MS teases games for gamescon

• 87 results
#1 Edited by Chutebox (37644 posts) -

Linkypoo

Nothing really surprising with the picture, except the second "x". What do ya think it means?

The link has a list of the games if you have trouble telling.

#2 Posted by BldgIrsh (2787 posts) -

Both xbox's relate to the number 1.

#3 Posted by Chutebox (37644 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Think it'll be BC or a charge service for old titles? Could be fun for SW sake.

#4 Posted by BldgIrsh (2787 posts) -

@Chutebox: I hope its actual backwards compatibility and not a streaming service. Imagine Microsoft giving BC to the xbone while the ps4 is charging a service for it. That would make SW's very fun.

(My first post was me being cheeky with both of them being one and the first Xbox.)

#5 Edited by manny280 (1990 posts) -

Looking forward to seeing gameplay of Scalebound and Quantum Break

Backwards Compatibility would be interesting as well

#6 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4334 posts) -

Indeed, maybe BC for the original Xbox is coming. It'd only be appropriate that the Xbox One should be able to play Xbox 1 games. I doubt they'd even break a sweat pulling it off, and they already have a digital library of Xbox Originals.

As for BC with the 360 though, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't think the One is even powerful enough technically to pull off software emulation.

On that note, Sony really should have software emulators for the PS1 and PS2 already by now. They're being incredibly lazy on BC this gen.

#7 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1011 posts) -

Well Microsoft knows about symbols and time very well since their mostly the illuminati software company. hehehe.

maybe backwards compatibity for almost all their old games?

#8 Posted by gago-gago (9558 posts) -

I don't think the second X means anything, it's just they ran out of X's to use in this graphic. If anything they're just paying homage to the original Xbox. It's just some graphic someone wanting to get creative and threw it together.

#9 Posted by silversix_ (14986 posts) -

probably another tv series like quantum break announced for 2014 and then released in 2016

#10 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Nothing really surprising with the picture, except the second "x". What do ya think it means?

Did they say they were all exclusives again this time?

#11 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

How many of those will be exclusives by 2017 i wonder

#12 Posted by RR360DD (12130 posts) -

I'd say its more to do with them needing another letter X, guess we'll find out soon

#13 Posted by RR360DD (12130 posts) -

I'd say its more to do with them needing another letter X, guess we'll find out soon

@Shielder7 said:

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Quite a few multiplats in there so no

#14 Edited by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -

Probably a bunch of xbox remakes to go onto the market place as arcade games.

#15 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14030 posts) -

I hope it's Xbox classics, and not stupid remasters.

#16 Posted by yokofox33 (30023 posts) -

Xbox classics would be cool I guess. I'd hope they would include 360 titles as well.

#17 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7856 posts) -

More games and possibly some still coming out in 2014.

No rumors of Sonys broke ass having anything but a bigger hard drive version of the PS4 which is so sad it is laughable.

When you already are labeled as having no games, don't come out with more hardware.

#18 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

You aren't getting backwards compatibility. It's nostalgia hype. They'll probably announce a few more remakes.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No rumors of Sonys broke ass having anything but a bigger hard drive version of the PS4 which is so sad it is laughable.

Not been paying attention, huh, Justin? No surprise, the way you've been getting slapped about I'd stick my head in the sand too.

#19 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7856 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You aren't getting backwards compatibility. It's nostalgia hype. They'll probably announce a few more remakes.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Not been paying attention, huh, Justin? No surprise, the way you've been getting slapped about I'd stick my head in the sand too.

I never mentioned BW compatibility in the above post. I am sorry Sony is cutting you loose soon.

#20 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I never mentioned BW compatibility in the above post. I am sorry Sony is cutting you loose soon.

And I wasn't referring to that either.

Sharpen up, Justin. :)

#21 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25805 posts) -

I believe the videogame division of Microsoft will show videogames at the videogame conference. The media will be alerted and we will all remember what we were doing on such a momentous occasion, much like when JFK's head got shot to pieces.

An Alan Wake 2 teaser would be a cool surprise.

#22 Posted by delta3074 (18499 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lets wait and see shall, we, i doubt you are Privvy to Microsofts future plans so to blatantly say the xbone won't be getting BC is a bit silly really.

Cows , they THINK they know what MS is going to do before MS even knows what they are going to do,lol

It wouldn't be hard to port original xbox games to the Xbone and i can imagine it will draw afew people that want to play games like Kotor or Jade empire.

Besides, even if ti is remakes theres a few Xbox original titles that are well worth remaking so either way it would be win/win anyway.

FABLE Anniversary was one of the best remakes ever made in my opinion, it Vastly improved on the graphics of the original without compromising the Artistic Style and it was the Lost chapters version which just made it even better.

Remakes are not a bad thing, Cows should know, they just put up a stern defence over the Score for TLOU remastered on GS that could have lost people there jobs,lol

#23 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5819 posts) -

OMG Xbox original compatability coming! Please do it Microsoft. To force Sony to get PS1/PS2 BC!

After all BC of original Xbox makes sense because it's aslo x86 like the XB1.

#24 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Probably just an homage to the original Xbox and it stands out especially for a games convention, I mean how many other games have X in the name that were executive for Xbox that people remember? Don't look to hard into it.

#25 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -
@Floppy_Jim said:

I believe the videogame division of Microsoft will show videogames at the videogame conference. The media will be alerted and we will all remember what we were doing on such a momentous occasion, much like when JFK's head got shot to pieces.

The fuck... and are you that old to remember what you were doing when "JFK's head got shot to pieces"?

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7856 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

And I wasn't referring to that either.

Sharpen up, Justin. :)

you try being sharp after banging a 16 year old prostitute all night from Thailand and then doing a marathon gaming session on the ONE. bawhahaha

#27 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

Lets wait and see shall, we, i doubt you are Privvy to Microsofts future plans so to blatantly say the xbone won't be getting BC is a bit silly really.

Cows , they THINK they know what MS is going to do before MS even knows what they are going to do,lol

It wouldn't be hard to port original xbox games to the Xbone and i can imagine it will draw afew people that want to play games like Kotor or Jade empire.

Besides, even if ti is remakes theres a few Xbox original titles that are well worth remaking so either way it would be win/win anyway.

FABLE Anniversary was one of the best remakes ever made in my opinion, it Vastly improved on the graphics of the original without compromising the Artistic Style and it was the Lost chapters version which just made it even better.

Remakes are not a bad thing, Cows should know, they just put up a stern defence over the Score for TLOU remastered on GS that could have lost people there jobs,lol

It's not coming because the CPU architecture is too inherently different for it to work. Use your head a bit.

Amusing seeing lemmings defend re-releases and remakes though. You probably won't be able to use the "value" card this time though.

#28 Posted by SecretPolice (22451 posts) -

BC so they can say, see, way gave you Conker, G'head play Conker: Live & Reloaded on your X1. :P

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (9821 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Seems like they need more games if they have to resort to XBox logos to fill the gaps.

#30 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10586 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Seems like they need more games if they have to resort to XBox logos to fill the gaps.

Sony fan is one to talk

#31 Edited by Shewgenja (9821 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony fan is one to talk

When in doubt, blame Sony and its fans. It's not like ya'll haven't been saying the PS4 has no games for the past year or anything.

#32 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony fan is one to talk

When in doubt, blame Sony and its fans. It's not like ya'll haven't been saying the PS4 has no games for the past year or anything.

Don't worry, if they need to, lems can make their own games on Project Spark. Eat that, cows.

#33 Posted by Snugenz (12022 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony fan is one to talk

Don't worry, if they need to, lems can make their own games on Project Spark. Eat that, cows.

Awww, look at the cow coming to the defense of the other cow... Bovines In Arms.

On Topic: Xbox originals would be cool for the Xbone but the 360 already has back compat (mostly) so it's not exactly a big deal if that is the case.

#34 Posted by Heil68 (45707 posts) -

Hopefully more exclusives, that's all I want for the Xbone. Hopefully not TIMED ones, which has been the case lately with DR3 and Ryse.

#35 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10586 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony fan is one to talk

Not blaming? Where is blaming? And if you haven't noticed all MS talks about is games

Uncover your eyes man

#36 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Awww, look at the cow coming to the defense of the other cow... Bovines In Arms.

On Topic: Xbox originals would be cool for the Xbone but the 360 already has back compat (mostly) so it's not exactly a big deal if that is the case.

Just a bit of banter, chap. No need to get antsy because you have no games.

#37 Posted by clone01 (24935 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@bldgirsh said:

Maybe even a fresh coat of paint? I'd like to see an updated KOTOR, personally.

#38 Posted by Snugenz (12022 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Snugenz said:

Just a bit of banter, chap. No need to get antsy because you have no games.

I own a PS4, high end PC a WiiU and all last gen systems, i have plenty of game(s) sir.

#39 Edited by Shewgenja (9821 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony fan is one to talk

Not blaming? Where is blaming? And if you haven't noticed all MS talks about is games

Uncover your eyes man

I have seen the light. DX12 and Cloud(tm) never happened. Nothing to see here. Moo.

#40 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Uncover your eyes man

A lot of talk and no delivery.

#41 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3343 posts) -

BC compatbility with titles from xbox O would be an awesome thing to have, but, i don't see it happening. Sadly.

#42 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25805 posts) -

@edwardecl said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

The fuck... and are you that old to remember what you were doing when "JFK's head got shot to pieces"?

I am not willing to divulge my old age on internet forums.

#43 Posted by Itormentu (15 posts) -

If they have BC with 360 games then I'm going to run outside naked and scream death to all cows

#44 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10586 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Uncover your eyes man

A lot of talk and no delivery.

Looks like people are buying up those games.

#45 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@itormentu said:

If they have BC with 360 games then I'm going to run outside naked and scream death to all cows

Your modesty will be preserved.

#46 Edited by B4X (5571 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@bldgirsh said:

If it's backward compatibility with no fee. Good luck cows.

Sony Statement after announcement: "We find no value in that for our customers. Streaming the games you already own is the future for our customers, for a smallish fee."

#47 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5511 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@bldgirsh said:

If it's backward compatibility with no fee. Good luck cows.

Sony Statement after announcement: "We find no value in that for our customers. Streaming the games you already own is the future for our customers, for a smallish fee."

Keep hoping. Different architectures. They're hyping up nostalgia like Sony has and they needed two Xs to make up the lettering.

#48 Posted by WallofTruth (1777 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Silly, Xbox doesn't do exclusives.

#49 Edited by lostrib (39049 posts) -

@RR360DD said:
@Shielder7 said:

@Chutebox said:

Linkypoo

Quite a few multiplats in there so no

That didn't stop them before