Natsume: Nintendo IS working on GBA VC games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Source: ONM

"No, Nintendo does not put recent console games on the 3DS eShop, and sadly that means we cannot either. The same goes with GBA (outside of the ambassador games) - though they're working on this and we look forward to the day it's possible. But until that day comes, we aren't actively working on porting any specific GBA or GameCube games."

In regards to Wii U having downloadable DS games planned:

"We're aware today that Nintendo has announced plans to launch DS games for the WiiU - it's an exciting time, and we'll be reviewing our DS catalogue for potential titles."

I hope so. Nintendo has taken longer with VC GBA games than they are Pokemon Bank (which was recently re-released in Japan, but not yet released in North American or European territories).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Couldn't they use those resources to convince more Publishers to to expand to their platform ?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Man. I'd just love some Super Metroid on my 3DS. It's unbelievable to me how badly Nintendo is squandering the potential of the VC. I can't tell you how many people I've seen around the net that are BEGGING to throw money their way on games they've bought long ago. I'd be interested to know how much Nintendo is losing out on by making such a lazy, half-assed effort. It's gotta be quite a bit.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Remember a time where Nintendo would release 5 maybe 8 Virtual Console games at one time, every Monday.

It was great. I wonder what happened?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Remember a time where Nintendo would release 5 maybe 8 Virtual Console games at one time, every Monday.

If I had to guess, the fact that they have two systems with different networks. I know it sounds like a weak excuse, but still, Nintendo didn't unify their networks while Sony did.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

If I had to guess, the fact that they have two systems with different networks. I know it sounds like a weak excuse, but still, Nintendo didn't unify their networks while Sony did.

That is a pretty weak excuse considering Nintendo had no problem merging DSi Shop things with 3DS eShop.

We could be enjoying everything that was on Wii Shop on WiiU's shop by now, but Nope.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Shouldn't DS games be put in the 3DS e shop instead?

I swear it's like Nintendo was shocked that they released a new console. How could a company be so unprepared?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Shouldn't DS games be put in the 3DS e shop instead?

I swear it's like Nintendo was shocked that they released a new console. How could a company be so unprepared?

Maybe they don't think DS games will sell well on the 3DS since it is already fully backwards compatible with DS cartridges. I do think they should make DS games that are out of print and expensive available on the 3DS eshop, though. They should do the same with Wii games on the Wii U.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

A shame they didn't merge the VCs of 3DS and WiiU. That just killed it.

I also can't say I care about DS VC. I guess it's cool for certain games you can't get your hands on(assuming they put 'em on there), but the 3DS already has DS BC.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I remember it was every Thursday back when Phantom Leo used to post about it every week.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@MirkoS77: I agree. It's just crazy. The demand is there and it's easy money. It doesnt make sense not to have it ready already. Someone needs to ask Reggie or Iwata those questions. See what kind of excuse they give.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Needs GBA and SNES VC. I don't understand why Nintendo hasn't jumped on this yet. They probably don't like money?

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

not that they'd go through with the effort of translating it... but Mother 3 on VC would be godlike. Then Castlevania: Circle of the Moon :>

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

It's taking them long enough.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@nini200 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I remember it was every Thursday back when Phantom Leo used to post about it every week.

Thursdays happened a little bit after WiiWare came out I believe. When that shift happened the downloads went from 5-8 VC titles to 3 VC titles and possibly 3 Wiiware.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nini200 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Thursdays happened a little bit after WiiWare came out I believe. When that shift happened the downloads went from 5-8 VC titles to 3 VC titles and possibly 3 Wiiware.

Yeah it did. It was Mondays first then it switched over to Thursdays when Super Mario Kart came out I believe

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Awesome! Now there will be a whole a whole bunch of games I wont buy because they are digital.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

100% sure most of the games I owned or care about won't be released on it. It boggles my mind how poor the vc catalog is for the 3ds and wiiu.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19  Edited By CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

I'm beyond frustrated with Nintendo's efforts with the VC. I'm convinced they have no idea what the hell they are doing in that aspect.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Even if they did release DS or Gamecube titles, we would only see one a week, maybe one a month would be worth getting. Seems to be Nintendo's way of things, they never listen to what people are screaming for, instead they put the far unknown poor games out every week.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@MirkoS77: I agree. It's just crazy. The demand is there and it's easy money. It doesnt make sense not to have it ready already. Someone needs to ask Reggie or Iwata those questions. See what kind of excuse they give.

Yea man I'd love to have coffee with these guys. I'd love to confront them, print out all these forum posts from tons of people and show it to them. The reasoning must be amusing.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Couldn't they use those resources to convince more Publishers to to expand to their platform ?

There a large fanbase that been waiting awhile for this.