MS doesn't have an equivalent of Killzone

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

Whether you compare the entire series or just specific gens, Halo has higher scores

Your whole argument has more holes in it after every post. You don't even seem to know what you are arguing for at this point. I've relented (in my first post, mind you) that there are several games in the Halo/Gears series that are better. You contend that the games must be worse because of the meta scores. That would be sensible if every game in the series was ahead of Killzone. They're not.

You chose the games. You chose the way in which we will judge them (metacritic). And now you seem to be backtracking at every post. Again, I'll ask, have you ever played the games? I noticed that you dodged the question the first time, so feel free to answer it this time around.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

HOnestly speaking... Killzone is one of the worst exclusive shooters on the market. It does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@TheEroica said:

HOnestly speaking... Killzone is one of the worst exclusive shooters on the market. It does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever.

I played them solely to see how many swear words they could fit in a campaign. My last count was 9 billion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Agreed with you there. It plays well enough, and the shooting feels good, but it just lacks spark and excitement or intrigue; even giving the potential for the lore.

Then again, I also feel the same way about the Halo franchise. I could happily live in a World without Halo or Killzone.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: son, sit your ass down. First, your bragging over so many exclusives in the yellow. Pathetic. And Killzone franchise is one of the only hardcore shooters left. No aim assist, weight, recoil, muzzle flash, and team based objectives as the standard.

Casual boy. Deal with it, puke.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheEroica  Moderator

@_Matt_: holy hell me too... Of the two franchises I rank them... Halo 1 = Amazing everything else, wake me when its over.

@lundy86_4: lol...

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Gamers, critics, and people have actually played it tend to disagree.

I own them too. But nice attempt at damage controlling, fat boy.

What damage control? Stop assuming you have any credibility on this forum. You've proven to no one that you have the ability to actually determine what qualifies as a good game. Saying you've played it, and somehow can fairly judge it, means dick to me.

It's obvious you have a cowhard now.

First, the Killzone series as a whole was marketed as a "Halo Killer", but the first Killzone couldn't be any more generic. KZ2 was purely a graphical spectacle with a forgettable story and slow assed controls. The multiplayer isn't even average. (yet, I still rate it the best of all the Killzones)

Killzone 3 had COD controls, using both the small L/R bumpers as a snap-on aim-shoot system. Short assed campaign, and the multiplayer was actually a step down from KZ2. In actual fact, Killzone did nothing for the PS3 but push graphics as evidenced by sales. (Combined all the Killzone game sales including it's Vita release, and the overall number is pitiful. Especially considering the span of 4 games; now 5. )

LOL@critics. You're a clown.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: It will be Halo 5 once it's released. Even without it there is still CoD, BF4 and Titanfall. There are storied type games like TLOU on XBox 360.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@_Matt_: holy hell me too... Of the two franchises I rank them... Halo 1 = Amazing everything else, wake me when its over.

Pretty much same for me. I could only drag myself through the later Halo's by means of co-op (everything is better in co-op... right?)

And somehow I managed to get through latest Killzone by admiring the graphics after every enemy...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator

@_Matt_ said:

@TheEroica said:

Pretty much same for me. I could only drag myself through the later Halo's by means of co-op (everything is better in co-op... right?)

And somehow I managed to get through latest Killzone by admiring the graphics after every enemy...

Yeah, Heil and I played through Halo4 together... the others couldn't hold my attention. I agree about coop :P it really does make a lackluster game more fun...

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

What damage control? Stop assuming you have any credibility on this forum. You've proven to no one that you have the ability to actually determine what qualifies as a good game. Saying you've played it, and somehow can fairly judge it, means dick to me.

First, the Killzone series as a whole was marketed as a "Halo Killer", but the first Killzone couldn't be any more generic. KZ2 was purely a graphical spectacle with a forgettable story and slow assed controls. The multiplayer isn't even average. (yet, I still rate it the best of all the Killzones)

Killzone 3 had COD controls, using both the small L/R bumpers as a snap-on aim-shoot system. Short assed campaign, and the multiplayer was actually a step down from KZ2. In actual fact, Killzone did nothing for the PS3 but push graphics as evidenced by sales. (Combined all the Killzone game sales including it's Vita release, and the overall number is pitiful. Especially considering the span of 4 games; now 5. )

Interesting opinion. It almost makes me reconsi - no, nothing you wrote resonates with me at all. There are games in the KZ series that are better than games in the Halo series. By both metacritic or separate subjective factors. Calling KZ3 a CoD inspired game is hilarious especially with the release of Halo 4. Haha.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

Whether you compare the entire series or just specific gens, Halo has higher scores

Your whole argument has more holes in it after every post. You don't even seem to know what you are arguing for at this point. I've relented (in my first post, mind you) that there are several games in the Halo/Gears series that are better. You contend that the games must be worse because of the meta scores. That would be sensible if every game in the series was ahead of Killzone. They're not.

You chose the games. You chose the way in which we will judge them (metacritic). And now you seem to be backtracking at every post. Again, I'll ask, have you ever played the games? I noticed that you dodged the question the first time, so feel free to answer it this time around.

I played KZ 2 and 3. I like them, but not as much as Halo.

Why does every Halo need to have a higher score than KZ 2 to be a better franchise? 3 of the Halo's are scored better than KZ 2, and all the Halo's are scored better than KZ 1, 3 and Shadowfall.

Like i said, average all the games or just the gens and Halo wins either way. Also, no way will Halo 5 be anywhere near KZ Shadowfalls score.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@spicymeatball27 said:

killzone 4 lol. Biggest piece of shit shooter there is with its shit campaign just like boring crysis2/3/BF4 campaigns. You shoot a bunch of waves of guys in black masks/ suits that are boring as shit. So many gamers who bought it and reviewed it like DSPGaming/TheRadBrad/AngryJoeShow etc etc couldn't stand to play this trash of a game. Hell even in the comment section of over 3,000 were bored to tears of Borezone shadowdick/ tons left the stream because of how boring it was LOL. So many parts of the game that drag out to long/ waves & waves of dudes in black masks they spam at you *Yawn* . Alot of boring shit where u glide in air which is just stupid & frustration from what i read.

PS can keep that dogshit cause its garbage & everyone already stated that which i'm more inclined to believe them(bigger audience/ 2 million subscribers) who own both consoles then the 10 sony cock smoker fanboys that come here 24/7 lol

wow, I wonder who's xbot ass hurt fanatic alt you are.

Love how all you lemming keep deflecting the original context of the article, it said Uncharted, TLOU and Killzone. lol, Talk as much shit as you want about Killzone (some sony fans may even agree with you) but it doesn't change the fact that sony has a high class caliber of exclusives that you can't quite find on xbox. That is the message and point of the article.

Hell they could have added Little Big Planet, Beyond 2 Souls, The Puppeteer or many other AAA Sony exclusives but they just stopped at the most well known games.

All MS has is Halo/Forza/Gears. Halo is all MS has left for true high power exclusives. Forza has less consumer appeal than GT and never reached it's level of quality as a sim, and Gears is overshadowed by Uncharted ever since the first game released. When you add all the other AAA caliber titles and franchises Sony has what the author of this piece said makes perfect sense.

Damn looks like Lems will be ragging 24/7 til the year 2022 lol

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

We can only be thankful that MS does not have an equivalent of Killzone.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

Someone is upset, must be "the Sony myth" in full force. XD

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Interesting opinion. It almost makes me reconsi - no, nothing you wrote resonates with me at all. There are games in the KZ series that are better than games in the Halo series. By both metacritic or separate subjective factors. Calling KZ3 a CoD inspired game is hilarious especially with the release of Halo 4. Haha.

So...naturally (and in your opinion), if something doesn't "resonate" with you, it's bullshit?

You know, excluding the fact that you're a douche.(and obviously trolling lol)

reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

ODST the stop gap halo game is better than any of the KZ franchise in terms of gameplay and story pacing, Jesus I cannot even bring myself to finish the borefest that is Shadowfall, GG cannot for the life of them breath life into its generic by the numbers FPS series. WTF was that 1950's ray gun revival life ray in KZ2 all about? Just no......for gods sake just close this pointless thread.