Move over Ground Zeroes, seems TLOU Left Behind = 2 hours

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5131 posts) -
#2 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

Not surprising

#3 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

This is perfectly fine, Naughty Dog really knows how to make great games.

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (54469 posts) -

It's DLC though

#5 Edited by Cheleman (7615 posts) -

Still longer than TitanFlop's campaign rofl

#6 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20730 posts) -

Cheleman:

still jelly of Titanfall

Cant be a flop, not out yet.

MAny hours will be spent playing Titanfall, you must be jelly eh?

#7 Posted by hamster3_3 (130 posts) -

What do you want from DLC? You'll just send a cow off to find out how long Xbox DLC is and make a boring post about it.

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (6895 posts) -

My friends, as with most Naughty Dog titles (much like Metal Gear Solid) most of it will be a poor CGI imitation of superior real movies, with bare bones gameplay. Worry not, for gameplay didn't exist in the first place.

#9 Posted by mario-galaxys (594 posts) -

I really do not get the point of having a short DLC unless to upset people who bought it.

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (45785 posts) -

Still bummed ND went with a DLC we already know the story to. Joel's past would have been way more interesting

#11 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2143 posts) -

I'd rather save my money and get MGS5GZ

#12 Posted by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

What do you want from DLC? You'll just send a cow off to find out how long Xbox DLC is and make a boring post about it.

yea but Skyrim's dlc was immense. so was GTA4's and Mass Effect's. just 2 hours is kind of shabby...especially since it'll probably be the only bit the game gets.

#13 Edited by Gue1 (9157 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, as with most Naughty Dog titles (much like Metal Gear Solid) most of it will be a poor CGI imitation of superior real movies, with bare bones gameplay. Worry not, for gameplay didn't exist in the first place.

Both, Uncharted and TLOU, have short and disperse cut-scenes. Lots of the story unfolds through the gameplay (and even on the environment) itself like: jokes, conversations, guiding tips (if you have them on) all seamlessly blended together with the set-pieces, puzzles, stealth like no other game has been able to imitate, which is why the games have won so many awards.

#14 Edited by brut_fruit (91 posts) -

didn't know groundz zerose was dlc

#15 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Both, Uncharted and TLOU, have short and disperse cut-scenes. Lots of the story unfolds through the gameplay itself like: jokes, conversations, guiding tips (if you have them on) all seamlessly blended together with the set-pieces, puzzles, stealth like no other game has been able to imitate, which is why the games have won so many awards.

"Stealth like no other game has been able to imitate"...

TLOU hasn't even been out long enough for any game to imitate it and if you're talking about Uncharted's stealth sections then HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#16 Posted by PSP107 (11598 posts) -
#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (6895 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

, stealth like no other game has been able to imitate,

#18 Edited by Netret0120 (1903 posts) -

It is DLC

What do you expect?

#19 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13718 posts) -

For a DLC, that's pretty good.

#20 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (385 posts) -

The issue with something being short becomes an issue when the price doesn't match. And...

It is DLC

What do you expect?

#21 Posted by billing (609 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

Still longer than TitanFlop's campaign rofl

Easily rack up 400 hours on Titanfall

#22 Posted by hippiesanta (9733 posts) -

The word Triumph already makes me happy

#23 Edited by happyduds77 (1371 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Both, Uncharted and TLOU, have short and disperse cut-scenes. Lots of the story unfolds through the gameplay itself like: jokes, conversations, guiding tips (if you have them on) all seamlessly blended together with the set-pieces, puzzles, stealth like no other game has been able to imitate, which is why the games have won so many awards.

TLOU hasn't even been out long enough for any game to imitate it and if you're talking about Uncharted's stealth sections then HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're missing the point here. Why did you single out stealth? It's all the elements combined that made those games what they are.

#24 Posted by AmazonAngry (675 posts) -

That's fine with me. There are tons of titles coming up really soon, and a quick stomp back into TLOU world would be perfect right before March madness.

#25 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@Gue1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You're missing the point here. Why did you single out stealth? It's all the elements combined that made those games what they are.

Oh yeah, I just misread it and the way it's worded made it seem like "stealth like no other game has been able to imitate" was one point. Still, I'd hardly say stealth was one of the vital parts that make up Uncharted.

#26 Edited by happyduds77 (1371 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

@bobbetybob said:
@Gue1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh yeah, I just misread it and the way it's worded made it seem like "stealth like no other game has been able to imitate" was one point. Still, I'd hardly say stealth was one of the vital parts that make up Uncharted.

Even though stealth is one of the weakest point of Uncharted. The Uncharted series have an insane amount of stealth take down animations and it's shame because most stealth based games are lacking in that department.

#27 Edited by _Matt_ (8787 posts) -

Pretty good for dlc, how much is this dlc?

#28 Posted by bezza2011 (2215 posts) -

A DLC to a great game which will be less than $40, and by the looks of things from IGN and this article the DLC is amazing.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero IS near enough full game price, for a small portion of the game which is going to take till the end of 2015 to come out. slight difference to be fair, most DLCs aren't that long, jesus for the price you pay to have TLOU DLC i guess you could spend that on say Forza 5 to get hmmmm a few cars lol

#29 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16092 posts) -

That's disappointing. What's up with games/DLC being so short lately:

-Bioshock Burial at Sea episode 1: 1 hour

-Walking dead 400 days: 1 hour

-MGS V: 2 hours

and now this ?

#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16092 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

It's 15 dollars/euro. Or you can get the season pass including some MP DLC and a documentary for 20 dollars/euro

#31 Posted by MirkoS77 (6866 posts) -

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!

I don't care, anything TLoU I'm game. Hell, I don't care if there's really no action. I find TLoUs universe and characters so well done that simple exposition for a few hours would make me happy.

I'm very interested to see Ellie pre Joel. I've no doubt ND will knock it out of the park anyway.

#32 Posted by _Matt_ (8787 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

It's 15 dollars/euro. Or you can get the season pass including some MP DLC and a documentary for 20 dollars/euro

Oh... then I take that back.

If it were £8 dlc which is what I thought it would be then I could forgive the length

#33 Edited by Desmonic (12694 posts) -

Eh, expected really. Considering the story arch they are using, there wasn't really that much they could do to stretch it out and make it fun. Like @mems_1224 said, I think Joel's past would have been far more fun to experience (and for them to make, since they wouldn't be soo grounded from the start).

Could be cheaper though (10$ instead of 15$).

#34 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Why does gamespot look so different?

#35 Edited by McStrongfast (4261 posts) -

Length isn't the issue with Ground Zeroes.

#36 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

Ah, I was hoping it would be 3-4 hours.

#37 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

DLC gonna dlc.

#38 Edited by Krelian-co (10054 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

That's disappointing. What's up with games/DLC being so short lately:

-Bioshock Burial at Sea episode 1: 1 hour

-Walking dead 400 days: 1 hour

-MGS V: 2 hours

and now this ?

season passes and easy money

#39 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5537 posts) -

The only substatinal DLC is in RPG games. Borderlands General KNOXX was really good,maybe the highways dragged it abit but the content was there. BL2 is said to have some very naice DLC in it! Bethesda although are enemy to the paying gamer have made good DLC such as Continuation of FO3 & Dragonborn.Dawngaurd was alright too..

#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (26212 posts) -

I understand some of the pricing of ground zeroes is ridiculous. But for people to act like the $20 dollar digital price point for the game doesn't exist on PS3 and the 360 are just acting a little goofy,

#41 Edited by speedfog (2864 posts) -

This is why SONY exclusives are getting shit. Milking costumers money.

#42 Edited by blackace (19745 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-07-the-last-of-us-left-behind-is-a-two-hour-triumph

Ruh Roah, at least it aint $40 tho.

I have the season pass for this game, fyi.

I thought TLOU:LB was just a short DLC game anyways. The price is only $15. so I can live with that. It's not $40 like MGSV: GZ. Kojima can shove it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/the-last-of-us-left-behind-release-date-leaks

I understand some of the pricing of ground zeroes is ridiculous. But for people to act like the $20 dollar digital price point for the game doesn't exist on PS3 and the 360 are just acting a little goofy,

It should be $20 DD on the PS4 and XB1 as well. That's pretty much why there is a problem. The pricing shouldn't have been different. Konami is just greedy and gamers will speak with their wallets.

#43 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16092 posts) -

Ah, I was hoping it would be 3-4 hours.

Yeah same here. 3-4 hours would've been nice. 2 hours is really short. Hopefully it's more if you explore the levels a bit and the 2 hours is for running through the game :/

season passes and easy money

True, when a lot of people buy season passes than it doesn't matter what quality or length the DLC is in the end.

#44 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9288 posts) -

@speedfog said:

This is why SONY exclusives are getting shit. Milking costumers money.

Weak attempt at trolling....

#45 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

But then you have Kojima undermining that and saying "I want you to buy the next gen versions". Makes him sound greedy.

Also 2 hours for a $15 DLC is perfectly normal

#46 Posted by Puckhog04 (22587 posts) -

Last of Us is DLC. Ground Zeroes is supposedly a full retail game. Big difference.

#47 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

I'm sorry but "Atleast it costs less than MGS Ground Zero" is by no means a good thing, not even alittle, yes its less bad, but definately not good. Its just crappy self reassurance, 2 hours is short. Period.

Naturally my words fall on deaf ears and developers are now more confident than ever they can get away with more for less.

Also this is Story DLC, how ,much of it is cutscenes ? Or is that another thing we are going to let slide ? Whatever, Atleast the Main Game was good.

Let me know how much you enjoyed Left Behind when it comes (if this is what the industry has come to then you the least you can do is give me heads up).

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (26212 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

But then you have Kojima undermining that and saying "I want you to buy the next gen versions". Makes him sound greedy.

Also 2 hours for a $15 DLC is perfectly normal

Yeah but the thing is this has stemmed from the game informer preview. Where from one source we heard it takes 4-5 hours and from one it took 2-3 hours. And everyone is piling onto the shorter report.
Also why wouldn't you want to buy the next gen versions. Does it make him sound greedy? Yes. But i'm sure that's where his engine has the most horse power and bang.

Also I don't see why people are hopping onto this like flies on shit when there are options available. He may want you to buy the next gen version but he's not holding a gun to your head to do it
You can also wait if you want for the price point to lower. You're not being forced to buy this.

Also despite the fact developers are out to make games and hope people to buy them. They're also running a business and have to A) Put food on the table and a roof over their heads and B) also be sustainable.

I mean look at titan fall and all it's other MP only counter parts. Socom, Mag and so on. They go for 60 dollars and we aren't complaining about that. Granted they have unlimited replay value to being multiplayer in nature. But you can see all the content in less than 10 hours or at most expect what's coming.

#49 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

didn't know groundz zerose was dlc

It more or less is.. Or at least on par with what you'd expect from a DLC... except for the price..