MS Studios polling community about KI on PC (Update)

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/microsoft-gathering-community-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.375

So apparently the devs over at the KI forums are polling the community to see what they'd think about a PC verion of Killer Instinct.

Wheter or not this will result in a pc version is unkown, but, lol?

Updated: The results are in, and nearly 75% of the community wants KI on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

makes sense. MS has given upwards of 33% of launch exclusives to PC mulit plats.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I hope they port it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heil68 said:

makes sense. MS has given upwards of 33% of launch exclusives to PC mulit plats.

The thing is, DR3 and Ryse, and TF, are not owned by MS. It's why i expect SO and DD, from the ps4, on PC at some point.

But KI? They own the rights to that game. It's not unheard off. After all, they own Ori aswell and that's coming to PC. But Ki does end up on PC, i'll be shocked.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

makes sense. MS has given upwards of 90% of ALL exclusives to PC mulit plats.

fixed

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Heil68

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

The thing is, DR3 and Ryse, and TF, are not owned by MS. It's why i expect SO and DD, from the ps4, on PC at some point.

But KI? They own the rights to that game. It's not unheard off. After all, they own Ori aswell and that's coming to PC. But Ki does end up on PC, i'll be shocked.

Really? I think its natural after what 2 years for it to come to PC to get some more sales, where fighting games are pretty big these days.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

About time MS backs up what they've been saying about supporting the PC platform.

Although if true, poor xbone.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: why poor Xbone when you and your cow brigade celebrate getting a multiplat SFV as if you won the World Cup and got a true exclusive? Anyhow, since cows are already counting multiplats as true exclusives why should an Xbone or Microsoft feel bad?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heil68 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

Really? I think its natural after what 2 years for it to come to PC to get some more sales, where fighting games are pretty big these days.

Again, not very common when the console manufacturer owns the IP. That'sw hy i'm abit shocked. It's why Forza, Crackdown, Gears and Halo aren't on PC.

I'm now upset at all, just plain shocked that MS and the devs are actually polling people about it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

yeah if i got some scraps there i might yum them up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

More money for Microsoft to spend on exclusives for the Microsoft platform

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

ever heard of a game called halo? it has 2 releases on pc

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

Again, not very common when the console manufacturer owns the IP. That'sw hy i'm abit shocked. It's why Forza, Crackdown, Gears and Halo aren't on PC.

I'm now upset at all, just plain shocked that MS and the devs are actually polling people about it.

Maybe the devs want more sales? I dont know, fighting games are not my thing and even though I own a X1, I didn't get free version.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yes, I'll hold out for the PC version.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ReadingRainbow4: why poor Xbone when you and your cow brigade celebrate getting a multiplat SFV as if you won the World Cup and got a true exclusive? Anyhow, since cows are already counting multiplats as true exclusives why should an Xbone or Microsoft feel bad?

Because it will be one less true exclusive for the xbone, why even own one if all it's games come to PC and are in better shape on there?

It's just common sense.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Krelian-co

@Salt_The_Fries said:

lol the stupid bs lems make, remember ]"but have you seen titanfall?" or "tomb raider tmed exclusive"

sorry but lems are the ones that acted as if those two were exclusives

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Because it will be one less true exclusive for the xbone, why even own one if all it's games come to PC and are in better shape on there?

It's just common sense.

Pretty much this. I been telling people that games like Quantum Break will come to PC in the long run, Hell look what happen to Alan Wake.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krelian-co

@davillain- said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It's just common sense.

Pretty much this. I been telling people that games like Quantum Break will come to PC in the long run, Hell look what happen to Alan Wake.

just watch some of the latest remedy dev interviews, they hinted strongly at pc versions and they clearly said they will try their best to keep supporting pc. After Alan Wake and microsoft only caring about timed exclusives to fool morons, is pretty clear is a matter of time.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Xbone has no exclusives.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Killer Instinct is an xbox one exclusive SF5 never was..

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Maybe cross platform on-line play between PC and XBone if it does get released?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

MS just keeps proving me right about the XBox.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ever heard of a game called halo? it has 2 releases on pc

Yeah, but that years ago, sicn ethe original xbox. Plus Halo 2 was more like a way for MS get people to buy Vista. GeOW did come aswell, but only the first. It hasn't been common in the latest years. Still, if this happens, i guess there's an opening.

@gameofthering said:

Maybe cross platform on-line play between PC and XBone if it does get released?

Would be pretty cool but MS hasn't been nice with cross play lately.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#24 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Another reason to pass on the next gen consoles.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Good for people who care about KI. I remember this series was about as good as Kasumi Ninja on the Jaguar.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FastRobby said:

More money for Microsoft to spend on exclusives for the Microsoft platform

If they cut out the middle man, the xbone, they might as well just go full steam on PC and cut their losses. That'd be a sure fire way to beat Sony ;). Seems like Xbone is a beta testing machine.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

MS really need keep games exclusive to Xboner, people need a reason to buy it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Mortal Kombat, Tekken, BlazBlue and Dead or Alive are coming to PC, and that didn't require no Stupid Poll..... If Killer Instinct doesn't wana hop on the PC train then thats its loss..... Aint no hermit gone by crying a river.

So yeah.... port it.... Infact, next time just launch it on all the platforms at the sametime.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Mortal Kombat, Tekken, BlazBlue and Dead or Alive are coming to PC, and that didn't require no Stupid Poll..... If Killer Instinct doesn't wana hop on the PC train then thats its loss..... Aint no hermit gone by crying a river.

So yeah.... port it.... Infact, next time just launch it on all the platforms at the sametime.

Just for the record, Tekken 7 isn't officially confirmed yet, though, the hints have been strong. After all the fighters on PC, i do expect Tekken to come.

Now if KI, BB CP and GG Xrd come to Steam, PC will officially have more fighing games than either console. It'd be insane.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'll upgrade my PC as soon as this or Star Citizen releases. I'll also use my PS4 controller for my PC gaming.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@DEadliNE-Zero0

Thats the way it should be.... Open Platforms should always rain supreme....

I know Namco's Naruto games having to PC, one being a port and the other launching on it along side the others but what about the Dragon Ball games ?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@DEadliNE-Zero0

Thats the way it should be.... Open Platforms should always rain supreme....

I know Namco's Naruto games having to PC, one being a port and the other launching on it along side the others but what about the Dragon Ball games ?

Good point and in fact, Dragon Ball Xenoverse is coming to Steam. it's actually the first DBZ fighting game on PC, either ever or in a long time.

Edit: My thread

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/dragonball-xenoverse-is-coming-to-steam-31573333/

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I have several friends that really want to play KI, but refuse to purchase a Xbox One for the one game. Bringing it to PC would be awesome. Reading some of the comments are actually disgusting. The game isn't super popular and could die out, but people do not care and are acting like children about exclusive crap. They said to "assume cross play." I don't see how that isn't a win win.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu

So I went online looking for a fightsick and boom...... $310 for a madcats fightstick !

What the hell man.... I can only pretty much playone genre on it and it costs 300 freaking dollars.

The others were in between $100-$800

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@DEadliNE-Zero0

Woooohooooo ! :p

lets hope for even more.

What else is there anyway ? Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur...... Can't think of anymore.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

So what? SF5 is going to be on PC right out of the gate. PC players will get to experience KI which is a great fighting game imo, so this is great news for PC gamers. What would be cool is cross platform play with PC , a la SF5, the issue with that is that KI on Xbox One has great netcode(runs far better online then last gen games like SF4), so I'm all for cross platform play as long as this does not introduce laggier games. Maybe the Xbox One will lose a true exclusive out of this, but the game has been out for a while now and they are nearing the mid point of Season 2(I think a new character just got released actually, got fire up the game right now I think) so I think KI did most of its job already as an Xbox One exclusive.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I hope they don't. Xbox One needs every exclusive it can get. If anything they need to ditch the season thing they've been doing and release full versions of their games.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@DEadliNE-Zero0

Woooohooooo ! :p

lets hope for even more.

What else is there anyway ? Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur...... Can't think of anymore.

Well, VF and Souls haven't had a new game that recently. Since it's SEGA and Namco, while a late port may not happen, it's possible to assume that if SC 6 and VF 6 came out, they'd have simultanious pc releases. Specially if Tekken 7 does come to, and do well on, Steam

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: well I'd imagine the PC version could use the same servers as the X1 version

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lulu_Lulu

@DEadliNE-Zero0

It damn well better... One of these games has to peel PC Gamers away from those Isometric RPGs.... I hope.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@lostrib said:

@Alucard_Prime: well I'd imagine the PC version could use the same servers as the X1 version

True......good point.....would be similar to TF I guess

edit: I don't think KI runs on dedicated servers actually, I think it's P2P but I'm not sure, I just know the online play is quite better than some fighting games from last gen...but yeah that would be cool if both that and the PC version would run on the cloud servers for cross platform play, but if it runs on P2P only I don't know what kind of results(connection wise) will come out of having the PC 'ecosystem" mingle with the X1 one, as I don't think I ever played a console-PC cross platform game before.....neat idea though in theory and hopeully it's something that works well

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Krelian-co

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@DEadliNE-Zero0

It damn well better... One of these games has to peel PC Gamers away from those Isometric RPGs.... I hope.

news flash, rpgs are here to stay, is probably the most played genre behind fps and mobas, and rightfully so, they are great, don't like it? don't play it.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

That's great, Microsoft supporting there windows platforms, great news. Devs must be happy that those games will bring in more sales, PC gamers will be happy also.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

So MS loses SF:V and goes full retard contemplates releasing Killer Instinct on PC... the ****?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@@

@Lulu_Lulu said:

So I went online looking for a fightsick and boom...... $310 for a madcats fightstick !

What the hell man.... I can only pretty much playone genre on it and it costs 300 freaking dollars.

The others were in between $100-$800

That is expensive, unless I'm reading this wrong but I remember paying like 100$ for my Madtcatz fighstick for SF4. I got the KI TE stick for 200$ at launch, and it's a fantastic Arcade stick that is very easily customizable(more so than 1st gen TE stick I find).

Indeed it is a huge expense and not for everyone, myself having played these fighting games in the arcades growing up, it's a dream come true being able to to play them at home with my own arcade stick.....I still have not gotten over that.....it's magical everytime I use it.

I don't just use mine for fighting games, I use it for some 2D sidescrollers as well, I find the Arcade sticks works very well with some of those. If you want to get serious in a fighting game it is worth it, but it really depends on the person I played insanely good players who only use controllers.....it's a matter of personal taste really.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lulu_Lulu

@DEadliNE-Zero0

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#48 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@davillain- said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It's just common sense.

just watch some of the latest remedy dev interviews, they hinted strongly at pc versions and they clearly said they will try their best to keep supporting pc. After Alan Wake and microsoft only caring about timed exclusives to fool morons, is pretty clear is a matter of time.

That's great news. I am huge fan of Remedy games. Hell, Max Payne was the game that made me PC Gamer. It was released as PC Exclusive. Sam Lake = Awesome .

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I fully expect most Xbox exclusives to go multiplat. DR3, Ryse, Tomb Raider (technically multiplat from the start), Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, etc.

The one exclusive I'm looking forward to is Scalebound, a PC release for that would be great, though it would be a very long ways off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#50 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

Halo, Halo 2, and Gears of War are all available on PC. Of course, no one was really interested.