MS has so much money they will never cut jobs!

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (4446 posts) -

LINK

"The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

"The restructuring may end up being the biggest in Microsoft history, topping the 5,800 jobs cut in 2009"

"Some of the job cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team, said the people. The European Xbox team is based in Reading, U.K."

trouble ahead!

#2 Posted by always_explicit (3135 posts) -

Well the marketing of the Xbox one has been shocking, I love Xbox but I will be the first to admit the marketing has left soooo much to be desired.

#3 Posted by misterpmedia (4676 posts) -

Sky is definitely falling at MS devices division with them all performing sub par against direct competitors. MS is too rich though so why would they be firing people? Their warchest knows no bounds, Surely they can still pay for everyone's salaries? Surely? Surely right? top kek

Interesting to see that the Xbone division will be affected. Must be rough over there since the launch of the Xbone. Looks to me like it's catching up with them.

#4 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Shareholders say panic cut...

#5 Posted by delta3074 (19066 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Sky is definitely falling at MS devices division with them all performing sub par against direct competitors. MS is too rich though so why would they be firing people? Their warchest knows no bounds, Surely they can still pay for everyone's salaries? Surely? Surely right? top kek

Interesting to see that the Xbone division will be affected. Must be rough over there since the launch of the Xbone. Looks to me like it's catching up with them.

This is one of the things i don't like about MS, unlike SONY they do have enough money to keep there staff, at least SONY pretty much has no choice but to cut staff and restructure, MS has more than enough money to employ these people elsewhere but they jut let them go, it's got to be so much harder on workers when they get the Sack from a company thats financially stable.

I know how it feels to have to go home and tell my wife and kids i lost my Job because my Boss was a Greedy w***er and just wanted bigger profits.

I really feel for these people and MS should grow some ethics and morals as far as there staff are concerned, as bad as Tesco's when it comes to ill treating staff.

#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9637 posts) -

Cuts are what keep a healthy business.......................healthy. You don't see Sony coming up in talks about "how to model your business".

Also don't cows freak out every time a Sony stock report or a "$1 billion dollar loss" thread is created?

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (11880 posts) -

Wait a minute. Microsoft is an invincible juggernaut of busy mcbusiness. This is like a sign of the Apocalypse or something. They cut jobs in 2009 as well.

Errmuhgherd!

#9 Edited by kuu2 (8164 posts) -

Where are the 'What does this have to do with gaming' Police?

That's right this is a MSoft thread. When you acquirer a company you have redundancies that must be purged.

#10 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10955 posts) -

Under new management. Companies restructure for a reason though, and companies that are as well off as Microsoft only does so to increase profits.

#11 Posted by sts106mat (20713 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Wait a minute. Microsoft is an invincible juggernaut of busy mcbusiness. This is like a sign of the Apocalypse or something. They cut jobs in 2009 as well.

Errmuhgherd!

well at least you got one thing right

#12 Posted by SecretPolice (24029 posts) -

TC win's dumbest thread of da day.. Grats. :P

#14 Posted by aroxx_ab (11139 posts) -

When people dont need Windows anymore MS is doomed

#15 Posted by delta3074 (19066 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

So much wrong in this statement.

Windows won't be MS cash Cow for much longer, that would be Azure which is considered the best Cloud computing enviroment in the world and is already being adopted by many companys and is already being used by Formula 1.

People are Very Naive if they think MS only does windows and Xbox,lol

#16 Posted by delta3074 (19066 posts) -
@R3FURBISHED said:

Under new management. Companies restructure for a reason though, and companies that are as well off as Microsoft only does so to increase profits.

which is reprehensible in my book

#18 Posted by Star67 (3472 posts) -

Microsoft has really been lagging behind in terms of innovation and quality compared to some of its competitors. (Apple, Samsung, Google) The problem is they are trying to play catch up to everyone else instead of leading the way on their own.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went the way of IBM in a few years. Still relevent just focusing more on business and software.

#19 Posted by aroxx_ab (11139 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

So much wrong in this statement.

Windows won't be MS cash Cow for much longer, that would be Azure which is considered the best Cloud computing enviroment in the world and is already being adopted by many companys and is already being used by Formula 1.

People are Very Naive if they think MS only does windows and Xbox,lol

Xbox is not profit...it is a reason shareholders want MS get rid of it...

#20 Edited by KungfuKitten (21588 posts) -

Nothing new I guess? Just bigger proportions?
These companies are too big and are actually several companies in one, as we all know, and sometimes one of them fails and the people get fired.
And every few years companies fire a ton of people, whether they are doing well or not.
I forgot what it was called. It's one of the pillars of capitalism. You fire a new wave of people to keep work pressure high, kinda re-motivate the employees.
One of a million things in capitalism that don't really work so well for humanity, but works out very well for companies.

#21 Posted by delta3074 (19066 posts) -

@Star67 said:

Microsoft has really been lagging behind in terms of innovation and quality compared to some of its competitors. (Apple, Samsung, Google) The problem is they are trying to play catch up to everyone else instead of leading the way on their own.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went the way of IBM in a few years. Still relevent just focusing more on business and software.

i agree, they are focusing on Azure, there cloud environment, which is more oriented towards Business than anything else.

#22 Edited by kinectthedots (2991 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

That's right this is a MSoft thread. When you acquirer a company you have redundancies that must be purged.

Actually I was going to say something but then I read..

"Some of the job cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team, said the people. The European Xbox team is based in Reading, U.K."

So, it actually does have something to do with xbox and gaming so that objection can't really be made here.

#23 Posted by Animal-Mother (27175 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

But yet every dollar or building sony loses HAS to be mentioned, Right?

#24 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Your job is never safe just because a business has money....

#25 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (28911 posts) -

" The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

TC really desperate to post some "bad news" huh?

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its because you naturally have people doing the same job, what are they supposed to do? Its not like top management posts aren't culled just (if not more) as much as any other.

#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

Microsoft has so much money though. They can easily buy Capcom and Crytek with pocket change.

Or something.

#27 Posted by nervmeister (15349 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Exactly. Lems (so far) have derailed SW far more times with this kind of crap. Still though, regardless of which side does it, the mods really need to step in and lock these kinds of threads.

#28 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

LINK

"The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

"The restructuring may end up being the biggest in Microsoft history, topping the 5,800 jobs cut in 2009"

trouble ahead!

When they bought Nokia they added all of their 30,000 jobs, This is simple restructuring after that. It sucks for those 5,800 but after adding 30,000 you kind of understand. Thread fail my friend :)

#29 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

With all due respect, Sony is losing billions, posts losses for the last half decade, and credit is junk status. There is no comparison here.

#30 Posted by cainetao11 (20816 posts) -

Sucks people have to lose jobs anywhere. Its corporate taxation. Cutbacks and reporting operational loss is used to offset taxes on gains in corporation. Their bottom line is the priority. No company is different.

#31 Posted by MonsieurX (32198 posts) -

Meanwhile,Sony's selling buildings

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (153510 posts) -

Uh they already have. Maybe you should research a bit more.

#33 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17911 posts) -

MS ceased development of the Flight Simulator series and let the Aces team go back on 2010. Now, Microsoft is trying to get back into the flight simulator market. Flight simmers tend to spend hundreds of dollars on addons for one game. It's not something MS can simply let go of even if it has to hand the game over to a third party.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-flight-simulator-series-to-live-on-but-n/1100-6421000/

Hopefully, whoever made that decision back in 2010 isn't in the same job anymore.

#34 Posted by Heil68 (48766 posts) -

Well when you have to shit can your whole vision of a product and start over like MS has with the Xbone it's too be expected.

#35 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

poor marketing guys, having to make so much bs to sell that pos console and when it fails they still get fired.

#36 Posted by Alcapello (1312 posts) -

Look like lems have finally cost people jobs.

Hopefully microsoft pull through with this....they should take note from sony, sell building asset instead.

#37 Posted by lglz1337 (4446 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: desperate to post bad news ? LOL

we have a everyday xbox bad news

i made this thread because for some reason lemming think only sony cut jobs, where where you when these threads overloaded the frontpage ?

#38 Posted by SUD123456 (4554 posts) -

First of many involving former Nokia staff. They should never have bought a dying business and you will see all of those 30,000 jobs evaporate over the next 3-5 years. If they want to be in consumer hardware or services they need to innovate, not be late to the party e.g. windows phone, surface tablets, buying Nokia, Bing, Skype, aQuantive, etc.

#39 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28911 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: desperate to post bad news ? LOL

we have a everyday xbox bad news

i made this thread because for some reason lemming think only sony cut jobs, where where you when these threads overloaded the frontpage ?

Overload the front page as of when? Is this an attempted case of revenge posting or something?

#40 Posted by Heirren (19698 posts) -

Trouble ahead? Sounds like a nice way of saying the company is restructuring because current members aren't doing a very good job.

#41 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28911 posts) -

@SUD123456 said:

First of many involving former Nokia staff. They should never have bought a dying business and you will see all of those 30,000 jobs evaporate over the next 3-5 years. If they want to be in consumer hardware or services they need to innovate, not be late to the party e.g. windows phone, surface tablets, buying Nokia, Bing, Skype, aQuantive, etc.

Have to say I don't understand MS's acquisition of Nokia. Seems like another in a long line of poor administrative decisions.

#42 Posted by Alcapello (1312 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

Have to say I don't understand MS's acquisition of Nokia. Seems like another in a long line of poor administrative decisions.

It wasn't a bad decision, they just don't know what to do with rarities.

#44 Posted by tormentos (20694 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@misterpmedia said:

This is one of the things i don't like about MS, unlike SONY they do have enough money to keep there staff, at least SONY pretty much has no choice but to cut staff and restructure, MS has more than enough money to employ these people elsewhere but they jut let them go, it's got to be so much harder on workers when they get the Sack from a company thats financially stable.

I know how it feels to have to go home and tell my wife and kids i lost my Job because my Boss was a Greedy w***er and just wanted bigger profits.

I really feel for these people and MS should grow some ethics and morals as far as there staff are concerned, as bad as Tesco's when it comes to ill treating staff.

Nothing make investors more happy as a job cut,is music to their ears more money save for them,is a joke how this world work..Sad

#45 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

LINK

trouble ahead!

They just bought a struggling/dying company in Nokia smart phone division. Did it cross your tiny mind they just might have an evaluating team in there trimming the fat. Fixing the problems.

#46 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

The company reports record quarterly profits every quarter? I wish I made such poor decisions.

How many patents does Nokia own? Serious question.

It was ONLY 7.2 billion. This is Microsoft?

#47 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (28911 posts) -

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

The company reports record quarterly profits every quarter? I wish I made such poor decisions.

MS has some very profitable products, namely windows and office, but have you seen how many huge swings and misses they've had over the last 5 years?

#48 Posted by magicalclick (24496 posts) -

Hmmmm.... First quite. MAY. NICE.

#49 Posted by speedfog (3510 posts) -

It can't be worse then on the dark Sony side.

#50 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

MS has some very profitable products, namely windows and office, but have you seen how many huge swings and misses they've had over the last 5 years?

The last 20 years they have made huge financial mistakes. You have to make miscalculations to find gold mines?

I 100% follow what you're saying though. Something is working up in Redmond though, they print money.

Obama right now is begging for one of their quarterly profits. I wish I had just two hours in a day of their profits. I would be set for life :(

/basterds!!