my DS beating PSP in quality software 09 bet is looking good (congrats RR!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

first off, congrats isdue to Resistance getting 8.5. sounds like a solid game, i hope PSP owners enjoy iy (when PSP is $100 or so i'll pick one up again)

but i made a bet in SW in december, i'm not sure if anyone really took me up on it, someone said they did i remember, but i don't honestly recall who it was

i said DS will have twice as many A, AA, AAA rated games in all of 2009 than PSP does just like DS's trouncing of PSP in gamespots eyes in A, AA, AAA software last year 47 to 18 (i believe may be off by a bit) i also said DS's Q1 lineup would destroy PSP's Q1 line up (but people plz i'm a DS supporter but don't think i don't know the joys of PSP, i had one, its good it just didn't really work for me but there is a huge back catalogue of games for it that are really good, this whole thing is just in interest of entertaining ouselves on SW on the handheld war between DS and PSP, just for entertainment folks so if it sounds too serious than my bad)

but so far my bet is going really good

PSP has had a solid start to the year, a good title for every month

AA- Resistance (8.5), Loco Roco 2 (review released in 2008 but game in 2009 so i count it for 09, did LR2 get a 8.5 or 8?), Prinny (8.0)

A- Star Ocean: Second Evolution (7.5)

good stuff, a good RPG, a goood looking shooter, a weird looking platformer (dunno alot about prinny could belong to another genre) and LR2, good job

now DS

AAA- GTA:CTW (9.5) , Big Bang Mini (9)

AA- Dragon Quest 5 (8.5)

A-Peggle Dual Shot, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Retro Game Challenge, Elebits, Moon (with Blue dragon barely missing with a 6 , awwww)

so that means3 AA's fo PSP, one A

2 AAAe's for DS, 1 AA and 5 A's

in total 4 PSP games rated 7 or higher so far this year, 8 DS games rated 7 or higher this year

it must be noted that gamespot still hasn't review DS games like Avalon Code (A alot site), Valkyrie Profile (AA ign) , Pokemon Platnium, Black Sigil, Dark Spire, Suikoden (8.8 ign), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time, CORE. I'D say thats a good potential for another8 A games at least in the next two weeks for DS but crazy things happen

i believe the metacritic A, AA, AAA library comparison is now somewhere near 230 for DS, and 190 for PSP as well life time

it is sad that only 3 PSP game reviews have even been POSTED by gamespot in 2009, not for lateness really, but for lack of PSP releases, when is the next major PSP release? patapon 2 in april right? then what? dissidia got a confirmed suumer date but thats a little vague, KH should be out by fall (for both PSP and DS) and a new tales for both PSP and DS should be out this fall too

so my bet is going good, you guys enjoying th good games for both PSP and DS this year?

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I think it's obvious the DS is gonna trounce the PSP again this year, and the year after, etc....

The only ones who think differently are the same fanboys who keep saying, "just wait" and "200_ is the year of the PS3"

TehReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TehReaper
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts

glad to own a ds. not glad that I don't have enough money to buy all those games.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I for one could care less as I have both of them and will enjoy both's great 09 lineup.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#5 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

That's not a really tough bet to make, considering that the PSP, other than Resistance,is in a drought that would make any post-SNES Nintendo system proud. Finally it seems there's a good game I can get for it, but it'll probably be another year before something else that is quality comes out. Then again, I hated Killzone on the PSP, so maybe I'll wait until some of my friends pick it up and see if they actually recommend it.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

its probably best to own both, if PSP would get more than 5 or 6 good games a year that suite my tastes (not saying it dosn't have more than 5 o6 altogether good games, i jus mean ones that i end up liking or are genres i like) than i'd get one again

doesn't seem like its happening, i was less than excited to hear about a waterdown LBP, i'd rather have a new IP, and the PS2 motorstorm port is meh

bustword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bustword
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

Its not very fair, Japan gets all the good psp games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02g_YWF0qY

Games like gundam vs gundam or bleach heat the soul 6 / soul carnival, and a ton of dating games will never reach US shores.

I am starting to think that only 1/3 of their games gets release outside japan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
The PSP's main quality lineup aren't ever released in the US, which sucks for many. I own both, and I'm glad that I can enjoy both handhelds for what they offer.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Last December the PSP felt like it was on life support. You made a pretty safe bet. With recent news of Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, LBP, and Motorstorm though sounds like the PSP might have a second chance. lol.
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I personally don't care which system is better and has the better games. I have a DS and plan on getting a PSP soon. So I get to play both system's games.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Last December the PSP felt like it was on life support. You made a pretty safe bet. With recent news of Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, LBP, and Motorstorm though sounds like the PSP might have a second chance. lol.carljohnson3456

No telling when those games will be out, but I agree. Sony, in 08, put their entire attention on bringing the PS3 afloat, so the PSP had to suffer for it. 2009 and onwards seems to be a lot better.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Sony doesn't even release all the games they produce in Japan in America.