My take on current gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sim_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sim_
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

This is by no means, a flame onto any consoles people or companies; I am just expressing my opinion, as a person with all 3 consoles, and a fairly decent PC, I thought would share my experience with gaming,

Let's start with the Wii. The wii being the current gen console I bought first was very hyped for, being a person who has owned a Nintendo console since I was 6 I was very excited for games like TLOZTP, metroid prime, SSBB ect. The list goes on; my first few months were very fun, having lots of nostalgia come back from older games, the Wii was a hit with me until a few months later the fun ran out the gimmicky wiimote tricks and unoriginal ideas quickly made me lose interest in the console, the addition of the virtual console being able to replay those older games I loved also but soon do the wiis hardware limitations I was unable to buy more than a few making frustration. I also thought this should have been the standard when the GameCube came out, lack of a HD interface and no dvd player made the wii very limited to me.

On to the PS3

The Ps3 my 2nd console, and most expensive coming to a total of 1000.00 with a extra game and controller, I bought my PS3 at a local future shop, coming with a free game I could not go wrong, I did not feel very excited about the PS3 at first it was heavy big and foreign to me, having limited experience with Sony this was a good experience to try more robust games like Metal Gear solid and Final Fantasy, within 2 months of owning a ps3 I purchased a HDTV just for my PS3 seeing the beautiful graphics entered me into the world of HD currently I own a small collection of Blu-ray movies and around 20 PS3 gamescreating a wonderful gaming/HD experience. I also found the PSN (play station network) free of charge to be lag free, even in those 60 player battles in resistance 2, and all the free goodies they give, like demos HD wallpapers, music, card reader wireless and blu-ray all adding to a make a good console

Now with the 360

My majority of friends at school got me to purchase an elite console and halo3 mainly to play with them online, after 12 times playing halo3 within a month my console failed. Which angered me it cost me about 20CND to send it to Toronto, and a 2 hour phone call with a Hispanic repersentive , who I could not understand.After 2 weeks of waiting impatiently I received my brand new 360 in the mail with a month's free of Xbox live after playing games like halo, gears of war, dead rising and fable, I found these games to be very generic and boring overhyped by Microsoft, the 360 online service "live" I found very disappointing to be full of prepubescent children swearing every chance they got bringing into question why did they include microphones when the majority of the community is very..Lively with vulgar language I admit playing with my friends was fun but with random people it was very annoying. The 360 was not my favourite console,

Finally with the pc

Working with a PC for the majority of my life the PC is my gaming console of choice, having possibly unlimited game play options, video, music and different applications I like my Computer the best, playing those many hours on wow, playing epic battles on Supreme commander, is my #1 choice, it's easy connectivity, choice of games and players, many applications and just better experience with a PC, seeing the varied choice of people on the net, I remind you this is not to flame or enrage,

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

So your entry into this gen was the Wii in 2006?

Good news, the system is still the same price, so you didn't lose value! :)

What's your fave consoles then?

kira1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kira1
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts

I think he meant the PC. Anyways, my favorite is the PS3. Why? All my friends play it and that's all that matters for me in the end.

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
I feel sorry for gamers who own only a wii :(