Need help deciding on a current gen console SW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Debating between a Wii U and a PS4. I like the Wii U because all the games on it are awesome from Hyrule Warriors to Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2, but I've been missing a sense of community on consoles that I haven't been receiving on handheld.

I like the PS4 because of how expansive the community with games I want (Samurai Warriors 4, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Guilty Gear Xrd, Akiba's Trip, and all the other multiplats), but a good chunk of them I could play their inferior versions on consoles I already own.

If I like colorful, action (like musou and beat em up), adventure (like Zelda and Mario), and role playing games with a sense of community, which console would you think is better?

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

@SonicNextGen2: The PS4 is best used as a main plattform. It gets all relevant multiplats, the best japanese support (with exclusive franchises like Tales and Persona) like you stated and of course the exclusives from Sony themselves.

I would suggest to buy a PS4 now to use it as a main (of course if you dont want or have a capable PC) and the WiiU at the end of the gen.

I mean you will lose some of the online community on the WiiU in smash and mk8 but most nintendo games are singleplayer.

2015 should be a very good year for PS4.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

You want to deny the Goddess Bayonetta, SonicNextGen2?

Also, dat Hyrule Warriors. We Musou fellas need to stick together.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

You want to deny the Goddess Bayonetta, SonicNextGen2?

Also, dat Hyrule Warriors. We Musou fellas need to stick together.

But the PS4 will get many more musou games.

OP do you want only one console this gen or are you planning to own both at the end?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Debating between a Wii U and a PS4. I like the Wii U because all the games on it are awesome from Hyrule Warriors to Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2, but I've been missing a sense of community on consoles that I haven't been receiving on handheld.

I like the PS4 because of how expansive the community with games I want (Samurai Warriors 4, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Guilty Gear Xrd, Akiba's Trip, and all the other multiplats), but a good chunk of them I could play their inferior versions on consoles I already own.

If I like colorful, action (like musou and beat em up), adventure (like Zelda and Mario), and role playing games with a sense of community, which console would you think is better?

hmm. I think the question is this. Are you going to buy both systems eventually? Also consider we're probably on the last year or so of most games being made on last gen as well as current gen. There will certainly be a bit of odd stragglers, but we can already see some devs moving on to current gen only. Multiplats of course are most games that release as no system really makes nearly as many great exclusives. Nintendo obviously has their fair share of exclusives, though they tend to also be prone to massive droughts and of course a lack of 3rd party support that could be a problem the games dont go to last gen systems. (like AC Unity if you are a fan of that franchise) Of course, PlayStation also typically tends to get a fair bit of exclusives. (a fair bit by Japanese devs as well)

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Instead of posting this knowing it'll turn into a fanboy war. Why don't you search up the other thousand posts of people asking which system is better even though they already have an idea of what they want.

(I know its Wii U against ps4. Still a common topic.)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

You have a Vita you use a lot right? Get a PS4.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonicNextGen2

@Blabadon: Yes, why so?

@thegreatgeneral: Both eventually, no Xbone

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@SonicNextGen2 said:

I like the PS4 because of how expansive the community with games I want (Samurai Warriors 4, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Guilty Gear Xrd, Akiba's Trip, and all the other multiplats)

if you are gonna buy a PS4 for that, please dont buy a PS4 at all.

But in all honesty, it seems it would be better for to get a WiiU now and get a PS4 about this time next year

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SonicNextGen2

@Nengo_Flow: But I like those games a lot :D
I mean besides Infamous Second Son and indies, the console really doesn't have much.

And those games have awesome communities which the PS4 seems to utilize. I think I might just get a Wii U now.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

if you just have 1 console get the ps4, wii u is a great secondary console.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'll be frank with you.

The PS4 is a better buy because you'll be getting 10x the support the WiiU is getting. If you wait a year or so more for the WiiU it will start being worth it because of eventual Price Drops and by that time You'll have access to loads of WiiU exclusives you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.

But like I said the PS4 is actually the better buy.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

my recomendation...wait until batman comes out in 2015

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I say Wii u at this point. I recommend the following:

• Monster hunter tri ultimate
  • Hyrule warriors
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Deus ex
  • Mario kart
  • Smash bros
  • Wonderfull 101
  • Pikmin 3
  • Legend of zelda wind waker

There are some awesome virtual console games if you like mega man ect. There is many good indie games like shovel knight, steam world dig ect. It is also backwards compatible with Wii games so if you haven't had a Wii last gen there is plenty to play.

Ps4 is a good buy but they will most likely have a revision down the line with 3x the HDD space at a lower price. Plus all the games you want will go down in price and Nintendo games never go down in price, so you might as well get the Wii u first.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

WiiU has the best games now and probably the better upcoming games. However the future of the WiiU still hangs in the balance while the PS4 looks like it will be around for a while, despite its weak library. You are much better off saving up for a PC if you can.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

As of now I gonna have to say get a Wiiu.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Xbox One of course. It actually has games.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

It's up to you. Wii U may not have 3rd party support, but it has lots of 1st party exclusives, Virtual Console games, E-Shop games and indie titles. Plus you'd have a huge backlog of Wii games. (If your interested in them) It also has quite a bit coming out next year. Nearly 20 exclusive games so far. (Retail)

PS4 doesn't have much besides "remastered" last gen games and indies. However, it has the strong 3rd party support. While it has the support, most of the big games won't be coming out until 2015. The games out now will probably go down in price around this time next year. And we may see some more bundles and maybe a price drop.

Once again, It's up to you. Depends on what games you want to play more.

Wii U is $300. PS4 is $400. It's possible to find them for cheaper, if you look in the right places. Good luck! =P

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I have both a WiiU and PS4. PS4 is slow out of the gate with games and Nintendo is just hitting their stride.

If I were you I'd go with the PS4. Nintendo has some seriously long droughts and not everything they release appeals to everybody. The PS4 will have a bigger variety once the system has been out for a while. At the rate games are coming to PS4 this fall and spring Sony should surpass the WiiU in no time.

I'd wait and get a WiiU later once it's library is sufficient. By then it will probably have a price drop or two.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@SonicNextGen2: Cross buy, cross play, cross save, and Remote Play.

It's what convinced me to buy one.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I own both and as of right now, only Wii U is providing with exclusive games. Everything on PS4 right now except Second Son is attainable elsewhere.

Right now and through 2014: Wii U

Long term investment: PS4

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The Wii U is definitely by far the best next gen console to own right now.

I'd rank PS4 as the worst next gen console to own at the moment since the only thing good on PS4 right now and for the rest of the year are some indie games and remastered last gen games. However, the PS4 probably has a brighter future than the Wii U and is going to start getting some great games in 2015.

Personally, I would recommend that you buy all three next gen consoles if you have the money, so that way you do not miss out on anything. Each one of them offers something great and if gaming is one of your favorite hobbies then it is worth the investment to own them all.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Do what I did and get both. That way, you won't miss out on any of the games you want. I know it's expensive to own all consoles, but dammit, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Xbox One of course. It actually has games.

huh?