Naughty Dog really set the bar for console character models.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -
[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Yuuup.faizan_faizan

Hell No

Oh yes

^^subhd just like most others mentioned like crysis and witcher.
#102 Posted by Tessellation (8811 posts) -

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]Hell No

killzowned24

Oh yes

hey dweller,Halo 4 is 720p :cool:

#103 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Oh yesTessellation

cutscenes are subhd,such as the screens above :lol:

#104 Posted by super600 (30940 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] ^^subhd just like most others mentioned like crysis and witcher.killzowned24

Proof. Letter boxing cutscenes is not the same as making the cutscenes render at sub hd resolutions.

#105 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5400 posts) -
Does anyone have a good shot of a character's face from gameplay? I'm willing to bet they use a more detailed model for cutscenes.
#106 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

those are upscaled character models for cutscenes, you know something that most people won't care about when they want to throw grenades at people

#107 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

also

LOL

"naughty dog only beats themselve", this is where their talent comes from, not spending time with the woman in their lives.

#108 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] hey dweller,Halo 4 is 720p :cool:

super600

Proof. Letter boxing cutscenes is not the same as making the cutscenes render at sub hd resolutions.

Just look at the image resolution>1280x544 :lol:

#109 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] cutscenes are subhd,such as the screens above :lol:

killzowned24

:lol:
#110 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

The Witcher 2 on Xbox360 looks better.

SuperNovaftw
LMAO
#111 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -

halo-4-interview-screen-1.jpg

halo-4-campaign-screenshots-oxcgn-15.jpg

Not bad 

#112 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Yes they have but Halo 4 and Crysis 3 have some good ones too.

#113 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -
Dunno why people keep forgetting GOW in threads like this... GOW3:  GOW A:  Very impressive when you realize these are ingame screenshots and not from cutscenes.
#114 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

FamilyGuy

Are people actually this easily impressed? Graphics don't matter.

#115 Posted by Phazevariance (11031 posts) -

Gotta be honest, Mass Effect 1 characters were better and it came out before Uncharted 2... on xbox nonetheless

#116 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -
Does anyone have a good shot of a character's face from gameplay? I'm willing to bet they use a more detailed model for cutscenes.PernicioEnigma
Page 3
#117 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

My favourite Naughty Dog thing is the animation. The way Drake walks, runs, ciimbs, falls and staggers is just so silky and realistic. Unbelievable.locopatho
Yep they are quit impressive

ibhRsu847Vmj2N.gifiMBVBHOQGW2ER.gifuncharted3drakesdecepz38j0.gifuc3gif15.gif

#118 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

Gotta be honest, Mass Effect 1 characters were better and it came out before Uncharted 2... on xbox nonetheless

Phazevariance

me22.jpg

jk89YW5kOrlSP.jpg

#119 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

also

LOL

"naughty dog only beats themselve", this is where their talent comes from, not spending time with the woman in their lives.

savagetwinkie
What? Wow you're so mature.
#120 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Too many people posting Beta Shots, Online Co-Op and Multiplayer Shots just to offset actual Uncharted shots, its kind of funny.

In actual fact, everyone KNOWS the character models in Uncharted are one of the best this gen.. in game and in a cutscene.
Halo 4 is good, so is every other PS3 exclusive also, Crysis 3 wins automatically.... but for a console, credit where its due for 2006 hardware.

Character Models are going to get better.. cos they are going to convey "emotions" :cool:

#121 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

Lots of people posting images with compression artifacts... Many of those "direct feed" shots were overflowing with compression artifacts.

#122 Posted by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and 3 probably has the best overall graphics on consoles, Halo 4 looks great with its art style. but im pretty sure Kratos from God of War is one of the most detailed character models I have ever seen on console.

#123 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and 3 probably has the best overall graphics on consoles, Halo 4 looks great with its art style. but im pretty sure Kratos from God of War is one of the most detailed character models I have ever seen on console.

Karpetburnz

If we're just talking about character models then why isn't Beyond 2 Souls or Heavy Rain being mentioned?

#124 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3144 posts) -

I_can_haz

Again as he explained, there is a difference in rendering. The rendering imagine output/imagine quality is no different then 720p. The game is 720p, and even still ill regardless, all cutscenes outside the beginning and end are all real time. Unfortunately you can't say the same for a quite a bit of UC's cut scenes.
#125 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -
Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.   And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.
#126 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

Innovazero2000

Again as he explained, there is a difference in rendering. The rendering imagine output/imagine quality is no different then 720p. The game is 720p, and even still ill regardless, all cutscenes outside the beginning and end are all real time. Unfortunately you can't say the same for a quite a bit of UC's cut scenes.

Actually the game in fact renders the cutscene at subhd 1280x544 confirmed by Beyond3d. And that's a very low res subHD may I add.
#127 Posted by Snugenz (12610 posts) -

Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.  And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.gpuking

No, GoW looks well but its not up there with the best anymore, the bar has been raised.

#128 Posted by sts106mat (20356 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.  And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.Snugenz

No, GoW looks well but its not up there with the best anymore, the bar has been raised.

does it even count as a character model when you cannot look all around the character at will?
#129 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.  And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.Snugenz

Beyond certainly has the potential to look better, we're not including nextgen consoles so what else can you identify?
#130 Posted by Snugenz (12610 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.  And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.gpuking

Beyond certainly has the potential to look better, we're not including nextgen consoles so what else can you identify?

I know you're a huge cow with some severe fanboygoggleitis but seriously... seriously

seriously.gif

#131 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.  And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.sts106mat

does it even count as a character model when you cannot look all around the character at will?

Of course it does, everything is realtime and loaded into the main memory. No LOD swap no tricks, it's as realtime as they comes.
#132 Posted by sts106mat (20356 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

gpuking

Of course it does, everything is realtime and loaded into the main memory. No LOD swap no tricks, it's as realtime as they comes.

oh well in that case, crysis 3 wins it, look at psycho and the old dude.  kratos looks like he's made of stone, so what.  

#133 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Did anyone play it on 3D. I played it on 3D at my friends big Samsung 3D TV, it so ferking cool and the game looks exactly like they do in those bullshots. I played Killzone 3 on 3D as well, amazing stuff

#134 Posted by sts106mat (20356 posts) -

Did anyone play it on 3D. I played it on 3D at my friends big Samsung 3D TV, it so ferking cool and the game looks exactly like they do in those bullshots. I played Killzone 3 on 3D as well, amazing stuff

megaspiderweb09
i played crysis 3 in 3D on my TV, it looked great. some games have crap 3D though, assassins creed 3's is a massive pile of poo.
#135 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2811 posts) -

Yep, Naughty Dog is a talented developer.

They have yet to create a bad game in their track record.

crippledmachine

They created a 'GAME'? Why didn't anyone tell me before!

#136 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2811 posts) -

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="happyduds77"]

And my shots somehow looks better than yours hmm I wonder why?

happyduds77

Because they're bullshots, The one i posted are from DigitalFoundry's Analysis. You are owning yourself.

*good screenshot of Uncharted 3* bullshot

*terrible screenshot of Uncharted 3* exactly what the game looks like. this is equal to your logic.

You're a complete idiot that do a terrible job at hating Uncharted.

Anway, those are direct grab idiot. Play the game first for the love of God.

Direct feed should be in 720p, no?

#137 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] does it even count as a character model when you cannot look all around the character at will?sts106mat

oh well in that case, crysis 3 wins it, look at psycho and the old dude.  kratos looks like he's made of stone, so what.  

The faces in Crysis 3 look good but the clothing textures are borderline rubbish. Kratos has high res textures all over his body, no competition there.
#138 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -
Kratos shats on Psycho's model.
#139 Posted by sts106mat (20356 posts) -
CherrypickingKing should be your username.
#140 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2811 posts) -

Kratos shats on Psycho's model.  gpuking

Fixed camera has its advantages, no?

Also please post the screenshot of hera.;)

#141 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

Kratos shats on Psycho's model.  gpuking

So does Sully

uncharted32012022921251.jpg

#142 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Because they're bullshots, The one i posted are from DigitalFoundry's Analysis. You are owning yourself.zeeshanhaider

*good screenshot of Uncharted 3* bullshot

*terrible screenshot of Uncharted 3* exactly what the game looks like. this is equal to your logic.

You're a complete idiot that do a terrible job at hating Uncharted.

Anway, those are direct grab idiot. Play the game first for the love of God.

Direct feed should be in 720p, no?

Scaled down to fit the screen.
#143 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

Innovazero2000

The problem is that Halo 4 uses more detailed characters + depth of field for their cutscenes than in-game.

#144 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.   And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.

Ewwww bullshots.
#145 Posted by StormyJoe (6340 posts) -

Mass Effect looks nicer than Uncharted, sorry.

#146 Posted by super600 (30940 posts) -

And even if the cutscenes in halo 4 run at sub hd the image quality in the cutscenes is great, but sadly fanboys rather look at the resolution of the cutscenes than the actual character models and environments being displayed in the cutscenes.

#147 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7599 posts) -
If we are talking cutscenes now then LA Noir should be thrown in. Some games may have better textures and what not but the facial animations for LA Noir are the best.
#148 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

This

uncharted32012022708242.jpg

or this

54126391.jpg

or this

XDBou.png

#149 Posted by gpuking (3044 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="gpuking"]Nothing on consoles come close to this game for character model.   And lol @ witcher 2 on 360, please take that subHD bs to lemming's backyard where it belongs.

Ewwww bullshots.

Dude they're in game shots. I know they look like CG but that's how good the game actually looks.
#150 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -
If we are talking cutscenes now then LA Noir should be thrown in. Some games may have better textures and what not but the facial animations for LA Noir are the best.CanYouDiglt
Agreed. But this thread is about models not facial expressions.