MS Says it's Unhealthy to be an X Fan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by clr84651 (5537 posts) -

So MS says it's unhealthy to be an Xbox Fan & says you should not be against Sony/PS. MS even knows you should like Sony/Playstation.

The console war is over. MS has stated there should be no Xbox Fans.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-microsoft-calls-fanboyism-unhealthy-a-1-00/2300-6417695/

#2 Edited by mems_1224 (48094 posts) -

old and out of context.

#3 Posted by SolidTy (45474 posts) -

They got that new Xbox guy running the show, making some changes in PR I see.

#4 Posted by clr84651 (5537 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

old and out of context.

You're right it is old that there's still Xbox fan boys.

#5 Posted by clr84651 (5537 posts) -

I really doubt Sony will make a similar statement. Would be funny if they did though.

#6 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15839 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@mems_1224 said:

old and out of context.

You're right it is old that there's still Xbox fan boys.

lol

#7 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10791 posts) -

He is 100% correct - Link

"There seems to be this natural faction that gets created around what console you own, and then this, I would call it unhealthy dislike, for people who own the other console," he said."I love the fans that we have, but I don't think being a fan of Xbox does not mean you can't be a fan of something else, or you have to be an anti-fan of some other brand."

#8 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2719 posts) -

I just noticed.. that girl shown on the gamespot thumbnails has the same face and position in every photo - at first I thought they were just reusing the same photo, then I noticed the different clothes and questioned why they would photoshop the clothes different each time. Turns out - upon inspection, they are all different pictures taken at different times, she just has 1 look...

I thought that was interesting...

#9 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11560 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

I really doubt Sony will make a similar statement. Would be funny if they did though.

I'm sure they would. Yoshida has mentioned several times that he owns multiple Wii Us abd plays them. I'm sure if the topic came up someone from Sony would.

#10 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@mems_1224: link is a day old, don't get all mad just because you feel identified.

#11 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11560 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@mems_1224: link is a day old, don't get all mad just because you feel identified.

May not be old but its definitely out of context.

#12 Posted by cainetao11 (18741 posts) -

@clr84651:

And for the most part they are right. If you consider yourself a gamer, and deny yourself games for the simple fact they are on a system that is in competition with another, and you can afford more than one system, you might want to re address calling yourself a gamer, imo. @juarbles is a prime example, with his "real gamer" definition being PlayStation only.

#13 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: of course, TC put horrid spin on ot.

#14 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3214 posts) -

Old, taken way out of context and trollbait.