MS join xbox one + xbox 360 sales numbers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by Shewgenja (16095 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

WTF is the point of this article M$ never claimed the 1.1 to be xbox one sales alone. I'm confused because I thought the earnings report was for the xbox division as a whole which equals xbox 360 and xbox1. I'll start to worry when M$ starts to loose money but that's obviously not happening with the close to 5 billion dollar profit they just posted. Here's a better angle for you guys, you can say M$ padded the losses from xbox 1 with money made from xbox 360 since it cost so little to manufacture now, but then again that's money coming from the xbox division going back to the xbox division.

Honestly this thread just seem like a way to detract from the point that despite how good ps4 is selling Sony will never be as financially stable as M$, or at least not for a while. The new Ceo is behind xbox and yea M$ could decide to ditch xbox1 and make a more powerful console in like 2018 what's the worse that can happen? If people bought the xbox one you think they wouldn't buy a more powerful console, do you think M$ would put out a weaker console spec wise after this. Honestly ask yourself if Sony gave us a system like PS4 after making no money from it last gen why would a lem be worried about the status of Xbox division. M$ is money hungry and the gaming market is to profitable for a company like them to just abandon, evidenced by the fact that investors wanted Xbox gone last gen but yet we have the Xb1. Sony is the only company bleeding money which is why cows want to talk about M$ finances, I mean M$ just made 23 bil in revenue while Sony admitted already that they will loose at least a billion by the end of this fiscal year despite PS4 success.

Bottom line is Xbox one is still selling faster than 360 just not as good as PS4, but then again PS3 didn't sell as good as 360 last gen until the end and look how that turned out.

LOL! That right there was a glorious meltdown. THIS is why the XBone is quickly earning the nickname of BritneyBox.

#202 Posted by delta3074 (19908 posts) -

@SambaLele said:

On-topic: of course Sony wasn't forced to do anything. I didn't say that "load of crap" to defend Sony. Like I said, they are to blame as well. And by blaming consumers, I didn't mean it in the moral or ethical way, but in a practical one, taking them as a cause, in a cause and effect relation. First situation: Cause: you charge for a service that no one charged for before. Concurrent cause: people pay for it. Effect: other companies do the same. That's it.When mentioning MS it's just because I see no reason to arbitrarily take one cause out of the chain of events.

On the last things you asked... well, it surely wasn't "right" to do it. It wasn't something really harmful, but I'm sure we're to expect, actually, demand that companies act based on a higher standard. Anyway, the point of that post was that we usually just blame the companies, the market (sometimes the government or even forces out of our control), when all these depersonalized entities are actually a network of people that do what they do having people as both a basis and a target. But for some reason, in those discussions, the consumers' part is usually left behind for some reason. Well, if you already took that into account than I agree I'm preaching to the choir here.

Off-topic, on your last phrases: Now you're talking about morals and ethics. I'll dive into that a bit if you'll allow me. I don't know how far you meant to go with that "none of us are innocent" maxim. But I see you take that as a justification. I don't think what's done here is THAT wrong, especially because it's not like they are hiding that their product is dangerous to our health or something. But it is wrong (yes, it is, that's failing at transparency to investors in the slighest).It's not any socially acceptable minor lie, yet it's not that grave. And even though it's not all that harmful, I don't think we should just take that as normal procedure, stop judging, and let that be part of what we call in my country "black cipher" (tolerance towards misconducts). I'll partly agree with you here. Anyway, if you're talking about minor "sugarcoatings", than yes, that is common, but it still doesn't validate or change the concepts of right and wrong, nor nullify the need to discern both, even in their many shades of grey. I can't see how one act can compensate the other (MS vs. Sony that is). To finish, companies don't suffer the same kinds of social and moral repproval/pressures from equals that we do. That's why we need competition, regulation agencies and consumers that are very aware of the business practices at play. To sum it up, it is wrong anyway you see it, even if it's not a huge issue, even if it's done before by others.

wow, thats one of the best posts i have seen on SW for along time, kudos man

#203 Edited by SambaLele (5552 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

wow, thats one of the best posts i have seen on SW for along time, kudos man

Thx!

#204 Edited by bublover1 (133 posts) -

@blackace said:

@bublover1 said:

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

SONY once again leading the industry while MS decays with misleading information and misdirection.

They learn this misleading info and misdirection from Sony though. lol!! With your analogy Microsoft learn bad practices from the BEST. lmao!! Sony still won't give their PS3 numbers. At least Microsoft gave their Xbox 360 worldwide numbers of 84+ Million at the E3. All we got from Sony was cricket noises.

@charizard1605 said:

Just so we are clear, Microsoft shipped 100k units of Xbox One all quarter. That's Wii U levels of disastrously bad.

EDIT: I lied, even Wii U has never had a quarter this bad. In its worst quarter ever, Wii U shipped ~200,000 units worldwide, double what Microsoft just managed.

Not sure where you're pulling those numbers from. With the NPD numbers, they sold over 400K XB1s in the U.S. alone for the Apr/May/Jun quarter. They sold 197K in June, so where you getting 100K shipped for a quarter? Please provide a link to where you're getting this info.

Shipped doesn't mean sold. Microsoft overstocked their channels with Xbones and retailers severely overestimated the demand for the Xbone. There are tons of Xbones on store shelves unsold for months. GAF estimates unsold stock to be 1-1.5 million. Most of that 197k sold in June might have been shipped to retail channels last fucking year for all we know.

You must not be able to read or you're just completely clueless. Maybe it's a bit of both. It's a fact they sold over 400K in past 3 months as the NPD reported the numbers. So there's no way only 100K would have been shipped for that quarter. I was at Walmart yesterday and couldn't even find an XB1 in any cases. They had abotu 6 PS4's.

You clearly lack basic business sense.

If you buy stock from a manufacturer that's failing to sell, you don't fucking order more stock. You wait until the shit you already bought sells out before buying another batch.

#205 Posted by blackace (23057 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@blackace said:

@bublover1 said:

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

SONY once again leading the industry while MS decays with misleading information and misdirection.

They learn this misleading info and misdirection from Sony though. lol!! With your analogy Microsoft learn bad practices from the BEST. lmao!! Sony still won't give their PS3 numbers. At least Microsoft gave their Xbox 360 worldwide numbers of 84+ Million at the E3. All we got from Sony was cricket noises.

@charizard1605 said:

Just so we are clear, Microsoft shipped 100k units of Xbox One all quarter. That's Wii U levels of disastrously bad.

EDIT: I lied, even Wii U has never had a quarter this bad. In its worst quarter ever, Wii U shipped ~200,000 units worldwide, double what Microsoft just managed.

Not sure where you're pulling those numbers from. With the NPD numbers, they sold over 400K XB1s in the U.S. alone for the Apr/May/Jun quarter. They sold 197K in June, so where you getting 100K shipped for a quarter? Please provide a link to where you're getting this info.

Shipped doesn't mean sold. Microsoft overstocked their channels with Xbones and retailers severely overestimated the demand for the Xbone. There are tons of Xbones on store shelves unsold for months. GAF estimates unsold stock to be 1-1.5 million. Most of that 197k sold in June might have been shipped to retail channels last fucking year for all we know.

You must not be able to read or you're just completely clueless. Maybe it's a bit of both. It's a fact they sold over 400K in past 3 months as the NPD reported the numbers. So there's no way only 100K would have been shipped for that quarter. I was at Walmart yesterday and couldn't even find an XB1 in any cases. They had abotu 6 PS4's.

You clearly lack basic business sense.

If you buy stock from a manufacturer that's failing to sell, you don't fucking order more stock. You wait until the shit you already bought sells out before buying another batch.

You never wait for something to completely sell out before ordering more stock. That's some business sense you got there. lol!!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#206 Edited by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

WTF is the point of this article M$ never claimed the 1.1 to be xbox one sales alone. I'm confused because I thought the earnings report was for the xbox division as a whole which equals xbox 360 and xbox1. I'll start to worry when M$ starts to loose money but that's obviously not happening with the close to 5 billion dollar profit they just posted. Here's a better angle for you guys, you can say M$ padded the losses from xbox 1 with money made from xbox 360 since it cost so little to manufacture now, but then again that's money coming from the xbox division going back to the xbox division.

Honestly this thread just seem like a way to detract from the point that despite how good ps4 is selling Sony will never be as financially stable as M$, or at least not for a while. The new Ceo is behind xbox and yea M$ could decide to ditch xbox1 and make a more powerful console in like 2018 what's the worse that can happen? If people bought the xbox one you think they wouldn't buy a more powerful console, do you think M$ would put out a weaker console spec wise after this. Honestly ask yourself if Sony gave us a system like PS4 after making no money from it last gen why would a lem be worried about the status of Xbox division. M$ is money hungry and the gaming market is to profitable for a company like them to just abandon, evidenced by the fact that investors wanted Xbox gone last gen but yet we have the Xb1. Sony is the only company bleeding money which is why cows want to talk about M$ finances, I mean M$ just made 23 bil in revenue while Sony admitted already that they will loose at least a billion by the end of this fiscal year despite PS4 success.

Bottom line is Xbox one is still selling faster than 360 just not as good as PS4, but then again PS3 didn't sell as good as 360 last gen until the end and look how that turned out.

LOL! That right there was a glorious meltdown. THIS is why the XBone is quickly earning the nickname of BritneyBox.

I guess if that makes you feel better to say I'm melting down by stating the obvious then have at it. I don't know what lems on this site did to you guys last gen but it must have been that bad. What's even worse is the fact that XBox is the most popular console on SW's and every thread about xbox has more cow post than lems(aka cow circle jerk), that accentuates to more of a melt down than any lem post I've ever seen.

Is this the melt down you speak of.

#207 Posted by lamprey263 (32784 posts) -

Interesting read in the OP link, if MS was indeed hurting so bad in sales for the quarter as it suggests, MS will need more than their Kinect-less SKU to turn things around. Frankly, my choice in next gen consoles in narrowing toward a PS4 but MS will have to make some drastic changes to change my opinion. Abandoning the X1 and trying a new hand in something else would kill them entirely, and no longer would I have to ponder which console to get; they'd make that decision real easy.

However, the only way they can pull out of their slump is to get creative, and in there lies the opportunity for hope, not that the X1 will do better, but MS will change their game to such a degree it demands peoples attention. And they're going to need to take drastic steps to do it, it's not going to come about by competing with exclusives and any new app features that can just as easy be put on the PS4.

For starters, they could drop their console price considerably, even take a hit on each console sold initially with hopes to make up costs with XBL subscriptions. They can also attract me by implementing a flat $50 cap on all new retail games, and implement a $40 cap on digital prices for new games which they should do since it cuts down on production, shipping, retailer costs, MSRP adjustment refunds, and that's one less game on the used game market. And, this can help promote better consumer confidence and support for digital retail. They should also practice flexible pricing to undercut retail, as frankly digital should have an advantage over retail in costs but that's often not the case. They can come out with a BC enabled X1 SKU that will play Xbox 360 games; and they can make that option even if people want to play a little more. They can allow XBL subscription to redeem one free older Xbox 360 title per month. They should also include with every new retail game (non-used), and instantly redeemed on digital purchases, a redeemable 3 month XBL subscription, allow smaller downloadable titles or older full sized digital titles to redeem 1 month of service; this, IMO, would be the most effective in bringing about a higher attach rate to the console by giving gamers incentives to pick up games on a more frequent basis. Higher attach rate will also attract publishers to get games developed for it.

Now, I say this not on hopes I think they'll do it, in fact I doubt they'll do much to turn things around for themselves, but if they're going to try to not slump into being obsolete this gen they're really going to have to offer something to gamers that sets themselves apart, and they're going to need to do it before it seems hopelessly desperate. But, things I listed above, these would be things I think consumers would love to have: cheaper system, cheaper games, cheaper digital games, flexible pricing, BC option. It couldn't hurt to throw in some interesting games into the bundles for a change, like say Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. Right now though, this whole charade of trying to be PS4's equal, that's not going to work for them. They need to lead the charge in transforming consoles into something that gamers want.

Anyhow, one app feature I think should be considered is a bundled digital apps at a discount. Anybody can do this really, MS or Sony or Nintendo, whoever can collaborate it better. Basically take Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, since they share overlapping licenses anyways it might be workable to where someone can pay a flat $15-$20/month fee to have access to all three services. And who knows, maybe they can break ground with cable premium networks to acquire digital streaming only of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/etc services in bundle packages too. MS tried too hard trying to integrate the TV experience and IMO it was a mess because they were trying to collaborate with cable services, instead they should have given the finger to cable services and instead positioned itself to be a leader in streaming and IPTV cable alternatives.

Anyhow, I said enough, I'll just end this with... "titty sprinkles".

#208 Posted by Gaming-Planet (17259 posts) -

Who are they trying to fool but themselves?

#209 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@blackace said:

In fact they sold under 400K this past 3 months,389K to be exact.

I don't know how much they shipped but i am sure they shipped more 360 than xbox one,and the market was saturated to the point where MS even say that shipments would slow down or stop to allow inventory to move,maybe you forgot about that already since you have short term memory problems.

Nice the walmart close to my house had no PS4 and like 12 xbox one.

@jg4xchamp said:

It's an earning report.

Why the **** would they not combine the sales of their devices for an earning report?

To hide xbox one numbers from investors probably.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Just because MS is making money doesn't mean the xbox one is doing money,in fact from what is been say MS is hiding bad Surface and xbox one loses with money done by android patent..lol

Their hardware division is doing badly,which is something that investors are looking closely at lately specially anything related to the xbox one,which explain why MS hide the numbers together.

Disappearing Act: Xbox Sales Plummet While Microsoft's Other Devices Continue To Struggle

Microsoft’s mixed results have largely pleased Wall Street. But the good news on cloud services and stabilization in the PC market can’t mask an ugly truth for the software giant: All of its hardware divisions are performing somewhere between terrible and absolutely dreadful. The worst among them, though, was the Xbox division where the rapid deterioration of Microsoft’s console business may lead to another round of calls to spin the division off.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/07/23/disappearing-act-xbox-sales-plummet-while-microsofts-other-devices-continue-to-struggle/?partner=yahootix

This comes from Forbes not dualshockers...

No this thread to dedicated to all those hard working lemmings who flamed sony so hard for joining PS3 and PS2 sales,Karma strikes back again..lol

You should worry because even on sony bad financial stated the PS4 brand has 100% more chance of surviving than the xbox brand with all MS billions,after all there are investors who want it dead,and if they don't start doing go,it may end badly for lemming this gen,remember it is proven than when a MS product fail they will cut it,the xbox was cut in 4 years so was the Zune.

Really.? Because from January to June the xbox 360 has actually outsold the xbox one in the same 6 months time frame,in fact the xbox 360 on June 2006 sold 277k,basically 80k more than the xbox one sold in June 2014.

Yeah have a nice time waiting for the xbox one to catch the PS4,specially with no territory to make out the different from,since they are losing every where,unlike the PS3 which had Japan and mainland EU.

You can resume your meltdown now..lol

#210 Edited by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@tormentos said:

I don't know how much they shipped but i am sure they shipped more 360 than xbox one,and the market was saturated to the point where MS even say that shipments would slow down or stop to allow inventory to move,maybe you forgot about that already since you have short term memory problems.

To hide xbox one numbers from investors probably.

Just because MS is making money doesn't mean the xbox one is doing money,in fact from what is been say MS is hiding bad Surface and xbox one loses with money done by android patent..lol

Their hardware division is doing badly,which is something that investors are looking closely at lately specially anything related to the xbox one,which explain why MS hide the numbers together.

Disappearing Act: Xbox Sales Plummet While Microsoft's Other Devices Continue To Struggle

Microsoft’s mixed results have largely pleased Wall Street. But the good news on cloud services and stabilization in the PC market can’t mask an ugly truth for the software giant: All of its hardware divisions are performing somewhere between terrible and absolutely dreadful. The worst among them, though, was the Xbox division where the rapid deterioration of Microsoft’s console business may lead to another round of calls to spin the division off.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/07/23/disappearing-act-xbox-sales-plummet-while-microsofts-other-devices-continue-to-struggle/?partner=yahootix

This comes from Forbes not dualshockers...

No this thread to dedicated to all those hard working lemmings who flamed sony so hard for joining PS3 and PS2 sales,Karma strikes back again..lol

You should worry because even on sony bad financial stated the PS4 brand has 100% more chance of surviving than the xbox brand with all MS billions,after all there are investors who want it dead,and if they don't start doing go,it may end badly for lemming this gen,remember it is proven than when a MS product fail they will cut it,the xbox was cut in 4 years so was the Zune.

Really.? Because from January to June the xbox 360 has actually outsold the xbox one in the same 6 months time frame,in fact the xbox 360 on June 2006 sold 277k,basically 80k more than the xbox one sold in June 2014.

Yeah have a nice time waiting for the xbox one to catch the PS4,specially with no territory to make out the different from,since they are losing every where,unlike the PS3 which had Japan and mainland EU.

You can resume your meltdown now..lol

Ye surface has been doing horrible since the first one but they have yet to can it because the hardware they are pushing are in some of the most profitable markets like mobile and gaming. The problem is M$ is too cheap to spend the money it needs to differentiate itself from it's competitors in any of these markets. M$ has no clear idea on what they want to do they just see these areas that create huge profits and think that they deserve a piece of the pie. Or maybe they do have a clear idea on what they want to do but it's not what the public wants, when I think of M$ I think of some old stubborn person to stuck in their ways to acknowledge that things are changing, an old person trying to to new things the old way. They have the money they are just to scared to take chances, the industry, not just gaming is making them rethink their whole strategy and their new CEO seems to making some big changes so maybe they will get their head out of their asses but either way I don't care I'm on PS+ and Steam so +1 for me. I would be in meltdown mode if I were making topics about Sony and their finances, but I don't I'm only on here in between gaming sessions and real life.

Edit: The fact still remains how can you consider M$ to be in such a bad position without considering Sony's current financial situation. Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black.

#211 Posted by _Matt_ (10176 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ProjectPat187 said:
@_Matt_ said:

Sheeeeeesh, 100,000 units in 3 months is shite :/ , I guess MS completely saturated retailers with XBO consoles before this.

Says the guy who doesnt know the difference between a heatsink and cpu.

What? I think you are confusing me with someone else sir; I remember you arguing with someone else about it a few months back, but was not me.

No I dont have you confused with anyone, play dumb if you want, previously I was talking about the heatsink in your PC somebody pointed out, but for some reason you wanted to butt in going totally off the subject and start talking about your CPU and Mobo as if you are the only that has a decent PC, it just seemed like you wanted to find a reason to talk about your PC specs instead of the heatsink which the subject was about, but its ok I knew you were just doing a horrible troll job.

Your memory seems a little fuzzy sir. Let me remind you.

Firstly it was a show your rig/setup thread, I obliged with a picture of mine. Someone then complemented me on the CPU in my system, and you started having a go at them saying that only the heatsink could be seen so how could they know what the CPU was, and then stayed resilient that they had no idea the difference between the two. So I would say it was you that did the horrible troll job sir, and unless you can prove otherwise, I say to you good day.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#212 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

LGA 2011

#213 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Ye surface has been doing horrible since the first one but they have yet to can it because the hardware they are pushing are in some of the most profitable markets like mobile and gaming. The problem is M$ is too cheap to spend the money it needs to differentiate itself from it's competitors in any of these markets. M$ has no clear idea on what they want to do they just see these areas that create huge profits and think that they deserve a piece of the pie. Or maybe they do have a clear idea on what they want to do but it's not what the public wants, when I think of M$ I think of some old stubborn person to stuck in their ways to acknowledge that things are changing, an old person trying to to new things the old way. They have the money they are just to scared to take chances, the industry, not just gaming is making them rethink their whole strategy and their new CEO seems to making some big changes so maybe they will get their head out of their asses but either way I don't care I'm on PS+ and Steam so +1 for me. I would be in meltdown mode if I were making topics about Sony and their finances, but I don't I'm only on here in between gaming sessions and real life.

Edit: The fact still remains how can you consider M$ to be in such a bad position without considering Sony's current financial situation. Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black.

Because if the xbox one doesn't do well it will be spin off or just drop,i don't think there is a company in this world that would like to buy the xbox brand,at least not 1 that doesn't have water down the console even more and make everything water down,the xbox is alive because MS has dip pockets from 2001 to 2007 it loss 7.1 billions,and what the 360 did back doesn't quite make it for what they loss,most investors want fast returns and secure winning,the xbox brand doesn't provide any of the 2.

Even if sony goes down,the PS brand has been profitable in the past,and is profitable now so amazon or google could pick it up,but the xbox that is something google will not like or amazon either the brand has been basically a money pit,and the xbox one isn't doing profits,they ware not selling the hardware at a loss,but Azure cost,paying for DLC and exclusivity,advertising draws allot of money,and while azure wasn't on xbox 360 now it is on xbox one which is an added expense and what MS use to make some money back xbox live doesn't have the numbers on xbox one to produce enough to cover the hole,reason why MS was been accuse to hiding losses of both the xbox and Surface with Android money made from patents.

#214 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

No I dont have you confused with anyone, play dumb if you want, previously I was talking about the heatsink in your PC somebody pointed out, but for some reason you wanted to butt in going totally off the subject and start talking about your CPU and Mobo as if you are the only that has a decent PC, it just seemed like you wanted to find a reason to talk about your PC specs instead of the heatsink which the subject was about, but its ok I knew you were just doing a horrible troll job.

Firstly it was a show your rig/setup thread, I obliged with a picture of mine. Someone then complemented me on the CPU in my system, and you started having a go at them saying that only the heatsink could be seen so how could they know what the CPU was, and then stayed resilient that they had no idea the difference between the two. So I would say it was you that did the horrible troll job sir, and unless you can prove otherwise, I say to you good day.

He is a sad troll..lol

#215 Posted by blackace (23057 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Let me know when you find a link saying M$ only shipped 100K in the third quarter. Oh, that's right you don't have a clue. NPD may say 389K, but even they said they do not track every business that sells game consoles, so I'm pretty sure it's closer to 400K in reality. Yes, XBox 360's continue to sell very well. Maybe XBox fanboys have yet to make the jump to XB1.

#216 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@blackace said:

Let me know when you find a link saying M$ only shipped 100K in the third quarter. Oh, that's right you don't have a clue. NPD may say 389K, but even they said they do not track every business that sells game consoles, so I'm pretty sure it's closer to 400K in reality. Yes, XBox 360's continue to sell very well. Maybe XBox fanboys have yet to make the jump to XB1.

I will when you find me one showing that i even hinted that..lol

Yeah that also apply to the PS4 which mean the gap was even larger,NPD not tracking all markets is irrelevant the few that don't get count are not that big and there is no indication that the xbox one sold better on those either.

The PS3 also continues to sell,and PS4 is the top selling console,go hide on other excuses bro,it is not selling because the PS4 has more games,better hardware and wasn't plague by horrible media.

#217 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

XposBone is F***** we know this only lemmings don't

#218 Posted by MonsieurX (35272 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

How is it in a bad position exactly?

I guess the 2nd fastest selling console ever isn't good enough?

#219 Edited by clone01 (26383 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Again, man, why do you even entertain people like this?

#220 Posted by MonsieurX (35272 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

It entertains me

#221 Posted by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@tormentos:

Video: Microsoft Wins Analyst Support On Q4 Earnings

1 Comment Wed, Jul 23 2014 00:00:00 E 00_WEB

By PETE BARLAS, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/technology/072314-709978-microsoft-upgraded-after-q4-earnings.htm#ixzz38VMkx8vg Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

That's what MS investors are focused on right now.

#222 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@MonsieurX: and me!

even more when a hermit has to defend a XposBone LOL

#223 Edited by Shewgenja (16095 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Any of you guys buying into the XBone marketing bullet point want to wager that XBone will not break 8 million units sold in its first year?

Cuz, keep talking that good shit. Fastest selling my left nut.

#224 Posted by clone01 (26383 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Any of you guys buying into the XBone marketing bullet point want to wager that XBone will not break 8 million units sold in its first year?

I don't buy into any marketing. If a console has enough games I like, I'll play said games. I personally find it sad someone does otherwise. If you hate the system, power to you. But to conduct a campaign on an internet forum is beyond pathetic.

#225 Edited by ProjectPat187 (2043 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ProjectPat187 said:
@_Matt_ said:

Sheeeeeesh, 100,000 units in 3 months is shite :/ , I guess MS completely saturated retailers with XBO consoles before this.

Says the guy who doesnt know the difference between a heatsink and cpu.

What? I think you are confusing me with someone else sir; I remember you arguing with someone else about it a few months back, but was not me.

Wrong, nice way to twist things around, since you trolled the last thread this lie was expected of you.

I simply quoted someone and said that they must be talking about the heatsink. Never did I say " how could they know what the CPU was " ( that is your lie right there ) If I wanted to talk about your cpu and mobo thats what I would have said, but you had to come in and put your lame 2 cents in and start talking about your irrelevant cpu and mobo even after I stated plenty of times that we are talking about the heatsink. Im not sure what your point was to begin with, either way it was a horrible troll job.

#226 Edited by ProjectPat187 (2043 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@_Matt_ said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

He is a sad troll..lol

Well well look at here, its the Tormented Tormato, Sony's biggest nutholder, SW biggest troll, the poor person who can only afford a PS4, how is that 900p wobblestation with no games holding up?

#227 Posted by Shewgenja (16095 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

I don't buy into any marketing. If a console has enough games I like, I'll play said games. I personally find it sad someone does otherwise. If you hate the system, power to you. But to conduct a campaign on an internet forum is beyond pathetic.

You didn't answer the question. I was responding to this claim that XBone is selling well and your rubber stamp of said statement. You guys got called out on regurgitating a marketing soundbite from like... early February? and now you want to throw poop as a defense?

Nice try ;)

#228 Posted by clone01 (26383 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

You didn't answer the question. I was responding to this claim that XBone is selling well and your rubber stamp of said statement. You guys got called out on regurgitating a marketing soundbite from like... early February? and now you want to throw poop as a defense?

Nice try ;)

Huh? What did you just write? I'm guessing your cat just walked across your keyboard.

#229 Edited by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Because if the xbox one doesn't do well it will be spin off or just drop,i don't think there is a company in this world that would like to buy the xbox brand,at least not 1 that doesn't have water down the console even more and make everything water down,the xbox is alive because MS has dip pockets from 2001 to 2007 it loss 7.1 billions,and what the 360 did back doesn't quite make it for what they loss,most investors want fast returns and secure winning,the xbox brand doesn't provide any of the 2.

Even if sony goes down,the PS brand has been profitable in the past,and is profitable now so amazon or google could pick it up,but the xbox that is something google will not like or amazon either the brand has been basically a money pit,and the xbox one isn't doing profits,they ware not selling the hardware at a loss,but Azure cost,paying for DLC and exclusivity,advertising draws allot of money,and while azure wasn't on xbox 360 now it is on xbox one which is an added expense and what MS use to make some money back xbox live doesn't have the numbers on xbox one to produce enough to cover the hole,reason why MS was been accuse to hiding losses of both the xbox and Surface with Android money made from patents.

Yea but The point I'm trying to make is that M$ does not need anyone to buy xbox they have more than enough money to support it. If they were going to spin it off they would have done it and it would not be to Google or Amazon or Apple, those are companies they are competing against so whose left to buy it outside of those three. They would not take a chance spinning it off to their competitors and let them have a chance at making it something big. The only company of the 3 I listed who's worth more than M$ is Apple sitting on a $500 billion net worth, last I checked M$ was close to 400 billion strong. If Sony sold or partnered up with one of the companies I listed above then it would be trouble for M$, the only two logical answers are Apple and Google. And I see Apple building their own system before buying PS because all of their parts are made in house and they won't be to happy having to cut deals with amd, so that leaves Google because Amazon does not really have the money to cover Sony's debt.The gaming market is too big for M$ to ignore that's evident by how much stronger the xbox1 sold compared to 360 at launch. M$ made billions off of live alone last year, they just posted making 4.4 billion from Azure, Azure makes money outside of the cloud. M$ has expensive hardware with horrible marketing, I love my Surface and use it more than any of my other tablets and it's compatible with just about everything in my house, but M$ just does a horrible job at marketing it as they do with all products. You talk about M$ loosing 7 billion from 2001 to 2007, in 2000 Sony was worth 100 billion now they are barely worth 18 billion and still kicking, I don't get the point you tryna make becasue Sony made no money at all in the 7th gen.

This thread comes in the wake of M$ ceo making all kinds of changes to unify M$ products and his continued talks of not abandoning the Xbox brand, even with padding the so called xb1 losses they still made 23 billion. You should be worried about Sony finances because M$ is straight.

Still comitted to pushin them boxes in China and Japan:http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/25/china-telecom-will-sell-microsofts-xbox-one-game-console-to-chinese-gamers-in-september/

#230 Edited by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

Well well look at here, its the Tormented Tormato, Sony's biggest nutholder, SW biggest troll, the poor person who can only afford and PS4, how is that 900p wobblestation with no games holding up?

I have a gaming PC with a R9 270 bro..lol

#231 Posted by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos said:

Yea but The point I'm trying to make is that M$ does not need anyone to buy xbox they have more than enough money to support it. If they were going to spin it off they would have done it and it would not be to Google or Amazon or Apple, those are companies they are competing against so whose left to buy it outside of those three. They would not take a chance spinning it off to their competitors and let them have a chance at making it something big. The only company of the 3 I listed who's worth more than M$ is Apple sitting on a $500 billion net worth, last I checked M$ was close to 400 billion strong. If Sony sold or partnered up with one of the companies I listed above then it would be trouble for M$, the only two logical answers are Apple and Google. And I see Apple building their own system before buying PS because all of their parts are made in house and they won't be to happy having to cut deals with amd, so that leaves Google because Amazon does not really have the money to cover Sony's debt.The gaming market is too big for M$ to ignore that's evident by how much stronger the xbox1 sold compared to 360 at launch. M$ made billions off of live alone last year, they just posted making 4.4 billion from Azure, Azure makes money outside of the cloud. M$ has expensive hardware with horrible marketing, I love my Surface and use it more than any of my other tablets and it's compatible with just about everything in my house, but M$ just does a horrible job at marketing it as they do with all products. You talk about M$ loosing 7 billion from 2001 to 2007, in 2000 Sony was worth 100 billion now they are barely worth 18 billion and still kicking, I don't get the point you tryna make becasue Sony made no money at all in the 7th gen.

This thread comes in the wake of M$ ceo making all kinds of changes to unify M$ products and his continued talks of not abandoning the Xbox brand, even with padding the so called xb1 losses they still made 23 billion. You should be worried about Sony finances because M$ is straight.

Still comitted to pushin them boxes in China and Japan:http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/25/china-telecom-will-sell-microsofts-xbox-one-game-console-to-chinese-gamers-in-september/

Dude don't waste your time. Talking business with him?

#232 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/technology/072314-709978-microsoft-upgraded-after-q4-earnings.htm#ixzz38VMkx8vg Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Yet Forbes reports a different story,and no unlike what you think investors are worry about Surface,Bing and the xbox.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#233 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (44216 posts) -

Weak sauce is pretty weak.

#234 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Yea but The point I'm trying to make is that M$ does not need anyone to buy xbox they have more than enough money to support it.

If they were going to spin it off they would have done it and it would not be to Google or Amazon or Apple, those are companies they are competing against so whose left to buy it outside of those three.

They would not take a chance spinning it off to their competitors and let them have a chance at making it something big.

The only company of the 3 I listed who's worth more than M$ is Apple sitting on a $500 billion net worth, last I checked M$ was close to 400 billion strong.

If Sony sold or partnered up with one of the companies I listed above then it would be trouble for M$, the only two logical answers are Apple and Google. And I see Apple building their own system before buying PS because all of their parts are made in house and they won't be to happy having to cut deals with amd, so that leaves Google because Amazon does not really have the money to cover Sony's debt.

The gaming market is too big for M$ to ignore that's evident by how much stronger the xbox1 sold compared to 360 at launch.

M$ made billions off of live alone last year, they just posted making 4.4 billion from Azure, Azure makes money outside of the cloud.

M$ has expensive hardware with horrible marketing, I love my Surface and use it more than any of my other tablets and it's compatible with just about everything in my house, but M$ just does a horrible job at marketing it as they do with all products.

You talk about M$ loosing 7 billion from 2001 to 2007, in 2000 Sony was worth 100 billion now they are barely worth 18 billion and still kicking, I don't get the point you tryna make becasue Sony made no money at all in the 7th gen.

You just don't get it do you.? MS WILL NOT SUPPORT THE XBOX ONE TO BE A LOSING PRODUCT FOR ALL ETERNITY.

They had more than enough billions to keep the Zune alive,can you tell me what the fu** happen to the zune when it failed to challenge the Ipod.? And to think i even had a Zune....

If they are going to sell it they sell it to who ever buys it.

The freaking brand has 13 years and the biggest it has achieve is a shared second place,with sony worse performing console ever,i don't think any one can spin the xbox one into something big,MS has trow endless billions and has fail.

Yet the xbox was kill in 4 years,the zune is dead so is games with live on PC..lol

They don't have to cover sony's debt dude,if the PS4 brand is spin off,they would buy the PS4 brand not sony as a whole,just like the Vaios PC were spin off..

Dude stop....The xbox one from January to June has sold less units than the xbox 360 sold from January 2006 to June 2006,in fact in June alone the 360 sold 277K vs the xbox one first june sales after receiving a damn price cut and still only manage 197k 80k less than the xbox 360 in the same month in the same time frame,the only thing the xbox one is beating the xbox 360 is on cumulative sales because the xbox one shipped a great numbers of units from November to December 31 3.9 millions,while the xbox 360 in that same time frame shipped little because it had a huge shortage,stop your freaking stupidity,if you don't know sh** about this market don't argue every one and their mom knows the damn xbox 360 had a huge shortage that lasted until late April of 2006,which the xbox one didn't have.

Yeah they make billions out of xbox live,that is the reason why the xbox division saw 100 million in revenues,not profits revenues on this last quarter...lol

Is not so much as they doing bar marketing is the other guys have a stronghold on the market the same way MS has it on PC,and MS just can't get in period,is far cheaper to get an android tablet than a surface one,but that isn't why they sold so incredibly great alone,since Apple also owns the Surface sales wise,and those are more expensive,hell i saw many add from MS comparing their surface vs the ipad and showing a $100 dollar lower price people just don't care.

Android and Ios is similar in both phones and tablets so people are use to those.

Yep but what you don't understand is that is that MS will not pump greens into the xbox for ever,there were already investors wanting it dead,don't expect MS to admit that they will spin off the xbox one,that would be stupid of any fanboy to expect just like they deny making a kinectless sku.

If the console fail i don't see MS pushing for another xbox console.

They can unify all they want if the people don't buy the xbox one,they are losing,and you may think that running games on azure cost them nothing but that is not true,server hosting cost money and MS is eating that loss to offer that to developers,their whole cloud powering crap already has fail,developers may save a few dollars on servers,but if the Ps4 version of multiplatforms keep producing more MS is fighting a fight already loss.

They have as much chance in making it in china as they have in Japan,oh and the PS4 will also come to china.

#235 Edited by ProjectPat187 (2043 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Well well look at here, its the Tormented Tormato, Sony's biggest nutholder, SW biggest troll, the poor person who can only afford and PS4, how is that 900p wobblestation with no games holding up?

I have a gaming PC with a R9 270 bro..lol

Well in that case, did I ever tell you I have 300 trillion dollars in my bank account, own 50 yachts, own 7 islands and also own most of the land in the USA? Do you believe me?

#236 Edited by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Yet Forbes reports a different story,and no unlike what you think investors are worry about Surface,Bing and the xbox.

Gonna need to see a link to Forbes. I gave you one. Moody's has MS as a buy, whereas they are the one's that reduced Sony to Junk status. As for investors, I am one. I own both SNE and MS.

#237 Edited by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Gonna need to see a link to Forbes. I gave you one. Moody's has MS as a buy, whereas they are the one's that reduced Sony to Junk status. As for investors, I am one. I own both SNE and MS.

I guess you see what you want to see is on this same page on post 209,i wonder how you miss it.lol

#238 Posted by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

I guess you see what you want to see is on this same page on post 209,i wonder how you miss it.lol

I am not sitting by SW reading every post. I saw a notification from you and clicked on it. I'll stick with the analysts and the trading trend of the stock at this point as far as this investor is concerned.

"was the Xbox division where the rapid deterioration of Microsoft’s console business may lead to another round of calls to spin the division off."---from article. MAY is an opinion of the article. Whenthe CEO announces it, fine. Until then its just a cow wishing for less options in the console market, and that sure as hell makes sense.

#239 Edited by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

Well in that case, did I ever tell you I have 300 trillion dollars in my bank account, own 50 yachts, own 7 islands and also own most of the land in the USA? Do you believe me?

@cainetao11 said:

I am not sitting by SW reading every post. I saw a notification from you and clicked on it. I'll stick with the analysts and the trading trend of the stock at this point as far as this investor is concerned.

"was the Xbox division where the rapid deterioration of Microsoft’s console business may lead to another round of calls to spin the division off."---from article. MAY is an opinion of the article. Whenthe CEO announces it, fine. Until then its just a cow wishing for less options in the console market, and that sure as hell makes sense.

May is an opinion the xbox one bad sales are not..

And this comes from Forbes not dualshockers..lol

#240 Posted by blackace (23057 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

I will when you find me one showing that i even hinted that..lol

Yeah that also apply to the PS4 which mean the gap was even larger,NPD not tracking all markets is irrelevant the few that don't get count are not that big and there is no indication that the xbox one sold better on those either.

The PS3 also continues to sell,and PS4 is the top selling console,go hide on other excuses bro,it is not selling because the PS4 has more games,better hardware and wasn't plague by horrible media.

It's still ahead of the XBox 360 and the PS3 from last gen and those systems sold over 80 million. So I'd say it's doing just fine. Keep your delusional stats to yourself fanboy. The PS4 needs to match the Wii's 21+ million first year sales. Good luck.

#241 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@tormentos said:

As if there wasn't enough to dislike about you already you had to go ahead and show us that you use the white GS theme, that's just downright shameful.

#242 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Ownage approved.

Good job Tormentos, you're really destroying the lems and closet lems in this thread.

#243 Edited by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@tormentos:

"May is an opinion the xbox one bad sales are not..

And this comes from Forbes not dualshockers..lol"

from the same article you linked: As Erik Kain reported here last week, the U.S. retail numbers for Xbox Onedon’t look that awful.

Now are they as good as the PS4? No of course not. But a Forbes correspondent writing an article is pure speculation where as market analysts being bullish on MS stock is a fact. Most investors are going to go with market analysts evaluation. But none of that has anything to do with what games I like to play and I am looking forward to FH2 and Sunset Overdrive. If you want to hate other gaming machines and the options they bring to the market go ahead. But don't try to talk markets, stocks or investing with me.

#244 Posted by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@tormentos said:

You just don't get it do you.? MS WILL NOT SUPPORT THE XBOX ONE TO BE A LOSING PRODUCT FOR ALL ETERNITY.

They had more than enough billions to keep the Zune alive,can you tell me what the fu** happen to the zune when it failed to challenge the Ipod.? And to think i even had a Zune....

If they are going to sell it they sell it to who ever buys it.

The freaking brand has 13 years and the biggest it has achieve is a shared second place,with sony worse performing console ever,i don't think any one can spin the xbox one into something big,MS has trow endless billions and has fail.

Yet the xbox was kill in 4 years,the zune is dead so is games with live on PC..lol

They don't have to cover sony's debt dude,if the PS4 brand is spin off,they would buy the PS4 brand not sony as a whole,just like the Vaios PC were spin off..

Dude stop....The xbox one from January to June has sold less units than the xbox 360 sold from January 2006 to June 2006,in fact in June alone the 360 sold 277K vs the xbox one first june sales after receiving a damn price cut and still only manage 197k 80k less than the xbox 360 in the same month in the same time frame,the only thing the xbox one is beating the xbox 360 is on cumulative sales because the xbox one shipped a great numbers of units from November to December 31 3.9 millions,while the xbox 360 in that same time frame shipped little because it had a huge shortage,stop your freaking stupidity,if you don't know sh** about this market don't argue every one and their mom knows the damn xbox 360 had a huge shortage that lasted until late April of 2006,which the xbox one didn't have.

Yeah they make billions out of xbox live,that is the reason why the xbox division saw 100 million in revenues,not profits revenues on this last quarter...lol

Is not so much as they doing bar marketing is the other guys have a stronghold on the market the same way MS has it on PC,and MS just can't get in period,is far cheaper to get an android tablet than a surface one,but that isn't why they sold so incredibly great alone,since Apple also owns the Surface sales wise,and those are more expensive,hell i saw many add from MS comparing their surface vs the ipad and showing a $100 dollar lower price people just don't care.

Android and Ios is similar in both phones and tablets so people are use to those.

Yep but what you don't understand is that is that MS will not pump greens into the xbox for ever,there were already investors wanting it dead,don't expect MS to admit that they will spin off the xbox one,that would be stupid of any fanboy to expect just like they deny making a kinectless sku.

If the console fail i don't see MS pushing for another xbox console.

They can unify all they want if the people don't buy the xbox one,they are losing,and you may think that running games on azure cost them nothing but that is not true,server hosting cost money and MS is eating that loss to offer that to developers,their whole cloud powering crap already has fail,developers may save a few dollars on servers,but if the Ps4 version of multiplatforms keep producing more MS is fighting a fight already loss.

They have as much chance in making it in china as they have in Japan,oh and the PS4 will also come to china.

Lol of course M$ will not support M$ as a lossing product for all eternity they actually money to invest in it.

Zune could not and never will compete with Ipod, it's the same battle Android is trying to fight or any one in the handheld/mobile market for that matter.

So selling a product in a market as big as gaming to your competitors is a good strategy.

PS lost money all last gen, PS is now the core of Sony.

We are talking about overall not from Jan to Jun by this time last gen Xbox 360 was still in the hundred thousands not sitting at five million in it's first year.

100 million in revenues, when the company as a whole made 23 billion, 5 billion more than Sony's worth.....burn.

iOS is not similar to Android. iOS is the better OS hands, iOS is more mature and now a 64 bit OS.

Are you sure MS won't keep pumping green into xbox or do you just wish they did'nt have infinite money to pump into xbox. This is what M$ CEO had to say regarding the Xbox division

“We are fortunate to have Xbox in our family to go after this opportunity with unique and bold innovation. Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox.

“Bottom line, we will continue to innovate and grow our fan base with Xbox while also creating additive business value for Microsoft.”

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/15/xbox-not-a-core-part-of-microsofts-business-ceo-says/

Azure pays for itself it made 4.4 billion this quarter that's almost half of the 9 billion in R&D M$ put into it.

Unifying saves them money while still allowing them room to try new things, duh.

Maybe so but imagine if you could get a company like comcast to push your consoles, people would be a little more intrigued to try it. Well M$ just partnered up with China's 3rd biggest telecommunications company so let's see who will be willing to team up with Sony. I see subsidized xbox1's coming to China.

So unless you have some inside news we don't, I'd take M$ CEO word over your fanboy assumtpions anyday. I guess you just don't get it.

#245 Posted by Vatusus (6254 posts) -

lol oh the irony

not long ago a bunch of lems were bashing sony for doing this

Its seems all this gen did so far was bitting lems in the ass

#246 Posted by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Lol of course M$ will not support M$ as a lossing product for all eternity they actually money to invest in it.

Zune could not and never will compete with Ipod, it's the same battle Android is trying to fight or any one in the handheld/mobile market for that matter.

So selling a product in a market as big as gaming to your competitors is a good strategy.

PS lost money all last gen, PS is now the core of Sony.

We are talking about overall not from Jan to Jun by this time last gen Xbox 360 was still in the hundred thousands not sitting at five million in it's first year.

100 million in revenues, when the company as a whole made 23 billion, 5 billion more than Sony's worth.....burn.

iOS is not similar to Android. iOS is the better OS hands, iOS is more mature and now a 64 bit OS.

Are you sure MS won't keep pumping green into xbox or do you just wish they did'nt have infinite money to pump into xbox. This is what M$ CEO had to say regarding the Xbox division

“We are fortunate to have Xbox in our family to go after this opportunity with unique and bold innovation. Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox.

“Bottom line, we will continue to innovate and grow our fan base with Xbox while also creating additive business value for Microsoft.”

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/15/xbox-not-a-core-part-of-microsofts-business-ceo-says/

Azure pays for itself it made 4.4 billion this quarter that's almost half of the 9 billion in R&D M$ put into it.

Unifying saves them money while still allowing them room to try new things, duh.

Maybe so but imagine if you could get a company like comcast to push your consoles, people would be a little more intrigued to try it. Well M$ just partnered up with China's 3rd biggest telecommunications company so let's see who will be willing to team up with Sony. I see subsidized xbox1's coming to China.

So unless you have some inside news we don't, I'd take M$ CEO word over your fanboy assumtpions anyday. I guess you just don't get it.

Well i use to have a zune and i did like it more than the ipod,but that was just me and most people didn't like it.

Well is better than keep making consoles to lose billions upon billions,those map packs you get a few month in advance cost MS a ton of millions,in fact the price hike of xbox live as ping point to COD and Activision wanting a share of the cake,why do you think the map packs still come first,Titanfall is another one that i am sure cost MS probably 60 to 80 million dollars with advertising an all,a game they solely advertised for the xbox one,and not even for the xbox 360,because they wanted people to get it on xbox one.

Yes but the PS make money 2 generations in a row and basically took gaming where no other console has took it before,156 million PS2 and before that 104 million PS 260 million units in just 2 consoles,Nintendo 5 consoles combined sold 269 million millions the PS2 and PS1 alone sold almost that.

See that you don't know anything about this industry.? That first bold part there is totally wrong in july 21 2006 MS reported shipping 5 million xbox 360,so basically the xbox one and xbox 360 and almost tied,when the xbox 360 faced a shortage that lasted for 5 months..lol

The 1.8 million Xbox 360 shipments last quarter bring Microsoft up to 5 million for fiscal year 2006, which just ended. Amazingly, amid all the reports of console shortages, the company was still able to ship 1.5 million Xbox 360s during the quarter encompassing the holiday season, including 900,000 in the US, 500,000 in Europe, and 100,000 in Japan

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/07/7321/

This is the reason why you shouldn't debate things you don't know,now the fun par the xbox 360 shipped during the same quart as the xbox one,1.8 million units,now compare that to the 1.1 million MS shipped this quarter which are not even xbox one alone but 360 + xbox one combined,the xbox 360 in that same quarter in 2006 shipped more units than the xbox 360 and xbox one combined this pass quarter,is time to press the panic button for MS.

But the gaming division isn't making money...

I didn't say Ios was similar to android i say Ios and android are similar in cell phone and tablets,android tablets similar to android phones ios tablets similar to ios phones,and i don't agree with that either i do like android better.

Does MS keep pumping money into the zune.? did they keep pumping on the original xbox.?

And yeah just like they say no Kinectless sku only to release a kinectless sku.

Take what ever you want dude,MS has kill already and can kill again..lol

#247 Posted by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Well i use to have a zune and i did like it more than the ipod,but that was just me and most people didn't like it.

Well is better than keep making consoles to lose billions upon billions,those map packs you get a few month in advance cost MS a ton of millions,in fact the price hike of xbox live as ping point to COD and Activision wanting a share of the cake,why do you think the map packs still come first,Titanfall is another one that i am sure cost MS probably 60 to 80 million dollars with advertising an all,a game they solely advertised for the xbox one,and not even for the xbox 360,because they wanted people to get it on xbox one.

Yes but the PS make money 2 generations in a row and basically took gaming where no other console has took it before,156 million PS2 and before that 104 million PS 260 million units in just 2 consoles,Nintendo 5 consoles combined sold 269 million millions the PS2 and PS1 alone sold almost that.

See that you don't know anything about this industry.? That first bold part there is totally wrong in july 21 2006 MS reported shipping 5 million xbox 360,so basically the xbox one and xbox 360 and almost tied,when the xbox 360 faced a shortage that lasted for 5 months..lol

The 1.8 million Xbox 360 shipments last quarter bring Microsoft up to 5 million for fiscal year 2006, which just ended. Amazingly, amid all the reports of console shortages, the company was still able to ship 1.5 million Xbox 360s during the quarter encompassing the holiday season, including 900,000 in the US, 500,000 in Europe, and 100,000 in Japan

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/07/7321/

This is the reason why you shouldn't debate things you don't know,now the fun par the xbox 360 shipped during the same quart as the xbox one,1.8 million units,now compare that to the 1.1 million MS shipped this quarter which are not even xbox one alone but 360 + xbox one combined,the xbox 360 in that same quarter in 2006 shipped more units than the xbox 360 and xbox one combined this pass quarter,is time to press the panic button for MS.

But the gaming division isn't making money...

I didn't say Ios was similar to android i say Ios and android are similar in cell phone and tablets,android tablets similar to android phones ios tablets similar to ios phones,and i don't agree with that either i do like android better.

Does MS keep pumping money into the zune.? did they keep pumping on the original xbox.?

And yeah just like they say no Kinectless sku only to release a kinectless sku.

Take what ever you want dude,MS has kill already and can kill again..lol

We are not done with the fiscal year for Xb1 yet and they are already at 5 mil. And the CEO has already stated he is committed to keeping xbox around so that's all I have to say I'm done debating this with you we will just have to wait and see.

#248 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@tormentos: Damn Tormentos destroying lemmings left and right.

#249 Edited by tormentos (24481 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

We are not done with the fiscal year for Xb1 yet and they are already at 5 mil. And the CEO has already stated he is committed to keeping xbox around so that's all I have to say I'm done debating this with you we will just have to wait and see.

Yes we are fiscal years don't end on December,MS fiscal year ends in June 30.

They shipped this last quarter 1.1 million consoles,that include xbox one and xbox 360,on this same quarter in 2006 MS shipped 1.8 million,and sold more in June 2006 as well by 80,000 units.

So basically if the trend continues,by July or August the xbox 360 will be ahead in cumulative units sold,now they are basically tied,and behind the PS3 shipments by the way as well.,the PS3 by June 30 2007 shipped 6.2 million units in the same time period as the xbox one.

#250 Edited by slimdogmilionar (848 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Yes we are fiscal years don't end on December,MS fiscal year ends in June 30.

They shipped this last quarter 1.1 million consoles,that include xbox one and xbox 360,on this same quarter in 2006 MS shipped 1.8 million,and sold more in June 2006 as well by 80,000 units.

So basically if the trend continues,by July or August the xbox 360 will be ahead in cumulative units sold,now they are basically tied,and behind the PS3 shipments by the way as well.,the PS3 by June 30 2007 shipped 6.2 million units in the same time period as the xbox one.

So still I don't get the point you are trying to make is this thread just to inform people that M$ joined sales of 2 devices in the same division(not rocket science) or that M$ is going to can xbox, regardless of them showing continued support to xbox division and the CEO confirming this. Like I said you just wish M$ would dump xbox but it won't happen, if you were in Nadella's position would you dump a device that's in a billion dollar marke or continue to innovate and learn from your mistakes. The difference between M$ and Sony is that M$ core businesses are not losing money like Sony's previous core, while Sony paid som uch attention to tryna catch Xbox last gen they let companies like Samsung, LG and Vizio come from behind and demolish their core division's.