MS join xbox one + xbox 360 sales numbers.

#51 Posted by Effec_Tor (294 posts) -

How the might have fallen.

#52 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29306 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Just so we are clear, Microsoft shipped 100k units of Xbox One all quarter. That's Wii U levels of disastrously bad.

EDIT: I lied, even Wii U has never had a quarter this bad. In its worst quarter ever, Wii U shipped ~200,000 units worldwide, double what Microsoft just managed.

Isn't 100k likely understating it? I'm guessing you got the number by subtracting last years sales from this years (correct me if I'm wrong), but wouldn't you expect 360 sales to have declined in that time?

#53 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Just so we are clear, Microsoft shipped 100k units of Xbox One all quarter. That's Wii U levels of disastrously bad.

EDIT: I lied, even Wii U has never had a quarter this bad. In its worst quarter ever, Wii U shipped ~200,000 units worldwide, double what Microsoft just managed.

Isn't 100k likely understating it? I'm guessing you got the number by subtracting last years sales from this years (correct me if I'm wrong), but wouldn't you expect 360 sales to have declined in that time?

No, by March 31, 2014, Microsoft had shipped 5 million Xbox One consoles worldwide.

Three months later, at June 30, 2014, Microsoft has shipped 5.1 million Xbox One consoles worldwide.

Over this three month period, Microsoft has shipped 5.1-5=.1 million or 100,000 units of Xbox One worldwide.

This is worse than the Wii U's worst.

#54 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29306 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

No, by March 31, 2014, Microsoft had shipped 5 million Xbox One consoles worldwide.

Three months later, at June 30, 2014, Microsoft has shipped 5.1 million Xbox One consoles worldwide.

Over this three month period, Microsoft has shipped 5.1-5=.1 million or 100,000 units of Xbox One worldwide.

Ah got it.

That is really bad

#55 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Sheeeeeesh, 100,000 units in 3 months is shite :/ , I guess MS completely saturated retailers with XBO consoles before this.

#56 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

can you explain where in your second link you get the 5.1 million figure from? all i can see is them saying "we shipped 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter"....the 1.0 million figure they mention refers to the prior year.

#57 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

can you explain where in your second link you get the 5.1 million figure from? all i can see is them saying "we shipped 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter"....the 1.0 million figure they mention refers to the prior year.

Sorry, I mislinked. My numbers came from this source.

#58 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Sorry, I mislinked. My numbers came from this source.

oh right, so it's now changed from MS's official press release.......to a fucking neogaf thread hahaha

clearly nobody in that gaf thread has a clue what the real figures are...

your figures are probably way off (though most likely still pretty poor)

#59 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -

Perhaps my brain hasn't woken up yet but I still don't understand how we got the 100k for the quarter breakdown figure.

But Sony Too!in full force, I see.

#60 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -
@Floppy_Jim said:

Perhaps my brain hasn't woken up yet but I still don't understand how we got the 100k for the quarter breakdown figure.

If the worldwide shipment is now 5.1 million, and it was 5 million at the end of the last quarter, then that would imply it shipped just 100,000 units worldwide.

Just waiting on official shipment numbers from Microsoft, which I wish they would release already.

#62 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

If the worldwide shipment is now 5.1 million, and it was 5 million at the end of the last quarter, then that would imply it shipped just 100,000 units worldwide.

Just waiting on official shipment numbers from Microsoft, which I wish they would release already.

Operative word being "if"

Neogaf numbers charizard....come on...the WiiU, isn't that bad

#63 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

The GAF link you posted says 5.1 million with only Oct-Dec and Jan-Mar. It doesn't include this latest quarter, Apr-Jun, unless I'm missing something.

#64 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

@charizard1605 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

The GAF link you posted says 5.1 million with only Oct-Dec and Jan-Mar. It doesn't include this latest quarter, Apr-Jun, unless I'm missing something.

FY Jl-Sp Oc-Dc Ja-Mr Ap-Jn FY LTD 2013/14 - 3.9 1.2 ??? 5.1 5.1

Correct me if I am wrong, Xbox One was at 5 million units shipped worldwide by March 31, 2014.

So... where are the NeoGAF numbers even coming from, then?

#65 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@charizard1605: like i said in the other thread "guesstimates" @Floppy_Jim and me can smell bullshit, that's why you've been called

#66 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

@charizard1605 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

FY Jl-Sp Oc-Dc Ja-Mr Ap-Jn FY LTD 2013/14 - 3.9 1.2 ??? 5.1 5.1

Correct me if I am wrong, Xbox One was at 5 million units shipped worldwide by March 31, 2014.

So... where are the NeoGAF numbers even coming from, then?

Right, so it was 5 or 5.1 million by the end of March. I don't know where 100K this Q comes from and that's very unlikely anyway unless the creaky old 360 had no year on year decline whatsoever. Which it surely has, we know 7th gen sales have fallen off a cliff.

Companies who hide their sales in this manner suck a galactic amount of balls.

#67 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605: like i said in the other thread "guesstimates" @Floppy_Jim and me can smell bullshit, that's why you've been called

There was no bullshit, I was linking back to a reputable source with a history of accurate shipments (and therefore, I did not look into the actual trail too deeply). As soon as you were able to point out the irregularity, I locked the other thread, and edited out the inaccuracy from the OP of this thread as well.

Of course, Xbox One shipments were still pretty bad for the last quarter- the most they could have ben would be 800,000 worldwide (since we know worldwide shipments are less than 6 million), but since Microsoft channel stuffed the quarter before by their own admission, they were likely not that high. They are probably more in the range of 400,000-500,000 worldwide for this period.

#68 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

There was no bullshit, I was linking back to a reputable source with a history of accurate shipments (and therefore, I did not look into the actual trail too deeply). As soon as you were able to point out the irregularity, I locked the other thread, and edited out the inaccuracy from the OP of this thread as well.

Of course, Xbox One shipments were still pretty bad for the last quarter- the most they could have ben would be 800,000 worldwide (since we know worldwide shipments are less than 6 million), but since Microsoft channel stuffed the quarter before by their own admission, they were likely not that high. They are probably more in the range of 400,000-500,000 worldwide for this period.

I wasn't suggesting you were the source of the bullshit smell, if that's what you mean.

even though i don't keep abreast of how many consoles are shipped or sold per quarter (for any manufacturer), the 100,000 worldwide units just seemed ridiculously low which is why i decided to look into it.

FYI, i dont believe you intentionally miss linked either, you are not like that IMO

#69 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

I wasn't suggesting you were the source of the bullshit smell, if that's what you mean.

even though i don't keep abreast of how many consoles are shipped or sold per quarter (for any manufacturer), the 100,000 worldwide units just seemed ridiculously low which is why i decided to look into it.

FYI, i dont believe you intentionally miss linked either, you are not like that IMO

That's cool, man, I made a mistake, I should have looked more deeply into the thread I was linking to. Thanks for the vote of confidence though haha :)

But yeah, even if it's not 100,000, it's still pretty low, which is worrying. We probably wanna hope the effects of the price drop are felt over the coming months (maybe there wasn't enough time for the effects to show up in this report?)

#70 Posted by silversix_ (14638 posts) -

MS is as ashamed of their pos console as Nintendo is of theirs.

#71 Posted by charizard1605 (57743 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

MS is as ashamed of their pos console as Nintendo is of theirs.

Nintendo has never once fudged its shipment numbers like Sony (and now Microsoft) have. Ever. For any of their systems.

#72 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

But Sony Too!™ in full force, I see.

I thought that said "Sony TOOL" and was gonna agree that yes Shewgenja is in this thread in full force.

#73 Posted by stereointegrity (10725 posts) -

sts will argue about numbers all day even when he is wrong...its ok bro ur console is doing just fine

#74 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

sts will argue about numbers all day even when he is wrong...its ok bro ur console is doing just fine

numbers are an important part of my job actually.

both my consoles are doing fine thanks.

Also, i clearly wasn't wrong was on this occasion! hahaha

#75 Edited by super600 (30666 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

MS stopped shipping a bunch of xbox one's because the consoles that were shipped were selling slower than MS expected. They overshipped the amount of xbox one's at the console's launch. That is why the shipment numbers are really low. Actuall consoles sold this quarter will probably be around around 600K(maybe even higher or lower).

#76 Posted by freedomfreak (40638 posts) -

The tables really have turned. That's some funny shit.

#77 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151100 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

So... cows have short term memory... that's pretty much what this thread is leading to.

Well I wasn't here for that time frame but judging from the lem comments that still continue today.....I'd say some lems have to eat some crow.

#78 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5291 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

Pretty disgusting to see Sony's corruption rub off on great companies like MS.

The delusion you have... is just... something else. A fucking typical CoD bot and Halo buff I bet.

pew pew pew.. pew bangg!!1.

Murrica.. fuck yeahh!!!1

lmao rofl XD tlhbo..

#79 Posted by nutcrackr (12604 posts) -

Sold 100k more with a new console on the market? lol

#80 Posted by super600 (30666 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

Times 100k by 4 or 5 times(maybe even 6) and you will probably get closer to the amount the xbox one sold this quarter.

#81 Posted by SecretPolice (22071 posts) -

Goose.... meet gander. :P

#82 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2472 posts) -

LOL sales wars continue to be joke.

#83 Posted by Cubs360 (3767 posts) -

@Heil68: Sony does the same thing.

#84 Posted by AdobeArtist (22897 posts) -

@papatrop said:

I guess console gaming really is going downhill :(

It's not console gaming that's going downhill. It's the fanboys.

#85 Posted by gameofthering (10261 posts) -

@charizard1605: That seems like a really low amount for it to be worldwide.

#86 Edited by coasterguy65 (5971 posts) -

So cows finally admit Sony's business practices are a cancer to the industry? Nice going guys...baby steps...

#87 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10570 posts) -

@tormentos said:

MOD EDIT:

The GAF thread, where the Xbox One shipment estimates were coming from, doesn't actually source back to anything. We are still awaiting actual official numbers from Microsoft, but it probably didn't actually ship as low as 100,000 last quarter.

Thank you unknown mod!

#88 Posted by Desmonic (14113 posts) -

Soo...what you're telling me.......is that the WiiU has an actual chance at remaining the number 2 console this gen? :O Wow....

#89 Posted by AzatiS (7613 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Thats accurate !?!! Oo !! Lol if it is

#90 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

MS did the exact same thing with the 360 in the first year and maybe much worse, they overstocked so much they even had to halt production for a while .Of course sales would still go on and would be much higher as they are now actually selling that huge pile of produced consoles .

The tormented Cow brain seems to have a hard time taking this all in and draws the wrong conclusion as usual !

#91 Posted by Desmonic (14113 posts) -

@super600 said:

@nutcrackr said:

Times 100k by 4 or 5 times(maybe even 6) and you will probably get closer to the amount the xbox one sold this quarter.

Or maybe not. Who knows. That's the issue when they mix these numbers together. Surely they shipped more than 100k X1's (that seems way, way too low) but how many more? That is the question.

And then we also need to consider that they are still selling units from the first shipments (brand new day one editions are still easy to get) so it's not like one can easily assume that 90% of those 1.1 million were indeed X1's...

#92 Posted by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

And SW is all about tu quoque again. Who cares? If Sony did this too, it was wrong too. There's no defending this.

That's just an attempt in changing the subject. Back to topic now:

This number - 1.1 million units for 3 months and 2 consoles added up, is up from 1 million units for 3 months, but just one console. How much has 360 sales declined? Maybe we could have an estimation of how the X1 is selling from this.

#93 Posted by kuu2 (7332 posts) -

Thread backfire and SonyGaf strikes again. I wonder is Sony Fan will ever actually break news instead of copy pasting.

Lastly Sony Fan continue to be clowns after Sony started the horrible trend of hiding numbers.

The industry is going to shit in a handbag.

#94 Posted by Desmonic (14113 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Thread backfire and SonyGaf strikes again. I wonder is Sony Fan will ever actually break news instead of copy pasting.

Lastly Sony Fan continue to be clowns after Sony started the horrible trend of hiding numbers.

We can feel the tears and bitterness in every single letter you wrote lol

#95 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3209 posts) -

I laughed when I saw the mod edit in Tormentos post. We should have a mod assigned to him at all times. It would save many of us the headache.

#96 Posted by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

MS joined xbox 360+ xbox one shipment for the 4th quarter,non separate report was issue,they pulled a Sony joining PS2 and PS3 sales.

This is epic since so many lemmings flamed sony for this and accuse sony of hiding sales under the PS2,now what lemmings.?

The xbox one still stranded like i suspected a few days ago,they barely shipped any units and still trying to sell the probably the 1 million units they had shipped but not sold in the retail channel,now is a good time to press the panic button.

MOD EDIT:

The GAF thread, where the Xbox One shipment estimates were coming from, doesn't actually source back to anything. We are still awaiting actual official numbers from Microsoft, but it probably didn't actually ship as low as 100,000 last quarter.

It's their earnings report - that's how it's reported. Guess what - Sony will do the same.

Ignorance is no excuse.

#97 Posted by kuu2 (7332 posts) -

@Desmonic: What is there to be bitter about?

#98 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

oddly enough I'm sure if the PS4 and Xbox One sales were reversed you'd be saying the opposite

#99 Posted by Desmonic (14113 posts) -

@kuu2: You tell me oh bitter one lol

#100 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

That's 1.1 Million total for 3 months can't be worldwide shipments...

Q4 had 13 weeks, which would make the shipments at 84.6K a week for both Xbox One and Xbox360, that can't be right. Or am I reading something wrong here?