Motion Technology

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrKlowny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrKlowny
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

I didn't really know where to put this but I am kind of mad at both Sony and Microsoft. I have a Wii and THE reason it doesn't get played is due to the motion controls, I hate it. Now we have Sony coming out with a wand and Microsoft with natal. Am I the only one sick of companies trying to do the motion control crap? Gaming just isn't gaming unless you are holding a controller and doing some button smashing. However, I will say that Flower was good but again, not my cup of tea. Does anyone else agree with the fact that motion controls is just not what the majority of gamers do not want?

Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts

It's like your avatar is disappointed too, ha. Maybe motion control is a change for gaming forever, maybe it's not. I'm all for new things, if the motion control brings games that are great and fun to play I'm all for it. But i like that the ps3 and 360 will have motion control as an option, if you don't want to buy Natal or whatever you can still use a regular controller. You need to worry if they go fully motion control.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

I didn't really know where to put this but I am kind of mad at both Sony and Microsoft. I have a Wii and THE reason it doesn't get played is due to the motion controls, I hate it. Now we have Sony coming out with a wand and Microsoft with natal. Am I the only one sick of companies trying to do the motion control crap? Gaming just isn't gaming unless you are holding a controller and doing some button smashing. However, I will say that Flower was good but again, not my cup of tea. Does anyone else agree with the fact that motion controls is just not what the majority of gamers do not want?

MrKlowny

So playing cards is not game anymore? :?

Simple solution: Don't buy them, no body force you to.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Depends on what you mean by gamers. Consumers are jumping on the Wii like a hobo on beer.
MrKlowny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrKlowny
Well, what I am worried about is that complete motion technology will go mainstream and will be no way of avoiding it. Now don't get me wrong, I've seen what Natal can do so far and I think it is simply amazing in terms of how you can interact with NPCs and that aspect is fine. I am just worried about how you won't be using a controller with it. Now with PS3 they are having a wand which, ugh, I hit my tv with my wii remote when my strap broke so I don't want to go there again lol. Thing is, I really want Natal at the same time that I hate it lol. It looks so freaking innovative. I don't even own an Xbox though and prefer my PS3 otherwise even if Natal is nice. The card games with the eye toy are actually quite neat but I don't see myself personally purchasing. I just sincerely hope Sony and Microsoft don't MAKE you end up needing these motion controls to play a game to its fullest.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Think it only will be a gimmick thing like Guitar hero with its guitar, couple of gimmick games come that use it.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

As long as it doesn't become the norm, I don't care.

appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

It'll take some time to adjust to the motion-controlled, digitally-distrubed games of the future. I'd rather stay away from motion controls.

MrKlowny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrKlowny
Don't get me wrong, I am not a fanboy of any system. I actually like some of the Wii games such as madworld, mario galaxy, metroid, and lol wii sports. However, it feels like a fad to me. I'm a lazy gamer, I don't want to get up and slash and dash a pretend sword around lol.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

The more advanced motion control gets, the better. M+ already makes the wii great.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

You're not going to be forced to use it so ignore it? Worrying about how they MAY become mainstream is useless, you don't decide that, the market does, if that's what it wants, you'll just have to suck it up.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Think it only will be a gimmick thing like Guitar hero with its guitar, couple of gimmick games come that use it.

aroxx_ab
I hope it doesn't just go that far. That is still thinking in the box for motion. Motion games should take much longer developing times. Hopefully not the same as regular controler games.