MS to SCRAP the X1 in a few years???

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

It's highly likely MS may launch a new system in 4-5 years and throw out the whole 10yr idea. I think they realize that the casual fad is over and I'm betting in 4-5 years they launch a new Xbox with bleeding edge hardware to do true 4k gaming and also do 1080p like it's poo poo..

#2 Posted by lostrib (36959 posts) -

stop making threads

#3 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23760 posts) -

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

#4 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

#5 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

#6 Edited by silversix_ (14592 posts) -

They will scrap it after 4 years like they did with the original Xbox. They cannot do it before because it will hurt Xbox brand but in 4 years they can without anyone being able to say shit cuz it was already done before. I do believe that if in 2014 the Bone keeps looking like a joke compared to the Quad, they will scrap the shit outta X1 in 4 year tops.

#7 Posted by glez13 (8828 posts) -

Like it should be. Last gen was a couple of years longer than it should be and the WiiU didn't help either in somewhat shortening the generational gap.

#8 Posted by NFJSupreme (5374 posts) -

In 5 years the ps4 will be just as ancient and need scrapping to. Let's not act like the ps4 is some how future proof. This Gen looks like a 5 or 6 year Gen tops.

#9 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

games take 2 years to make. thats not a lot of games.

#10 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23760 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

that's what wierdos you dudes are.

acting like i put faith or have some personal relationship with some giant multinational company that does not even know i exist.

fuck microsoft and fuck sony and nintendo too, i go where the games are.

whoever has the ones i want gets my money.

i don't think you dudes understand how people are supposed to relate to consumer products.

there is no emotion involved just a straight up trade of products and service for cash.

#11 Posted by stuff238 (638 posts) -

I hope for another 7-8 year gen. I am not done with the PS3 yet. It is still going strong. I can understand xbox and nintendo fanboys have been dying for games since 2009/2010 and they were begging for new consoles so it's okay for them to get a new one every 4-5 years. Sony should release one every 8-10 years because they don't give up releasing games for it.

#12 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9477 posts) -

This gen will easily last more then 5 years. I guarantee it.

#13 Edited by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

I don't know!! Polar ice caps to be completely gone in a few years?!!!!

#14 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

I wouldn't mind it. The gens used to be 4-6 years. If this gen goes 8-10 it will be boring as hell. I'll be 32 before another Playstation or Xbox is released, screw that.

#15 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I give them to the end of next year tops. Then gaming will finally be freed from this POS console and their gaming destroying fans who are good for nothing else but be a burden for real gamers.

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@stuff238: agreed 100%. I am playing my ps3mas we speak, and between it and 360, I have games yet to play. I am not a tech/graphics whore. I like them, but at this point, its not like its such a great leap above ps3/360. And those games are cheap.

#17 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (396 posts) -

@lostrib said:

stop making threads

#18 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

that's what wierdos you dudes are.

acting like i put faith or have some personal relationship with some giant multinational company that does not even know i exist.

fuck microsoft and fuck sony and nintendo too, i go where the games are.

whoever has them ones i want gets my money.

i don't think you dudes understand how people are supposed to relate to consumer products.

there is no emotion involved just a straight up trade of service for cash.

what the fuck did I call you an xbot?

you took it personally,

so obviously you swallow bill gates cum.

you are a weirdo,

if it doesn't bother you don't talk about it,

so just turn on your Kinect,

while steve balmer and don mattrick,

gang bang you and your family with the revised family share plan.

no emotion and no cash,

I don't think you understand that though

#19 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@Silent-Assasin7: what does that have to do with anything? I was 33 when 360 released, and 41 when ps4/x1 released. I'm still playing.

#20 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23760 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

that's what wierdos you dudes are.

acting like i put faith or have some personal relationship with some giant multinational company that does not even know i exist.

fuck microsoft and fuck sony and nintendo too, i go where the games are.

whoever has them ones i want gets my money.

i don't think you dudes understand how people are supposed to relate to consumer products.

there is no emotion involved just a straight up trade of service for cash.

what the fuck did I call you an xbot?

you took it personally,

so obviously you swallow bill gates cum.

you are a weirdo,

if it doesn't bother you don't talk about it,

so just turn on your Kinect,

while steve balmer and don mattrick,

gang bang you and your family with the revised family share plan.

no emotion and no cash,

I don't think you understand that though

what a sad little pathetic piece of shit you are.

good luck with that.

#21 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

To make it a perfect amount of time and give developers time i'm thinking 6 years right on the nose will be the perfect time to release a new Xbox. If they go more then 6 years I'm defiantly going back to PC and building a monster rig.

With this said please no more casual BS MS that fad has been put to bed the grandma grandpa want to game on the Wii whoopie doo days are long gone lets please get back to hardcore and throw some real hardcore hardware in these systems.

#22 Edited by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

@cainetao11: I don't want to wait ten years to get a new system.

#23 Edited by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

Not going to happen. It takes BILLIONS of dollars to launch a console and BILLIONS more to subsudize it and support it.

If anyone at MS even jokes about that, I'm sure they'd be handed a pink slip. Investors would be up in arms.

Besides, average idiot Joe console gamer don't give two shits about "Resolution". The differences in hardware is more of a system wars thing than an average consumer thing.

#24 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

that's what wierdos you dudes are.

acting like i put faith or have some personal relationship with some giant multinational company that does not even know i exist.

fuck microsoft and fuck sony and nintendo too, i go where the games are.

whoever has them ones i want gets my money.

i don't think you dudes understand how people are supposed to relate to consumer products.

there is no emotion involved just a straight up trade of service for cash.

what the fuck did I call you an xbot?

you took it personally,

so obviously you swallow bill gates cum.

you are a weirdo,

if it doesn't bother you don't talk about it,

so just turn on your Kinect,

while steve balmer and don mattrick,

gang bang you and your family with the revised family share plan.

no emotion and no cash,

I don't think you understand that though

what a sad little pathetic piece of shit you are.

good luck with that.

stay mad idiot,

just because you are a xbot,

put some preparation h on that butt hurt,

cry some moar

#25 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Who knows?

#26 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

Not going to happen. It takes BILLIONS of dollars to launch a console and BILLIONS more to subsudize it and support it.

If anyone at MS even jokes about that, I'm sure they'd be handed a pink slip. Investors would be up in arms.

Besides, average idiot Joe console gamer don't give two shits about "Resolution". The differences in hardware is more of a system wars thing than an average consumer thing.

MS been making a profit since day one of the release of X1 and they will only continue to make more and more as cost go cheaper.

#27 Edited by xhawk27 (7316 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

You mean like the first years of the PS3. Sony was a joke and the Sony droids were jumping ship to MS.

#28 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

If they scrap the Xone in a few years who would trust them again?

#29 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

If they scrap the Xone in a few years who would trust them again?

They scrapped the Xbox after 4 years and never supported it with any games after and the 360 went on to sell like mad crazy

#30 Edited by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

MS or Sony have never had a 10 yr idea for consoles. They release new ones every 6-7 years.

PS3 release in Nov 2006, PS4 release in Nov 2013. 360 release in Nov 2005, & X1 release in Nov 2013.

MS is simply just going to have a gen where they get their butts handed to them along with Nintendo.

#31 Edited by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

@me3x12: Lol. You are truly clueless if you actually think that. The Xbox BRAND itself hasn't made Microsoft a DIME yet. And RnD + subsudization + manufacturing and shipping + support + marketing of the Xbone means they are probably BILLIONS more in the hole. They won't be making money on the hardware for YEARS, and who knows how long it will be before game/media sales being to pour in from the console.

Regardless, one thing they aren't going to do is to flip the switch again so soon. Investor would sooner sell the division outright. It means nothing compared to their business seootr which is responsible for like 90% of what Microsoft is/does.

#32 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3777 posts) -

They are way too invested.. not going to happen. Expect at least a 7-8 year lifespan. I know threads like this may be just to get under lems skin, but if you ARE serious, you need to realize that thee consoles have just started the race. Look at the PS3 last gen. it started slow but finished strong... the X1 has not even started slow.. the PS4 has just started very fast. While the X1 will probably not have the same level of success as the PS4 that is not to say that it wont finish strong on its own.

#33 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

How long did the original Xbox last? I'll give it that long...

#34 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4781 posts) -
@edwardecl said:

How long did the original Xbox last? I'll give it that long...

and then there will be another xbox?

#35 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@Silent-Assasin7: then don't. Build a new gaming PC.

#36 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

@me3x12: Lol. You are truly clueless if you actually think that. The Xbox BRAND itself hasn't made Microsoft a DIME yet. And RnD + subsudization + manufacturing and shipping + support + marketing of the Xbone means they are probably BILLIONS more in the hole. They won't be making money on the hardware for YEARS, and who knows how long it will be before game/media sales being to pour in from the console.

Regardless, one thing they aren't going to do is to flip the switch again so soon.

Right because the 360 was not making good profit the last several years and also currently the Xbox One cost about $450 currently to make so yes they are making a decent profit of around $30 bucks roughly after giving the retailers their cut.

#37 Posted by millerlight89 (18543 posts) -

I like the One. It does quite a few things better than ps4.

#38 Posted by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@me3x12: Lol. You are truly clueless if you actually think that. The Xbox BRAND itself hasn't made Microsoft a DIME yet. And RnD + subsudization + manufacturing and shipping + support + marketing of the Xbone means they are probably BILLIONS more in the hole. They won't be making money on the hardware for YEARS, and who knows how long it will be before game/media sales being to pour in from the console.

Regardless, one thing they aren't going to do is to flip the switch again so soon.

Right because the 360 was not making good profit the last several years and also currently the Xbox One cost about $450 currently to make so yes they are making a decent profit of around $30 bucks roughly after giving the retailers their cut.

How do you figure? I expect you have some basis for that assetion, right? And everyone else who has done the math is wrong...

#39 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

Agreed although last gen was one of the greatest and had some amazing games after about 5 1/2 - 6 yrs though it hurt my eyes to see the graphics start to look so far behind. I think a new system every 5 years is perfect right when the graphics start to get stale a new system comes with better hardware. I hope MS sticks with this and does a system launch every 5 years.

the xbox brand is in the gutter,

even xbots are losing faith in Microsoft,

these next few years better be spectacular

You mean like the first years of the PS3. Sony was a joke and the Sony droids were jumping ship to MS.

they are call cows (don't know why)

and its called crossing the tracks.

and yeah ps3 was the worst in those years,

but so odd that when ps3 picked up,

360 started to suck,

I cant make a kinection as to when that change happened

#40 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5311 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

I hope for another 7-8 year gen. I am not done with the PS3 yet. It is still going strong. I can understand xbox and nintendo fanboys have been dying for games since 2009/2010 and they were begging for new consoles so it's okay for them to get a new one every 4-5 years. Sony should release one every 8-10 years because they don't give up releasing games for it.

This!! hell I still have a collection of over 40some games on ps3 to finish..plus ps2 and ps4 games... I won't even mention handhelds and pc... 100s there... let my wallet have a break!

#41 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@millerlight89:

But then again you like Miller Lite too so I guess that's not saying much.

#42 Edited by Vecna (3394 posts) -

Lets hope Microsoft learns from their mistakes, and exits the console race.

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (30221 posts) -

@lostrib said:

stop making threads

#44 Edited by starwolf474 (664 posts) -

I hope they do release a new console in five years; I hope all of the companies do. Gaming generations should only last five years. This last generation lasted way too long.

#45 Edited by Merex760 (4314 posts) -

Technology moves too fast. The idea that a console should last 10 years (when they already launch with pretty weak hardware) is just ridiculous. Generations should be around five years max.

#46 Edited by EZs (1335 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

In 5 years the ps4 will be just as ancient and need scrapping to. Let's not act like the ps4 is some how future proof. This Gen looks like a 5 or 6 year Gen tops.

PS4 will last until 2020.

Nice guy finish last.

#47 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

this

#48 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hope this is only a 5 year gen.

having an 8 year gen last time was pretty crappy.

According to all the media and stock reports in 2011-first 10 months of 2013, the length of last gen almost broke the industry. It's one thing to have those consoles out long with other consoles, but as the only choices? Every one who wanted 7th gen consoles already brought 7th gen consoles.

#49 Posted by BruceBenzing (343 posts) -

@lostrib said:

stop making threads

#50 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

It's highly likely MS may launch a new system in 4-5 years and throw out the whole 10yr idea. I think they realize that the casual fad is over and I'm betting in 4-5 years they launch a new Xbox with bleeding edge hardware to do true 4k gaming and also do 1080p like it's poo poo..

Chances are Microsoft will sell Xbox and I am thinking the most likely customer is Amazon.

I also think Microsoft SHOULD sell Xbox for a whole host of different reasons