Naughty Dog really set the bar for console character models.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by RyviusARC (4638 posts) -

Kratos shats on Psycho's model.  gpuking

#152 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Kratos shats on Psycho's model.RyviusARC

PC is not a console. And I know this doesn't look as good, but it comes pretty close.

dw5poy.jpg

#153 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

*good screenshot of Uncharted 3* bullshot

*terrible screenshot of Uncharted 3* exactly what the game looks like. this is equal to your logic.

You're a complete idiot that do a terrible job at hating Uncharted.

Anway, those are direct grab idiot. Play the game first for the love of God.

happyduds77

Direct feed should be in 720p, no?

Scaled down to fit the screen.

Then it's no longer directfeed.

#154 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.   And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.rjdofu
Ewwww bullshots.

Hey the face in the two pics looks drastically different, magic perhaps?

And also since we are even included fixed camera games and cutscenes CGI etc, why not bring Fight Night Champions?;)

#155 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"][QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

Direct feed should be in 720p, no?

zeeshanhaider

Scaled down to fit the screen.

Say what?
#156 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.   And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.zeeshanhaider

Ewwww bullshots.

And also since we are even included fixed camera games and cutscenes CGI etc, why not bring Fight Night Champions?;)

Deh **** both look the same. And CGI cutscenes? where?

#157 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] Scaled down to fit the screen.happyduds77

Say what?

Once you reduce the resolution, you effectively hiding many of the flaws present if the image.

#158 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Ewwww bullshots.happyduds77

You seriously can't notice all the fine details on the face of the first pic missing from the second pic? Hell the texture is entirely different on these two models. Just see the wound on the left cheek in first image, see how big it is, then notice in second pic it's missing. Magic? Oh and you didn't respond about Fight Night Champions? Or the model of Hera in GoW?

#159 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

zeeshanhaider

Say what?

Once you reduce the resolution, you effectively hiding many of the flaws present if the image.

Then drag the images, to a new tab and see'em in full screen.

#160 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

zeeshanhaider

You seriously can't notice all the fine details on the face of the first pic missing from the second pic? Hell the texture is entirely different on these two models. Just see the wound on the left cheek in first image, see how big it is, then notice in second pic it's missing. Magic? Oh and you didn't respond about Fight Night Champions? Or the model of Hera in GoW?

Yep they look the same. Kratos was imprisoned by a fury in the first image, she was beating the hell out of him. The second image is from a different section. And Hera, what about her?

Hera,_diosa_del_matrimonio.jpg

Fight for Champions wouldnt be fair. But just to make you happy they are one of the greatest models, regardless of platform

#161 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]Deh **** both look the same. And CGI cutscenes? where?

happyduds77

Yep they look the same, unless you are talking about wounds on his right cheek on the first image. Kratos was imprisoned by a fury in the first image, she was beating the hell out of him.

Yeah, right cheek actually. In any case the models are not the same. In the second pic he is free, right? So the wound magically disappears? Of course I know the usual technique of covering the character with blood and then after some time it just wears off, but in those two pic this is not what is happening.

#162 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

zeeshanhaider

Yep they look the same, unless you are talking about wounds on his right cheek on the first image. Kratos was imprisoned by a fury in the first image, she was beating the hell out of him.

Yeah, right cheek actually. In any case the models are not the same. In the second pic he is free, right? So the wound magically disappears? Of course I know the usual technique of covering the character with blood and then after some time it just wears off, but in those two pic this is not what is happening.

Again the second image is from a totally different section. Not even the same chapter.
#163 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

I'm playing UC3 atm and i gotta say the character models in cutscenes are definitely up there with Halo 4's models, though Halo 4 has the edge...

#164 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

I'm playing UC3 atm and i gotta say the character models in cutscenes are definitely up there with Halo 4's models, though Halo 4 has the edge...

Snugenz
Hardly think so.
#165 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

happyduds77

Hardly think so.

Unless my eyes decieve me i know so.

#166 Posted by themajormayor (25918 posts) -

No Killzone 3

#167 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Hardly think so.

This is what we are talking about, my friend.

amarectv201111290005298.jpg

XDBou.png

#168 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] Hardly think so.happyduds77

No that's what you're talking about, i'm talking about playing both games on the same TV.

Who can make a good judgement on one or two cherry picked images of both games...

#169 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] Hardly think so.happyduds77

XDBou.png

They both look like sh!t. Congratulations?

#170 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

DragonfireXZ95

XDBou.png

They both look like sh!t. Congratulations?

Thank you, thank you.
#171 Posted by KarateeeChop (4662 posts) -

looks pretty average tbh 

Uncharted3BeforeAfter.jpg

#172 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

looks pretty average tbh 

KarateeeChop

amarectv201201022052137.jpg

#173 Posted by princeofshapeir (14425 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

looks pretty average tbh 

happyduds77

lol please, I'm playing UC3 and I can assure you those bullshots don't look at all like the actual game. Karatee's "after" picture is the most accurate representation of how the game ACTUALLY looks.
#174 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

looks pretty average tbh 

happyduds77

:P Owned.

:cool: SDC

#175 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

looks pretty average tbh 

princeofshapeir

lol please, I'm playing UC3 and I can assure you those bullshots don't look at all like the actual game. Karatee's "after" picture is the most accurate representation of how the game ACTUALLY looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N0FNpHa8dPg#t=131s

I am guessing you are gonna call this a "bullshot" video, even though it's from YouTube, on top of that You-Tube even can't do resolution, colors, alaising, and frame rates right.

#176 Posted by strangeisland (1151 posts) -

not really into the matte plastic look

planning%20sully.jpg

35ivl6u.jpg

#177 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

looks pretty average tbh 

happyduds77

Owned to hell andb back. Its funny when idiot lems use that picture not knowing its fake..

NOTE TO LEMMINGS: You fail.

#178 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

planning%20sully.jpg

35ivl6u.jpg

strangeisland
Once again, I am talking about CONSOLES!!! PC has the better hardware which automatically makes it the winner. BUT I am comparing CONSOLE character models.
#179 Posted by strangeisland (1151 posts) -

[QUOTE="strangeisland"]

35ivl6u.jpg

happyduds77

Once again, I am talking about CONSOLES!!! PC has the better hardware which automatically makes it the winner. BUT I am comparing CONSOLE character models.

pretty sure the above picture is the 360 version

this is pc

ed76dff6_ScreenShot0001.jpeg

#180 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"][QUOTE="strangeisland"]

35ivl6u.jpg

strangeisland

pretty sure the above picture is the 360 version

this is pc

ed76dff6_ScreenShot0001.jpeg

That is indeed on Xbox 360. That's a pretty great achievement. Better than the Uncharted ones I posted. But it still has been three and a half years to exceed Uncharted 2's character models.
#181 Posted by KarateeeChop (4662 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

looks pretty average tbh 

Douevenlift_bro

Owned to hell andb back. Its funny when idiot lems use that picture not knowing its fake..

just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's fake.

uncharted e3

uncharted real game 

damn that's a massive downgrade. i wonder if tlou will suffer the same fate. :(

#182 Posted by princeofshapeir (14425 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="happyduds77"]

happyduds77

I am guessing you are gonna call this a "bullshot" video, even though it's from YouTube, on top of that You-Tube even can't do resolution, colors, alaising, and frame rates right.

You're telling me that YouTube's compression of videos isn't something I can point out? I challenge you to provide raw feed of Uncharted 3, because unless my 60'' HDTV (which is capable of 3D, by the way) is really just a piece of s*it, I can recall that same exact cutscene being plagued by jaggies, poor lighting, and flat textures. As a PC gamer I wasn't impressed by UC3's technical graphics.
#183 Posted by princeofshapeir (14425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

KarateeeChop

uncharted e3

uncharted real game 

I'd say this is definitive ownage.
#184 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -
[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] lol please, I'm playing UC3 and I can assure you those bullshots don't look at all like the actual game. Karatee's "after" picture is the most accurate representation of how the game ACTUALLY looks. princeofshapeir

You're telling me that YouTube's compression of videos isn't something I can point out? I challenge you to provide raw feed of Uncharted 3, because unless my 60'' HDTV (which is capable of 3D, by the way) is really just a piece of s*it, I can recall that same exact cutscene being plagued by jaggies, poor lighting, and flat textures. As a PC gamer I wasn't impressed by UC3's technical graphics.

You don't have Uncharted 3, I know it. You are just here to prove me wrong, which you are doing a poor job at by the way. Try harder. Post your own shots and show me how Uncharted 3 looks like on your TV...oh wait you don't have Uncharted 3. Poor you.
#185 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3144 posts) -
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"] Just look at the image resolution>1280x544 :lol:gpuking
Again as he explained, there is a difference in rendering. The rendering imagine output/imagine quality is no different then 720p. The game is 720p, and even still ill regardless, all cutscenes outside the beginning and end are all real time. Unfortunately you can't say the same for a quite a bit of UC's cut scenes.

Actually the game in fact renders the cutscene at subhd 1280x544 confirmed by Beyond3d. And that's a very low res subHD may I add.

The actual pixel density within that frame is the same as 720p, that is why you see no loss to image quality in terms of aliasing, etc. Yes it is letter-boxed, that does require rendering less of the overall frame however image quality within the letterbox does not deteriorate. Think you misunderstood it. Either way, it's top tear quality stuff for consoles. Kratos is well textured(2048 size on considerable parts..nice!), but there are characters with more polys then him(Drake, Master Chief, etc)...it obvious at certain angles. (the edge points) Give and take, he certainty is nice to look at. (in platonic don't bash my skull in kind of way)
#186 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

KarateeeChop

uncharted e3

uncharted real game 

Massive upgrade

U3-Screen.jpgamarectv201111011548432.jpg

#187 Posted by SentientMind (359 posts) -

Naughty Dog definitely did a great job with their games. I am always surprised by how far UC3 and KZ3 pushed the PS3 visually. Still, it doesn't compare to Crysis 3

#188 Posted by AM-Gamer (4123 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="SuperNovaftw"]

The Witcher 2 on Xbox360 looks better.

faizan_faizan

Post shots please

The ones you posted are bullshots The actual game looks nothing like that.

Do you own a PS3?  If so what do you play it on? I realize my tv is more expensive thent the average persons but UC3 looks everybit as good as those shots .  Im tired of you spreading nonsense.  

#189 Posted by AM-Gamer (4123 posts) -

I honestly think GOW has some of the best models this gen, Kratos model is king in my opinion. 

#190 Posted by AM-Gamer (4123 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]Owned to hell andb back. Its funny when idiot lems use that picture not knowing its fake..

princeofshapeir

uncharted e3

uncharted real game 

You compare ingame cutscenes vs pre-rendered UC3 features both.  If you would have played the game you would have known that.  There is no downgrade the game features both kinds of scenes. 

#191 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

AM-Gamer

You compare ingame cutscenes vs pre-rendered UC3 features both.  If you would have played the game you would have known that.  There is no downgrade the game features both kinds of scenes. 

The in-game models comes extremely close to the prerendered cutscenes in my opinion. Here is a comparison to give you an example.

In-game

avermediacenter20120113.png

Cutscene

amarectv201111070009165.jpg

#192 Posted by happyduds77 (1534 posts) -

I honestly think GOW has some of the best models this gen, Kratos model is king in my opinion. 

AM-Gamer

tie between Uncharted and God Of War

gow3_img004.jpgavermediacenter20020103.jpg

#193 Posted by Pray_to_me (2921 posts) -

Good job to all my soldiers body slamming these brain dead Lemmings back into reality. Earth to Lemmings: When it comes to graphics your little bootleg piece of Walmart trash cannot compete. Besta go play some Kinectimals and know your role. 

Oh and those of you spaming pics of that 7.0 FLOP crysis 3 cutscene like it's supposed to be impressive need to get a grip. You think because you can see a couple blackheads on bald dudes face it's impressive? Think again. 

04b3eb31fb7093orig.jpg

Give me a ring when you've got something PS3 exclusives haven't been doing since 2009.

So Lemmings (and all you fake Hermits who are Lemmings but are too ashamed to admit it) here's what I want you to do: First I want you to cry; just let that butthurt surge through your body and let it all out. Make sure you put a pillow over your face so your mommy doesn't hear your violent spasms of anguish and remorse. Then after you're done I want you to go out and collect some cans, cuz you know you're got that Xbox live bill coming up. Then when you're done with that I want you to sit in your corner and contemplate all the misery and embarrassment you've caused  your friends and familiy by choosing that joke of a console. Then after all this is finished you can allow yourself 15 minutes of playtime on Sesame Street Kinect. You got that? Good now get to work. 

#194 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

happyduds77

tie between Uncharted and God Of War

gow3_img004.jpgavermediacenter20020103.jpg

And with only 256mb of vram.PS4 will be amazing!!!

#195 Posted by super600 (30819 posts) -

Good job to all my soldiers body slamming these brain dead Lemmings back into reality. Earth to Lemmings: When it comes to graphics your little bootleg piece of Walmart trash cannot compete. Besta go play some Kinectimals and know your role. 

Oh and those of you spaming pics of that 7.0 FLOP crysis 3 cutscene like it's supposed to be impressive need to get a grip. You think because you can see a couple blackheads on bald dudes face it's impressive? Think again. 

04b3eb31fb7093orig.jpg

Give me a ring when you've got something PS3 exclusives haven't been doing since 2009.

So Lemmings (and all you fake Hermits who are Lemmings but are too ashamed to admit it) here's what I want you to do: First I want you to cry; just let that butthurt surge through your body and let it all out. Make sure you put a pillow over your face so your mommy doesn't hear your violent spasms of anguish and remorse. Then after you're done I want you to go out and collect some cans, cuz you know you're got that Xbox live bill coming up. Then when you're done with that I want you to sit in your corner and contemplate all the misery and embarrassment you've caused  your friends and familiy by choosing that joke of a console. Then after all this is finished you can allow yourself 15 minutes of playtime on Sesame Street Kinect. You got that? Good now get to work. 

Pray_to_me

So cows are trying are trying tp find dumb reasons to not include games that may have better looking characters than their game like using scores and declaring a game's cutscenes sub hD.Literally all the characters in halo 4 look about as detailed as Kratos if you have played the game.

#196 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

Pray_to_me

Meltdown :lol:

shannon-sharpe-meltdown-o.gif

There there, you'll be fine lad you tell them bullies !!

#197 Posted by Stringerboy (7144 posts) -

04b3eb31fb7093orig.jpg

Pray_to_me

Seems-Like-Your-Jimmies-Are-Rustled-.png.

#198 Posted by Tontus123 (3 posts) -
zeeshanhaider: Fixed camera has its advantages, no? Not a single God of War game has fixed camera angles, they have automated cameras. Do you not understand the difference between a dynamic camera and a camera that only changes when you run off-screen? Idiot. And also the developers have said before that automated cameras don't help make the games look better than everything else, so try harder. Also God of War: Ascension and even God of War III (an early 2010 game) are still are the best looking games this generation with the best character models and they don't even use pre-rendered cut-scenes 90% of the time, get Kratos close to the camera or use an alternative costume to prove to yourself that most of the cut-scenes are rendered in real-time. Uncharted's character models look great in cut-scenes but not so much in-game, go ahead and try to look at Sully, Elena, Chloe or whoever close up and they either move back or depth of field blurs them out so you can't take a good look. I managed to get a close look at Sully in UC3 and his model was unimpressive, a massive step down from the cut-scenes he's in. That said UC3 is a beautiful looking game, UC2 however looks dated and has been surpassed by many games on consoles. http://cdn.kotaku.com.br/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2013/03/kratos_kotakubr.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bpARUlDti68/TgaGzjSA3UI/AAAAAAAAASM/kWfw0bn4UjA/s1024/3.3.jpg I can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica can on the PS4, it's so much more powerful that I think the games will start to look CGI-like.
#199 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

zeeshanhaider: Fixed camera has its advantages, no? Not a single God of War game has fixed camera angles, they have automated cameras. Do you not understand the difference between a dynamic camera and a camera that only changes when you run off-screen? Idiot. And also the developers have said before that automated cameras don't help make the games look better than everything else, so try harder. Also God of War: Ascension and even God of War III (an early 2010 game) are still are the best looking games this generation with the best character models and they don't even use pre-rendered cut-scenes 90% of the time, get Kratos close to the camera or use an alternative costume to prove to yourself that most of the cut-scenes are rendered in real-time. Uncharted's character models look great in cut-scenes but not so much in-game, go ahead and try to look at Sully, Elena, Chloe or whoever close up and they either move back or depth of field blurs them out so you can't take a good look. I managed to get a close look at Sully in UC3 and his model was unimpressive, a massive step down from the cut-scenes he's in. That said UC3 is a beautiful looking game, UC2 however looks dated and has been surpassed by many games on consoles. http://cdn.kotaku.com.br/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2013/03/kratos_kotakubr.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bpARUlDti68/TgaGzjSA3UI/AAAAAAAAASM/kWfw0bn4UjA/s1024/3.3.jpg I can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica can on the PS4, it's so much more powerful that I think the games will start to look CGI-like.Tontus123

Thanks for throwing insults without knowing anything about game design.

Saying fixed camera didn't prove beneficial for the devs is an outright lie. Having fixed camera could let them focus on what area user sees at a time and from what distance which in turn let them decide which area to have higher resolution textures and which doesn't. Also having a fixed camera let them easily stream which areas of the map to bring in the memory and which doesn't, also let them much tighter control over draw distance and lead them to have higher frame rates, not only that but also results in far better culling of the geometry, keeping AI from updating that falls outside of the camera that already spawned or when should the AI be spawned or updated. It all becomes much easier. Just to give you an example there are many situations you have faced in GoW triology where camera is right above you and you are facing the wall which you can't see but can open the chests or you could open the chests that are placed in a narrow corridor very far away. See these areas could all benefit with low poly and low res textures.

Seriously, my friend I could write a whole essay about how fixed camera be helpful technically. You would be naive to think it has no effect on the game design or performance.

So, who's the idiot now?

And no, technically Crysis 2 and 3 are the most advanced games and I have explained it countless times.

#200 Posted by SentientMind (359 posts) -

zeeshanhaider: Fixed camera has its advantages, no? Not a single God of War game has fixed camera angles, they have automated cameras. Do you not understand the difference between a dynamic camera and a camera that only changes when you run off-screen? Idiot. And also the developers have said before that automated cameras don't help make the games look better than everything else, so try harder. Also God of War: Ascension and even God of War III (an early 2010 game) are still are the best looking games this generation with the best character models and they don't even use pre-rendered cut-scenes 90% of the time, get Kratos close to the camera or use an alternative costume to prove to yourself that most of the cut-scenes are rendered in real-time. Uncharted's character models look great in cut-scenes but not so much in-game, go ahead and try to look at Sully, Elena, Chloe or whoever close up and they either move back or depth of field blurs them out so you can't take a good look. I managed to get a close look at Sully in UC3 and his model was unimpressive, a massive step down from the cut-scenes he's in. That said UC3 is a beautiful looking game, UC2 however looks dated and has been surpassed by many games on consoles. http://cdn.kotaku.com.br/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2013/03/kratos_kotakubr.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bpARUlDti68/TgaGzjSA3UI/AAAAAAAAASM/kWfw0bn4UjA/s1024/3.3.jpg I can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica can on the PS4, it's so much more powerful that I think the games will start to look CGI-like.Tontus123

Yeah, call him an idiot, that's going to get you somewhere. Learn some respect and I might just tell you what the words you are using mean, because you cleary have no idea what you are talking about.