MS not ready for XBone Disaster - HUGE wait times

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/11/24/microsoft-wasnt-ready-for-the-xbox-one-disaster.aspx

That is some SERIOUS wait time for support. They must really be getting flooded with support calls for this thing. OUCH!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Just took a screencap two minutes ago.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

That's why you shouldn't buy launch consoles. These issues will be dealt with i'm sure. I'm happy with my PS3 for now

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's midnight on a work night. No one is going to need support for an XBox right now. Read the article.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

fool.com

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

It's midnight on a work night. No one is going to need support for an XBox right now. Read the article.

It's 9pm where I'm at; there are always peak times for support sites. The article assumes high-peak times or high-load means it's hardware related for the Xbox One, that's rather odd. Seems like someone is reaching very hard to find something to target.

@navyguy21 said:

fool.com

lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shewgenja

@navyguy21 said:

fool.com

Yep. Very VERY bad PR for MS right now considering the audience.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Shewgenja said:

It's 9pm where I'm at; there are always peak times for support sites. The article assumes high-peak times or high-load means it's hardware related for the Xbox One, that's rather odd. Seems like someone is reaching very hard to find something to target.

Yeah, but 6 hour wait times on launch weekend? Like the article states, either they were terribly staffed or there is big problems in Little China. Please read the article, the guy isn't exactly a dummy who wrote it. These are people in tune with the business world.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Even Kotaku reports same. Ouch.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

Yeah, but 6 hour wait times on launch weekend? Like the article states, either they were terribly staffed or there is big problems in Little China. Please read the article, the guy isn't exactly a dummy who wrote it. These are people in tune with the business world.

Long wait. I did read the article, and the article in which the author wrote about his Xbox One not reading disks. He seems bitter, which explains why he concluded his piece by showcasing that Sony is the "more viable option" while making no mention of similar launch faults. Expecting perfection from a launch is silly, and with the huge influence of social media--little mole hills are made out to be mountains by "game journalists." ;)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Shewgenja said:

Long wait. I did read the article, and the article in which the author wrote about his Xbox One not reading disks. He seems bitter, which explains why he concluded his piece by showcasing that Sony is the "more viable option" while making no mention of similar launch faults. Expecting perfection from a launch is silly, and with the huge influence of social media--little mole hills are made out to be mountains by "game journalists." ;)

Well, until someone writes an article or makes a report of having to wait for hours to reach Sony support, I'd say that at least Sony has put themselves in a far better position to handle whatever issues the PS4 did have. ;) But that's not happening, is it? ;)

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

rofl, thread backfired from the first reply.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja

@KarateeeChop said:

Aww, chuckles, that's so cute. Uhmm, no, it didn't.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Rushed console is rushed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I heard they're using callback though, which is significantly better than making people wait on the phone.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Well, until someone writes an article or makes a report of having to wait for hours to reach Sony support, I'd say that at least Sony has put themselves in a far better position to handle whatever issues the PS4 did have. ;) But that's not happening, is it? ;)

I don't think that's worthy of an article unless he or she is bitter, or simply wants attention.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer:

It's the Motley Fool, so look at it more as an analysis of their preparation for launch weekend (and/or a sign that there are more problems with the console than they are letting on)

All of which is covered in the article.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Your OP and title make it constant, where the article was directed a specific time of day at a specific date. If this were common every day at the same time, then perhaps a valid case can be established. Think of it like using Amazon's Hourly Best Seller as an indicator for anything, sometimes the context is lost. Granted, I do understand you're on a mission here. Loyalty can be so cute, indeed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Shewgenja said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Your OP and title make it constant, where the article was directed a specific time of day at a specific date. If this were common every day at the same time, then perhaps a valid case can be established. Think of it like using Amazon's Hourly Best Seller as an indicator for anything, sometimes the context is lost. Granted, I do understand you're on a mission here. Loyalty can be so cute, indeed.

Or, you know, the thing has only been out a few days so this is all the info we have to run with..

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@Stevo_the_gamer:

It's the Motley Fool, so look at it more as an analysis of their preparation for launch weekend (and/or a sign that there are more problems with the console than they are letting on)

Never heard of them, nor have I read any of their "gaming" related pieces before today. And with a headline throwing "disaster" into the mix, that says all I need to know about the validity of the writing. It's like they're trying to give Kotaku a run for their money.

Or, you know, the thing has only been out a few days so this is all the info we have to run with..

Exactly, which is precisely a sensationalist headline and piece like so shouldn't be paid any mind too.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Stevo_the_gamer:

Never heard of them, nor have I read any of their "gaming" related pieces before today. And with a headline throwing "disaster" into the mix, that says all I need to know about the validity of the writing. It's like they're trying to give Kotaku a run for their money.

Ah, they are actually a venerated business and investing rag. Kinda like the Wall Street Journal only not as mainstream. It's not a humor page, if that's what you are wondering. Often they do blurbs on NPR and such.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

Ah, they are actually a venerated business and investing rag. Kinda like the Wall Street Journal only not as mainstream. It's not a humor page, if that's what you are wondering. Often they do blurbs on NPR and such.

I surely hope their finance pieces are not pushed forth with sensationalism and shoddy journalism like this. Eeek.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

That's why you shouldn't buy launch consoles. These issues will be dealt with i'm sure. I'm happy with my PS3 for now

Right there with ya. 360/PS3 are just great and so many affordable titles.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

A friend of mine couldn't get his kinect to work and was on hold with MS for like 4 hours. Later they told him to ship the whole unit and pay for shipping.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

few days after launch and you are surprised that support is busy? lol, of course.

jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

What is the wait time for sony customer service ? I am sure there are a lot of people calling about there broken ps4's

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

lol at cows overplaying the issues of the Xbox One while downplaying the issues of the PS4 like it was nothing.

The wait time for Sony's customer service was immensely long too, one customer reported waiting for 12 hours and that they didn't really give a sh*t. Watch video for proof. He specifically states in the video that he waited 12 hours and was only sent 10 dollars for psn.

Loading Video...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Watch Moogenja abandon this thread now that he's been shut down yet again, expect a new thread soonish. Fanboys, they're nothing if not consistent.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts

You obviously didn't have any problems with your PS4, or else you would have known that wait times for Sony support in the first few days were extremely long. One out of 3 of my friends who got a PS4 had issues and had to send it back, and he was on the phone for over an hour with Sony support the first time and had to make several calls.

Seriously how do you find this stuff anyway? Do you have a daily routine where you type "Xbone sucks" or "Xbone disaster" into Google to find crap to make threads about?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shewgenja

@Gaming-Planet said:

A friend of mine couldn't get his kinect to work and was on hold with MS for like 4 hours. Later they told him to ship the whole unit and pay for shipping.

Sounds about right.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@KarateeeChop: shew has lost his mind. This is what it has come to for cows lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shewgenja

@XBOunity said:

Tell it to the author of the article. and don't forget to cry moar.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@XBOunity said:

The only one crying is you.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@XBOunity said:

yeah, geeze, Seems like they just want it to be all sunshine and rainbows for their favorite piece of plastic. smh

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Read this and you can we should all be worried

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1626836.aspx

"I'm pretty sure it would be easier for me to sign up for healthcare at healthcare.gov than get help with my Xbox One."

ouch

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shewgenja

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

@XBOunity said:

The only one crying is you.

;)

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Give it a rest. You must be pushing 30 at LEAST, judging by your picture in the other thread. Why are you wasting your time posting anti-Xbox threads?