MS never learns. RTS on consoles.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5283 posts) -

Source

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer answered questions from fans on his Twitter last night and revealed some interesting clues as to what Microsoft is preparing for this year’s E3 and beyond.

One fan asked him “which now-marginalized genres do you think might see a resurgence this gen?” To which Spencer responded “RTS on console.” This is particularly interesting since we recently learned via a job listing on Microsoft’s careers page that Microsoft Studios is looking for someone "to help build and lead the team for a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise."

Age of Empires and Halo Wars are two RTS franchises that fit that description.

Help MS god if Age of Empires 4 will be a X1 exclusive or X1 will be a lead development platform for it. They are a bunch of c*nts. Age of Empires Online failed miserably. Meanwhile Age of Empires franchise on PC sold over f*cking 20M copies. You must be a really stupid bunch of c*nts in order no to make RTS on PC. F*ck you MS. I whish that Linux beats your Windows ass, and PS4 will f*ck up your sales of x1.

The idea of RTS on X1 is ridiculous, as strategy games require very good CPU. X1 CPU is crap, total f*cking crap. Not even taking into account how unpopular RTS are among consolites. You can't do a good RTS on X1 even if they add a full mouse/keyboard support. Adn god save them if they try to addopt the controller for rts. Seriously, how retarded they must be if they still go on with this. It was tried and failed one thousand times already.

They don't f*cking deserve to be in gaming. Right was the people who said that MS had done everything it could to kill PC Gaming.

#2 Posted by KungfuKitten (21414 posts) -

Hahaha I hope it is Age of Empires for Xone and it will fail miserably.
They are clowns.

Bill Gates, pull the plug already.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (43559 posts) -

I really hope that if AoE4 comes out, it'll be X1 exclusive just to see you get even more annoyed.

#4 Posted by tdkmillsy (1711 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich:

I hope they do it just to see you explode :)

#5 Edited by always_explicit (3098 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I really hope that if AoE4 comes out, it'll be X1 exclusive just to see you get even more annoyed.

This.

Chill the F out man. All I hear here is "it wont work so dont both trying". Thats hardly the attitude considering we are barely 6 months into a new gen.

More games is a good thing.

#6 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2886 posts) -

Called it before that whatever it is, it won't be a PC game.

@KungfuKitten said:

Hahaha I hope it is Age of Empires for Xone and it will fail miserably.

They are clowns.

Bill Gates, pull the plug already.

I don't think MS would be in a mess they are in right now if Bill Gates was at the helm.

#7 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5283 posts) -

@freedomfreak @tdkmillsy

I will not explode, as I already prepared myself for the worst. I lost any hope of getting a good PC game from MS long time ago.

AoE 4 to be a X1 exlusive or a x1 lead platform title is no buy for me. It will be just another fail for MS. They will lose millions and in the end they will be out of gaming eventually.

#8 Posted by Suppaman100 (4365 posts) -

Agree, AoE4 on the Xbone would be an insult to the series.

#9 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5283 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@freedomfreak said:

This.

Chill the F out man. All I hear here is "it wont work so dont both trying". Thats hardly the attitude considering we are barely 6 months into a new gen.

RTS on console won't work unless it will be very primitive, but nobody will buy it in that case. Console CPUs can't deal with RTS, especially X1's. Period.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (43559 posts) -
@jhonMalcovich said:

I will not explode, as I already prepared myself for the worst. I lost any hope of getting a good PC game from MS long time ago.

AoE 4 to be a X1 exlusive or a x1 lead platform title is no buy for me. It will be just another fail for MS. They will lose millions and in the end they will be out of gaming eventually.

Yeah, you prepared yourself already by exploding in your OP.

And yes, lose millions, fly out of gaming eventually. Spoken like a man that's been in this business for a looong time.

#11 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

This is MS we are talking about, of course they are making Age of Empires or Halo wars for Xbone.

God forbid they smarten up and make an RTS for PC, nope, Xbone and Iphone are way better platforms for RTS according to them -_-

#12 Posted by tdkmillsy (1711 posts) -

If they needs CPU power they have a load in the cloud.

Getting it to work with controller I'm not so sure about.

If they produce an X1 exclusive and it works that would be cool. Doesn't mean they cant produce a game for PC also.

#13 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5283 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Yeah, you prepared yourself already by exploding in your OP.

And yes, lose millions, fly out of gaming eventually. Spoken like a man that's been in this business for a looong time.

Their only success though was only x360. And it's quite clear now that they won't repeat that success again. PS4 totally kicks their asses. Xbox was a flop, Xbox 360 was a success, X1 will be a flop.

#14 Posted by MBirdy88 (9038 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

I'm sure you would be singing a different tune if it was PS4 =/

Age of Empires lost its relevance.... it was good for its time.... this topic is exaggerated beyond belief.

#15 Posted by always_explicit (3098 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@always_explicit said:

@freedomfreak said:

This.

RTS on console won't work unless it will be very primitive, but nobody will buy it in that case. Console CPUs can't deal with RTS, especially X1's. Period.

Again you adding PERIOD to your argument doesnt give it any weight whatsoever. Its clearly not going to be the same style of RTS you expect to see on the PC...thats obvious. That doesnt mean it isnt possible and it doesnt mean it wont be popular. Why not just wait and see?

#16 Posted by locopatho (21048 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Age of Empires lost its relevance.... it was good for its time.... this topic is exaggerated beyond belief.

Yeah right? It's not like a new Total War or Dawn of War or something is gonna be console exclusive.

Besides, I think a good developer could possibly use Kinect and/or Smartglass to make a better control system for RTS. Could be worth trying.

#17 Edited by freedomfreak (43559 posts) -
@jhonMalcovich said:

X1 will be a flop.

Speculation from the brilliant mind of "Linux will beat your windows ass. Ps4 will fuck up your sales of x1"

Stop acting like such a baby. Good grief.

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

The only reason AoE lost any relevance is because there hasn't been a full fledged sequel since Age of Empires III, 9 years ago.

And that is MS fault. They closed down Ensemble and at that time they had zero interest in Age of Empires, which sold millions of copies. Because they left PC gaming and had no interest in RTS.

But then again, has it really ? Age of Empires II HD and Age of Mythology EX did well on steam and those aren't even new games, they are just re-releases.

If MS made a full fledged sequel for PC it would surely sell millions.

But I doubt they care, they'd rather make age of empires for Iphone and RTS for Xbox...

#19 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

The amusing thing is, RTS on console is more likely to work on PS4 because of the touchpad.

Unles they expect people to bark commands at the TV like some kind of Arthur Wellesley.

#20 Posted by KungfuKitten (21414 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The amusing thing is, RTS on console is more likely to work on PS4 because of the touchpad.

Unles they expect people to bark commands at the TV like some kind of Arthur Wellesley.

Yeah or the Wii U with the gamepad.

#21 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5283 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Yeah right? It's not like a new Total War or Dawn of War or something is gonna be console exclusive.

Besides, I think a good developer could possibly use Kinect and/or Smartglass to make a better control system for RTS. Could be worth trying.

Kinect controls are sluggish as hell. RTS require quick decision making, even as simple as Mobas. Have you ever see a professional Starcraft match ? There every millisecond counts. Watch one match to see how much shit is happening at the same time. A good RTS requires so many keys that only a keyboard can provide. And Kinect will never match a mouse in quickness of response.

#22 Edited by Heil68 (47214 posts) -

I'd buy it on xbone. :D