Natural Selection 2 gets a more positive and better review from GS.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wanderer5 (25679 posts) -

It now has a 8, thus another AAE for the PC.

Well good that they fix the review.

#2 Posted by Nanomage (2367 posts) -
Much better review and well deserved score,great game.
#3 Posted by MrYaotubo (2616 posts) -
Good stuff,hopefully metacritic will rectify the GS score soon,it´s still counting the 6.0 in there and it´s the only review below 80,everything else are 80´s and 90´s. When they change that it will probably be around 84 or 85.
#4 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -

What a joke this sites reviews have become. I remember when gamespot actually was the best place to come for reviews, you could pretty much trust their judgement, back when Greg K was here... How far this place has fallen.

You can forget about using this place's scores for the metagame next gen, Metacritic all the way. This place simply isn't credible enough alone to be used.

#5 Posted by SolidTy (42170 posts) -

That was nice for Natural Selection 2, that last review was a turd.

Looks like Eric was replaced by Ashton. I don't know either reviewer. GS freelancers.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25717 posts) -

That was nice for Natural Selection 2, that last review was a turd.

Looks like Eric was replaced by Ashton. I don't know either reviewer. GS freelancers.

SolidTy
Well this reviewer did do the Pokemon Black 2 review so... I don't know why they're using so many freelancers.
#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -

What a joke this sites reviews have become. I remember when gamespot actually was the best place to come for reviews, you could pretty much trust their judgement, back when Greg K was here... How far this place has fallen.

You can forget about using this place's scores for the metagame next gen, Metacritic all the way. This place simply isn't credible enough alone to be used.

Eddie-Vedder
:lol: this place has never been credible
#8 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

Wonder how much they got paid.

#9 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Oh wow this review actually doesn't have any errors! :P I applaud GS for owning up to a mistake.
#10 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

mems_1224

Yes it was... There was a time when Greg K and the guys from Giant Bomb were here where gamespot was the place to go to for reviews, everyone used gamespot, nowadays noone trusts them, every single review of theirs is dubious to say the least.
#11 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

Yes it was... There was a time when Greg K and the guys from Giant Bomb were here where gamespot was the place to go to for reviews, everyone used gamespot, nowadays noone trusts them, every single review of theirs is dubious to say the least.

They at least owned up to their mistake. Would be less credible had they kept the old review.
#12 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

"PC"spot confirmed?

#13 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

Eddie-Vedder

So in the other thread you're using GS word as gospel. You go far beyond calling their opinions credible, you call them FACTS. Why the sudden 180? Why just minutes ago did you consider them the flawless authority, but now you call them a joke?

#14 Posted by clyde46 (44232 posts) -
This place does reviews?
#15 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Wiimotefan

So in the other thread you're using GS word as gospel. You go far beyond calling their opinions credible, you call them FACTS. Why the sudden 180? Why just minutes ago did you consider them the flawless authority, but now you call them a joke?

You just proved your no older then 13 LOL. The fact that standards exist in gaming journalism wasn't made up by Gamespot :lol: WTF are you talking about? It's a fact of the trade, even troll reviewers like Destructoid claim this. WTF are you talking about?
#16 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

You just proved your no older then 13 LOL. The fact that standards exist in gaming journalism wasn't made up by Gamespot :lol: WTF are you talking about? It's a fact of the trade, even troll reviewers like Destructoid claim this. WTF are you talking about?

You are the guy that doesnt get the idea of preference and honestly (shamefully) cant even distinguish between facts and opinions. You're not exactly in position to make remarks about my age.

And no, you're falling back on GS (more specifically Kevin V's) opinions as indisputable fact... then you come in here and call them a joke. So which is it?

#17 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

You are the guy that doesnt get the idea of preference and honestly (shamefully) cant even distinguish between facts and opinions. You're not exactly in position to make remarks about my age.

And no, you're falling back on GS (more specifically Kevin V's) opinions as indisputable fact... then you come in here and call them a joke. So which is it?

Your age is obvious because of the arguments you make, they're typical childrens arguments. Kevin V is a professional reviewer, it's his job, he isn't some random 13 year on an online forum, nor is he the centre of my argument, hes just more proof of something everyone seems to get but you. Gaming reviews have standards, every. single. game reviewer uses them. GO to ANY game review site and check their guidelines. I'm not going to waste my time proving something so obvious.
#18 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] :lol: this place has never been credible tagyhag

They at least owned up to their mistake. Would be less credible had they kept the old review.

This.

No one is infallible and everyone should be able to amend an innaccurate review.

#19 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

nah, this place has always been crap. nothing new
#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (42876 posts) -

Interesting. What was the score before they pulled the review?

lundy86_4

#21 Posted by MrYaotubo (2616 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

#22 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

He downscored it due to being too hard. Never let a consolite review PC games, they just want their Press A to win movie games and auto-aim fests.

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (42876 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

MrYaotubo

Interesting. Good to see that GS had the gumption to re-review this game.

#24 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Gamespot needs greg miller from ign

#25 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -

He downscored it due to being too hard. Never let a consolite review PC games, they just want their Press A to win movie games and auto-aim fests.

Jankarcop
its not hard it just has a terrible tutorial and a bigger learning curve than most games.
#26 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

mems_1224

its not hard it just has a terrible tutorial and a bigger learning curve than most games.

6.0->8.0, he was wrong. consolites am cry.

#27 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

Interesting. Good to see that GS had the gumption to re-review this game.

They only did it because the original review was innacurate,

#28 Posted by lundy86_4 (42876 posts) -

Link3301

Oh, I know. However, they could have let it slide. It's not exactly a widely-known game compared to the many larger releases this year.

#29 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

lundy86_4

Oh, I know. However, they could have let it slide. It's not exactly a widely-known game compared to the many larger releases this year.

They also let things slide with inaccurate reviews of much bigger titles, so this is surprising.

#30 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -

I e-mailed metacritic about the score. This is their answer:

"Metacritic does not pull reviews or scores - publications get one bite at the apple, and GameSpot knows this. We share a parent company. If they decide to bump up a score, lower a score, or not review it again, we stick with the first review and score. It's a critic protection measure."

Skuggan

This is really really stupid if true. It's pulling down the average by four points.

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

great, that has nothing to do with what i said.
#32 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Gamespot needs greg miller from ign

Meeeper282

Nah, IGN can keep him and his PS3 fanboy hyperbole.

#33 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
much better score... a 6...jesus christ what was that guy smoking..should be banned from all gaming sites.
#34 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

Wiimotefan

They also let things slide with inaccurate reviews of much bigger titles, so this is surprising.

What titles?
#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

GD1551

By an indie company ? LMAO

#36 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

much better score... a 6...jesus christ what was that guy smoking..should be banned from all gaming sites.campzor

It's not the score that was a sore spot for most. It was the reasons he gave to justify such a score that made absolutely no sens. Like saying that match making would make the game better than dedicated servers...

This is a much better review, good job gamespot.

#37 Posted by lazerface216 (7466 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] its not hard it just has a terrible tutorial and a bigger learning curve than most games.mems_1224

he's an alt that tries waaaay too hard, just let him wallow in his lameness....

#38 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="Skuggan"]

I e-mailed metacritic about the score. This is their answer:

"Metacritic does not pull reviews or scores - publications get one bite at the apple, and GameSpot knows this. We share a parent company. If they decide to bump up a score, lower a score, or not review it again, we stick with the first review and score. It's a critic protection measure."

SAGE_OF_FIRE

This is really really stupid if true. It's pulling down the average by four points.

It's another reason why you don't base your purchases or opinions from a third party aggregate. The best thing to do is pick the site(s) that you like. And if you are still compelled to check Metacritic, only do it to see if your favourite site was having a bad day.
#39 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

GD1551

Nothing. NS2 is developed by indie devs that don't have money to waste on silly GS reviews. Main audience of NS2 comes from Europe where nobody even knows gamespot anyway. Its not very nice of you to accuse the devs and the reviewer of corruption, you should apologise.

#40 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

I would like to read the original review (just for the lulz), anyone has it somewhere?

#41 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
That's a considerable change, wow. So far the review seems considerably more informed.
I don't know why they're using so many freelancers.Blabadon
Simple. It's review deluge season and they only have so much staff. The most cost effective thing to do is this. Thankfully they're paying attention to the reviews and feedback.
#42 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

lazerface216

And makes the two of you super mad lol :lol:

Also, not an alt bro.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -

lazerface216

i know he's an idiot. i once got him to admit to date rape on here :lol:
#44 Posted by PAL360 (26657 posts) -

Looks awesome and unique! Love the concept.

#45 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

R4gn4r0k

By an indie company ? LMAO

yeah i actually laughed my ass off when i saw that guy's post.
#46 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27328 posts) -
Boom, well done GS, better late than never right! Need another sig change now!
#47 Posted by PannicAtack (20975 posts) -
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] great, that has nothing to do with what i said.mems_1224

Seriously?
#48 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1729 posts) -

Mems, you've played the game?

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

PannicAtack

Seriously?

haha yea, it was hilarious
#50 Posted by mems_1224 (46304 posts) -

Mems, you've played the game?

slimjimbadboy
yea, why?