Motion to reduce 500 posts rule

This topic is locked from further discussion.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 which_wich
Member since 2014 • 189 Posts

C'mon. That's ridiculous. I think by now with my Destiny Hype thread I've proven that I'm not a troll. I want to work on a DA: Inquisition hype thread but I'm not going to sit here all day and spam with stupid unnecessary comments just to get up to 500. We get the idea. 500 is just too much. 300 or 250 sounds about good enough. Any dumbass that creates even over 20 posts just for the sake of spamming or trolling is, well, a dumbass. I don't have the time to spam 500 posts. I actually spent over 10 hours working on a DriveClub Hypethread but couldn't post it because I didn't have time to finish it and because of the 500 posts rule for new OP. I think you guys need to reevaluate that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Motion Denied. Sorry

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@which_wich said:

. I actually spent over 10 hours working on a DriveClub Hypethread but couldn't post it because I didn't have time to finish it and because of the 500 posts rule for new OP.

Perhaps you should have thought that one through before committing 10 hours

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

In b4 lock because......LOL no 500 posts. (also wrong board to complain about this)

No because It gives the SW community a false hope that it stops trolls when in fact it does not. In fact there are some trolls with well over 10k posts.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 which_wich

@lostrib said:

@which_wich said:

. I actually spent over 10 hours working on a DriveClub Hypethread but couldn't post it because I didn't have time to finish it and because of the 500 posts rule for new OP.

Perhaps you should have thought that one through before committing 10 hours

I was going to post it either way regardless of the rule but didn't have time with work and stuff

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Your sentiments are fair, especially where people want to contribute to the forum and not just come out with the usual anti faction diatribe.

Unfortunately you know this thread will likely get locked.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 which_wich

@Ghost120x said:

In b4 lock because......LOL no 500 posts.

No because It gives the SW community a false hope that it stops trolls when in fact it does not. In fact there are some trolls with well over 10k posts.

Yeah, imagine coming to find out some of those trolls also became mods. No offense. But 500 is dumb and too much. It's an overkill. Bring it down to 300. If I wanted to troll I'd troll regardless

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Denied.