Need for Speed, X1 vs. PS4 comparison vid.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -
#2 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

How can you tell anything from a terrible video? I mean it's not even a side by side.

#3 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

Looks pretty much identical going of that vid which makes a change. Awful comparison though, using different scenes, even different car colours, the compression and video quality is bad and even different cars are used which was stupid.

Hope somewhere decent does a comparison.

#4 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

I had to claim it looked better first. It is a ancient tactic adapted from the cows.

Yes they look close, by the way.

#5 Edited by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

Foxbatalpha, this is for you. You're a TOTAL LOSER!!!

#6 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

They really need the following before any meaningful comparison can be made.

A) Not be on IGN's shite video player.

B) Show the same footage from both versions.

#7 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

Terrible comparison. Since it uses Frostbite ,i'm betting xbone is not 1080p.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (39140 posts) -

These racing games need to have destructible environment. If you ran into a house it would just crumble, and you could see a family watching TV.

They would be like "dafuq!"

#9 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

Foxbatalpha, this is for you. You're a TOTAL LOSER!!!

Explain. I thought me and you have been through so much together, Cir89438759387432908329132814327198.

#10 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

oohh Betting wars.

I bet most people will be raging after playing KZ. seeing all the fog and pop in.

I bet the PS4 is gonna overheat and redline

I bet this is pissing you off.

#11 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
#12 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -
#13 Posted by clyde46 (44889 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

oohh Betting wars.

I bet most people will be raging after playing KZ. seeing all the fog and pop in.

He's paying $100 less and getting a more powerful console. How could he be mad?

#14 Posted by danlevm (180 posts) -

I won't be getting this game

#15 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: they both look current gen.

I think Burnout 3 had better crash animations.

the best. second funnest racing game behind mario kart. racing sims aren't fun.

#16 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@killzowned24 said:

oohh Betting wars.

His actions speak volumes. Watch how you say more powerful console. Sony never said this. Only a dev that sweeps the floor part time came out with this (and similar).

So yeah, he mad.

#17 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kingoflife9 said:

I think Burnout 3 had better crash animations.

the best. second funnest racing game behind mario kart. racing sims aren't fun.

I remember I was afraid to drive after playing Burnout. Those crashes got ya thinking.

#18 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

This was one of the worst comparison videos I've seen. They looked nearly identical with the exception of the Xone showing off a few more effects and the PS4 with an obviously "cool" color setting. The PS4's res looked strange in the last part...like stretched aspect ratio.

#19 Edited by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

Why do they compare them at different times of the day and different weather.... Clearly in the beginning the ps4 is Cloudy rainy overcast and the xbone is sunny..... Get it together ign

#20 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Not getting this either.

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

PS4 version looked better, but not by much.

#22 Edited by Couth_ (10013 posts) -

This game is going to look glorious in 1440p, 120hz.. WTF @ a racing game @ 30 frames per second wtf.. Especially one based on a need for SPEED. What a lie.. Class action lawsuit incoming i reckon

#23 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2525 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@killzowned24 said:

oohh Betting wars.

His actions speak volumes. Watch how you say more powerful console. Sony never said this. Only a dev that sweeps the floor part time came out with this (and similar).

So yeah, he mad.

What? Sony mentions that they built "the worlds most powerful console" every time they had a conference for the thing and when they go on shows like Jimmy Fallon. You are really not good at being a troll.

#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5767 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Wi4jw9YzA

Both running in 1080p@ 30fps. I guess all that PS4 powa is coming later down the road.

X1............................................................looks better.

We get it, you're an Xbox fanboy.

Stop making "XB1 is better than PS4" threads every 5 minutes.

#25 Edited by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

Xbox One is amazing. PS4........ Not so much.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (8460 posts) -

Clearly, the color and saturation settings on the cars were set differently. This is an utter shit comparison video when whomever made the video obviously set the PS4 cars to look more drab.

Shennanigans, and the thumbnail shows it on Youtube LOL

#27 Edited by silversix_ (14066 posts) -

The game will run in 720p on X1 don't worry the announcement is coming. Who cares about resolution right? its about the gamezzz yo. 720p is still very enjoyable in 2013 trololol.

#28 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I remember when lems actually knew how to troll. It's a sad state of things when your average lem troll is a clown like the OP.

#29 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I remember when lems actually knew how to troll. It's a sad state of things when your average lem troll is a clown like the OP.

As compared to the average cow who's only rebuttal is cry moar, umad or butthurt. A lem troll is like a clown, a cow troll is like a kid with down syndrome.

#30 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

damn the upset camp sure is angry lol.

#31 Edited by blackace (20265 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

They both look like PS2 games. That's one game I won't be buying. There are PS3 and XBox 360 games that look better then this crap.

#32 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -

I'm on the fence about this game. I got a chance to play their last game and it was pretty good. I'll probably wait for a price drop, unless I can get it in Target's B2G1 sale next week. For the PS4 obviously where I'm buying all 3rd party console games this gen.

#33 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

i must say that i did not expect this big of a difference. that's another inferior multiplat for the ps4. :(

#34 Edited by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

i must say that i did not expect this big of a difference. that's another inferior multiplat for the ps4. :(

#35 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

Both versions look like caca.

#36 Edited by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

I just watched a video a couple of days ago where a dev for this game said they were running 1080p on X1. Nex-gen versions look identical, just like the sports games. No ownage here

#37 Edited by lamprey263 (23130 posts) -

look the same to me, seems rather silly to compare them, if they should be compared to anything it should be the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions and I'm guessing those look equally comparable to their next gen versions

#38 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Clearly, the color and saturation settings on the cars were set differently. This is an utter shit comparison video when whomever made the video obviously set the PS4 cars to look more drab.

A rumor gets spread on Neogaf by an idiot like famousmortimer

Cows: 100% legit, must be true

Someone does a comparison video, visual evidence, PS4 gets the short stick

Cows: It's rigged, fake, 100% false

Cows are and always will be the special ed class of the internet.

#39 Edited by Shewgenja (8460 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Shewgenja said:

$400

1.8 TFLops

1080p

Best short bus evar!

#40 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

When games seem to be exact like this, for some reason the Xbox versions always seem to have a little more texture detail and lighting. It's been like this since multi-plats started between the X360 & PS3. It has to be something that the Xbox does differently because after all these years, I refuse to believe it's the reviewers settings on TV's or the way it's captured. As a matter a fact, I just went back and forth between AC Brotherhood on my X360 and AC3 PS3 on my new calibrated 60" Panasonic Plasma and right away I can see the X360 AC "pops" more. But then I can go play Uncharted 2 and the colors are vibrant and detailed. Something is up when it comes to multi-plats IMO.

#41 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Shewgenja said:

$400

1.8 TFLops

1080p

Best short bus evar!

I'll just add one more.

failing every graphics comparison so far.

#42 Edited by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

Both running in 1080p@ 30fps. I guess all that PS4 powa is coming later down the road.

If there both 1080p@ 30fps why does the ps 4 need to catch up latter down the road?

Also with the crappy video how can you tell which looks better you defy all logic....

#43 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If there both 1080p@ 30fps why does the ps 4 need to catch up latter down the road?

Also with the crappy video how can you tell which looks better you defy all logic....

later down the road as in I don't see the 50% power difference that some people are claiming. I don't see it because its not there.

#44 Posted by clyde46 (44889 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Shewgenja said:

That thumbnail is fail. Just look at the difference in the colour sliders!

#45 Edited by handssss (1821 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Shewgenja said:

confirmed industry insider with a proven track record vs a sloppy comparison with different settings for the 2 games.

Yeah... your case sucks as usual.

#46 Posted by iambatman7986 (394 posts) -

Hard to really compare when they aren't at the same part of the track, time of day seems different and the car colors are different. Altogether on the graphics side, they seem to look about the same. See to have the details. I'll wait for a better comparison video though.

#47 Posted by Liquid_ (2439 posts) -

OP spending 100$ more for an inferior system whose company can ban him anytime they want. This video just shows crappy graphics from both systems. The game is clearly not taking advantage of that next gen hardware

#48 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha:

You have a girl in your sig giving everyone the bird. You are a total loser and anything you say is wrong and meaningless.

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

You have a girl in your sig giving everyone the bird. You are a total loser and anything you say is wrong and meaningless.

Hey but it pissed you off though. Thank you for the accurate description of my sig back to me. I forgot what I looked like. Cheer up bud.

#50 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Hey but it pissed you off though. Thank you for the accurate description of my sig back to me. I forgot what I looked like. Cheer up bud.

No, how about you be decent and get rid of that crappy sig. Why do you feel it necessary to be an jerk?! I'm happy and fine. You are not if you feel you have to have a sig giving people the bird. Wise up!