MW3 vs BF3 (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NanosuitLover
Member since 2011 • 677 Posts

I personally like Battlefield 3 so far. MW3 looks just like MW2. But some people think the opposite. I just like vehicles and destructibility alot too. I can't really see anything COD MW# has over its competitor.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I haven't played them yet,but I'm voting for MW3.

I prefer that franchise.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

My guess is BF3 will be voted 10:1 to MW3 in this poll.

Oh and BF3 for me.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
Modern Warfare 3. Battlefield is just too big for my taste. Call of Duty has also proven that it has a remarkably good campaign as opposed to Battlefield.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Well, I'll go with Modern Warfare 3, simply because while Battlefield 3 looks like it will push the genre forward more, Modern Warfare 3 just looks more fun, and that's what matters to me.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

This poll is like beating a dead horse, pointless. 90%+ of the votes will go to BF3.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

BF3 FTW! BF3 FTW!

For the umpteenth time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This poll is like beating a dead horse, pointless. 90%+ of the votes will go to BF3.

TheEpicGoat
Well, actually, right now, BF3 just has 80% of the votes, not 90%+ :P
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

Well since I enjoyed MW 2 and BC 2 with their different styles of gameplay, I imagine I'll get both MW3 and BF3. However, if forced to choose, it will be MW3 for me simply because I personally give its style of gameplay an edge over the big battle feel of BF games and also the fact that most of the guys I know that play FPS on XBL play CoD games! Both games will be great Imo and I predict both score 9.0-9.5.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Ive seen no multiplayer gameplay from either. All we've seen is some single player from BF3 and a lot of cutscenes from both. Its waaaaaay too early to call this.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Can't say I'm excited for either really. would probably pick BF3 if i had to though.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 viper-kid
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts

Oh and BF3 for me.

DroidPhysX
And watch on release as Cod stumps BF3 on sales shows how this forum is so out of touch with reality.
Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

BF3 for me.

BF3 MP will actually take skill, not twitch, like MW3. No lame perks and killstreaks either.

I'll pick up MW3 for the SP.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

One is the prime example of everything that is wrong with this industry today.

The other is made by DICE. I vote for that one.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I dunno, I'm really gonna have to think about this one.
Dragonballz290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dragonballz290
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
The reason CoD is the same every year is because Bobby Kodick (I believe ko is small in japanese) is a proper hobbit. He doesn't like anything unexpected just like his customers. :)
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

One is the prime example of everything that is wrong with this industry today.

The other is made by DICE. I vote for that one.

DarkLink77

Indeed.

The only correct option in the poll is the first one.

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NanosuitLover

Modern Warfare 3. Battlefield is just too big for my taste. Call of Duty has also proven that it has a remarkably good campaign as opposed to Battlefield. NerubianWeaver

What? You mean a straight corridor with no room for experimentation, stupid AI, and frustrating grenade spamming, also, respawning enemies. NO DESTRUCTABILITY? And how is it too big? Next thing your gonna complain "BF3 is just too good, who does dICE think they are?".

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NanosuitLover

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Oh and BF3 for me.

viper-kid

And watch on release as Cod stumps BF3 on sales shows how this forum is so out of touch with reality.

Your right sir, popularity=quality, what are we? In high school?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Bf3.

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NanosuitLover

Well, I'll go with Modern Warfare 3, simply because while Battlefield 3 looks like it will push the genre forward more, Modern Warfare 3 just looks more fun, and that's what matters to me.charizard1605

See I genuinely don't understand that logic, BO, MW2 and WAW are all the same in terms of gameplay, and while that gameplay WAS fun, how can you not be bored? Battlefield 3 looks a little different, much more advanced, and has more tactical gameplay (At the very least the Multiplayer will be Tactical) COD has become a twitchy shooting gallery to me. It lacks the substance of BF. Plus, how can you not love the epicly awesome sound effect quality of the new BF Games?

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

BF3, simply because of all the vehicles.

kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

Getting both

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

MW3, i find COD more fun then BF

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I've always preferred BF classes and gameplay to COD.

NoirLamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 NoirLamia
Member since 2010 • 801 Posts

Battlefield 3 for everything.

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

BF3 has some pretty slick looking videos so far but they are all for PC. That said, I need to see some proof that BF3 will be that much better than Bad Company 2 was for console. The console version of BF3 is already gimped to 24 player online and limited maps, plus the graphics probably aren't dramatically improved from Bad Company 2. Bad Company, to me, had a bad progression system, terrible hit detection, far too few game modes, and was way too slow in terms of combat (spent too much time trying to get into a battle). How is the console BF3 going to improve on this? I wouldn't mind playing for PC but I'm not sure about console.

Infinity Ward games have always had super tight controls, silky smooth 60FPS gameplay, a huge variety of game modes, tons of maps, lots of weapons, and lots of good modes outside of the main multiplayer such as spec ops and now the new survival mode. With destructibility added in this game should be really interesting. The Infinity Ward games have also always added a lot of multiplayer challenges, rewards, callsigns, and emblems that keep playing the games interesting. If BF3 can add a good progression system, more multiplayer modes, and better hit detection then I may be picking up a copy of both games this holiday.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

I feel like I've seen this thread before :roll:

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

Both :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

BF3 has some pretty slick looking videos so far but they are all for PC. That said, I need to see some proof that BF3 will be that much better than Bad Company 2 was for console. The console version of BF3 is already gimped to 24 player online and limited maps, plus the graphics probably aren't dramatically improved from Bad Company 2. Bad Company, to me, had a bad progression system, terrible hit detection, far too few game modes, and was way too slow in terms of combat (spent too much time trying to get into a battle). How is the console BF3 going to improve on this? I wouldn't mind playing for PC but I'm not sure about console.

Infinity Ward games have always had super tight controls, silky smooth 60FPS gameplay, a huge variety of game modes, tons of maps, lots of weapons, and lots of good modes outside of the main multiplayer such as spec ops and now the new survival mode. With destructibility added in this game should be really interesting. The Infinity Ward games have also always added a lot of multiplayer challenges, rewards, callsigns, and emblems that keep playing the games interesting. If BF3 can add a good progression system, more multiplayer modes, and better hit detection then I may be picking up a copy of both games this holiday.

GojiMaster

Thank god I'm not the only one who notices this.

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NanosuitLover

[QUOTE="GojiMaster"]

mitu123

I will say that even though BF INVENTED UNLOCKS! BF2 had it in 2005, COD4 had it in 2007. Even though thats true, BC2's is definitely more drawn out and annoying. I can't heal people as the medic at first? Really? Then again, COD doesn't have ****specific abilities, so its a non-issue. But also, the guns in COD are all the same, Infinite range, no bullet drop, and all have little recoil. At least in BC2 there is variation between full auto AR's, The AUG is even different than the F2000, rare in a shooter.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Oh and BF3 for me.

DroidPhysX
I can't believe you are spot on, at the time of my post BF3 has 78 votes and MW3 has 7... Thats almost 11:1 but if we only count whole numbers then you're right. And BTW yeah i prefer BF3.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="GojiMaster"]

NanosuitLover

I will say that even though BF INVENTED UNLOCKS! BF2 had it in 2005, COD4 had it in 2007. Even though thats true, BC2's is definitely more drawn out and annoying. I can't heal people as the medic at first? Really? Then again, COD doesn't have ****specific abilities, so its a non-issue. But also, the guns in COD are all the same, Infinite range, no bullet drop, and all have little recoil. At least in BC2 there is variation between full auto AR's, The AUG is even different than the F2000, rare in a shooter.

Thats my one biggest complaint, it makes even the weakest weapon capable of a one-hit headshot from opposite corners on the biggest maps... Its terrible!!

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

BF3! Just hope the maps aren't riduculously large without the amount of players to compensate.

NanosuitLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NanosuitLover

BF3! Just hope the maps aren't riduculously large without the amount of players to compensate.

whitetiger3521

Yeah, BC2 had only 32 players, hopefully the maps will be more active with 64, I'm more worried about Snipers having REALLY long sightlines.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

You have to be blind to say that MW3 looks better than BF3, let alone that MW3 actually looks good at all. It hardly even looks better than games at the start of this generation.

Avatar image for dutchantichrist
dutchantichrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dutchantichrist
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

Not deciding on either until I have seen console MP for both

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I don't own a single CoD game and I own Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam and I still say CoD.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

I laughed when I saw the results.
BF3 for me. 8)
Also heard a rumour today of a MW3 beta.
It's crazy I know.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

GojiMaster

I am sure these are reasonable complaints, but I can't really relate to them. What annoys the hell out of me are the bugs. The ******* bugs. Online multiplayer is ****.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

oh lok, yet another thread of bf3 vs mw3, there arent enough about it.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

**insert generic 'oh it's this thread again' type of comment here**

mehrdad-pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mehrdad-pc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
is that really so fun at first time i see mw3 trailer i think is mw2.5.lool but bf3 is so better than mw3 bf3 the way?
mehrdad-pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mehrdad-pc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

is that really so fun at first time i see mw3 trailer i think is mw2.5.lool but bf3 is so better than mw3. bf3 the way

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts

I laughed when I saw the results.
BF3 for me. 8)
Also heard a rumour today of a MW3 beta.
It's crazy I know.

fusionhunter

The only reason they would put out a MW3 beta is if they charged $20 to play it.