MS doesn't have an equivalent of Killzone

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I've just read probably the most absurd thing for a long time. An article from a Polish equivalent of FORBES says that PlayStation brand has franchises (apparently The Last of Us is now a franchise) like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Killzone which are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on Xbox.

An equivalent of Killzone.

I cannot believe it.

In the same article I've also read that games sell consoles and that Xbox One doesn't have any.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Polish cow. Doesn't surprise me.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I've just read probably the most absurd thing for a long time. An article from a Polish equivalent of FORBES says that PlayStation brand has franchises (apparently The Last of Us is now a franchise) like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Killzone which are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on Xbox.

I cannot believe it.

In the same article I've also read that games sell consoles and that Xbox One doesn't have any.

MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Not every site with articles is credible.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Lol but this is like the Polish equivalent of Forbes and an economic branch of the biggest newspaper in Poland.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

It's true, and now you are butthurt. So go cry about it.

THREAD/

BTW:

Believe it or not games like the Last of Us, Uncharted and God of War are the reason's why so many people are picking up PS4 despite not having any big heavy hitters ATM. MS ditching the core xbox360 fan base and axing a bunch of studios mid gen for kinect pot of gold didn't help either.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Thank God, they don't.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Nah he's right, the FPS games the Xbox has are actually good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Lol but this is like the Polish equivalent of Forbes and an economic branch of the biggest newspaper in Poland.

Don't they take user submitted blogs essentially?

Also loads of respectable papers here are largely useless with gaming stuff. I've found broadsheets come out with some laughable stuff around video games.

Pretty much a non issue, a single individual says something stupid in a source that isn't credible. You can probably find 10 of those a day.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

This thread sucks, as expected.

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent.

KZ2 and 3 both had better campaigns than every single Gears and Halo last gen (not named Halo 3 or Gears 1). Some would argue that KZ2 had better MP than both, but I haven't invested enough time in it to say that as truth.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cranler

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

KZ2 and 3 both had better campaigns than every single Gears and Halo last gen (not named Halo 3 or Gears 1). Some would argue that KZ2 had better MP than both, but I haven't invested enough time in it to say that as truth.

You can't objectively say that KZ had better campaigns. What we can look at is metacritic and sales. Gears 2 campaign is better than 1 since it has more variety btw.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

Everything in the post above is actually the opposite of the truth.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

It's unfortunate we can't say "lol level 1" anymore. But there's no way you're not trolling with that statement.

KZ2 was better than Killzone 1, while KZ3 copied COD and failed miserably. Graphical benchmarks? Yep. Good games? Hardly.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

HALO 3 - 94/100

HALO ODST - 83/100

HALO 4 - 87/100

VS.

KILLZONE 2 - 91

KILLZONE 3 - 84

KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL - 73

HALO 3 SOLD 14 MILLION

KILLZONE 3 SOLD 2.5 million

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

It makes sense. Killzone is a hardcore shooter, while Halo is casual. Don't see what the problem is

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife

EXCLUSIVE GAMES!!! NO OLD HD REMAKE GAMES!!!(LIKE FLOWER OR LIKE THAT)

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FreedomFreeLife

@xboxdone74 said:

It makes sense. Killzone is a hardcore shooter, while Halo is casual. Don't see what the problem is

this is best joke i ever heard. Killzone is CASUAL SHOOTER.

Do you have any idea what is hardcore shooter?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Polish

Yup, that explains it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

What's with all the ethnic hate in this thread? :X

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

True, they don't have an FPS series where each installment is rated worse than the previous one.

WAIT A MINUTE

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Dude why so serious?

A magazine, that few in the sw's has even heard, of spouting obvious ignorance.. shouldn't upset you this much.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UnbiasedPoster

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

You can't objectively say that KZ had better campaigns. What we can look at is metacritic and sales. Gears 2 campaign is better than 1 since it has more variety btw.

Based on me playing every game in every franchise you mentioned I can indeed say that.

Scores represent the game as a whole, not just one portion. I specifically said the SP portion of those games were better. Either way, its like splitting hairs between the games. All of them were above 80 on metacritic. And then there's the fact that KZ2 actually has a higher metacritic than Halo 4...which completely makes your initial statement either

1) false

2) completely subjective

For future reference, sales do not represent game quality. Variety does not always make a game better.

Post better.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UnbiasedPoster

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

It's unfortunate we can't say "lol level 1" anymore. But there's no way you're not trolling with that statement.

KZ2 was better than Killzone 1, while KZ3 copied COD and failed miserably. Graphical benchmarks? Yep. Good games? Hardly.

Gamers, critics, and people have actually played it tend to disagree.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cranler

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

Based on me playing every game in every franchise you mentioned I can indeed say that.

Scores represent the game as a whole, not just one portion. I specifically said the SP portion of those games were better. Either way, its like splitting hairs between the games. All of them were above 80 on metacritic. And then there's the fact that KZ2 actually has a higher metacritic than Halo 4...which completely makes your initial statement either

1) false

2) completely subjective

For future reference, sales do not represent game quality. Variety does not always make a game better.

Post better.

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Thank God, they don't.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

You have a point, Xbox One does have more forgettable games than PS4.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@NFJSupreme said:

U.S. Forbes is ridiculous as well man.. You can't sell magazines or website hits with pure objectivity.. That shit's boring son..

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#28  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

It's true, and now you are butthurt. So go cry about it.

THREAD/

BTW:

Believe it or not games like the Last of Us, Uncharted and God of War are the reason's why so many people are picking up PS4 despite not having any big heavy hitters ATM. MS ditching the core xbox360 fan base and axing a bunch of studios mid gen for kinect pot of gold didn't help either.

This....most reasonable lemmings "jumped out" when they seen 3 years of xbox casualization and the kinect / wii pot of gold focus. In that same time Sony released dozens of PS3 exclusives, and they are still coming out. Infact probably around 80% of Japan's thirdparty games are exclusive to PS3 this year.

Sony slipped up a bit in the start of the Ps3 gen, corrected it in 2008 and has been improving every year for game releases. Anyone who follows gaming can see this.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I got my PS4 for Sony's exclusive. Killzone is NOT one of them. It's a generic shooter with a generic story and tacked on MP that is virtually dead online. The only reason it gets praise is because it has stellar graphics. And no I'm not a fanboy, I'll gladly admit that UC2 is my all time favorite game and Uncharted my favorite series.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Franchises like those, or those franchises specifically? Because uncharted isn't on xbox.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UnbiasedPoster

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

1) false

2) completely subjective

Post better.

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I'm sorry if that offended you. The article is from a polish magazine, so I made a joke about the writer possibly being a cow. I'll commit seppuku.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

Nah he's right, the FPS games the Xbox has are actually good.

FPS gameS? Plural? Its only Halo

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I'm sorry if that offended you. The article is from a polish magazine, so I made a joke about the writer possibly being a cow. I'll commit seppuku.

I thought you were insulting his nationality, because you could have simply said "cow" and not "polish cow"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Great. What does that prove? That the XOne has more shit games than the PS4? Whats funny is that Resogun is still the highest rated exclusive game so far... its more sad than funny though

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cranler

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

1) false

2) completely subjective

Post better.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

this is exactly why the xbox one is going to have hell gaining ground in this thing. its just popular to hate on it and Microsoft right now. even if they're not well informed on the system n its games people still just trash them...its ridiculous lol. just the way the world is now i guess...followers and haters lol.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

HALO 3 - 94/100

HALO ODST - 83/100

HALO 4 - 87/100

VS.

KILLZONE 2 - 91

KILLZONE 3 - 84

KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL - 73

HALO 3 SOLD 14 MILLION

KILLZONE 3 SOLD 2.5 million

Killzone 3 did not sell 2.5 million, those are fake numbers. The last announced numbers for the game was 1.5 million. However, comparing Killzone 3 to Halo 3 doesn't make any sense, you have to compare Halo 3 to Killzone 2 because if the time frame.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cainetao11

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I thought you were insulting his nationality, because you could have simply said "cow" and not "polish cow"

If I was insulting I would have something like "polock".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46274 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

haha, that polish magazine is mad the Xbone isn't out in their country :p

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46274 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Ahhhhhh, your list making skills would make loosingends proud.

You include shit like Crimson Dragon, Ryse and non-exclusives like PvZ. Good job, keep at it and one day you'll be just as good as loosingends.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Too bad titanfall wasnt developed by ms first party developers and is only time/paid exclusive. Ea and respawn is clearly 3rd party and is multiplat. Technically xboner doesnt really have an fps by 1st party out yet. Im sure the next halo will look cartoony like last gen but gears of war has a chance to compete for best graphics. The article is right at the moment cant compare to sf

. Why lemmings even bother with listing dead rising that game will eventually be on ps4 just like dead rise 2 on ps3

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UnbiasedPoster

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

lol. Yeah, as much as I enjoy Killzone, Halo really blows it away.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Shadowrun is the equivalent of Killzone. Shitty multiplayer woo!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

Too bad titanfall wasnt developed by ms first party developers and is only time/paid exclusive. Ea and respawn is clearly 3rd party and is multiplat. Technically xboner doesnt really have an fps by 1st party out yet. Im sure the next halo will look cartoony like last gen but gears of war has a chance to compete for best graphics. The article is right at the moment cant compare to sf

. Why lemmings even bother with listing dead rising that game will eventually be on ps4 just like dead rise 2 on ps3

Halo 4 looked better than the Uncharted games. 360 was amazing. #dealwithit

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

I own them too. But nice attempt at damage controlling, fat boy.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cranler

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

Whether you compare the entire series or just specific gens, Halo has higher scores

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UnbiasedPoster

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

I own them too. But nice attempt at damage controlling, fat boy.

What damage control? Stop assuming you have any credibility on this forum. You've proven to no one that you have the ability to actually determine what qualifies as a good game. Saying you've played it, and somehow can fairly judge it, means dick to me.