Nearly 6 hours later; I am still not playing Forza 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JoPython52 (24 posts) -

I started my digital download at 5:30 pm and it is now at 87 percent at 11:30 pm, Wow, i sure hope this is just the launch blues because i would hate to think this is the digital future MS had envisioned for everyone. I also notice that the Xbox One stacks downloads in queues, one download finishes, then another starts. My PS4 was able to download multiple things at the same time. Am i missing something?

#2 Posted by Bishop1310 (792 posts) -

This is why physical media will always be needed. A digital world just isn't ready for consoles yet.. These games are too big and we don't have the internet speeds to support digital... yet

#3 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6727 posts) -

Lmao, should have just gotten Forza 2 anyway. More content!

#4 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13467 posts) -

Would make more sense if we all had Google Fiber and 2 Terabyte hard drives.

#5 Edited by PCGamingIsOver (195 posts) -

The Xbone is a last-gen console. The point of new iteration of consoles is to improve features and eliminate problems from previous consoles. The Xbone solves almost none of the problems of the previous consoles: Long install times, 720p resolution, can't play while installing, no x-game chat.

The Xbone is rip-off for any gamer.

P.S. The Forza series is trash just like the Halo series.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (40600 posts) -

IT's probably worth the wait since the disk drives are a crap shoot.

#7 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42253 posts) -

The Xbone is a last-gen console. The point of new iteration of consoles is to improve features and eliminate problems from previous consoles. The Xbone solves almost none of the problems of the previous consoles: Long install times, 720p resolution, can't play while installing, no x-game chat.

You're trying too hard.

#8 Edited by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

Meh, it's your own fault for buying the digital version

#9 Posted by Shewgenja (6937 posts) -

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD! Can you feel it?!

#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9460 posts) -

@jopython52: the mandatory 6 gig install for me took less than 30 minutes. strange yours is taking so long

Whats your download speed?

@senses_fail_06 said:

Lmao, should have just gotten Forza 2 anyway. More content!

Forza 5 is pretty damn phenomenal, the driving model alone is leagues above what 360 versions had. The tire physics and suspension work Turn 10 did has paid off exponentially

#11 Posted by mems_1224 (44807 posts) -

Sucks to be you bro. Stop using Net Zero trial codes and get some real internet.

#12 Posted by tsgamer82 (9 posts) -

@senses_fail_06:

Lmao dat 9/10 though, As great as forza is, its just so boring after the first hour.

#13 Posted by Basinboy (10683 posts) -

So you now kinda get why there were so many people freaking out?

#14 Edited by JoPython52 (24 posts) -

Well, i was able to start playing at 12:30 am. The game looks great. Killer Instinct and the Kinect Sports demo loaded up quickly after that. I dont plan on buying too many games for Xbox One, and hopefully the games i do buy will download much faster. If not, i quess i will just have to wait it out. I am fully committed to all digital for this generation.

#15 Posted by Redick_is_Magic (1777 posts) -

does it really not have cross game chat? i never really looked into it because i just assumed it would...

#16 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3933 posts) -

@PCGamingIsOver said:

does it really not have cross game chat? i never really looked into it because i just assumed it would...

There was something weird done to xbl parties/invites and stuff not working, might be the culprit.

#17 Posted by I_can_haz (5734 posts) -

b..bu...bu but MS said that the digital future is here with teh cloudz.

#18 Posted by remiks00 (1087 posts) -

No cross game chat? Can someone provide a link with proof thats it's not there. Because I'm unable find anything about it...

#19 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

So the PS4 can download multiple games at once at at your maximum speed for each?

#20 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23418 posts) -

It's a 35 gigabyte file OP. The whole point of the background downloading is that you download and then do something else. You dont sit at wait for 35 GIGABYTES to download.

Surely common sense would have told you in advance that a 35 gig file would take a hefty amount of time to download?

#21 Posted by Caseytappy (2096 posts) -

Try broadband instead of 56K, it might make a difference !

#22 Posted by MGS2007 (102 posts) -

Told you DD was pointless with american shitty download speeds. Thanks cable companies. Also buy you're games on disc, protect you're rights.

#23 Posted by _Matt_ (8413 posts) -

Sooo that was downloading at 1.62 MB per second.... Your Internet is rubbish!

#24 Edited by PS360Wii4eva (291 posts) -

To be honest the SHARING & BACKGROUND DOWNLOADING on PS4 is innovative and will only get better in the future.

To those saying ps4 = ps3.5

#25 Edited by dommeus (8974 posts) -

I dont plan on buying too many games for Xbox One

I don't...why...why would you buy a console at launch, when the hardware has yet to be proven and the games have yet to come out, at full price I might add, on the pretense of not buying many games for it?

#26 Edited by RimacBugatti (1065 posts) -

I purchased both but it sounds like Sony will win the console war this gen. :)

#27 Posted by foxhound_fox (85368 posts) -

Lol downloading a multi-gigabyte game on launch day.

Your own fault.

#28 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4969 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

IT's probably worth the wait since the disk drives are a crap shoot.

LOL true.

#29 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

I had Forza 5, KI, and FIFA all downloaded and playing within a couple of hours or so. Get better internet.

#30 Posted by Telekill (3948 posts) -

This is why I buy physical copies. I can't imagine downloading Killzone @ 45GBs and having it be quick.

#31 Posted by XenoLair (4753 posts) -

Really cant beat physical distribution. The next logical step would be to include digital copies with every physical boxed one so if one doesn't work - there's another backup.

#32 Edited by HadOne2Many (1053 posts) -

I got Forza on disc, and the extra content still took me a few hours to download last night. I have a decent 20 Mbps download speed too. I was able to play while it was downloading though. Probably just the servers getting hammered for launch

#33 Posted by 3SidedSquare (297 posts) -

Microsoft:

>Wanted their platform to be all digital.

>Gives consumers 500GB HDD w/ no option of replacing it.

#34 Edited by hoosier7 (3303 posts) -

Raises questions about the PC ports in the future if games get larger, Steam's pretty good at the moment but i don't fancy 30GB installs if i can't put my PC into sleep mode like i can a PS4.

Can you play games whilst downloading on PS4 too?

#35 Posted by sukraj (20629 posts) -

Try broadband instead of 56K, it might make a difference !

ha ha I lolled lol

#36 Posted by casharmy (6754 posts) -

it's a huge file, I don't think it's the fault of xbone. Anything that size takes a bit of time to DL

#37 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

So.............................. are you finally playing yet? lol

#38 Edited by MBirdy88 (6300 posts) -

Why did you get the digital version if your internet sucks? sounds like a user-brain-error more than anything.

#39 Posted by clr84651 (4848 posts) -

I started my digital download at 5:30 pm and it is now at 87 percent at 11:30 pm, Wow, i sure hope this is just the launch blues because i would hate to think this is the digital future MS had envisioned for everyone. I also notice that the Xbox One stacks downloads in queues, one download finishes, then another starts. My PS4 was able to download multiple things at the same time. Am i missing something?

Nope, you're correct. PS4 downloads all games in downloads list at the same time & does it faster than X1. X1 downloads 1 at a time and does it slower than a PS4 downloading 3 at once.

This is the greatness of GDDR 5 RAM. The memory kicks butt and allows for everything to work fast.

#40 Edited by radoman (294 posts) -

I have fast internet and will pick digital every time if the prices are comparable.

#41 Posted by kitty (113985 posts) -

Would make more sense if we all had Google Fiber and 2 Terabyte hard drives.

I don't need fiber. I already download things over 16 MB/s

I do hope the console dl speeds are increased this time around.

#42 Posted by shellcase86 (1704 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

Nope, you're correct. PS4 downloads all games in downloads list at the same time & does it faster than X1. X1 downloads 1 at a time and does it slower than a PS4 downloading 3 at once.

This is the greatness of GDDR 5 RAM. The memory kicks butt and allows for everything to work fast.

That's refreshing. DL'ing on PS3 was hit or miss (mostly hit). Glad they've address this.

#43 Posted by Phazevariance (10846 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

That's refreshing. DL'ing on PS3 was hit or miss (mostly hit). Glad they've address this.

Bwahahaha, you honestly think the GDDR5 ram is responsible in anyway for the network speed? hahah, no. Forza is a big game, and their servers are hammered on launch day. It's totally possible for PS4 to download faster but it has ZERO to do with the ram. The speed of a network download is way way waaaaay slower than the speed even DDR2 ram can transfer information. Uninformed poster is uninformed.

#44 Edited by clr84651 (4848 posts) -

@Phazevariance said:

@shellcase86 said:

@clr84651 said:

Bwahahaha, you honestly think the GDDR5 ram is responsible in anyway for the network speed? hahah, no. Forza is a big game, and their servers are hammered on launch day. It's totally possible for PS4 to download faster but it has ZERO to do with the ram. The speed of a network download is way way waaaaay slower than the speed even DDR2 ram can transfer information. Uninformed poster is uninformed.

Better memory helps the PS4 be faster at many things. PSN is way faster on PS4 than on PS3, the games run way faster. Yes memory and GPU work to speed things up. I know it's hard for you to understand. The network also needs to be fast. The PS4 downloads many things at the same time. The X1 downloads 1 thing at a time.

It's called file swapping and it occurs when things are downloading to the HDD. The better RAM and more RAM there is makes the file swapping faster and thus easier to download multiple things faster on PS4 with GDDR 5 RAM vs GDDR 3 RAM. Plus X1 is running more things at once while downloading games than PS4 does.

#45 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1141 posts) -

Huge file, plus mediocre internet= You're going to be waiting awhile.

#46 Posted by Couth_ (9692 posts) -

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD! Can you feel it?!

I feeeeeeel it all in my plums

#47 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4045 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@jopython52 said:

I dont plan on buying too many games for Xbox One

I don't...why...why would you buy a console at launch, when the hardware has yet to be proven and the games have yet to come out, at full price I might add, on the pretense of not buying many games for it?

thats the first thing i thought too

#48 Edited by rrjim1 (778 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@jopython52 said:

Sure it does, only a 2 year old would believe that.

#49 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5571 posts) -

I got the digital version as well, you can start playing the game at around 20-30%... while you play the game may at times may tell you that a part of the game has not been installed yet. I'm pretty sure my game took 6 hours or more to install. So download speeds are not the fastest atm with the x1 if you are downloading digital games.