MS staggering review embargos, DR3 Mon, Xbox Tues, Ryse Thur

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Spartan070 (16128 posts) -

Kotaku link

Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon reviews due Monday, the console itself Tuesday midnight EST, 9pm PST, Ryse review due Thursday???

MS prepping for as little time for bad press about Ryse as possible before launch? Or saving 9.0 megaton as last minute booster?

Sony allowed everything to be reviewed at the same time, interesting that MS is taking this strategy.

Nothing is mentioned about other games(Killer Instinct, Forza 5, etc) but I'd assume they are coming either Monday or Tuesday, possibly Wednesday.

#2 Edited by lamprey263 (21027 posts) -

Look forward to hearing about Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon the most, hope they have a good launch and aren't plagued with hardware issues like the PS4.

#3 Edited by greenballer (615 posts) -

Not a bad strat if they doing damage control.

#4 Edited by greenballer (615 posts) -

Not a bad strat if they doing damage control.

#5 Edited by adders99 (2510 posts) -

yeah I dont really know whats going on with the review embargo thing... surely they cant be that bad... they look like good games so here is to hoping everything turns out good! The only thing I am worried about is the launch itself. I am picking mine up at midnight (Australia) and hoping to get online to download the update so im hoping we dont see the same as whats happened to Sony and have connection issues.

#6 Edited by Sweenix (5102 posts) -

Ryse is going to bomb so hard, so i can understand why they put it back so far, it's got 6.0 written all over it.

#7 Edited by edidili (3421 posts) -

@adders99 said:

yeah I dont really know whats going on with the review embargo thing...

Didn't Killzone and Knack got reviewed just 2 days before launch?

#8 Edited by darksusperia (6882 posts) -

fm5 ign Wednesday apparently

#9 Edited by Spartan070 (16128 posts) -

2 games I'm most interested in aren't listed..sigh

#10 Edited by rell84 (213 posts) -

fvck reviews judge for yourself killzone sf is that sh*t great game but got poor reviews

#11 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

I have a bad feeling about Ryse. Probably 4s and 5s all around

#12 Edited by blackace (18479 posts) -

I gave Ryse a 7. Same thing with KI. I don't think any of the big name exclusives will get anything lower then a 6. The Indie games like Lococycle, Powerstar Golf, etc.. will probably get a 6 or lower though. That's expected here on GS.

#13 Posted by lostrib (26311 posts) -

@rell84 said:

fvck reviews judge for yourself killzone sf is that sh*t great game but got poor reviews

lol, dat damage control

#14 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

OH NO! IT's ALL 4.0's AND 3.0's BECAUSE TC IS TEH PROOF THAT TEH EMBARGO SEALS ARE ARTIFICIAL TO PROTECT MICROSOFT FROM MASSIVE FLOPPAGE FROM WAY INFLATABLE TUB MAN OH NOEZ!!!!11!!

Really?

#16 Edited by McStrongfast (4240 posts) -

Coverage spreadage, maximum exposition duration and long talky internets. I'm sure there's a marketing term for it.

#17 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9449 posts) -
#18 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42248 posts) -

Spread out coverage for additional affect. I fully expect Ryse being the Knack of the XONE.

@McStrongfast said:

Coverage spreadage, maximum exposition duration and long talky internets. I'm sure there's a marketing term for it.

Kind of what I was thinking as well.

#19 Posted by lostrib (26311 posts) -

Sounds like you nailed it

#20 Edited by Netret0120 (1539 posts) -

Ryse better be more than 3-5 hours long or you are getting ripped off for $60

I predict a launch similar to PS4

#21 Posted by Jankarcop (8020 posts) -

xbox720P

#22 Edited by Spartan070 (16128 posts) -
#23 Edited by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

Ooo tc and everyone else. The systen comes out next friday. Reviews comes out next monday. 5 days before release ...

#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11061 posts) -
#25 Edited by McStrongfast (4240 posts) -
#26 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11061 posts) -
#27 Edited by stereointegrity (10532 posts) -

lol microsoft having to cover up the imminent disaster

#28 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Cows praying these games flop. MS has more megatons coming launch day.

#29 Edited by shellcase86 (1694 posts) -

Look forward to hearing about Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon the most, hope they have a good launch and aren't plagued with hardware issues like the PS4.

At this point it just seems to be a very small amount of units affected. Not quite a "plague," we'll see if it gets worse.

#30 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Wow lems think ryse and forza are megatons. They really have been deprived of games.

#31 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Wow lems think ryse and forza are megatons. They really have been deprived of games.

I didn't say these games. No brah bigger than what you know. Sit back and wait for it.