MS betrays fans with Elite system? GET REAL!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fanboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fanboy999
Member since 2003 • 1444 Posts
It cracks me up to read all these topics about how MS is screwing up and screwing it's customers with a redesigned Xbox. The PS2 was redesigned on the outside once with the slim but made many technical changes inside over the years to the disc drive, cooling system, and chipset. A current Playstation 3 owner WILL see their system change in the next year or 2. The PS3 will be smaller, cheaper, cooler, and faster. I bet the Sony fans will be either cheering or crying when this happens. I've been collecting systems since the Atari 2600 and every single home system I owned ever has gone through both asthetic and technical changes during it's shelf life.  Your system will change so get used to it people!
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
didn't slim PS2 come out 4 years after launch?
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts

I agree, but i wish i had HDMI on my 360.  It would be nice, but component is OK.  I still wont get PS3 yet until it gets new games.

Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Wow, the brains really come in such small sizes these days....lol Quit denying it, M$ screwed early consumers. Their system you see is an upgrade unlike the PS2 slim and cost more also unlike the PS2 slim...and is a year later allllso..unlike the P.S.2 slim. Now plz enlighten me with more of the lemmings.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
They didn't add hdmi, which will improve how a game looks on 1080p tv's :). I'm just stating that the graphics and sound on the ps2 are the same regardless on which tv  you play it on.
solidx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 solidx12
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts

you cant compared them ...

PS2 slim didnt get any new features.

in the other side the elite got a bigger HDD and HDMI and a PS3-LIKE color. :) (i had to say that)

now go back to sleep. PLAYSTATION still rules.

solidx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 solidx12
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts

Wow, the brains really come in such small sizes these days....lol Quit denying it, M$ screwed early consumers. Their system you see is an upgrade unlike the PS2 slim and cost more also unlike the PS2 slim...and is a year later allllso..unlike the P.S.2 slim. Now plz enlighten me with more of the lemmings.Goku004

hahahaha funny i had to quote you man.

Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
It cracks me up to read all these topics about how MS is screwing up and screwing it's customers with a redesigned Xbox. The PS2 was redesigned on the outside once with the slim but made many technical changes inside over the years to the disc drive, cooling system, and chipset. A current Playstation 3 owner WILL see their system change in the next year or 2. The PS3 will be smaller, cheaper, cooler, and faster. I bet the Sony fans will be either cheering or crying when this happens. I've been collecting systems since the Atari 2600 and every single home system I owned ever has gone through both asthetic and technical changes during it's shelf life. Your system will change so get used to it people!fanboy999
Your name is fanboy. You have no sig. You fail.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

in the other side the elite got a bigger HDD and HDMI and a PS3-LIKE color. :) (i had to say that)

solidx12
so the ps2 didnt get an ehternet port built in? /your post
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="solidx12"]

air0123

You do know that hdmi will make xbox 360 gaems sound and look better on a 1080p tv?
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 air0123
[QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

nextgengaming18

You do know that hdmi will make xbox 360 gaems sound and look better on a 1080p tv?

yes, it will make them sound better in 7.1 surround sound sound, but it will not make them look any better.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Sticky.
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

air0123

yes, it will make them sound better in 7.1 surround sound sound, but it will not make them look any better.

Why would you want to play a less superior version of a game, even though they are the same consol?
mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say they didn't screw us because they kinda did.  I don't know why they didn't include HDMI out with the Premium if they knew they'd have an HD DVD player coming out for it.  Oh, and what's with the PC grew?  I like everything about this new system and will peobably buy one when it comes out and then sell my current at work.  It's actually a pretty good deal, for 80 bux more you get a 160 GB HDD, HDMI out, and it's black.  The hard drive alone is worth the scratch.

Now as for the stand alone 160 for near 200?  No way in hell I'd buy that.  That thing should be 80 dollars.  Hell, I just bought a 500Gig external for my PC at 125.00

Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

nextgengaming18

but i thought hdmi wasnt needed??? i thought there was no difference between 1801i and 1080P...(Pause).....(resume) oh yeah thats right it was M$ that said that.. this "elite" system only proves that Sony was right all along. Hate now. and you'll Still end up buying a ps3 later.
swaginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 swaginator
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

Uzburacuz9

but i thought hdmi wasnt needed??? i thought there was no difference between 1801i and 1080P...(Pause).....(resume) oh yeah thats right it was M$ that said that.. this "elite" system only proves that Sony was right all along. Hate now. and you'll Still end up buying a ps3 later.

The Elite system just shows how far Microsoft is willing too go too please there customers.
SyinnX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SyinnX
Member since 2005 • 839 Posts
"The PS3 will be smaller, cheaper, cooler, and faster." You even said it, it would be a smaller, cheaper, cooler, and faster. But this change on the 360 is the same look, differ color, like 1-2 addons, and it cost more money. See the differ? Sony changes the design of the system, MS is leaving the same thing just addons are new. (maybe fixing their mistake).
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 air0123
[QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

nextgengaming18

Why would you want to play a less superior version of a game, even though they are the same consol?

oh my goodness, you are talking about something that so few gamers actually have, and that is 7.1 surround sound. i have 5.1 SS, and i dont use that, why would i want to pay more for something i dont use? fpr instance, like if you go to someones house and they want to watch a movie you have and you only have it in BR and they only have a dvd player, like basically everyone, what are youi going to do? take your ps3 with you? no, i dont think so, you will just buy the dvd, because you know you will get the most use out of it.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts
yes they screwed early consumers but hell nintendo has been doing that for years
Mafia17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mafia17
Member since 2007 • 453 Posts
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

air0123

oh my goodness, you are talking about something that so few gamers actually have, and that is 7.1 surround sound. i have 5.1 SS, and i dont use that, why would i want to pay more for something i dont use? fpr instance, like if you go to someones house and they want to watch a movie you have and you only have it in BR and they only have a dvd player, like basically everyone, what are youi going to do? take your ps3 with you? no, i dont think so, you will just buy the dvd, because you know you will get the most use out of it.

I have 7.1 surrond sound

herozs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 herozs
Member since 2006 • 804 Posts

It cracks me up to read all these topics about how MS is screwing up and screwing it's customers with a redesigned Xbox. The PS2 was redesigned on the outside once with the slim but made many technical changes inside over the years to the disc drive, cooling system, and chipset. A current Playstation 3 owner WILL see their system change in the next year or 2. The PS3 will be smaller, cheaper, cooler, and faster. I bet the Sony fans will be either cheering or crying when this happens. I've been collecting systems since the Atari 2600 and every single home system I owned ever has gone through both asthetic and technical changes during it's shelf life. Your system will change so get used to it people!fanboy999

Yea but the 360 was realsed 15 months ago

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
xbox360 is playin catch up with the PS3..
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

I don't feel betrayed.  My Aquos does 1080p through component for games and I don't need a 120GB drive right now.  I love my 360....10x better than my flopstation 3.

Hman321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hman321
Member since 2007 • 1271 Posts
didn't slim PS2 come out 4 years after launch?Ragashahs
lol but that is sad it's been one year and MS already releases i new xbox 360 they should wait 3-4 years later before they released it
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="air0123"][QUOTE="solidx12"]

air0123

I have a ps3, xbox 360, and wii :). I do feel a little disappointed with this news.. And I do own a 1080 p with 7.1 sorround sound :(.