot break into safe rooms, as it was misreported. Link.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

@uninspiredcup Turns out that the Xbox mag goofed, and he can't enter safe rooms. It would have actually added some serious tension, but it would have been really shitty at the same time.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Kind of wish they kept that as a surprise. Oh well.

Exactly what i was thinking ... still, i'm sure there will be plenty of people who goes blind into this and s#t their underwear ...

Anyway, a lof ot those new features sound great ... hopefully they can properly execute them.

Edit. Nevermind ... seems that safe rooms will stay safe.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup

Jesus. That's what you get for listening to gaming journos.

Hi guys, just to confirm, Nemesis CANNOT enter safe rooms, OXM's wonderful "journalist" mistook a normal room for a safe room and Capcom confirmed he definitely won't do that
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah, it would make more sense to break line of sight, or down him first and then go into a safe room than him just popping out of nowhere going "Here's Johnny!"

I was gonna respond but seeing this is all nothing but fake, no point on worrying about this now lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

OP got himself owned by quoting Xbox magazine

That's soooooo funny :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

OP got himself owned by quoting Xbox magazine

I couldn't agree more. All I know is this thread is getting locked cause this is all fake and no point in keeping it open now that Nemesis cannot enter safe room.