MS has so much money they will never cut jobs!

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LINK

"The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

"The restructuring may end up being the biggest in Microsoft history, topping the 5,800 jobs cut in 2009"

"Some of the job cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team, said the people. The European Xbox team is based in Reading, U.K."

trouble ahead!

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Well the marketing of the Xbox one has been shocking, I love Xbox but I will be the first to admit the marketing has left soooo much to be desired.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Sky is definitely falling at MS devices division with them all performing sub par against direct competitors. MS is too rich though so why would they be firing people? Their warchest knows no bounds, Surely they can still pay for everyone's salaries? Surely? Surely right? top kek

Interesting to see that the Xbone division will be affected. Must be rough over there since the launch of the Xbone. Looks to me like it's catching up with them.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Shareholders say panic cut...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Sky is definitely falling at MS devices division with them all performing sub par against direct competitors. MS is too rich though so why would they be firing people? Their warchest knows no bounds, Surely they can still pay for everyone's salaries? Surely? Surely right? top kek

Interesting to see that the Xbone division will be affected. Must be rough over there since the launch of the Xbone. Looks to me like it's catching up with them.

This is one of the things i don't like about MS, unlike SONY they do have enough money to keep there staff, at least SONY pretty much has no choice but to cut staff and restructure, MS has more than enough money to employ these people elsewhere but they jut let them go, it's got to be so much harder on workers when they get the Sack from a company thats financially stable.

I know how it feels to have to go home and tell my wife and kids i lost my Job because my Boss was a Greedy w***er and just wanted bigger profits.

I really feel for these people and MS should grow some ethics and morals as far as there staff are concerned, as bad as Tesco's when it comes to ill treating staff.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cuts are what keep a healthy business.......................healthy. You don't see Sony coming up in talks about "how to model your business".

Also don't cows freak out every time a Sony stock report or a "$1 billion dollar loss" thread is created?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Wait a minute. Microsoft is an invincible juggernaut of busy mcbusiness. This is like a sign of the Apocalypse or something. They cut jobs in 2009 as well.

Errmuhgherd!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Where are the 'What does this have to do with gaming' Police?

That's right this is a MSoft thread. When you acquirer a company you have redundancies that must be purged.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Under new management. Companies restructure for a reason though, and companies that are as well off as Microsoft only does so to increase profits.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

TC win's dumbest thread of da day.. Grats. :P

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

When people dont need Windows anymore MS is doomed

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 delta3074

@aroxx_ab said:

So much wrong in this statement.

Windows won't be MS cash Cow for much longer, that would be Azure which is considered the best Cloud computing enviroment in the world and is already being adopted by many companys and is already being used by Formula 1.

People are Very Naive if they think MS only does windows and Xbox,lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 delta3074
@R3FURBISHED said:

Under new management. Companies restructure for a reason though, and companies that are as well off as Microsoft only does so to increase profits.

which is reprehensible in my book

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

Microsoft has really been lagging behind in terms of innovation and quality compared to some of its competitors. (Apple, Samsung, Google) The problem is they are trying to play catch up to everyone else instead of leading the way on their own.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went the way of IBM in a few years. Still relevent just focusing more on business and software.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

So much wrong in this statement.

Windows won't be MS cash Cow for much longer, that would be Azure which is considered the best Cloud computing enviroment in the world and is already being adopted by many companys and is already being used by Formula 1.

People are Very Naive if they think MS only does windows and Xbox,lol

Xbox is not profit...it is a reason shareholders want MS get rid of it...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nothing new I guess? Just bigger proportions?
These companies are too big and are actually several companies in one, as we all know, and sometimes one of them fails and the people get fired.
And every few years companies fire a ton of people, whether they are doing well or not.
I forgot what it was called. It's one of the pillars of capitalism. You fire a new wave of people to keep work pressure high, kinda re-motivate the employees.
One of a million things in capitalism that don't really work so well for humanity, but works out very well for companies.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 delta3074

@Star67 said:

Microsoft has really been lagging behind in terms of innovation and quality compared to some of its competitors. (Apple, Samsung, Google) The problem is they are trying to play catch up to everyone else instead of leading the way on their own.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went the way of IBM in a few years. Still relevent just focusing more on business and software.

i agree, they are focusing on Azure, there cloud environment, which is more oriented towards Business than anything else.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@kuu2 said:

That's right this is a MSoft thread. When you acquirer a company you have redundancies that must be purged.

Actually I was going to say something but then I read..

"Some of the job cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team, said the people. The European Xbox team is based in Reading, U.K."

So, it actually does have something to do with xbox and gaming so that objection can't really be made here.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

But yet every dollar or building sony loses HAS to be mentioned, Right?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Your job is never safe just because a business has money....

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

" The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

TC really desperate to post some "bad news" huh?

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its because you naturally have people doing the same job, what are they supposed to do? Its not like top management posts aren't culled just (if not more) as much as any other.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Microsoft has so much money though. They can easily buy Capcom and Crytek with pocket change.

Or something.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Exactly. Lems (so far) have derailed SW far more times with this kind of crap. Still though, regardless of which side does it, the mods really need to step in and lock these kinds of threads.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

LINK

"The reductions -- which may be unveiled as soon as this week -- will probably be in areas such as Nokia and divisions of Microsoft that overlap with that business, as well as marketing and engineering"

"The restructuring may end up being the biggest in Microsoft history, topping the 5,800 jobs cut in 2009"

trouble ahead!

When they bought Nokia they added all of their 30,000 jobs, This is simple restructuring after that. It sucks for those 5,800 but after adding 30,000 you kind of understand. Thread fail my friend :)

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

With all due respect, Sony is losing billions, posts losses for the last half decade, and credit is junk status. There is no comparison here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Sucks people have to lose jobs anywhere. Its corporate taxation. Cutbacks and reporting operational loss is used to offset taxes on gains in corporation. Their bottom line is the priority. No company is different.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Meanwhile,Sony's selling buildings

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Uh they already have. Maybe you should research a bit more.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

MS ceased development of the Flight Simulator series and let the Aces team go back on 2010. Now, Microsoft is trying to get back into the flight simulator market. Flight simmers tend to spend hundreds of dollars on addons for one game. It's not something MS can simply let go of even if it has to hand the game over to a third party.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-flight-simulator-series-to-live-on-but-n/1100-6421000/

Hopefully, whoever made that decision back in 2010 isn't in the same job anymore.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Well when you have to shit can your whole vision of a product and start over like MS has with the Xbone it's too be expected.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

poor marketing guys, having to make so much bs to sell that pos console and when it fails they still get fired.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Look like lems have finally cost people jobs.

Hopefully microsoft pull through with this....they should take note from sony, sell building asset instead.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: desperate to post bad news ? LOL

we have a everyday xbox bad news

i made this thread because for some reason lemming think only sony cut jobs, where where you when these threads overloaded the frontpage ?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

First of many involving former Nokia staff. They should never have bought a dying business and you will see all of those 30,000 jobs evaporate over the next 3-5 years. If they want to be in consumer hardware or services they need to innovate, not be late to the party e.g. windows phone, surface tablets, buying Nokia, Bing, Skype, aQuantive, etc.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@lglz1337 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: desperate to post bad news ? LOL

we have a everyday xbox bad news

i made this thread because for some reason lemming think only sony cut jobs, where where you when these threads overloaded the frontpage ?

Overload the front page as of when? Is this an attempted case of revenge posting or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Trouble ahead? Sounds like a nice way of saying the company is restructuring because current members aren't doing a very good job.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@SUD123456 said:

First of many involving former Nokia staff. They should never have bought a dying business and you will see all of those 30,000 jobs evaporate over the next 3-5 years. If they want to be in consumer hardware or services they need to innovate, not be late to the party e.g. windows phone, surface tablets, buying Nokia, Bing, Skype, aQuantive, etc.

Have to say I don't understand MS's acquisition of Nokia. Seems like another in a long line of poor administrative decisions.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

Have to say I don't understand MS's acquisition of Nokia. Seems like another in a long line of poor administrative decisions.

It wasn't a bad decision, they just don't know what to do with rarities.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@misterpmedia said:

This is one of the things i don't like about MS, unlike SONY they do have enough money to keep there staff, at least SONY pretty much has no choice but to cut staff and restructure, MS has more than enough money to employ these people elsewhere but they jut let them go, it's got to be so much harder on workers when they get the Sack from a company thats financially stable.

I know how it feels to have to go home and tell my wife and kids i lost my Job because my Boss was a Greedy w***er and just wanted bigger profits.

I really feel for these people and MS should grow some ethics and morals as far as there staff are concerned, as bad as Tesco's when it comes to ill treating staff.

Nothing make investors more happy as a job cut,is music to their ears more money save for them,is a joke how this world work..Sad

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

LINK

trouble ahead!

They just bought a struggling/dying company in Nokia smart phone division. Did it cross your tiny mind they just might have an evaluating team in there trimming the fat. Fixing the problems.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 B4X

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

The company reports record quarterly profits every quarter? I wish I made such poor decisions.

How many patents does Nokia own? Serious question.

It was ONLY 7.2 billion. This is Microsoft?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

The company reports record quarterly profits every quarter? I wish I made such poor decisions.

MS has some very profitable products, namely windows and office, but have you seen how many huge swings and misses they've had over the last 5 years?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It can't be worse then on the dark Sony side.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By B4X

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SUD123456 said:

MS has some very profitable products, namely windows and office, but have you seen how many huge swings and misses they've had over the last 5 years?

The last 20 years they have made huge financial mistakes. You have to make miscalculations to find gold mines?

I 100% follow what you're saying though. Something is working up in Redmond though, they print money.

Obama right now is begging for one of their quarterly profits. I wish I had just two hours in a day of their profits. I would be set for life :(

/basterds!!