Naughty Dog Announcement January 6?!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/03/sony-teases-something-naughty-dog-announcement-for-january-the-6th/

Why have you been Naughty, Sony?

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (43226 posts) -

If Uncharted 4 isn't on par with Uncharted 2, then i'm out. Drake was awesome, but it'd be interesting to experience something different.

#3 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9556 posts) -

Are those Crash Bandicoot rumors still going around?

#4 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9654 posts) -

I start school on the 6th... what better way than to come home from a depressing day of dreadful school then to hear some wonderful ND announcements.

#5 Edited by lundy86_4 (43226 posts) -

Crash could be cool... If it doesn't match Rayman, then I dunno. I still have to play Legends, but Origins was brilliant.

#6 Posted by Chozofication (2821 posts) -

If Uncharted 4 isn't on par with Uncharted 2, then i'm out. Drake was awesome, but it'd be interesting to experience something different.

This. I want to play as sir francis drake.

And I want a smooth flowing game, not designed around random set pieces.

Needs to be more interesting and challenging all around.

#8 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

last of us 2

#9 Posted by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

@lundy86_4: did you not play The Last of Us? :-/

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (43226 posts) -

@lundy86_4: did you not play The Last of Us? :-/

Yes. I was specifically referring to their recent trailer... Any Sony fan would know that... Faker.

#11 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

@lundy86_4: You're definitely no Sony fan with that mentality toward UC3. Jelly?

#12 Edited by lundy86_4 (43226 posts) -

@donnatroy said:

@lundy86_4: You're definitely no Sony fan with that mentality toward UC3. Jelly?

Are you referring to the fact that I enjoyed UC2 more?

Uncharted 2 - 96

Uncharted 3 - 92

-----

UC2 is clearly better... Furthermore, I never referenced UC3. I simply referenced UC2 as the pinnacle.

#13 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

I don't know why people act like Uncharted 3 was this horrible game or it wasn't good a good gaming experience compared to Uncharted 2. Story wise i don't think it was a good as 2 but everything else felt just as good as 2 if not better. Specially the online multiplayer they improved it a lot.

My only complaint about the uncharted series i feel like the final "boss" battles are a tad slow or just not needed at all. I think they do it just the sake of the story to tie everything at the end, Hopefully they will improve on that aspect.

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (30006 posts) -

Uncharted: Kart Racer confirmed

#15 Edited by stereointegrity (10706 posts) -

doubt it has anything to do with uncharted

#16 Posted by blamix99 (1827 posts) -

last of us 2

there wont be a last of us 2, till 2016-2017 maybe. their next game is Uncharted 4

#17 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Can't really be Uncharted 4 seen as that's already announced. Hardly gonna be a re-announcing of an announcement

I'm someone who holds Uncharted 2 as one of the best games ever made, I still think Uncharted 3 was crap.I can still be a fan of a franchise and not love every single thing released from it

#18 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9556 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Crash could be cool... If it doesn't match Rayman, then I dunno. I still have to play Legends, but Origins was brilliant.

Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Really hoping it's a proper (as in, no titans or using Cortex to swing at enemies) Crash Bandicoot game, but with a whole shitload more levels than the PS1 games, of course.

#19 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25649 posts) -

It probably isn't anything.

The analog sticks in that link look like muffins.

#20 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

I liked Uncharted 3 more, but I am probably the minority.

#21 Edited by Desmonic (13763 posts) -

Sony Italy only? Well then don't expect anything related to Naughty Dog. It's likely some PS4 promotion/small announcement solely for Italy.

When it's something more global it tends to get announced on all pages or the PS blog.

#22 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Crash is back from the dead!

#23 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I liked Uncharted 3 more, but I am probably the minority.

I did also.

#24 Edited by MiiiiV (411 posts) -

Hope it's not another linear third person action/adventure game. Give us a new great platformer, like the first Jak and Daxter or a totally new experience.

Loved the Jak games, not a big fan of Uncharted series though. Haven't played TLoU, maybe it's as great as everybody says, will buy it some day. If a game is linear it's not a very big deal as long as you can choose between stealth and brute force your way and/or that the game gives you some possibility to experiment with different tactics.

#25 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3025 posts) -

Uncharted card game 2.

#26 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8854 posts) -

If it's their next project I expect them to talk about story and character and forgo details about gameplay for at least a year. It's the modern Naughty Dog way. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love for them to shift gears again.

#27 Edited by jsmoke03 (12844 posts) -

a third new ip? prolly not

#28 Edited by coasterguy65 (5927 posts) -

Isn't there some Last of Us DLC coming out soon or something? Otherwise it's probably just a formal announcement of UC4.

#29 Posted by Heil68 (43975 posts) -

Looking forward to this, even though it may be nothing significant. When Naughty Gods speak, I listen.

#30 Posted by Jankarcop (9284 posts) -

another movie game that will be forgotten after a week

#31 Posted by Scipio8 (626 posts) -

They've already done Drake with zombies, whats left running out of ideas

#32 Posted by silversix_ (14294 posts) -

Please make uncharted 4 as gory as TLOU plz plz plz.

#33 Edited by Desmonic (13763 posts) -

Not gonna be Naughty Dogs guys, stop getting your hopes up.

#34 Edited by charizard1605 (56952 posts) -

If it's the next Uncharted, I hope it's more like the first two games and not like the trainwreck that Drake's Deception or Golden Abyss were.

#35 Posted by Cyberdot (3523 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter or GTFO!

#36 Posted by Big_Pecks (5268 posts) -

The Last of Us: GOTY Edition, since the votes are all tallied up.

#37 Edited by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -

Naughty dog has 2 teams. One worked for TLOU (the good team,the director from Jak3 + godly UC2) and the other worked for UC3 (overrated and underachieving rental) . I'm not sure which one is working on what exactly,but since ND is big i'm sure they can work on CRASH BANDAICOOT *WOAH*

#38 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

I don't think they'll announce a new game when one hasn't already released... I don't mind being wrong though. :P

#39 Edited by Phazevariance (10942 posts) -

I'd like to see the last of us re-released on the ps4 with full 1080p graphics and AA and higher res textures. The game was pretty fun for the second half of the game, but the thing felt like 480p with jaggies piercing my eyes at every corner. If anything, that was my biggest dislike of the game.

#40 Posted by nini200 (9697 posts) -

Sony's announcement about Naughty Dog is... Dun Dun DAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! They have been bought out by MICROSOFT O.O

*Sony fanboys explode with rage and the internet burns*

#41 Posted by dommeus (9270 posts) -

Uncharted 3 was kind of balls. Had some promising sections, but the pacing was all over the place, and the antagonists were beyond weak.

#42 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9556 posts) -

Because the Uncharted games and Last of Us were totally forgotten.

#43 Posted by Zelda187 (758 posts) -

The one thing that always pissed me off about the Uncharted series is that the games always take a goofy, supernatural turn out of nowhere at the end.

#44 Posted by Jankarcop (9284 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

I'm talking about people actually playing them again. Rentals, just like movies.

#45 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Maybe a release date for Uncharted 4 would be good. I doubt they would announce another game, they are already working on 2 things at once (Last of US DLC, Uncharted 4 and more than likely optimization for other projects).

#46 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

@donnatroy said:

Are you referring to the fact that I enjoyed UC2 more?

Uncharted 2 - 96

Uncharted 3 - 92

-----

UC2 is clearly better... Furthermore, I never referenced UC3. I simply referenced UC2 as the pinnacle.

That's just your opinion. I liked 3 better myself because I liked the characters better, especially the bad guy/woman.

Quoting scores doesn't actually prove anything because when opinion enters into a conversation things like facts, statistics and scores go right out the window and become wholely useless. Unless of course you feel the need to shove your opinion down others throats due to insecurity or the need to prove that you share the same opinion as the majority in order to feel like you justify your thoughts then I guess.....have at it.

#47 Edited by lundy86_4 (43226 posts) -

@Gargus said:

That's just your opinion. I liked 3 better myself because I liked the characters better, especially the bad guy/woman.

Quoting scores doesn't actually prove anything because when opinion enters into a conversation things like facts, statistics and scores go right out the window and become wholely useless. Unless of course you feel the need to shove your opinion down others throats due to insecurity or the need to prove that you share the same opinion as the majority in order to feel like you justify your thoughts then I guess.....have at it.

lol.

#48 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -
#49 Posted by Zidaneski (8454 posts) -

I don't know why people act like Uncharted 3 was this horrible game or it wasn't good a good gaming experience compared to Uncharted 2. Story wise i don't think it was a good as 2 but everything else felt just as good as 2 if not better. Specially the online multiplayer they improved it a lot.

My only complaint about the uncharted series i feel like the final "boss" battles are a tad slow or just not needed at all. I think they do it just the sake of the story to tie everything at the end, Hopefully they will improve on that aspect.

As far as bosses go I think they have learned a bit. If The Last of Us is anything to go by I am pretty confident that their boss battles will be much better this time around for Uncharted 4, if there are any.

#50 Edited by CrumUnderMe (195 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

@Jankarcop said:

I'm talking about people actually playing them again. Rentals, just like movies.

what do you know about playing games you use youtube to watch videos of all the big pc games. stinky.