MS bribing gaming media to downplay resolution-gate?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

...a day after resolution-gate broke out, all of sudden a bunch of media came out to downplay it, arstechnica, edge, eurogamer.....hmm what a coincidence

#2 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

I don't think so.

#3 Edited by lundy86_4 (46765 posts) -

Conspiracy theories... Gotta love 'em.

#4 Edited by RR360DD (13493 posts) -

Or could be it really just doesn't matter as much as cows make it out to.

If yous were so bothered about resolution and graphics, why the hell did you even support the PS3?

#5 Edited by xxyetixx (1825 posts) -

No it's because the differences aren't that life shattering!

#6 Posted by TheKingIAm (1531 posts) -

MS is like the illuminati, they probably have a knife under everyone's throat

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (34418 posts) -

thinfoilhat.jpg

#9 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

If yous were so bothered about resolution and graphics, why the hell did you even support the PS3?

Don't act like the PS3 was inferior to the 360, it was harder to develop for, Yes, but inferior? no.

#10 Posted by JTH_22 (1438 posts) -

Funny making a claim like that I'd almost expected some kind of proof...lol silly me.

#11 Posted by applefan1991 (3324 posts) -

But that source doe

#12 Posted by MonsieurX (34418 posts) -

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumors/sony-appears-bribing-gamestop-managers-free-ps4-games/

lolz

#13 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Lems:

360 with slightly better resolution than PS3 multiplat: "I will buy the superior version on Xbox"

PS4 with a significantly better resolution than XBO: "It's not that different, I'll still get it on Xbox"

Did you expect something different from them?

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (53576 posts) -

Cows:

360 with significantly better multiplats and game performance than PS3 multiplats: "It's not that different, I'll still get it on PS3"

PS4 with a slightly better resolution than XBO: "It's the biggest graphical gap in the history of gaming!!!!"

#15 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

doubt it

#16 Edited by Tessellation (8873 posts) -

your obsession with MS and the xbox one is quite a sickness,LOL nolife 24/7 on gamespot bashing a plastic object.

#17 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

your obsession with MS and the xbox one is quite a sickness,LOL nolife 24/7 on gamespot bashing a plastic object.

>Has twice as many posts

>talks about those with no life

#18 Posted by Tessellation (8873 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

@Tessellation said:

>Has twice as many posts

> post under a bandodging account

> too dumb too keep his account in good health

> no need to remind me how i hurt your feelings under your other alts

#CRYMOREPLEASE.

#19 Edited by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

@majesticshea said:

@Tessellation said:

>Has twice as many posts

> post under a bandodging account

> too dumb too keep his account in good health

> no need to remind me how i hurt your feelings under your other alts

#CRYMOREPLEASE.

>Assumes anyone who doesn't have close to 10k posts (like himeself) and is here everyday is a bandodger

>Uses hashtags on a gaming forum site; obviously socially inept

#20 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Lol no...

#21 Edited by Tessellation (8873 posts) -

LMAO the butthurt bandodger doesn't like to be called a bandodger because is true,continue crying.

#22 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Sweenix: dont matter. The 360 had most better multiplats, BUT. Why in hell do you even support consoles if you cows sooo desperately care so much about graphics. Get a pc....

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (30683 posts) -

Konami and Sony made reviewers of advanced copies sign legal contracts excluding grounds to rate the game down on and made manditory review coaching sections, and it worked getting that piece of shit game a 10/10... no MS bribing will top that.

#24 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@Sweenix: dont matter. The 360 had most better multiplats, BUT. Why in hell do you even support consoles if you cows sooo desperately care so much about graphics. Get a pc....

And yet, PS3 exclusives looked much better then those multiplats... and graphics shouldn't be the main reason to be a console, but spending $500 on an underpowered console, that runs call of duty at the same resolution as the 360, is just a complete rip off.

I think, the xbone is pretty good, and the launch line up is slightly better then the PS4, although the announced games are worse, but there is no way in hell, that console is worth $500.

#25 Posted by Multipass35 (312 posts) -

@-Damien-: do you have a link?

#26 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Cow Logic!

#27 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9715 posts) -

Resolution-Gate? I prefer the Resolutionary War. :P

#28 Edited by superclocked (5864 posts) -

I'm primarily a PC gamer, and I'll be the first to tell you that the jump from 720p to 1080p is huge. 720p is only 921,600 pixels. 1080p is 2,073,600 pixels. That's 125% more detail from a console that is also $100 cheaper...

#29 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

while MS does love the moneyhat, they aren't Saturday morning cartoon villains.

#30 Edited by blackace (22666 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

...a day after resolution-gate broke out, all of sudden a bunch of media came out to downplay it, arstechnica, edge, eurogamer.....hmm what a coincidence

It's because they are using the older beta devkits and some of these games will be patched on day one. lol!!

#31 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Conspiracy theories... Gotta love 'em.

It's more like cows insecurity going through the roof.

#32 Posted by Zophar87 (4342 posts) -

I doubt it but it does seem very peculiar that most gaming media is quick to defend the thing...

#33 Posted by Zophar87 (4342 posts) -

@xxyetixx:

Native 720p vs native 1080p is a phenomenal difference. You'd literally have to be be blind to not see it.

#34 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6263 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

Lems:

360 with slightly better resolution than PS3 multiplat: "I will buy the superior version on Xbox"

PS4 with a significantly better resolution than XBO: "It's not that different, I'll still get it on Xbox"

Exactly this ^

#35 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (6263 posts) -
@blackace said:

@-Damien- said:

It's because they are using the older beta devkits and some of these games will be patched on day one. lol!!

Link from Microsoft?

@FragTycoon said:

Lems:

Exactly this ^

#36 Posted by KHAndAnime (16251 posts) -

Lemmings fail to realize that the PS4 running games at 1080P while XB1 runs them at 720p is an indication of a massive leap in power in favor of PS4. All PC gamers know 720p is a significantly "easier to run" resolution than 1080P. PS4 devs can pump out 720p games that would make XB1's 720p games look like poopie with all that extra power.

#38 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I will say this - I do find the media's reaction to all of this a bit perplexing. They spent a generation by and large talking down Sony and Nintendo's console for its weaker graphics (to varying degrees, obviously).

Now, we're at pre-launch, with games being proven to be factually better looking on one console, with a pretty large indicator in performance delta between the two, and they are downplaying it or saying it doesn't matter. Not only that, its one of the few times Sony made claims about hardware that it backed up and then some.

And the thing that should REALLY be obvious is how quickly the media would drag Sony's new console through the mud if the roles were reversed and the XBone was the weaker console. Doubly so if Sony's console was more expensive. But w/e, hypocrisy is easy enough to point out.

#39 Posted by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

Lems:

What do you expect from lemmings? They're not real gamers. real gamers would get the superior version on a game machine and not a cabal box.

#40 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (1150 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

But if it does not matter, why are media outlets jumping on it in droves so quickly to D/C?

#41 Posted by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@RR360DD said:

But if it does not matter, why are media outlets jumping on it in droves so quickly to D/C?

Lemmings are using 720p HDTV to game. So it really doesnt matter to them.

#42 Edited by clyde46 (48786 posts) -

Your obsession is borderline scary.

#43 Posted by EZs (1452 posts) -

@FragTycoon: I expect Lems to bend down and cry.

#44 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Unsurprising developments. A lot of dying print magazines will be getting cheques soon to give the Xbone good reviews, GQ is the first.

#45 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (6774 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

Lems:

But it wasn't just resolution, when multiplats had problems on the PS3, they also had frame rate issues and screen tearing. Otherwise I never thought that resolution was a good enough reason to pick one over the other.

#46 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@superclocked said:

I'm primarily a PC gamer, and I'll be the first to tell you that the jump from 720p to 1080p is huge. 720p is only 921,600 pixels. 1080p is 2,073,600 pixels. That's 125% more detail from a console that is also $100 cheaper...

No argument, stupid lems.

#47 Posted by bulby_g (1845 posts) -

I think it's more likely that members of the gaming media can be fanboys/girls too. There is certainly a noticeable difference though, especially now that next gen games will be even more detailed. I expected some sub 1080p resolutions from the consoles this gen but 720p still is pretty shocking.

#48 Posted by tormentos (23184 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumors/sony-appears-bribing-gamestop-managers-free-ps4-games/

lolz

Yeah like MS E3 free xbox 360 for every one marathon.?

hahaa

@blackace said:

@-Damien- said:

You really don't know what more excuse to use to justify the xbox one under performance..lol

#49 Edited by donalbane (16383 posts) -

I suspect that, like many people here, these sources have access to powerful gaming PCs, so both PS4 and Xbox One offer inferior graphics - that's just a given. From that perspective, it's not such a big deal, since you will be playing multiplatform titles on PC anyway. I know personally I am going to use the new consoles primarily for exclusives. The only reason I would get a multiplat on a console is if I had friends on a particular console... unfortunately, I'm the only person I know buying either next gen console at launch.

#50 Posted by handssss (1903 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

lolz

Yes the gamestop managers are receiving free games AND systems from both Microsoft and Sony.