Naughty Dog: Sticking to 1080/60FPS

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

User Lists: 0

#52 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Quality Devs indeed.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@miiiiv said:

They didn't hit stable 60 fps with TLOUre but 60 fps with some minor dips is still much better than locked 30 fps. But I think ND will target 30 fps and better graphics (as they have been doing most of the time) for the majority of their upcoming games despite what they are saying now.

I don't know about that. With all this 60fps talk and "30fps just feels broken" by Naughty Dog, I'm guessing 60fps for UC4. And the supposed trailer for UC4 running at 1080p 60fps too "on a PlayStation 4", also with the ND character model presentation for UC4 with Nathan Drake looking identicle in quality to the trailer, I just don't see them overhauling lower quality assets and things after showing multiple images of the character model. The game will likely be similar to the trailer visuals (the character model already is). In fact, I bet the day time jungle visuals look even better.

Too many multiplat devs have being letting you down on these new consoles so it's got everybody wary. Ubisoft have to deal with multiple platforms and corparations. They can't be platform specific. Hence the downgrade to WD even on PC. It's Naughty Dogs job to show what this generation of hardware can offer to it's fullest potential. And the API in these consoles have a lot of maturing to do anyway.

Maybe ND will stick to 60 fps on uncharted 4 but I think most of their ps4 games will be 30 fps. Mainly because better graphics sell more games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

For many months I have said Crysis 3 looks better. People showed doubt, contempt.

Once again, reality has proven me correct.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

They couldn't hit that with a port of a last gen game.

No graphical showcase game is going to hit 1080p with 60fps on consoles.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Oh, maybe then they can join the ranks of Forza 5 as the "other" exclusive that is running 1080p/60fps.

bro, I like forza and xbox but racing games are not the same as action adventure. In a racing game the only thing thats moving is the road.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

But 20-30 fps is more cinematic. I want movie quality.