MS giving XBL refunds

#1 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10738 posts) -

Say What?

What is happening to MS.....is Phil Spencer really changing shit this fast? Or is MS in panic mode and doing everything they can to win people back?

I know I will be requesting a refund, why the hell not.

#2 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

Is this active members only? If not I'm getting a refund. lol

#3 Posted by santoron (7894 posts) -

Read about this earlier, it's allows you to cancel a Live account a get a prorated refund for the unused amount.

Classy move for the few people dumb enough to pay 60 bucks a year on Live just for the (now free) streaming apps, but really shouldn't affect gamers.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (45528 posts) -

I saw this a while ago but I didn't want to make a thread in SW about it.

It's cray!

#5 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

April NPD will be comedy.

#6 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10738 posts) -

@santoron said:

Read about this earlier, it's allows you to cancel a Live account a get a prorated refund for the unused amount.

Classy move for the few people dumb enough to pay 60 bucks a year on Live just for the (now free) streaming apps, but really shouldn't affect gamers.

Yeah and plus I have never paid $60 for live

#7 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7758 posts) -

Good for Microsoft.

#8 Edited by santoron (7894 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

It's cray!

LOL

#9 Posted by lawlessx (47080 posts) -

something is seriously happening at microsoft..makes me interested in seeing microsoft E3 conference for once

#10 Posted by always_explicit (3042 posts) -

who the hell pays full price for Gold anyway.

#11 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28465 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

who the hell pays full price for Gold anyway.

it doesn't actually matter if you paid full price, you could have paid 30 dollars a month ago, request a refund and they'd give you a refund for the SRP prorated so minus 8 dollars or so 52 dollars is refunded to you.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq

Yes. Once the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates become available in June, Xbox Live Gold members who purchased a paid membership before that day can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by August 31, 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Free or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please clickhttp://support.xbox.com/contact-us after the system updates become available in June.

#12 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8662 posts) -

If anyone bought XBL for Netflix alone, should not be allowed to stay in their home country.

#13 Posted by FinalFighters (1850 posts) -

people actually paid for XBL ($60) just to use streaming apps? LOL Morons

#14 Edited by misterpmedia (4222 posts) -

Pretty good customer service here, but for what they're actually doing must sting for them a lil.

#15 Edited by coasterguy65 (6164 posts) -

Good to see MS changing their ways. Looks like Phil is going in the right direction.The new management seems to be actually listening to customer complaints.

I've never bought Gold just for streaming so I will just keep my membership the way it is. Of course I've never paid of $35 a year for Gold since I started.

#16 Edited by Animal-Mother (27101 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

something is seriously happening at microsoft..makes me interested in seeing microsoft E3 conference for once

April NPDs must REALLY be bad.

#17 Posted by Heil68 (46451 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Say What?

What is happening to MS.....is Phil Spencer really changing shit this fast? Or is MS in panic mode and doing everything they can to win people back?

I know I will be requesting a refund, why the hell not.

You dont play online?

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10738 posts) -

@Heil68: I do.....I read another article that explains it better. I won't be getting any type of refund because I will keep Gold.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (46451 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68: I do.....I read another article that explains it better. I won't be getting any type of refund because I will keep Gold.

yeah, like @FoxbatAIpha said, if you got Live for Netflix, you're doing it wrong and should be exiled from the country. :P

#20 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10738 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

yeah, like @FoxbatAIpha said, if you got Live for Netflix, you're doing it wrong and should be exiled from the country. :P

Yeah the pay wall never bothered me because I always had gold anyway....but this is the right move, no matter how late it is.

#21 Edited by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

I don't see too many doing this. From what I understand, it's only if you cancel now. Then, you just get the prorated amount based on when you cancel and how many months you had left

Edit- beaten to it

#22 Edited by Nagidar (6231 posts) -

Apps are pretty much the only thing I used my Xbox for, I'll be hitting this up.

#23 Posted by clone01 (25141 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

Definitely a shakeup. I think MS realizes they really overshot expectations with the XBox One. Either way, I win. Do my bidding, companies, muhahahahahah.

#24 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74019 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Yup, only active members, sucks that my membership just ran out :3

#25 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ladyblue said:

I had an active membership for about 2 maybe 3 years. Not sure exactly. Well at least active members can get something out of it.

#26 Posted by magicalclick (23495 posts) -

Waaaa, doesn't work on me because I am going to keep Gold.

#27 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74019 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ladyblue said:

I had an active membership for about 2 maybe 3 years. Not sure exactly. Well at least active members can get something out of it.

Yup, i don't see any reason having it now anyways