MS making great strides the REAL Xbox One is coming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Starting in about a week the X1 will turn into the REAL XBOX ONE!!!

Bring on the updates we are getting battery indicators and hard drive management among other key features being addressed in the OS. And next month we are getting a big performance update that should help developers have no problems with hitting 1080p in all games with a nice 10% GPU boost and shrinking up the OS even further for added ram as needed.

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-gets-battery-life-indicator-big-february-140002036.html

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (43426 posts) -

Wow.

#3 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

Xbox Two

#4 Edited by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

Here it COMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lems at this point are so desperate, kinda sad. They think a software update will magically transform the terribad hardware.

#5 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

This is all real talk MS been saying for months this stuff is coming so looks like they are holding true and are going to make the Xbox One the Ultimate GOD BOX!!!

And when the Cloud Death Star becomes fully operational the Butthurt will be so immense system wars will go into a complete meltdown.

#6 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

So does this mean this is the Wait-Box One?

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

So you're happy to have been screwed by MS for a few months now? Cool....

#8 Posted by Netret0120 (2159 posts) -

The desperation is tangible.

#9 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

Lems say 1080p didn't matter and PS4 multiplats "look the same", yet when they get a GPU they rejoice. Just yesterday he said there was no graphical differences between the consoles now he's spouting this?

This guy is the same poster on IGN who spouts all these random, sometimes fictitious bullshit, nothing to see here.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

Still no Dolby Digital? No DNLA support? No it's not the REAL Xbone.

#12 Edited by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

The desperation is tangible.

indeed, the software update will transform the 7770 into a 7970 and the dd3 in ddr10 according to lems.

#13 Posted by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@Krelian-co:

So, Xbox fans are not allowed to get excited about any updates? Is that how it works in CowSpot now?

#14 Edited by Shewgenja (9286 posts) -

Totally picturing M3x the day this update hits being like "ooh ooh ooh! It's UPDATING! OH YEEEAAAAAAH" while watching the progress bar in anticipation. Then using the XBox and it's new whizzbang features for a bit literally salivating at first but then..

and then a couple of hours later he goes and buys a PS4.

#15 Edited by donalbane (16346 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Here it COMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lems at this point are so desperate, kinda sad. They think a software update will magically transform the terribad hardware.

Well, stranger things have happened. Did you have a PS3 at launch? Crap feature set, sub-par multiplats and no games. Then, over the course of it's lifespan, it improved into a whole different beast. The X1 will never match the graphical power of the PS4, but it will get a whole lot better.

#17 Edited by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co:

So, Xbox fans are not allowed to get excited about any updates? Is that how it works in CowSpot now?

by all means, lems should keep making threads every xbone update about how it will turn their crappy hardware into a magical unicorn, i for one will keep laughing.

#18 Posted by Shewgenja (9286 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co:

You should rue the day you bought a $500 TV remote.

#19 Posted by Joedgabe (5112 posts) -

So what happens if this update doesn't do anything at all that's even seemingly actually important to the consoles life ?

#20 Posted by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

So what happens if this update doesn't do anything at all that's even seemingly actually important to the consoles life ?

they will proceed to act as if the next software update will make the xbone a supercomputer.

#21 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Funny how anyone can call a game system with an 8core cpu 8 gigs of ram and a 7x GPU yeah such a bad game console. Sure I guess the Wii-u can push 4k Ray tracing and 240fps yeah the X1 is so bad it clearly has no power at all. Wait RYSE and Forza are the two best looking games on the planet right now Hmmmm!!!

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

In many ways the OP post is true, minus the consistent 1080p games for Xbox One of course. As a Xbox One owner who loves the system, I don't expect based on the specs that even as the system is optimized and the drivers get much much better we'll see 1080p become the norm. I think a greater amount of 900p is possible though. But resolution aside, the One's OS will continue to evolve, Kinect will become more responsive and intuitive, and likely install speeds and apps will greatly improve. Tearing out the DRM infrastructure was likely a monumental task and it will take a while to recover from that. All in all the continued improvement of the system is expected and like the 360 the OS won't look anything remotely the way it did at launch.

But as games grow, evolve, ect I don't expect the One to maintain a great degree of native 1080p experiences. And that doesn't bother me in the least, lol, so long as they continue to deliver Titanfall, Halo 5, Gears of War level games I want to play.

#23 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5395 posts) -

I can't even tell if these are lems or fakeboys anymore, this shit is getting hilarious!

You guys are making the cow shit from the early PS3 days not look so bad lol.

#24 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Praises will be sung far and wide....

#25 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Joedgabe said:

Actually adding back support for showing battery life and allowing you to manage hard drive space and also streamlining the OS even further are really nice updates and it's great to see MS listening to their fans so how do we fault them for that?

#26 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3074 posts) -

@shawn30: I just want to jump in and say thank you. It was very refreshing to read a thought out and intelligent response to the thread. It's nice to see someone actually defend their choice rather than just attack or troll other users. Thanks again and keep it up!

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Joedgabe said:

Actually adding back support for showing battery life and allowing you to manage hard drive space and also streamlining the OS even further are really nice updates and it's great to see MS listening to their fans so how do we fault them for that?

Should have been done from the beginning actually. I can fault them for that.

#28 Posted by leandrro (871 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Starting in about a week the X1 will turn into the REAL XBOX ONE!!!

Bring on the updates we are getting battery indicators and hard drive management among other key features being addressed in the OS. And next month we are getting a big performance update that should help developers have no problems with hitting 1080p in all games with a nice 10% GPU boost and shrinking up the OS even further for added ram as needed.

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-gets-battery-life-indicator-big-february-140002036.html

x1 games can run (on 720p low settings) with 700mb Vram, why would developers need more?

#29 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@WadeFan: No problem at all. Reality is reality in terms of specs and the resolution capabilities of the Xbox One. I'm a huge fan of the system, can easily recognize how imperfect it is, can see its promise while remaining realistic about what the specs are and what updated drivers and optimization can truly do. I want the best games made to the best of the devs ability given what the One is capable of. If it runs better at 720p or 900p so be it. Just so long as the game is actually very good to me. The PS4 will always be more capable at consistent 1080p/60 fps games, though I expect in time it'll hit limits as well cause games will only get bigger from here. But all in all I am very happy with my purchase and support of the One.

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@WadeFan: And yet if someone doesn't praise his choice...gets rude and insulting.

#31 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WadeFan: And yet if someone doesn't praise his choice...gets rude and insulting.

Lol, I could care less if you praise my choice. What would I gain if you did? Some sort of worthless internet joy or acclaim? Please, lol. Buy what you like best is what I stand by. Your reasons why you like it don't matter to me, but I respect them. And I'll never ask you to justify why you like what you do. Its your hard earned money.

#32 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

The real Xbox One is like the old Xbox One except the controller has a battery indicator. Oh, and they let you know how much space is left on the hard drive.

#33 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

did you get banned from IGN or something?

#34 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Lol, I could care less if you praise my choice. What would I gain if you did? Some sort of worthless internet joy or acclaim? Please, lol. Buy what you like best is what I stand by. Your reasons why you like it don't matter to me, but I respect them. And I'll never ask you to justify why you like what you do. Its your hard earned money.

Yeah well you frankly got insulting and rude when I mentioned some negatives about your choice in regard to why I didn't one....so don't think your post is going to fool me.

#35 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

800p 35fps confirmed.

#36 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@me3x12 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Joedgabe said:

You can say the same about the lack of support on the PS4 with the MP3 and playing CD's and stuff like that. MS is the best in the world in software. Give them another year or so they will be wiping the floor with PSN as normal. And I don't think currently you can manage hard drive and stuff on PS4 either so kudos to MS for handling things swiftly

#37 Posted by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

did you get banned from IGN or something?

i was just checking that, i think he did and now he's spamming his nonsense in here, too bad mods don't even care about system wars anymore.

#38 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@me3x12 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Joedgabe said:

You can say the same about the lack of support on the PS4 with the MP3 and playing CD's and stuff like that. MS is the best in the world in software. Give them another year or so they will be wiping the floor with PSN as normal. And I don't think currently you can manage hard drive and stuff on PS4 either so kudos to MS for handling things swiftly

No. I am speaking in terms of gaming. I don't give a rat's ass about CD nor MP3s. I have other devices for that. MS is updating stuff important to gaming. Which should have been there at the beginning.

#39 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7155 posts) -

I welcome any improvements. I realize that they rushed to get the console out the door to compete with Sony. This update will be the first that will eventually sperate the two and push The One to greater heights.

#40 Edited by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

NEXT GEN is coming. XBONE 2.0!! Can't wait!

#41 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I welcome any improvements. I realize that they rushed to get the console out the door to compete with Sony. This update will be the first that will eventually sperate the two and push The One to greater heights.

Your optimism is entertaining. Thank you....

#42 Posted by DaBrainz (7665 posts) -

Still need games

#43 Edited by Strutten (1205 posts) -

@Krelian-co: lol dude, then you wouldnt even be here anymore then, you only troll on daily basis. Why not Contribute with something, instead of justifying choices and pure (bad) trolling?

OT; This news are pretty good, seems like MS are doing what fans want. Better stability and more improved os is good and performance boost is always welcome.

#44 Posted by Desmonic (14105 posts) -

You can actually feel the despair coming out of every word TC wrote... it's like an ominous presence haunting over him...

#45 Posted by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@Strutten said:

@Krelian-co: lol dude, then you wouldnt even be here anymore then, you only troll on daily basis. Why not Contribute with something, instead of justifying choices and pure (bad) trolling?

if you say so.

#46 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yes exactly great updates on Xbox One translate into Cows saying they suck because they don't get these updates on PS. Well they are used to it I guess playing OS catch up all last gen and will remain behind the curve all this gen also.

#47 Edited by AzatiS (7613 posts) -

Im laughing with all these 8% more CPU power , 10% more GPU power by patching !! What the heck !! hahaha ... M$ out of their minds or what? Who on earth beleives this ?

#48 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yes exactly great updates on Xbox One translate into Cows saying they suck because they don't get these updates on PS. Well they are used to it I guess playing OS catch up all last gen and will remain behind the curve all this gen also.

Not to burst your bubble but not everyone who finds fault with the X1 is a "cow"....some people just call it as they see it.

#49 Posted by Krelian-co (10953 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

You can actually feel the despair coming out of every word TC wrote... it's like an ominous presence haunting over him...

If only someone could put a ps4 under tc's bed, he would wet himself at night.

#50 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14098 posts) -

Xbox Zero is coming.