MS doesn't have an equivalent of Killzone

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8549 posts) -

I've just read probably the most absurd thing for a long time. An article from a Polish equivalent of FORBES says that PlayStation brand has franchises (apparently The Last of Us is now a franchise) like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Killzone which are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on Xbox.

An equivalent of Killzone.

I cannot believe it.

In the same article I've also read that games sell consoles and that Xbox One doesn't have any.

#2 Posted by cainetao11 (17326 posts) -

Polish cow. Doesn't surprise me.

#3 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

I've just read probably the most absurd thing for a long time. An article from a Polish equivalent of FORBES says that PlayStation brand has franchises (apparently The Last of Us is now a franchise) like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Killzone which are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on Xbox.

I cannot believe it.

In the same article I've also read that games sell consoles and that Xbox One doesn't have any.

MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent.

#4 Posted by NFJSupreme (5293 posts) -

Not every site with articles is credible.

#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8549 posts) -

Lol but this is like the Polish equivalent of Forbes and an economic branch of the biggest newspaper in Poland.

#6 Edited by kinectthedots (1674 posts) -

It's true, and now you are butthurt. So go cry about it.

THREAD/

BTW:

Believe it or not games like the Last of Us, Uncharted and God of War are the reason's why so many people are picking up PS4 despite not having any big heavy hitters ATM. MS ditching the core xbox360 fan base and axing a bunch of studios mid gen for kinect pot of gold didn't help either.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39988 posts) -

Thank God, they don't.

#8 Posted by bobbetybob (19249 posts) -

Nah he's right, the FPS games the Xbox has are actually good.

#9 Posted by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

Lol but this is like the Polish equivalent of Forbes and an economic branch of the biggest newspaper in Poland.

Don't they take user submitted blogs essentially?

Also loads of respectable papers here are largely useless with gaming stuff. I've found broadsheets come out with some laughable stuff around video games.

Pretty much a non issue, a single individual says something stupid in a source that isn't credible. You can probably find 10 of those a day.

#10 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

This thread sucks, as expected.

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent.

KZ2 and 3 both had better campaigns than every single Gears and Halo last gen (not named Halo 3 or Gears 1). Some would argue that KZ2 had better MP than both, but I haven't invested enough time in it to say that as truth.

#11 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

KZ2 and 3 both had better campaigns than every single Gears and Halo last gen (not named Halo 3 or Gears 1). Some would argue that KZ2 had better MP than both, but I haven't invested enough time in it to say that as truth.

You can't objectively say that KZ had better campaigns. What we can look at is metacritic and sales. Gears 2 campaign is better than 1 since it has more variety btw.

#12 Posted by Phazevariance (10942 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

Everything in the post above is actually the opposite of the truth.

#13 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

It's unfortunate we can't say "lol level 1" anymore. But there's no way you're not trolling with that statement.

KZ2 was better than Killzone 1, while KZ3 copied COD and failed miserably. Graphical benchmarks? Yep. Good games? Hardly.

#14 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2348 posts) -

HALO 3 - 94/100

HALO ODST - 83/100

HALO 4 - 87/100

VS.

KILLZONE 2 - 91

KILLZONE 3 - 84

KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL - 73

HALO 3 SOLD 14 MILLION

KILLZONE 3 SOLD 2.5 million

#15 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

It makes sense. Killzone is a hardcore shooter, while Halo is casual. Don't see what the problem is

#16 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2348 posts) -

EXCLUSIVE GAMES!!! NO OLD HD REMAKE GAMES!!!(LIKE FLOWER OR LIKE THAT)

#17 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2348 posts) -

It makes sense. Killzone is a hardcore shooter, while Halo is casual. Don't see what the problem is

this is best joke i ever heard. Killzone is CASUAL SHOOTER.

Do you have any idea what is hardcore shooter?

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (46954 posts) -
#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13811 posts) -

What's with all the ethnic hate in this thread? :X

#20 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

True, they don't have an FPS series where each installment is rated worse than the previous one.

WAIT A MINUTE

#21 Posted by OhSnapitz (18311 posts) -

Dude why so serious?

A magazine, that few in the sw's has even heard, of spouting obvious ignorance.. shouldn't upset you this much.

#22 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

You can't objectively say that KZ had better campaigns. What we can look at is metacritic and sales. Gears 2 campaign is better than 1 since it has more variety btw.

Based on me playing every game in every franchise you mentioned I can indeed say that.

Scores represent the game as a whole, not just one portion. I specifically said the SP portion of those games were better. Either way, its like splitting hairs between the games. All of them were above 80 on metacritic. And then there's the fact that KZ2 actually has a higher metacritic than Halo 4...which completely makes your initial statement either

1) false

2) completely subjective

For future reference, sales do not represent game quality. Variety does not always make a game better.

Post better.

#23 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

It's unfortunate we can't say "lol level 1" anymore. But there's no way you're not trolling with that statement.

KZ2 was better than Killzone 1, while KZ3 copied COD and failed miserably. Graphical benchmarks? Yep. Good games? Hardly.

Gamers, critics, and people have actually played it tend to disagree.

#24 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

Based on me playing every game in every franchise you mentioned I can indeed say that.

Scores represent the game as a whole, not just one portion. I specifically said the SP portion of those games were better. Either way, its like splitting hairs between the games. All of them were above 80 on metacritic. And then there's the fact that KZ2 actually has a higher metacritic than Halo 4...which completely makes your initial statement either

1) false

2) completely subjective

For future reference, sales do not represent game quality. Variety does not always make a game better.

Post better.

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

#25 Posted by Wiimotefan (4075 posts) -
#26 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29176 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

You have a point, Xbox One does have more forgettable games than PS4.

#27 Posted by Couth_ (10059 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

U.S. Forbes is ridiculous as well man.. You can't sell magazines or website hits with pure objectivity.. That shit's boring son..

#28 Edited by Midnightshade29 (5286 posts) -

It's true, and now you are butthurt. So go cry about it.

THREAD/

BTW:

Believe it or not games like the Last of Us, Uncharted and God of War are the reason's why so many people are picking up PS4 despite not having any big heavy hitters ATM. MS ditching the core xbox360 fan base and axing a bunch of studios mid gen for kinect pot of gold didn't help either.

This....most reasonable lemmings "jumped out" when they seen 3 years of xbox casualization and the kinect / wii pot of gold focus. In that same time Sony released dozens of PS3 exclusives, and they are still coming out. Infact probably around 80% of Japan's thirdparty games are exclusive to PS3 this year.

Sony slipped up a bit in the start of the Ps3 gen, corrected it in 2008 and has been improving every year for game releases. Anyone who follows gaming can see this.

#29 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3062 posts) -

I got my PS4 for Sony's exclusive. Killzone is NOT one of them. It's a generic shooter with a generic story and tacked on MP that is virtually dead online. The only reason it gets praise is because it has stellar graphics. And no I'm not a fanboy, I'll gladly admit that UC2 is my all time favorite game and Uncharted my favorite series.

#30 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

Isn't this bannable?

#31 Posted by topgunmv (10206 posts) -

Franchises like those, or those franchises specifically? Because uncharted isn't on xbox.

#32 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

1) false

2) completely subjective

Post better.

Hows about we compare franchise metacritics instead of individual games? This would include Halo CE which has a 97 meta.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

#33 Posted by cainetao11 (17326 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I'm sorry if that offended you. The article is from a polish magazine, so I made a joke about the writer possibly being a cow. I'll commit seppuku.

#34 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Nah he's right, the FPS games the Xbox has are actually good.

FPS gameS? Plural? Its only Halo

#35 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I'm sorry if that offended you. The article is from a polish magazine, so I made a joke about the writer possibly being a cow. I'll commit seppuku.

I thought you were insulting his nationality, because you could have simply said "cow" and not "polish cow"

#36 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Great. What does that prove? That the XOne has more shit games than the PS4? Whats funny is that Resogun is still the highest rated exclusive game so far... its more sad than funny though

#37 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

1) false

2) completely subjective

Post better.

No. Look at my original reply to your post. I specifically said "last gen" titles excluding Halo 3 and Gears 1 because those games have better campaigns. I'm not here to compare the series, I'm simply stating your original post sucks and I disagree with it based upon what I have played. KZ2 and 3 have great campaigns. Have you played them?

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

#38 Posted by tymeservesfate (1663 posts) -

I cannot believe it.

this is exactly why the xbox one is going to have hell gaining ground in this thing. its just popular to hate on it and Microsoft right now. even if they're not well informed on the system n its games people still just trash them...its ridiculous lol. just the way the world is now i guess...followers and haters lol.

#39 Posted by TigerSuperman (2241 posts) -

HALO 3 - 94/100

HALO ODST - 83/100

HALO 4 - 87/100

VS.

KILLZONE 2 - 91

KILLZONE 3 - 84

KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL - 73

HALO 3 SOLD 14 MILLION

KILLZONE 3 SOLD 2.5 million

Killzone 3 did not sell 2.5 million, those are fake numbers. The last announced numbers for the game was 1.5 million. However, comparing Killzone 3 to Halo 3 doesn't make any sense, you have to compare Halo 3 to Killzone 2 because if the time frame.

#40 Edited by cainetao11 (17326 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@happyduds77 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Isn't this bannable?

I thought you were insulting his nationality, because you could have simply said "cow" and not "polish cow"

If I was insulting I would have something like "polock".

#41 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16439 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

haha, that polish magazine is mad the Xbone isn't out in their country :p

#42 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16439 posts) -

Ahhhhhh, your list making skills would make loosingends proud.

You include shit like Crimson Dragon, Ryse and non-exclusives like PvZ. Good job, keep at it and one day you'll be just as good as loosingends.

#43 Edited by iwasgood2u (773 posts) -

Too bad titanfall wasnt developed by ms first party developers and is only time/paid exclusive. Ea and respawn is clearly 3rd party and is multiplat. Technically xboner doesnt really have an fps by 1st party out yet. Im sure the next halo will look cartoony like last gen but gears of war has a chance to compete for best graphics. The article is right at the moment cant compare to sf

. Why lemmings even bother with listing dead rising that game will eventually be on ps4 just like dead rise 2 on ps3

#44 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

Why are you comparing KZ 2 to Halo 4? Let's compare metacritics from just last gen then. Halo had 94, 91 and 87. KZ has 91 and 84.

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

#45 Posted by lundy86_4 (43200 posts) -

lol. Yeah, as much as I enjoy Killzone, Halo really blows it away.

#46 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

Shadowrun is the equivalent of Killzone. Shitty multiplayer woo!

#47 Edited by locopatho (20238 posts) -

Too bad titanfall wasnt developed by ms first party developers and is only time/paid exclusive. Ea and respawn is clearly 3rd party and is multiplat. Technically xboner doesnt really have an fps by 1st party out yet. Im sure the next halo will look cartoony like last gen but gears of war has a chance to compete for best graphics. The article is right at the moment cant compare to sf

. Why lemmings even bother with listing dead rising that game will eventually be on ps4 just like dead rise 2 on ps3

Halo 4 looked better than the Uncharted games. 360 was amazing. #dealwithit

#48 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

@XboxStache said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I cannot believe it.

I own them too. But nice attempt at damage controlling, fat boy.

#49 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Cranler said:

"MS doesn't. Halo and Gears would have to have worse campaigns and have awful throwaway mp to be a KZ equivalent."

Sounds like you were talking about the whole series and not just specific titles. Not sure why you are trying to cherry pick examples of which games in the series you can use and which games I can't.

Whether you compare the entire series or just specific gens, Halo has higher scores

#50 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

I own them too. But nice attempt at damage controlling, fat boy.

What damage control? Stop assuming you have any credibility on this forum. You've proven to no one that you have the ability to actually determine what qualifies as a good game. Saying you've played it, and somehow can fairly judge it, means dick to me.